by Graco

#3 in Car Seats

Safely ride rear-facing longer! Graco® Extend2Fit® featuring Safety Surround™ Side Impact Protection provides 5” of extra legroom allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer with the best head protection at every stage.

Just ordered this, but I’m worried that the cover may be hard to clean. Any experience and reassurance? Thanks!
Is this seat any better than the saftey1st carseats?
How compact is this front [email protected][product:graco-extend2fit-convertible-car-seat-13]?
Start your review of Graco Extend2Fit� Convertible Car Seat featuring Safety Surround� Side Impact Protection!
How would you rate this product?
I really want to give this car seat five stars, but there's a couple things I've had issues with. (I've had this seat for a little over a year, btw.) The first and biggest pain is taking the covers off to wash it. Every parent knows this is inevitable because kids are messy. I literally had my mom laughing at me after the first time I took it off because I told her it took me 30 minutes and I felt like I was voiding any and every warranty there could possibly be. There's so many different hooks and straps, and you have to take the pieces off in a certain order. It's just as much of a pain putting the pieces back on. Secondly, the button, bar, whatever you want to call it, that you pull to adjust the recline is a little tough. It's been pretty much impossible for me to adjust it by just pulling with my thumb. Lastly, the bottom strap that you pull to tighten the harness straps doesn't tighten that well. I've resorted to tightening the harness by pulling it at the back of the seat, THEN pulling the bottom strap.
Flowery Br, GA
I purchased this when my son was around 8 months old. He is a very big kid and he outgrew his infant seat pretty quickly. This seat is awesome. It's very comfortable for my son and it is adjustable. I feel like hes going to use this for a very long time. It installs really easily as well. It has 3 recline positions for rear facing and it has an extender to push it further away from the seat to create more leg room as well. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Graco is my go to for my child's safety Seats. I used graco Seats with my oldest son as well.
Hollister , CA
We’ve only been using this for several months, but so far so good! Our baby is super secure in it. It also fits well in my small Hyundai Tucson. It was super easy to install (mainly because the hubs did it 😆), but it did require a bit of elbow grease to get it nice and snug. Beware, when you secure it in, be sure the pull strap to tighten the safety strap is pulled out, otherwise you’ll have to undo all the work to get it out and tighten everything down again... we learned that the hard way, twice 🙈
Parkersburg, WV
We are currently using this car seat for our 2 yr old and we absolutely love it. I feel 100% confident with her in this car seat. It’s heavy and cushioned to protect her in case of an accident. The extend to fit is perfect for use when she’s napping on the car for a little foot rest. We have a cheaper car seat in my husbands car that isn’t used very often and I do not trust that car seat as much as I do this one.
Simpsonville , SC
Love that this can be used at many different ages and sizes. It grows with your child. Very easy to put in and take out of the car. Makes me feel like my children are safe and comfortable at the same time! We have 2, 1 for our 4 year old and 1 for our almost 2 year old and they love having 2 cup holders for their drink and for whatever toys that they want to keeps safe lol
Lynnwood, WA
Just purchased this for my very tall 8 month old daughter. It fits her securely and will last her a long time. Very safe and easy to install in the car. If you’re used to bringing your car seat with you it’s really not possible here. If your child is sitting up or is already tall but less than a year old this is a great car seat that will last until they are front facing.
Las Cruces, NM
I have this very car seat and have bought 2 of them. My first one went threw a small accident my child got hit on her side and I was so terrified that she would be hurt but no not a scratch owie or anything. The car seat took all the energy keeping her safe. The extra padding is nice for the times she has spilt her drink or diaper/potty training mishaps just throw it in the wash quick and easy. The buckles stay put no twisting. It's the best car seat I have ever owned.
Kansas City , MO
We upgrader my daughter months ago with this carseat and she was absolutely thrilled with it. She loves her "grey thing" aka the extender. You can extend it to allow them to stretch their legs out and keep comfortable. Installation was super easy. We've taken it in and out before to install into another car for a road trip and gave us no trouble at all.
Birmingham , AL
Are use this car seat from the time I little girl was 12 months till she was almost 3. This car seat is priced where is affordable and Graco is a trusted name brand that we all know,love ,and trust. I trust Graco they’ve been around for hundreds of years and they always put out good products just like this car seat.
Germantown, MD
Until our trip to a different state where we had to use rental car with a rental car seat I didn’t realize how great our own car seat was. I simply took all its comforts for granted. If my baby falls asleep during the drive I simply change its position so that my baby can sleep comfortably. Highly recommend it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Knob Noster
5 months ago
Cynthia D. • 3 months ago
Hi. I say it is a fair size. I have a Nissan Sentra and it is placed in the middle section and there's still room for my 10 & 15 y/o niece to sit and buckle up in the back as well.
Lucasville, OH
a year ago
Migdaliz B. • 10 months ago
I have an SUV but I constantly change it to my husbands compact car and fits great and doesn’t take up so much space