Goya® Sofrito uploaded by Lisa O.

BY GOYA #44 in Marinades & Seasoning Mixes

This aromatic cooking base combines the bold flavors of tomato, onion, green peppers, cilantro and garlic, saving you valuable prep time in the kitchen. A heaping spoonful of Sofrito added to soups and stews is a classic first-step ingredient to authentic Latino cooking.

Buy on Walmart*
Leeishla J.
Mahanoy City, PA
I love Goya products BUT this has to be one of the biggest insults to sofrito anywhere! It is nasty, does not taste anything like sofrito! Mayyybeee if you have never had it before and taste it you might like it but for me that I am as Boricua as they come when you taste the REAL homemade stuff you would know how trash this product really is! AND it leaves weird little pellets in the food! Ugh just nasty! Make it yourself and freeze it!
Lisa O.
Kelowna, BC
I don't know how I have never used this before! I love this stuff! I made an amazing pork loin in the slow cooker and used this sofrito to start it. It was so good - the flavor is amazing and it's so handy to have on hand! You don't have to use the entire bottle and it gives you a very firm base for anything. I will be using this again!
Yari R.
New haven , CT
Here's a recipe you can start with. . . .

1 bunch Cilantro
1 bunch recao
1 head of garlic
3 large onions
1 lb. ajíes dulces
2 cubanese peppers or 2 large bell peppers
½ cup olives with pimientos
1 sm jar roasted red peppers
1 tbsp. cappers
2 tbsp. crushed oregano
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cheyenne pepper (optional)
1 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Prepare the ingredients - peel, wash, seed and coarsely chop, what needs to be and just dump it all in the blender or food processor, in batches. Dump in a bowl and mix well. Freeze in ice-cube trays, then dump in a double freezer bag. That's all!

* Note that thyme, rosemary, celery and tomato or tomato sauce are not a traditional ingredient in sofrito. Tomatoes might be called for in a recipe but are a separate ingredient. I always have canned Italian Style tomatoes to use in rice and beans.

You might not find all the ingredients, just use what you have, onions, garlic, and bell pepper are a must. Even though this recipe includes olives and capers I always add whole olives and capers to the dish.
As much as I love Goya products, this is a big no-no! I make my own fresh sofrito.
Pamela M.
Mobile, AL
I use a little of this in practically everything! Stews, soups, chili, pasta! It tastes concentrated so you only need a little bit. It also helps thicken up water-based stews. I love all Goya products but this is one of my favorites!
Tiffany W.
Bronx, NY
I love to add sofrito to rice, beans and chicken. Its a nice flavor but it can be a bit salty if you use too much. I'm sure homemade sofrito tastes much better but until I get a good recipe, this jar will hold me down :)
lis C.
Worcester, MA
My meats are not well done prepared if this is not in my table I love the taste the meat takes with it when you add to the means and when I mix the rice either with vegetables
Nerissa G.
Apopka, FL
I love all of the Goya brand products. This is good for a seasoning for rice, beans and soups or stews. I prefer to make it myself but when theres no time for that this is always a great option.
Maria R.
E Bernstadt, KY
I used to make my rice with this and it always turned out delicious...but since moving to KY I haven't been able to find it. I miss the convenience and taste of Goya!
Julie T.
Bronx, NY
The best tasting rice you ever had. If you want your rice to taste awesome , use sofrito. Once you start using this, you'll never go back to making rice the same way again
Tiarra J.
Orange Park, FL
12oz of Sofrito tomato cooking base yields 68 delicious servings
Great for rice, beans, soups and more
Cooking base saves you valuable meal prep time
Nicole D.
Does it taste like homemade sofrito?