BY GOYA

Goya Red Cooking Wine

Ingredients: Wine, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Potassium Metabisulfite (Preservative).

• Ive only known Goya for their beans and canned food, how ...2 Answers
  • Whats your best meal you cook using the cooking wine3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Marlena S.
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
Rule of thumb: Never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink. That said, all labeled "cooking wines" are terrible. They're either overly sweet from the added sugar or somewhat salty due to the added sodium. This one is overly sweet which means it will totally compromise the taste of your dish. You'd be better off just buying a decent $10 bottle of wine to cook with that way you can drink it when you're finished.
Cassie H.
Charlotte, NC
I've used this to make dishes like beef stew and pork ragu. Every time I've used it the food comes out tasting great, so if you don't keep red wine around the house for drinking, this is a good product to have to add something special to your dishes. I think it works best with dark meat vs poultry.
Mirakol S.
Austin, TX
I don't recommend ever using a cooking wine. They're often laden with sodium, sugar and a ton of other ingredients you don't need in your meal. General rule of thumb: if you won't drink it, don't cook with it. Pick up a dry white or red you'd like to sip while cooking. It makes a a world of a difference!
Cassie D.
Vail, AZ
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
I did not like this at all. I once picked this up because I had a recipe that called for cooking wine. However, it just ended up tasting sweeter than it needed to. Since then, I will buy real wine to cook with. A dry red or white wine will do a much better, and your recipe will turn out great!!
Alba F.
Centreville, VA
Ok I really like this to add to my food. It gives it that extra flavor I use it on my chicken when I'm about to cook it I leave it with this for a few minutes to take the smell of it. Don't use a lot of it just a little don't go crazy. The only think that bothers me is that it give my food a red color and that's why I only use a hint of it.
Hillary S.
If you're going to cook with a wine, than cook with a wine you'd drink. This leaves food tasting just a little off. Wouldn't recommend.
Diana S.
Long Beach , Ca
It gave my food a dark red blackish color! It looked like I burned my food! I used it on chicken and didn't look healthy or eatable
Sarah B.
N Bellmore, NY
I go through this stuff like it is water. I love cooking with wine and it's better that I can't really drink it... JK LOL.
Anne T.
I like cooking with wine, it adds more flavors to my dishes. Its easy to use and like how there is only 12% of alcohol.
Mary N.
Windsor, CA
This cooking wine is okay to use. It's does bring some flavor to my cooking. I would continue using it when in need.
Yolanda D.
Whats your best meal you cook using the cooking wine
Juliana T.
Ive only known Goya for their beans and canned food, how is their wine?