BY GOPRO #7 in Camera Accessories

The hero 3 skeleton housing from gopro protects your expensive camera from dust and dirt. It comes with a skeleton housing, skeleton backdoor, a quick-release buckle and a long thumbscrew. This camera housing skeleton has open slots on the sides for plugging in cooling, charging or live-feed video cables. Its compatible with hero 3 cameras only. â this camera guard is scratch resistant and flexible. No batteries required. see more...

GoPro Skeleton Housing
  • "I highly recommend getting the case for your GoPro, especially if you are going to be using it outdoors or near any water." in 1 review
  • "This case is really good for gopros it protest it if it falls while you're using it." in 1 review
Kelly Y.
Kailua, HI
This is a great everyday case for your GoPro! I love the different back options that you have with it. I got mine at Best Buy and have had no issues since I got it over 2 years ago. I don't ever leave home with my GoPro without this protecting my investment!
Rachel S.
Craigsville, WV
These are a must-have for a GoPro if toy plan on any sort of adventuring with it! This thing is STURDY. I cannot emphasize that enough. I have put mine through anything and everything you can imagine and it is still going strong. The best part is that it is 100% waterproof!!
Natalie A.
This actually broke on me when I was trying to change the backdoor housing once recently. I spent hours trying to put it back together, and I finally did, but man that was a lot of work! Wish it was a little more durable when it comes to those things. However, this is highly recommended to protect your GoPro, especially if you plan on using it during water-related activities (it's waterproof) and during adventurous activities like skydiving or bungee jumping. To check if there are any defects in the waterproof aspect, just submerge the casing alone into water and watch for bubbles. If no bubbles arise, you're good to go! But this is definitely a necessity if you have a GoPro.
Leo C.
California
I don't think people realize that this is the skeleton case. The purpose of the skeleton case is not to protect it, the stock case is actually much better for that. The skeleton case is not waterproof. The purpose of this case is a) to give a lighter weight option to those people who need protection but are willing to sacrifice waterproofing for lighter weight and b) give people easy access to all the ports.

Does its job well. Might want to consider this if you're hooking up your GoPro to a quadcopter or have a weight sensitive application.
Sarah K.
Huntington , WV
Highly recommend getting this case as soon as you get a GoPro, its really worth the extra bit of money. It protects the camera from dirt/water/pretty much everything. also if something happens and it breaks, GoPro is super helpful with trying to get it replaced and get you a new one.
Chelsea B.
N Ft Myers, FL
This is a definite yes as for recommending this product! My skeleton housing came with my go pro when I purchased it. Very simple and easy to use. Also very very reliable, going on 3 years of having mine and it works beautifully. Needs no improvements.
Haley F.
The casing is a recommended if you are going to have a GoPro. It is very reliable, and it is waterproof!! This case is very secure and allows no water to get to the camera! This case is great because it allows you to use your camera in many different ways!!
Linda T.
I highly recommend because this protects your go pro! Easy to take off and put on! Easy to clean and it's a must have essential when you have a go pro because this will save your go pro from water and breaking!
Kara C.
Definitely a must if you have the older version of the go pro and want to film footage under water. I purchased mine at Best Buy but these are common in most places Ike Walmart or target.
Krissie F.
New Bedford, MA
This works great when snowboarding and wake boarding. SO far I haven't had any issues with the housing concerning leaking or breaking. This is a must for anyone using a go pro for sports
Natalya M.
Vancouver, WA
This is water proof right?
Yaye B.
Cividate camuno
Techie Expert Level 1
I do not understand how this object works, can you explain clearly how it works?
Mariela A.
Potrero, CA
Techie Expert Level 2
Is this go pro camara any good?