BY GOPRO

GoPro's most powerful and easy-to-use camera yet, the Hero5 Black Action Camera takes GoPro's high performance video and image capture performance to a whole newevel. This advanced camera combines the ability to capture pro quality HD" see more...

Caroline B.
Caroline B.
Greenville, SC
I unfortunately my brand new Hero5 Go Pro was stolen while on a trip to Mexico.  However, for those five short days that I had my camera, I was obsessed.  This camera does it all in such a tiny screen.  The wide angle lens was amazing.  I took this into several cenotes and fresh water lagoons, diving about 8-10' deep.  The camera stayed secure on the GoPro handle the entire time.  I was able to upload a few photos over wifi via the Capture app, before the camera was stolen.  I highly recommend downloading this app while travelling so that you can keep your photos safe and secure.   The worst feeling was the realization that it was gone.   Hoping to purchase a new one soon.
Alisha B.
Alisha B.
I had the very first GoPro model, wow this is a complete upgrade from that! I traded in my old one online and got this one. It's waterproof, and has voice control!! I took it kayaking and it was so useful. All you have to say is "GoPro take a photo" and bam you have a hands free photo. Oh and did I mention it has a LCD screen on the back so you can actually see what you're taking a picture of?! So helpful. Awesome quality as well. Definitely recommend
Tara S.
Tara S.
Maryville, TN
Took my Go Pro HERO 5 Black on my honeymoon with me. Took it Parasailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing through the Atlantic and The Gulf of Mexico! Fantastic quality in and above water! Would recommend to everyone for video and photo!
Jesse W.
Jesse W.
Absolutely loveeee my GoPro I take it on every vacation! It's so easy to use, has so many great features, and the pic and video quality is amazing. The only thing I have a problem with is the voice command. It has a hard time picking up my voice a lot of the time, especially when out doors, and on the water.
Diana Z.
Diana Z.
Niles
Love this camera! first action camera I've owned, used it on the last 3 trips & the footage is amazing! Plus you get a lot of options on the touch screen to adjust settings. a little pricey bu worth the money.
Sunshine R.
Sunshine R.
Haven't got to use it yet bc you need to buy the mounts separate. After watching many reviews, we decided this one was best for us. The picture is nice and the sound qualityis better than the others. It doesn't take long for it to start recording once u hit the button, even from being powered off
Mila S.
Mila S.
Copperas Cove, TX
Can't wait to be able to use this on the next vacation for my husband and I!
juan m.
juan m.
Medley, FL
Sencillamente impresionante. La calidad de las imagenes es unica. Su precio es caro pero vale la pena la inversion
ibrahim k.
ibrahim k.

RECOMMENDS 2016GOPRO HERO5 BLACK AND HERO5 SESSION8/10LEARN HOW WE RATEWIREDBoth cameras are waterproof without cases. Excellent touchscreen on the Hero5 Black, finally. Voice controls are neat. Best in class image at the resolution you'll use most. Hero5 Session is much improved.TIREDGPS doesn't do much yet. Recording indicator on the Hero5 Black is too dim. Cameras are not as sharp in 4K.BUY IT NOW  |  GOPROHowever, in recent months GoPro‘s latest flagship camera (the Hero4 Black) has been usurped by the likes of the high-end Garmin Virb Ultra 30 and the solid yet affordable Yi 4K Action Camera.Now GoPro has answered its challengers with two new cameras, the Hero5 Black and the diminutive Hero5 Session. These new shooters update the capabilities found to the older GoPro models, and they add new features—like voice control and built-in GPS—that the contenders introduced in their new models. After testing the new GoPro cameras alongside their older versions and the latest cameras from the competition, I can tell you that GoPro has done just enough work to recapture the throne it very briefly lost.
Back in BlackThe Hero5 Black has the same rectangular shape as its predecessors, but there are some big physical changes. It’s now waterproof to 33 feet without a case—it took a pounding in six-foot waves on my surfboard, and it also made it through some cliff jumping, all with no leakage whatsoever. The now-watertight port covers are a bit harder to open, but that’s a small tradeoff.
Another change: the touchscreen. In the last generation of GoPros, the high-end Hero4 Black was the most capable camera in the line, but it was missing a touchscreen. The mid-tier Hero4 Silver, however, did have a touchscreen. GoPro has corrected this oversight and given its top-of-the-line camera a really nice touchscreen. The 2-inch diagonal panel is big and responsive, and the menu system is easy to understand. Make sure you remember to lock the screen before you take it in the water, though, as water drops can cause accidental settings changes.
Talk to MeThis is the first GoPro to offer voice controls, a really slick feature Garmin built into its recent Virb Ultra 30 action cam. The GoPro understands far more commands than the Virb, though, and you can talk to it in seven languages. It certainly isn’t perfect—ambient noise like rushing wind confuses it, and I ended up with some footage of me biking downhill yelling, “GoPro stop recording! GoPro Stop Recording! GOPRO STOP RECORDING!!” It’s still very nice to have another way to work your camera, but you can’t rely on it 100 percent. (GoPro will soon be launching a tiny remote control with a mic that clips to your collar that should improve audio pickup.)
Heightened AwarenessImage quality is excellent. At 1080p and 2.7k, the image is much sharper than the Garmin, but the edge goes to Garmin when shooting at 4K. Personally, I give 1080p performance more weight because that’s what I shoot 90 percent of the time, but if you know you want to be shooting a lot of 4K, that’s a compelling case for the Virb. The GoPro’s audio is much better that the Virb, though, especially since you don’t need to put it inside a waterproof case in wet conditions. If it takes a dunk, the mics eject water extremely quickly.
This is the first GoPro that has built-in GPS, but all the GPS can do is geotag the photos you take. You don’t get any fancy overlays on your video that show your speed or elevation, though GoPro says its working on a software update. It’s a shame they missed it for the launch, since other cameras offer this.
Gone is the button of the front of the GoPro, a staple since the first generations. Now there’s just a side button for toggling power and modes, and a button on top to start and stop recording. But fret not! Pressing both buttons together still lets you change all the granular stuff while just looking at the small LCD screen on the front of the camera. It’s nice to have that option for when you’re surfing or snorkeling and can’t use the touchscreen. Also, GoPro replaced its bright LED recording indicator lights with teeny little dinky ones. It’s almost impossible to tell if you’re rolling or not when you’re looking at the camera in bright light. Big miss.
The battery has been slightly upgraded from 1160mAh to 1220mAh, which you’ll want if you have GPS and voice control turned on. This does, however, mean your old batteries won’t work with the new camera. I did a standard rundown test at 1080p and 30 fps (no GPS, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth) and recorded one hour and 56 minutes of video. That’s a definite improvement over the Hero4 Black’s one hour and 37 minutes, but it’s still behind Sony’s action cams which exceeded two hours. The Hero5 Black now uses USB-C for charging and data transfer, which worked nicely and quickly. When it’s charging it can auto-upload your videos to your GoPro Plus cloud account, GoPro’s new subscription service (more on that later).
Other en
Ab D.
Ab D.
HELLO my name is Abdelmoughit Mzouly i live in morroco and im a big fan of go pro sport cam série because they are the best in business . i haad an go pro hero but unfortunately it was stolen from me when i was in a trip  so if you can send me one of theis new one so i can review it and promote it in my youtube channel it would be great
i hope you can answer me as soon as possible !
my gmail : mzouly70@gmail.com
Mrs. K. S.
Mrs. K. S.
I have the Hero4 and I absolutely love it but I'm looking to upgrade to this new model. Can anyone tell me how the two compare? I'm mainly attracted to the voice control and the lack of housing needed on the Hero5 model which are not present on the Hero4.