BY GOOGLE

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Start your review of Google Nexus 7 Tablet!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "ok yall if your looking for an inexpensive tablet that has lots of great features then this is your one and only my nexus 7 goes everywhere with me it holds my schedule all my contacts just as normal but it also has lots of room for apps it also does great with a sketchbook app i have designed a lot of garments on this tablet its has a long battery life as long as you are not using a live wallpaper hold all my music an\bout 2g picks and i cna upload to my google drive from it the downside is that google does not have a phone app i can download and use it with my myfi i have to download a secondary app and also no back camera n mine but its an older model and im ok with that still able to take cat pics" in 31 reviews
  • "It's the perfect size for me to fit anywhere (in my backpack, in my purse, in a tote bag, in the side pocket of my duffel bag, etc)." in 15 reviews
  • "The Nexus 7 was much cheaper than the iPad mini and the Kindle Fire, but it seemed to be comparable, and even better than those two in some of its features." in 14 reviews
  • "It has some really good features, the touch screen works very well, and it holds a charge better than most other tablets." in 12 reviews
  • "It is pretty good my nephew has one it is very different from the ipad but it a good product you can play games and watch videos and go on various apps." in 11 reviews
Johnston, RI
I'm all about Google products. This tablet is amazing works quickly stores tons and it doesn't cost a bunch of $ like another brand that is named after a fruit...just saying
Gilbert, AZ
We bought this tablet as a present for our 4 year old daughter (she loves to watch YouTube Kids). Despite all of the wear and tear that a small child puts on things, this tablet has stood up to the test. She has had it now for about 6 months and it's still working which is more than I can say for other tablets that we have bought for her. Highly recommend (for children and adults).
Las Vegas, NV
Loved my Nexus tablet. The size is perfect for travel and everyday use. If they still made them I'd have one right now. I loved the ease of use and the control over what apps I could put on it didn't come loaded with a bunch of useless stuff.
Westbury , NY
Techie Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Target
I like this tablet! Very small and easy to handle. You can bring this on the go and watch movies and play games when you have wifi! Love the features on it as well
Potterville, MI
I have had my nexus for almost five years now and I go to tell you even though its on the smaller side, it works great. I push the internet to its fullest potential and push my processor to do as much as it can with more apps running. It doesn't slow down whatsoever. I have never had a problem with lag, or even a problem with the screen. This is a great tablet and sturdy as well as I toss mine everywhere. The camera isn't the best but it takes really clear pics. The price is a great price for what your getting. Some tabs have problem area's but the nexus is an all around great tablet.
I bought this tablet on Amazon after searching for a new tablet for my mom after her other one was stolen (It was refurbished). To start, the touchscreen responds well with certain apps (Sometimes it freezes when playing some games). The camera is not impressive (There's only one), but if you don't care about that, it's okay. Depending on what apps you use, the batteries last a few hours (Google Chrome browser drains it fast, so use it sparingly).

Video play is decent, but the sound quality is kinda low. If you decide to purchase this, you might want to buy some speakers or use some earphones/headphones. The display itself is vibrant and appeals to the eyes. Try not to overwhelm it by using too many apps at the same time, it will restart/reboot itself.

Will I buy it again? Well, actually I have, I bought one for myself and use it for drawing and gaming purposes. It's a good tablet for the price that I've bought it (The first one was $109 and the second was $45).
Ponca City, Ok
I've had my Nexus 7 for about five months now and to be honest I do not think I could let it go at this point. For the price it's absolutely AMAZING. I also own a $699 new Ipad and since I got the Nexus 7, I haven't touched the Ipad. The Nexus 7 tab has so many features, I'm still finding new ones to thrill me.

Pros:
SIZE MATTERS: It's the perfect size to carry with you, fits easily in the hand and is nice and slim
BUILD QUALITY: The tab is sturdy and well built, no cheap plastics or screen gaps, glass screen is what sold me on it. Have used this day in and out for months and still looks like it just came out of the box.
SCREEN QUALITY: Not as good as the IPAD, but pretty darn close. Graphics are clear and crisp, nice bright colors and smooth video playback.
ANDROID: Need I say more? Have yet to have an app which doesn't work on this,easily personalized in so many ways.
Never had a problem with lag during gameplay as of yet, even in RPGs which is a miracle.

Cons:
HEFTY: for such a small profile tab, the weight is pretty decent, can be a bit tough on the wrists after awhile.
SCREEN SENSITIVITY: The touch screen is EXTREMELY sensitive. Can be annoying when scrolling online or in apps, easy to accidentally click links and buttons.
SPEAKERS and SOUND: I'll be honest. It's CRAP. Better than other android tabs I've had but still needs some work on volume and clarity. If you like loud music in your ear buds, don't even bother.
PLAY STORE SELECTION: Great for apps and games but for movies, music, and ebooks the selection is quite limited compared to Amazon.

Fairborn, OH
Techie Expert Level 2
I've had this tablet for a couple of years and I used to use it quite often but not so much anymore. It's good for playing games and watching movies but sometimes it can be kind of slow. It's very affordable.
Columbus, OH
Techie Expert Level 4
I hate to be that person but I did NOT have a good experience with my google nexus 7.

I had owned my Nexus 7 for about 6 months. I had it in a case at all times and am VERY careful with my electronics. I have never broken a phone, or my current iPad which I have had for several years. Anyway I had the nexus 7 in my purse. It had been in my purse all day and I had used it earlier that morning. I go to pull it out and it has a slight crack at the bottom.

How the heck it got the crack, I don't know. But since the crack was at the bottom I could no longer use the keyboard. Anytime I tried to type anything the letters would go crazy.

I googled issues with the nexus 7 and apparently the way they are assembled it is a KNOWN ISSUE for them to crack. Many other people had experienced the same issue as well.

If you are interested in buying this product I would definitely say do your research first. I ended up getting an iPad mini and have never looked back.
Shawnee, OK
Techie Expert Level 2
At first, I was really excited and really loved the Nexus 7. But then it was all downhill. I'll clarify that I had the Google Nexus 7 (2012) - which uses Asus parts, all that good stuff NOT the 2013. I had the 16gb, and it was great. Everything ran smooth as far as social media, the camera was alright, and I loved using it for music. And then about a year after having it, there was an update for Android 5.0. Android 5.0 and above does not mix well with the 2012 version of the Nexus 7. What was worse is that this tablet is prone to catching fire. It overheats and will burn itself from the inside out. Luckily, mine didn't seriously injure me. Given the advances in technology, I no longer recommend the Nexus 7 (2012) and I recommend that those who have it upgrade if possible. If you notice any dead pixels on your screen (they turn white) or if your Nexus 7 gets hot fast, is overly hot when it heats up, contact Google and have them put you in touch with Asus. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed that this tablet only lasted a year and is a serious danger, but it isn't necessarily the worst tablet on the market - it just can't be used for much or for prolonged periods.
Durango , CO
I want to check this out but was wondering where the best priced Nexus 7 tablet can be found? Any tips?
Iowa City, IA
Which is better --Google Nexus 7 or IPad 2?
Quakertown, PA
Gamestop has this, should i get it there?
North Bergen, NJ

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email