BY GOOGLE #13 in Tablets

• How does the nexus compare to the iPad?3 Answers
  • Exactly how long do these last?2 Answers
  • I am an Apple lover- how does this stack up? Why should I switch?5 Answers
Google Nexus 7 Tablet
  • "ok yall if your looking for an inexpensive tablet that has lots of great features then this is your one and only my nexus 7 goes everywhere with me it holds my schedule all my contacts just as normal but it also has lots of room for apps it also does great with a sketchbook app i have designed a lot of garments on this tablet its has a long battery life as long as you are not using a live wallpaper hold all my music an\bout 2g picks and i cna upload to my google drive from it the downside is that google does not have a phone app i can download and use it with my myfi i have to download a secondary app and also no back camera n mine but its an older model and im ok with that still able to take cat pics" in 31 reviews
  • "It's the perfect size for me to fit anywhere (in my backpack, in my purse, in a tote bag, in the side pocket of my duffel bag, etc)." in 15 reviews
  • "The Nexus 7 was much cheaper than the iPad mini and the Kindle Fire, but it seemed to be comparable, and even better than those two in some of its features." in 14 reviews
  • "It has some really good features, the touch screen works very well, and it holds a charge better than most other tablets." in 12 reviews
  • "It is pretty good my nephew has one it is very different from the ipad but it a good product you can play games and watch videos and go on various apps." in 11 reviews
Melissa M.
Aguilar, CO
I really like this tablet it's the perfect diE for me I paint so I like to watch painting tutorials online and the screen is a good size I got it as a gift in f I would have bought it maybe would have opted for a bigger screen but it serves it's purpose
Angela R.
Potterville, MI
I have had my nexus for almost five years now and I go to tell you even though its on the smaller side, it works great. I push the internet to its fullest potential and push my processor to do as much as it can with more apps running. It doesn't slow down whatsoever. I have never had a problem with lag, or even a problem with the screen. This is a great tablet and sturdy as well as I toss mine everywhere. The camera isn't the best but it takes really clear pics. The price is a great price for what your getting. Some tabs have problem area's but the nexus is an all around great tablet.
Tyeshanae J.
I bought this tablet on Amazon after searching for a new tablet for my mom after her other one was stolen (It was refurbished). To start, the touchscreen responds well with certain apps (Sometimes it freezes when playing some games). The camera is not impressive (There's only one), but if you don't care about that, it's okay. Depending on what apps you use, the batteries last a few hours (Google Chrome browser drains it fast, so use it sparingly).

Video play is decent, but the sound quality is kinda low. If you decide to purchase this, you might want to buy some speakers or use some earphones/headphones. The display itself is vibrant and appeals to the eyes. Try not to overwhelm it by using too many apps at the same time, it will restart/reboot itself.

Will I buy it again? Well, actually I have, I bought one for myself and use it for drawing and gaming purposes. It's a good tablet for the price that I've bought it (The first one was $109 and the second was $45).
Cena B.
Ponca City, Ok
I've had my Nexus 7 for about five months now and to be honest I do not think I could let it go at this point. For the price it's absolutely AMAZING. I also own a $699 new Ipad and since I got the Nexus 7, I haven't touched the Ipad. The Nexus 7 tab has so many features, I'm still finding new ones to thrill me.

Pros:
SIZE MATTERS: It's the perfect size to carry with you, fits easily in the hand and is nice and slim
BUILD QUALITY: The tab is sturdy and well built, no cheap plastics or screen gaps, glass screen is what sold me on it. Have used this day in and out for months and still looks like it just came out of the box.
SCREEN QUALITY: Not as good as the IPAD, but pretty darn close. Graphics are clear and crisp, nice bright colors and smooth video playback.
ANDROID: Need I say more? Have yet to have an app which doesn't work on this,easily personalized in so many ways.
Never had a problem with lag during gameplay as of yet, even in RPGs which is a miracle.

Cons:
HEFTY: for such a small profile tab, the weight is pretty decent, can be a bit tough on the wrists after awhile.
SCREEN SENSITIVITY: The touch screen is EXTREMELY sensitive. Can be annoying when scrolling online or in apps, easy to accidentally click links and buttons.
SPEAKERS and SOUND: I'll be honest. It's CRAP. Better than other android tabs I've had but still needs some work on volume and clarity. If you like loud music in your ear buds, don't even bother.
PLAY STORE SELECTION: Great for apps and games but for movies, music, and ebooks the selection is quite limited compared to Amazon.

Kilee S.
Xenia, OH
I've had this tablet for a couple of years and I used to use it quite often but not so much anymore. It's good for playing games and watching movies but sometimes it can be kind of slow. It's very affordable.
Erika T.
Lewis Center, OH
Techie Expert Level 4
I hate to be that person but I did NOT have a good experience with my google nexus 7.

I had owned my Nexus 7 for about 6 months. I had it in a case at all times and am VERY careful with my electronics. I have never broken a phone, or my current iPad which I have had for several years. Anyway I had the nexus 7 in my purse. It had been in my purse all day and I had used it earlier that morning. I go to pull it out and it has a slight crack at the bottom.

How the heck it got the crack, I don't know. But since the crack was at the bottom I could no longer use the keyboard. Anytime I tried to type anything the letters would go crazy.

I googled issues with the nexus 7 and apparently the way they are assembled it is a KNOWN ISSUE for them to crack. Many other people had experienced the same issue as well.

If you are interested in buying this product I would definitely say do your research first. I ended up getting an iPad mini and have never looked back.
Bridgette J.
Shawnee, OK
At first, I was really excited and really loved the Nexus 7. But then it was all downhill. I'll clarify that I had the Google Nexus 7 (2012) - which uses Asus parts, all that good stuff NOT the 2013. I had the 16gb, and it was great. Everything ran smooth as far as social media, the camera was alright, and I loved using it for music. And then about a year after having it, there was an update for Android 5.0. Android 5.0 and above does not mix well with the 2012 version of the Nexus 7. What was worse is that this tablet is prone to catching fire. It overheats and will burn itself from the inside out. Luckily, mine didn't seriously injure me. Given the advances in technology, I no longer recommend the Nexus 7 (2012) and I recommend that those who have it upgrade if possible. If you notice any dead pixels on your screen (they turn white) or if your Nexus 7 gets hot fast, is overly hot when it heats up, contact Google and have them put you in touch with Asus. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed that this tablet only lasted a year and is a serious danger, but it isn't necessarily the worst tablet on the market - it just can't be used for much or for prolonged periods.
Maura K.
Albuquerque, NM
I own an iPad and iPhone not out of Apple brand loyalty, but because among the devices in their categories, iThings provided the best user experience for me.

I bought a Nexus 7 because I was interested in the smaller tablet size but not ready to take a step backward from my iPad 3's performance in order to adopt an iPad mini. The fact that the Nexus has a lower starting price (as well as having saved some reward money from the retailer where I purchased) was also enticing.

It was good to see some of my most-used apps represented in the marketplace, though frustrating to find them so frequently at a markup: for example, iTap RDP for apple devices is a universal app that I can use on my iPhone or iPad and currently sells for $11.99, the same app for Android is $14.99.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tablet, it's screen is gorgeous, it is responsive and seems never to have an issue completing any task I set out to do with it, and yet... I still reach for my iPad more often than not, and it seems to have simply reinforced that what I want is an iPad mini that isn't a step down. That's all subjective, though. I would not hesitate to recommend the Nexus 7 to any of my friends looking for a tablet. It's far and away better than any of the other devices of it's size that I'd tried out prior to the iPad mini's launch.
Rosalyn D.
Kokomo, IN
I wasn't looking for a tablet to replace my laptop but did want one to handle taking notes at meeting or entertain me while I was traveling. After getting a hard sale for a way more expensive tablet that he wasn't sure could handle the main reason I wanted it--to read research articles--I left empty handed and did some more research. The screen is the right size for what I need to do and it's fast enough to speed through what I need. I stumbled on the 2013 model at Walmart with the 32G hard drive that was half the price of the maybe machine and I grabbed it. It looks like a thin novel and now that I have it in a protective case it powers down in nanoseconds when the cover is closed. I love it especially after the latest updates.
Tyler J.
Colorado Spgs, CO
My husband bought this for me because our Nook was starting to kick the bucket. It is very light, but does not feel cheap. The screen is bright.

I enjoy the Android system because I already use it on my phone, so it did not take any getting used to. If you have never used Android before, it may take some getting used to. However, I had found that certain apps tend to crash more frequently on the tablet. But I've also noticed an increase of crashes on my phone as well. This may be a problem with the current version of Android and not the tablet itself. Besides from that, it is pretty fast and responsive to the touch. The system does not lag behind the touch of the user.

I've also used this tablet to do reading of . pdfs for my college courses. It is bright enough to easily read, but not too bright too hurt your eyes. It's also small and light enough enough to fit in my purse to carry easily to my classes so I can have it with me during class discussion. The lightness makes it easier to read it for prolonged times.
Alexandra O.
Ignacio, CO
I want to check this out but was wondering where the best priced Nexus 7 tablet can be found? Any tips?
Cara L.
Iowa City, IA
Which is better --Google Nexus 7 or IPad 2?
Lindsey H.
Beaufort, SC
What's the best feature of the Nexus 7?
Robbie S.
Quakertown, PA
Gamestop has this, should i get it there?
Andrea G.