Google Docs uploaded by Chelsie H.

BY GOOGLE #34 in Apps

Create, edit and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can: - Create new documents or edit any that you have started on the web or another device - Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time - Get stuff done at any time – even without an Internet connection - Add and respond to comments - Never worry about losing your work – everything is automatically saved as you type - Protect your documents with a 4-digit passcode

• what's he best thing to use google docs for?8 Answers
  • Does your google docs app track spelling errors because mine doesn'...3 Answers
  • What do you feel is the most useful feature of Google Docs? 16 Answers
Christy W.
Christy W.
Lansing, IL
Google docs....I learned about it in a homeschool group meeting. The instructor brought to our attention how we can create, share for others to either view or view and edit! And save of course, save the finished product. Because its Google, its connected to ALL of your Google stuff (which is really awesome) . This makes it easy to create and share documents from your favorite tablet and even FROM YOUR PHONE! Its also great for the business person that needs to share documents with fellow co workers. They can work together on a project without even emailing! All of the tools are super easy to use and fun too! One of my other favorite parts of Google docs, is that it saves every second! I'm not kidding! Its like a saving machine! So if you suddenly have to stop working on a doc, or if your tablet or phone dies in the middle, you can be confident in knowing that your work, from the last second was saved! Its an app that I'm glad is available and I can't wait to see how others use it!
Chelsie H.
Chelsie H.
This has been a life-changer for college. It makes collaborating and working on group projects SO much easier. You have one spot that you all are using, and you can see an up-to-date account of work that's been done. You can also track the changes that have been made. I love it because you can actually see the work group members are doing, rather than them saying they've "been working on it" and you don't know how much or what they've been doing. You also can add comments to the document and send messages to all those invited to view and edit the doc. There is also an app for this that is helpful if you want to quickly review of check on something. You can also edit on the app, but it is MUCH easier to do on a computer. Overall, I LOVE Google docs and think it's a fabulous creation.
Chris C.
Chris C.
West Milford, NJ
I used to use MS Word, but switched entirely over to Google Docs about a year ago. i love that I can collaborate with other people and that I can access my documents from any computer, anywhere. I use it to share information with my teenage kids and then can let me know when they accessed it and add notes as well.
The only issue that I have had is when my daughter emails a request to print a file for her. For some reason, even though she gives me permission, I need to request it again each time.
I love all of the Drive options and will continue to use them.
Nehemie A.
Nehemie A.
In my opinion I found this easy to use .why? Well it could be download on cell phone,tablet and such. I use this all the time for when I have school work and it free. I mean come on. Like seriously. So it pretty much best the both world right now. If you did not finish typing up snow work. Pop that cell phone right out. Google documents right that. Use it. Now the only thing that bugs me is that they should add more option when trying to do something creative with the type up piece. But although this is good. And easy for me.
Kim L.
Kim L.
Sugar Land, TX
I love that this product features so many useful things:
Every single copy you have ever saved is saved regardless of whether you have recently updated ur document
Multiple people at once can edit and there is a handy little "suggestions" tool so people can suggest but not directly edit.
Is free
The con is that it lacks a lot of the aesthetic features like word art and clip art and text box/shapes that word has. It also has a less powerful tables tool that doesn't really allow you to move around the page much.
Leonae M.
Leonae M.
Charlotte, NC
I love google docs. I totally stopped using Microsoft for google docs. I love how it automatically saves and you do not have to download it to your computer or pay for anything. I also like how it's connected to you email so if u was logged on to your google account you can just go to docs instead of logging in again I really like google docs and I would recommend it to everyone . It's not hard it's not complex it's very simple and easy and everyone young or old can use it
Tori S.
Tori S.
Minneapolis, MN
Google docs is great for group projects or in college! I personally like using google docs to write papers because if my computer crashes or battery dies, my document is already saved and I never have to worry about losing a whole paper because I forgot to click save. It's also wonderful for group projects because several people can be working on one document from different devices. Each person could edit a different part of the document at the same time.
Prashanti C.
Prashanti C.
Iselin, NJ
Google docs is a great way to create certain documents and have them stored in one place. It's also very beneficial because it saves your work instantaneously, so if you're computer shuts down, your work is still saved. You can also share your documents with others and multiple people can edit the same document at the same time, which is useful for group projects/papers. My only dislike is that it doesn't have as many features as microsoft word has.
Natalia C.
Natalia C.
Anaheim, CA
I am absolutely in love with google docs! My computer sometimes doesn't let me use Microsoft word well so I use google docs instead and I can access docs everywhere: on my computer on my phone, anywhere where I can access my gmail. It's great for typing my school essays and I don't have to worry about saving on a flash drive. It's all in my gmail. Super reliable :) people should use docs for everything!
Mallory C.
Mallory C.
Brandon, MS
I adore google docs. I used it for my senior capstone project in college. It was a life changer for a semester long group project. It is so nice being able to work in the same document with other people without the need to be sitting together in the same space. I like how each person has a color and can be distinguish in the doc so you know who is working on what and the changes each person has made.
Carina  E.
Carina E.
Fort Collins, CO
What do you feel is the most useful feature of Google Docs?
Laura C.
Laura C.
what's he best thing to use google docs for?
Skylar S.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Techie Expert
How long have you been using Google Docs?
Shakis D.
Shakis D.
Does your google docs app track spelling errors because mine doesn't on my iPad. Am I the only one?