The Spin Pin does the work of 20 bobby pins! Easily achieve chic updo styles; simply twirl your hair up and spin the Spin Pins in for a perfect top knot, undone bun and side bun! Steps: 1. Gather your hair at the nape of your neck (no ponytail holder needed) 2. Twist your hair into a tight bun and tuck in the ends 3. Spin one pin in from the top and the other from the base, taking care not to interlock pins.

Do these work well with thick curly hair?
Do these work on fine or thin hair?
Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin I stay stabbing and pulling my hair with these my hair is just to thin won’t hold in these
Start your review of Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin!
Product Highlights
“I have never bought these by this brand or by walmart, but I have used the spin pin and they work so much better than bobby pins!” in 221 reviews
“NOT THE BIGGEST FAN OF THESE... NEVER HELD MY HAIR TOO TIGHT AND DID WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO.. BTW I HAVE REALLY THICK HAIR SO MAYBE THAT''S MY ISSUE..” in 174 reviews
“...keep a bun up with nothing but these two spin pins and I have VERY thick, long hair.” in 81 reviews
“I have long, thick, Shakira curly hair and on humid days it can be impossible to do even that cute messy bun that you brats with average, straight hair can do.” in 58 reviews
“I have thin hair so I only need to use two, but I would imagine if you have very thick hair you would need three or four.” in 42 reviews
The easiest way to make a bun. You only need to use two of these and your hair will stay all day. They are easy to use, they twist into your bun. I've never had them fall out or become loose either!
Inverted Triangle / Brunette / Dry Scalp, Frizz / Normal, Straight, Fine
Arrington, TN
I purchased my spin pin for a beach vacay and now I wear it all the time! I use 2 to hold my fine hair in a perfect bun that lasts all day! I actually wore them on a run recently and my hair staid perfectly in place the whole time!
OblongAnti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Straight, Fine, Color Treated
Hollister, CA
So, I'm going to sort of review another product I received along with this. First I used the "Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream". I blow dried my hair about halfway dry and let the rest air dry. Then I put it up in a bun (Half up half down). I took it down 4 hours later and I had these awesome big no heat curls! Nice soft curls! That was a surprise! A nice one! I also like that these can actually hold my hair into place, because I have really long thick hair. I am going to buy another set so I can do the double bun so I can have curls on the bottom as well!!! This was one of my favorites!!! Ignore my wonderful picture "editing" My face was bad... lol
Dark Brown / Brittleness, Damage, Dandruff / Wavy, Thick
These are my go to styling pins. I have thick hair and they are able to hold my hair in a bun when I put them in. I love that I no longer have to use hair ties - my buns look a lot prettier! I would recommend to others.
Oval / Dark Brown / Damage, Frizz, Heat Protection / Dry, Wavy
N Providence, RI
I have long, thin hair, but a lot of it. I was getting sick & tired of just putting it up in a ponytail. I'm not crazy about the bun look and I'm not that great at braids. So what's a girl to do...? Well, I've had great success with doing a simple french twist using the Goody Simple Styles Modern Updo pin and keeping it in place with the Simple Styles Spin Pin. These items work wonders together!!! Even for someone like me, who's hair design 'challenged'. I simply twist, tuck & pin with the Modern Updo pin. After that, I tuck in any excess hair at the top & instead of using 15 bobby pins, I simply twist in the Simple Styles Spin Pin and, voila, I am good to go for the day. The french twist looks neat, clean and professional.
I tried these because i liked the concept of them but i will say they are a little hard on curly frizzy hair. I was able to get them in fine but getting them out was a bit difficult.
Inverted Triangle / Light Brown / Damage, Dryness, Frizz / Dry, Normal, Curly
Tupelo, MS
I was skeptical of these pins, since I have a massive amount of thick, wavy hair. I decided to test them on a night when I was going to a Beats Antique concert and would be dancing/hooping for multiple hours. I only tried the simple bun updo (the packaging has several varieties of bun to try with these pins), and twisted the pins in as per the instructions. The bun slackened up slightly after I twisted the pins in, but didn't fall down like I expected it to. The pins held my bun up for hours--I decided to take my hair down before the actual pins let up! Before I took the pins out, I noted that the bun had loosened slightly, but my hair was still up off of my neck. After passing the "dubstep-concert-night-out" test, I was confident that they'd last an entire day at my office job, which they did. These are awesome pins to have around!
Medium Brown / Dandruff, Frizz / Wavy, Thick
Quinton, AL
These are amazing! I forget that I am wearing them at times. They are so comfortable and they stay in place so well! I would have given a 5 star but they are a little pricey for me with it only coming with 2.
BrunetteOily
Oakhurst, CA
Since I have short hair, I used the pins on my daughter's long hair. Kira is NOT a fan of putting her hair up. She hates how the rubber band pulls and tugs on her hair. At first she really didn't want me to "play" with her hair... but once I got started she found that the spin pins didn't hurt her. They are so simple to use. Simply twist your hair up into a bun and spin the two Spin Pins in for a perfect undone bun, side bun or double bun! This was my first bun... so it's a bit sloppy, yet super cute. I sent the spin pins home with my friend to test out and she called me about 30 minutes later and raved about how easy the pins were to use. She said it completely eliminates the "rubber band headache"! Now all my friends want them! I think they would make a great stocking stuffer this year!
Medium Brown / Oily Scalp / Straight, Thick
Waynesburg, PA
I always saw these spin pins in the stores & I wanted to try them bc the box says they do the work of 20 bobby pins. Sometimes when I try to do bun styles I use at least 20 pins so that aspect is very appealing. I never believed it though & for the price of just 2 (big) or 3 (small) pins, I couldn't bring myself to buy them thinking it was too good to be true. I am SO glad that the voxbox included these so I could finally try them & see that they are as good as they say! I was so surprised! The first time I used them was with my hair straightened. I took a brisk walk with them in & a lot of my hair fell out of the bun. I wore them with straight hair again & made sure they were in tight & my hair stayed styled fine. I have thick curly hair & when I wear it curly they work just as well! It's so simple & stylish. I love these pins! I will be buying the set of 3 smaller ones as well.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
7 months ago
Philippines
a year ago
Kat J. • a year ago
Not at all, these are easy to twist into a bun and you can’t even feel them once they’re fully in. It’s much better than using a ton of bobby pins to keep thick hair from falling down!