BY GOODY

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

The GOODY® QUIKSTYLE™ Half Round brush works like a towel and brush in one. The super absorbent microfiber (and antimicrobial) removes 30% of water from wet hair to help speed your drying time! You can effortlessly detangle right out of the shower and continue using it while you blow dry and style! The unique Half-Round Shape is great for adding body to your blowout.

Michelle O.
Camp Wood, TX
This is the review I left on my blog.

After thoroughly towel drying my hair, I used my @goodyhair #quikstyle brush! Yup, the brush with the microfiber bristles. I have been wanting to try this brush and kept forgetting because I was in a hurry. Today, I made a point of using this brush so I could note everything about it, good and bad. As I've stated before, I have long, thick, curly hair. I wasn't sure how this brush was going to work. I attempted to run it through my DRY hair with disastrous results. It immediately tangled and pulled my hair. I know, I know....it's for WET hair. But I wanted to be fair and try the brush BOTH ways. Trust me, unless you have perfectly straight, smooth hair, don't try it on your hair dry. I had to ask for help getting the brush out of my hair. Anyway, after I towel dried my hair, I ran the #quikstyle through my hair. MUCH better! The bristles were a lot harder/firmer than my normal brush, which will take some getting used to. I noticed I had to brush one side of my hair a few strokes then the other side a few strokes to get the microfiber bristles to raise up again. When I brushed - say the left side of my hair - two or three strokes, all the microfiber bristles were smooshed down. I would move to the right side of my hair and brush "lifting" the microfiber, only to have it smooshed back down after two or three more strokes. This was a bit of a pain. As I mentioned early on, the main bristles are a lot firmer than my normal brush. My brush has a cushion base and slightly flexible bristles. The #quikstyle does not. It also pulled my hair quite a bit. I'm very tender-headed and it is probably just me. I also noticed I had quite a few strands of hair fall out. While this is normal, I seemed to have a little more than I normally do, as I felt the brush actually PULL some strands out. Because of how bad it tangled and pulled my hair while it was dry, I didn't chance blow drying my hair using this brush. I let it air dry. It did dry noticeably faster after using the brush. I have a slight concern though. I often use hair products like Moroccan oil, mousse, etc. I'm not sure how much will stay on my hair if I put the product in my hair then brush. I know- brush then use the product -duh! I've thought of that. But, I like to run the Moroccan oil through my hair right after I shower, then brush to help distribute the product. This brush is not for that.

Overall, for helping to dry your hair, the brush is great. It has almost too firm bristles (for me). The microfiber bristles lay flat too easily. My opinion is that they should have covered normal bristles with the microfiber ones to help keep this from happening. I like the brush and will continue to use it!
Donna C.
Fairbanks, AK
I decided to wait to review this until I'd had a while to use the brush. I got this brush in the Holiday Voxbox about 3 weeks ago.

It really does speed up drying time. I could tell because my scalp was still wet and my hair was dry. My scalp is the only place the brush can't really get well. I use a blow dryer and without too much heat which would damage my hair I let hair blow through the brush. That helps dry the brush too and the vents in the brush help wick the moisture away.

I have found I like to use this brush when I want to bring out my natural wave in my hair. When I use this brush I do not have to use a curling iron at all and I love that.

The brush feels really good in my hands and because of the grip I don't drop it all the times like I usually do with brushes. It does help detangle hair and works really great at getting the tangles I get on the back of my head after sleeping. It pulls out the tangles without pulling my hair. I like the color of the microfiber too and would like to see some with hot pink. It is really important to me how something looks. If I feel like it's ugly I usually don't use it as much. I put my favorite brush under the counter for now and have just been using this brush. I think I will have to get the flat brush too for when I want my hair straightened. I definitely think it is worth the money.
Ashley B.
Andover , MN
I was really sick of every single brush ripping my hair out. When I had my daughter, she also had very tangled up hair and I decide to go on a search for a good brush. I found this one and decided to give it a try , glad I did as it worked on our tangled , rather thin hair.
Amber B.
Raceland , LA
I was very excited to try this brush with such a unique concept and I was not disappointed. I was even more excited that the style I received was the HalfRound because I blow dry my hair with a round brush. This brush does NOT dry your hair nor was it intended to dry your hair. What it does is remove excess water to cut the time you have to wait for your hair to dry. I liked that if I didn't want to blow dry my hair after my shower, I could use this brush and have my hair dry before I went to sleep. Normally I would go to bed with my hair still wet. At first I did not like how it worked to blow dry my hair because when I used it did not give me the volume that a full round brush did. But I have figured out how to make it just has effective as full round brush. All I did was pull the brush further from my head - sorta of like holding your hair up a little. This worked very well and gave me the volume I got from a full round brush. It also did not leave my hair frizzy. The handle and bristles of the half round brush is very sturdy and well made. I also don't find this brush pulls out hair like other brushes have in the past. The microfiber bristles are also holding their shape but I have not washed the brush yet. I really like this brush and would recommend trying it. It is helpful in helping your hair dry faster then just towel drying. I do have to add that my hair is not extremely thick.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
I did NOT notice that my hair dried any faster than normal. As for the detangling claim on their website, FALSE! I am not tender-headed by any means, but OUCH! When noticing how bad it hurt to brush through my freshly washed hair, I changed to my normal comb. Once my hair was tangle-free I moved on to blow drying with the brush and was met with more trouble. The brush did not really glide through my hair and I therefore, could not style my hair from wet to dry with the brush. NOW - once my hair was dry the brush worked fine and would glide through my hair just fine. The only PRO I can mention is that it surprisingly did NOT leave my hair static-y…which was SHOCKING. ;)

All in all, I wouldn't purchase this product and will most likely not use it again. The process was bumpy and the outcome - my hair’s appearance - was any different than normal. It was straight and smooth, which luckily for me is normal.
Maritza M.
San Francisco, CA
This brush will not dry you hair but it does remove excess water. I wanted to reduce the time it takes to dry my hair as well as limit the exposure to the blow dryer. This does help but do not expect to have dry hair after using it. Your hair will still be wet. It is a nice size and glides easily through hair. My hair holds lots of moisture and takes so long to style so I am always happy to find a product that helps save me time. Once the micro-fiber sections become pressed down it is a simple matter to revive them with a comb or even your fingers. After using, just leave the brush out to air dry. It has some vents in the plastic portion and it will dry out in a reasonable amount of time.
Madeleine M.
I was actually thinking of buying this brush myself, so I was really happy to receive it in the Influenster Holiday Vox Box. After using it, I was really happy I didn't go out and buy it. The idea behind the brush is that it'll save you time due to little cloth "noodles" in between the bristles that are supposed to absorb excess water from your hair during styling. There are even little vents on the side of the brush to help airflow if you do decide to use a blow dryer. As far as styling with heat tools goes, I didn't use it for that, simply because this brush has an obnoxious cleaning process, and I use a lot of product in my hair while styling. Basically, this brush would get real nasty real fast. I did, however, just brush through my wet hair after my shower. The cloth in the brush didn't absorb that much water, which defeats the purpose of the brush. However, that wasn't the worst quality for me. The reason I would not recommend this brush is that the bristles lack flexibility. I found that the stiff bristles were really just painful on my scalp, and I heard a lot of hair breaking. I think this could be a cool concept, but only if the bristles were made way more flexible in order to protect the scalp and the hair shafts.
Sarah S.
After receiving this in my Vox Box I was extremely excited because I have seen this product in stores and I was curious about it. It has a quirky appearance with thick bristles. I have thicker hair and I usually allow it to air dry. I tried this product after my shower and was pleasantly surprised as to how it glided through my hair! It is safe to assume that this will not dry your hair, but help style it. It did help get rid of excess water and shorten the amount of time my hair usually air dries. I would not use this when my hair is dry because the bristles will make my hair frizzy and attract more static. Although, after I used it, my hair felt more voluminous. I was glad I was able to add volume to my hair without a blow dryer! I would recommend this product, but not to everyone because the product limits itself by only being usable on wet hair.
Nina S.
Caledonia , MI
I really wanted to like this brush but it's an epic failure for me. I have long, fine hair and after a wash it stays wet at the roots underneath so I was hoping the drying portion would help that.. I couldn't have been more wrong. The microfiber loops snatched up my hair and tangled around it. It did nothing to help dry my hair (maybe it would if you were using it with a blow drier), it's impossible to remove all of the hair it gathered.. The microfiber was the problem.. it just snatched up my hair and tangled it around. It did not remove 30% of the water from my hair, the fibers did get wet but it just seemed to re-wet the drier portions of my hair (the ends). I won't be using this brush again. If you have very short, straight hair this might be worth it but for me, definitely not using again.
Antoinette G.
San Antonio, TX
Ok, I waited a couple of weeks before leaving this review. I have long straight hair. It goes to my waist. Well, I washed and conditioned like usual, towel dried like normal, and then attempted to brush/dry my hair. The half round is what I was using, and it immediately tangled in my hair and created a HUGE tangle!! OMG! So, after using my other brush to get tangles out,I then used this one to brush with a dryer. I didn't honestly see a huge difference in the time it took to dry my hair. HOWEVER, I did use it on my 4yr olds long hair, and it neither tangled nor got stuck, and I believe it DID increase her drying time. So maybe its best for hair not as thick or as long as mine! On that note, I will recommend it if you have a shorter 'do or thinner hair, or want to use it on your children!
Michelle R.
Hagerstown, MD
I have extremely fine hair and although this product interests me I am afraid it will make my hair be fly away and loaded with static. Has anyone with fine hair tried it? Also can anyone tell me how you clean it? It seems like it would get dirty quickly.
Hong H.
Pomona, CA
Has anyone used this after a long time? If you have does it smell due to the water?
Elizabeth H.
Phoenix, AZ
Does your hair slide easily through this?
Gabriela R.
Is this brush good for thick hair?
Elizabeth A.
North Vancouver
Do you think my hair would get tangled in the bristles? That's the number one reason I don't comb my hair very often is because it always gets caught in the bristles and I usually have to cut it out with scissors....