Add a Photo

Reviews (1923)
Photos (9)
marley p.
marley p.
I shop at Goodwill any chance I can because of the low prices. I've been buying most of my clothes at Goodwill for four years now. I love that they hire people with disabilities and criminal records and people in situations of poverty. I also love where my money is going. The only thing I consider a con would be that Goodwill raised the prices of their clothing significantly because they realized thrift shopping was becoming trendy. While this is good in the aspect of higher amounts of money are going to their cause, Goodwill was originally supposed to be all low prices for people who really needed them and this change makes things harder on poor people. I now donate to the Salvation Army because I know that it's not just about money with that foundation, whereas with Goodwill, it has completely turned into that.
Brandy B.
Brandy B.
Las Vegas, NV
Jan. 20, 2017, 12:12 p.m.
Review for: Goodwill
A big problem I have with Goodwill is that every time I go in and they're doing their weekly sale (75% off blue tags, 50% off orange tags, etc.), I witness employees searching the racks for items with these color tags and taking them and stashing them in the back. One time when I was here, maybe a little less than a year ago, I found an adorable baby girl Burberry-look-alike jacket that I just HAD to have. When I went to grab it, an employee took it from my hands, and told me it was no longer for sale. She then placed it into a cart full of other blue-tagged items and wheeled it into the back without saying another word to me.

I get that Goodwill has to make money, but com'on... you get your items FOR FREE! The least you can do is have genuine, honest selling practices.
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
Riverview, FL
This company is greedy. They claim to help veterans yet actually refuse to pay wounded veterans anything above minimum wage while other people can get raises.
I had a friend who managed a Goodwill who admitted this to me, along with the fact that the employees take your donations home for free if they want.
Of course this is not endorsed by the company but she said that even when someone was called out for doing it, the actual corporate doesn't even respond to the allegations and ignores the fact that anything happened.
Donate your clothes to a women's shelter, a home for homeless veterans, or at-risk-youth!
Plus, their CEO makes MILLIONS! They are NOT NON PROFIT!!!
Cassie K.
Cassie K.
I think Goodwill has done a great job in the last few years with their marketing, and really getting their name out there. I don't know much about the inner workings of the organization, but I know a lot of people who shop there. When i was trying to find vintage items for my wedding, I picked up a few things at Goodwill for insanely cheaper than it would have been brand new. My husband and I have been cleaning out his parents house and have already donated 5 truck loads of items. We don't do the tax credits, because the ease of donating makes it worth it. I've never had a bad experience with any employees, and most stores seem fairly organized and clean.
Dakota P.
Dakota P.
Ashland
Dec. 11, 2016, 5:21 a.m.
Review for: Goodwill
I worked here for a long time. I loved seeing the people come through the doors. I saw homeless people, people with large families, older people, people that had lost their jobs, -a little bit of everything. I loved the fact that they could get clothes that were in style and in incredible condition for a reasonable price tag. I also appreciated the second chance that people could get when it came to employment. Most people I worked with had rough pasts and could not get hired anywhere else. This organization also helps people with mental & physical disabilities find jobs and hires them without question or second glance. Everybody is equal here.
Chaniki B.
Chaniki B.
Atlanta, GA
I am a thrift shopper and think that these types of stores are great for the community and did a lot back in the day for the communities however, I don't see that anymore. I've noticed that the prices have gotten ridiculously high and that the stores use to cater to low income however low income can't afford their prices. I personally stop donating to the goodwill due to the fact that they resale used pants that should be priced $2.00 for $8-10.00 which I feel Is very unfair . you can find a pair of brand new pair of jeans for that price and I rather give them to someone for free than having to pay the goodwill that ridiculous price.
Kirby M.
Kirby M.
Eugene, OR
I used to love donating and shopping at Goodwill, but I found out that many of their disabled employees are earning merely pennies per hour. It's technically legal for them to do this under a Federal law known as Section 14(c), but I think it's shameful that they exploit this loophole--their employees deserve better.

Section 14 (c) of the Fair Labor Standards Act, which was passed in 1938, allows employers to obtain special minimum wage certificates from the Department of Labor. The certificates give employers the right to pay disabled workers according to their abilities, with no bottom limit to the wage.
Amber S.
Amber S.
Fort Stewart, GA
I love Goodwill, thrifting is fun for me and you can find cool stuff and great deals. However, it does depend on the store you go to. Some places have excellent finds and prices, and others have bad management and everything is overpriced. My Goodwill for example tends to have high prices on shoes and furniture, but almost everything else is a good deal. I've gotten brand new jeans (with the tags still on) for $8 there, on multiple occasions. Definitely go check it out if you have some free time, at the very least it's fun and you'll probably find a thing or two that'll make you laugh.
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Dec. 31, 2016, 9:36 a.m.
Review for: Goodwill
I grew up getting nearly all my clothes from Goodwill. I have always loved thrift shopping and finding a good bargain - it was always more practical and in my budget than going to the mall. However, in recent years, I have noticed that Goodwill's prices have increased quite a bit on everything. It's no longer as affordable as it used to be and a lot of the people who shop there (including myself) shop there because they maybe can't as easily afford to shop other places. Their CEO also seems to have a very hefty salary which I don't think reflects well on a charitable organization.
Elsa B.
Elsa B.
Brooklyn, NY
I love thrift store shopping. You can get almost anything! When looking at furniture keep an eye out for solid wood and good construction - you can always sand and repaint or replace hardware. I also love buying the art for the frames! I got a 40'' frame for $5 - it'd be close to $60 at my local craft store. A quick layer or spray paint and you can make it match any decor. And don't pass up on those weird knicknacks. You can always spray paint those, too! Try silver for seashells or neon pink for a toy dinosaur. Thrift stores help you keep your decor fresh on the cheap!
Sara M.
Sara M.
Anyone else feel like this company is a fraud hiding behind what they call charity?
Allie E.
Allie E.
Grand Rapids, MI
What is your favorite section to shop in goodwill
Theresa E.
Theresa E.
Johnstown, PA
Have you found some nice things at Goodwill?
eva v.
eva v.
Homestead, FL
Do you guys think the prices are way to high for some items or is just me?
Alexa M.
Alexa M.
How often should you (or do you) check back at the store for new items?