BY GOODREADS #3 in Books

• Who on here is a member of Goodreads and is doing the Rea...12 Answers
  • How many books have you won using the "Giveaway" feature?...68 Answers
  • Has anyone tried using the app? Does it track your readin...46 Answers
Goodreads.com
  • "I can keep track of my readings, find new books to read, give reviews, follow my favorite authors and join groups to talk about books." in 305 reviews
  • "this is such a great way of seeing how many books I read and still want to read and also finding new books and seeing what others read" in 170 reviews
  • "Great way to see what other people who have read the book have to say about it and see how good of a rating the book has been given." in 78 reviews
  • "I'm a member for years and I love how it helps me to find new books, keep track of wath I've read and at the same time interact with other readers!" in 62 reviews
  • "I really like this website, I can add all of the books I have read and see which books my friends have and are currently reading." in 42 reviews
Jade B.
Durham
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Goodreads is my absolute favorite website on the planet (sorry, Influenster!) I've always been a bookworm and this is a reader's paradise (it may sound over the top, but I read somewhere in the realm of 100-150 books a year). I read WAY too much to lose track of the books I've read, first of all. It also allows me to put books on my "to-read" shelf, which helps me know what to buy or read next. Custom shelves allow you to categorize books however you'd like (I have an "owned books" and an "owned ebooks" shelf to make sure I don't double purchase titles). Each year there's a reading challenge so that you can monitor your reading throughout the year. There are "best of" lists are the end of the year so that I can make sure I've hit all the highlights in literary culture for the year; I can follow my favorite authors and receive notifications when they're putting out new material (if somehow it managed to slip under my radar). I can keep an eye on my feed to see what my friends are reading, get recommendations from the site's algorithm for what to read next based on ratings I've given books and genres previously, and there are TONS of book giveaways you can enter to win (I seriously have an ENTIRE bookshelf just dedicated to ones I've won in Goodreads giveaways). I also subscribe to their daily newsletter that publishes book deals that are going on, to make sure that if there's a book on my to-read list, I don't miss out on the chance to get it for cheap. There are tons of other features, some that I don't use quite as much (like the community section where you can join groups, ask questions, create polls and the like), but the ones I do use are fantastic and keep me organized. I get on Goodreads at least once every day or two, and now when I'm out browsing a book store in person, I always look the title up on Goodreads before I make a decision on it. Cannot recommend this site enough for the avid reader!
Stephanie O.
Dallas, TX
At first I wasn’t a fan, but now that I’ve actually taken the time to dig into Goodreads and figure out what it’s all about - I’m hooked! First off, I love using it as a way to keep track of what books I’ve read, and what books I want to read. That alone makes it worthwhile to use for me. I’m not a huge book reviewer because I never want to give anything away, but I do like the fact that so many others do reviews and I like being able to rate the books when I’m finished. Another one of my favorite parts of Goodreads is all the book lists! I’ve found SO many good books by looking through different lists that pertain to my reading interests, and I just think that’s such an awesome idea because it really helps narrow it down to a specific category if that’s what I’m looking for. For example, psychological thrillers are my favorite type of read, and there’s so many different lists like “must read psychological thrillers” or “new psychological thrillers 2017” that I can browse through to find new and different books I may not otherwise discover. I also think it’s really neat that so many authors have Goodreads profiles. It’s a great way to be able to connect with authors you really like, and to see what they like to read themselves. I’d highly recommend Goodreads for any avid reader, there’s definitely something for everyone no matter if you’re the type who likes to be super involved, or you prefer to keep to yourself and just keep track of what you’re reading.
Odette S.
Hialeah Gardens
Goodreads is amazing! You get to see what your friends are reading and I have discovered so many great books from their recommendations. You also get to keep track of all the books you have read, own, did not finishing reading, etc... But the best part in my opinion is the Goodreads challenge. Every year you get to set a goal of how many books you want to read and you can also see your friends goals and keep track of each others challenges and how many books you've read so far. If you ever want to see a review of any book you may be interested in buying, there are millions are people who review books and tell you their opinions on it.
Patricia O.
Anaheim, CA
Been Goodreads.com member since 2009 it's an amazing source for book titles when you a re in search of a new one. It is also a great community for bibliophiles. It help you keep track of what book you've read, what you have reviewed and wanted to read in the future. I met so many amazing people there and authors. It is one of the best tools if you have a book review blog. When mine was active it connects me to PR and marketing agencies as well as authors that are looking to promote their new book.
Samantha C.
Dover, DE
I love this website, although it does not have every single but it has a lot.  I can put reviews out there, track my books, and share what I think.  You can also recommend books to friends and read about your favorite authors.  There are lists of the top books by year or just fan favorites too.  I like this website and I am on it all the time when I am reading a novel.  I would recommend it for those who love to read and express their feeling about the book.
Hanna V.
Omaha, NE
I literally use this every single day. I have the app on my phone and the website bookmarked on all my PCs. I love the reading challenge because it helps me keep track of what I've read. I enjoy seeing what my peers think of books, and it helps me get suggestions on what to pick up next. The recommendation algorithm is a bit off, but honestly using the peer feedback makes it way more worth while. If you're an avid reader, please check this app out.
Melissa B.
Lake in the Hills
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I read so many books that I sometimes can't even remember what I have read already.  This is such a great way to keep track of the books you have read, are currently reading or want to read in the future.  You can even set a reading goal each year on how many books you want to read.  This is a great way to find books similar to books that you have already read and really enjoyed.
Cassandra W.
Bookworm Expert Level 3
This is a seriously great website and app.

First, the integration between the website and apps are flawless. I can easily switch between using it on my Mac or my phone or iPad with no issues.

It is crazy easy to use. You can set up your own "shelves" to organize books in which ever manner you designate, whether it's by author, genre or something as simple as read versus want to read.

One of my favorite aspects of Goodreads, besides tracking what books I've read, are the lists. There are literally hundreds of lists posted by other users (and of course you can make your own) that you can search to find that next book to curl up with.

Hands down, this is one of the most used websites/apps that I have on my phone.
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
I recommend Goodreads to any of my friends who are into reading. I love using Goodreads to keep track of what I'm reading, set yearly read challenges & make sure I'm reviewing what I read. I also use it to find things I might like to read, it's a great site to window shop on & as you read more books & rate them, it tunes into other books that may catch your interest.
genna g.
Nutley, NJ
Amazing app and website. I love keeping track of my reading progress here. I make lists of books I want to read and categorize them too. I also read everyone’s reviews which help me choose my next book! There are communities to join where you can discuss your favorite reads as well. I love keeping up with my friends’ choice reads too. So much fun!
Savannah D.
Purdys, NY
How many books have you won using the "Giveaway" feature? I've won about 25 books in the last four months!
Justina O.
Do I have to pay for this?
Lexii B.
West Covina, CA
Can I find books for teens on here ?
Mackenzie H.
Has anyone tried using the app? Does it track your reading progress like on the website?
Jennifer J.
Is the app smart phone compatible?