Gone With the Wind (Reprint) (Hardcover) uploaded by Veronika P.

BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

The story of the tempestuous romance between Rhett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara is set amid the drama of the Civil War see more...

• Book or movie? I loved the movie and the way Scarlett O'Hara alwa...2 Answers
  • Is it as good as the movie? Is it an easy read or is it overwhelm...1 Answers
  • Is the book as good as the movie? Can you sit down and enjoy it f...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "Such a well written and enthralling piece of literature." in 1 review
  • "The first time I read it was as a freshman in high school and I've probably read it three times since then." in 1 review
Vyom K.
This movie never fails to amaze me every time I watch it and I have already watched it 4 times. Love the drama and the romance and the actors have definitely done a great job. Would definitely recommend watching this movie to everyone. One of my favorite movies for sure .
Victoria G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This has to be in my top 3 favorite books of all time. I know the movie is held in such high regard, but the book blows it out of the water... it is so complex and deep, and the storyline is so incredibly captivating, I don't see how anyone could read this and not love it. In my opinion the movie portrays Scarlett as too mean and selfish, which she is, but it doesn't get to the depth of her determination and drive, or show how she single handedly kept everything together. It's hard to compete with the love story of Scarlett and Rhett, I absolutely adore them together even when it infuriates me that they mess it up so much. The book is very long, but when you finish you wish it would keep going. I read it enough to make the pages start falling out if that tells you anything.
Kimberly G.
Fort Worth , TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my absolute favorite book even though it doesn't have quite the ending that I would like. But after reading this when you get to the end you feel like you know the characters so well that you are sure of what is to come. Scarlett O'Hara has several unlikable qualities but she is an amazingly strong character who you can't help but respect. And Rhett Butler is her perfect equal. A likable scoundrel who can't help but love her.
April F.
del city, OK
I did a book report back in highschool on this and received 2 credits, due to how long it was. I loved this book, but loved to read too. I didn't see the movie till after i read the book. This is a must read prior to watching the movie. Considering how long it is, its worth it. I highly suggest reading the book vs watching the movie.
Trisha F.
Esparto , CA
Is the top five in my favorite books . It's one of the longest books I've ever read but it's so worth it . What a classic book with characters so unique. I still quote from both the movie and the book . Wish they made Oscar movies like this still .
Marilena G.
Ok. THE BEST BOOK THERE IS OUT THERE. No matter how many times i read it, i never get bored. The heroes are everyday people that try to get past the horrors of war. No fanfare or extra stuff, simple human beings. So many life lessons. Amazing.
Saglara O.
Hilo, HI
Every girl must read this. It's such a beautiful story. The characters have interesting personalities. I watched movie first and then I read the book. I love both movie and the book! I'll probably read again soon :)
Pamela C.
Castro Valley, CA
I read this book when I was eleven years old. I sat down on my bed with a dictionary next to me and within a month in a half I had read it from beginning to end. After reading the book my mother went out and bought me the movie. To this day when anybody asks what my favorite movie or book is, I say Gone With the Wind. I love reading about the civik war era. It's always fascinated me. And the characters in this book are easy to fall in love with. Even Scarlett being as mean as she can be, it's hard not to admire her determination throughout the story and feel sympathy for the struggles she endured during the war and her relationships. Margaret Mitchell wrote this story beautiifully. And the movie was so well cast. I am one of the biggest Gone With the Wind fan. Someday I'd like to see it replayed on the big screen. This book is definitely a must read at least once in your life.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was one of my favorite books to read as a teenager, I honestly can't believe I don't own a copy now! Of course, the book itself it quite lengthy and you'll have to dedicate some time to reading it through, but you won't regret it. The story is so engaging, and Scarlett is such an interesting and complex character. Definitely pick this one up and give it a read!
raichel j.
A book I think all young people should read. It can be long and dry but you will understand a lesson that can't be easily taught about karma and what happens to your life when you neglect the people you should be appreciating. I learned a surprising amount of life lessons from this book about vanity and being indecisive
Joanna S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I've heard many great things about this classic.Anyone recommend it?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Book or movie? I loved the movie and the way Scarlett O'Hara always dressed!!
Samantha B.
Joliet, IL
Is it as good as the movie? Is it an easy read or is it overwhelming?
Ryan C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Is the book as good as the movie? Can you sit down and enjoy it from the start or does it take some time to get into?