Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Krista L.Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Selina V.Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Tory K.

BY CROWN PUBLISHING GROUP

Marriage can be a real killer. One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed that her work "draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction." Gone Girl's toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn. On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media-as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents-the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter-but is he really a killer? As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet? With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around. see more...

• I've read a lot of good things about gone girl. Do you th...2 Answers
  • Looking for more authors similar to Gillian Flynn. I've r...7 Answers
  • I’ve been curious about this book for awhile do you recom...2 Answers
Jenn S.
Kansas City
I love all things Gillian Flynn! Every one of her books keeps me glued to pages and her original story lines and twisted endings always leave me desperate for her next book.
Ronak D.
One of the best thrillers written. If you are craving a book that will your attention this summer - look no further. The story takes many turns as the main character takes you through her life journey. Also turned into a great movie!
Heather L.
I absolutely love Gillian Flynn! She is an amazing author. This book is a page burner. It starts off strong and ends with a twisty twist. I would never have imagined the ending would have happened in the way it did. I love it.
Kansas B.
Sparta, NC
I could not get into this book. I know it's very well known and loved, but after the first page I knew it wasn't for me. Gone Girl is written in a mediocre and cliche way. The storyline didn't grab me in the slightest. I didn't like it.
Jacklyn P.
Bookworm Expert Level 3
If you are looking for a great read, you've found it. Once I got through the first 50 pages I could not put this book down. It's dark and twisty and you'll never see the end coming. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Natasha M.
This started my Gillian Flynn obsession. It was such a surprise again and again and again. If you saw the movie, this is still worth reading. There were a few differences.
Kayla A.
Such a good book! Gillian Flynn is one of the best authors out there. She blew my mind with this plot! It keeps you guessing from beginning to end. I couldn't put it down!
Courtney M.
Fishers, IN
Just okay. Story was interesting at first, but by then end it was just too much. Writing style was good, good character development. A quick read.
Kiancee  S.
I absolutely loved this book. The movie did not disappoint either. Purchased at Barnes & Noble and is a great read for those who live suspense.
Toni M.
This book is a lot better a lot better than the movie has a lot of twist interns to it if you see it pick it up and read it you’ll like it
Ashley S.
Powell, OH
Looking for more authors similar to Gillian Flynn. I've read The Girl on the Train as well as Pretty Girls by Karen Slaughter. I've also read all of Gillian Flynn's other books. I would consider horror in this category. There is nothing better than fall candles and a good, creepy book!
Edith C.
Killeen, TX
I’ve been curious about this book for awhile do you recommend this?
Judith U.
I've read a lot of good things about gone girl. Do you think I should give it a try? Is it easy to read and does it have a sad ending? Does it has an open ending?