Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Krista L.Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Selina V.Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Tory K.

BY CROWN PUBLISHING GROUP

Marriage can be a real killer. One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed that her work "draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction." Gone Girl's toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn. On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media-as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents-the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter-but is he really a killer? As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet? With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around. see more...

• I've read a lot of good things about gone girl. Do you th...2 Answers
  • Looking for more authors similar to Gillian Flynn. I've r...7 Answers
  • I’ve been curious about this book for awhile do you recom...2 Answers
Lindsey T.
Norfolk, VA
LOVED this book. I read it before I saw the movie and it is definitely better. The best part of this book is in the incredible twist so it makes me said that if I ever reread it, I will not get that same experience! This novel compelled me to look into other Flynn novels and now I have read them all. They are all dark, suspenseful, and difficult to put down!
EJ P.
Wayne, PA
Great thriller! This book is full of twists and surprised which makes it difficult to put down. It's not quite as dark as her other books which is good if you're squeamish. The movie adaptation was wonderful, but nothing beats a good book!
Lyndsey R.
Uniontown, PA
This book kept me in suspense from beginning to end. Beautifully written and easy to follow. The twists and turns keep you on edge. This book turned me on to Gillian Flynn other books, and they don't disappoint either!
Abigail M.
Elmendorf, TX
This has to one of the best books I have ever read!! Each page left me wanting more and more! By the time I knew it I was done within a day! I recommend reading the book first then watching the Movie !!
Olivia H.
Tenants Hbr, ME
Best book ever! So suspenseful that you won't want to put it down. Read the book before you see the movie (it's 100 times better!) it's a perfect beach read! I would recommend this book to anyone!
Christin H.
Wilmington, DE
LOVED this book. First novel I read by Gillian Flynn and immediately moved on to Sharp Objects (also great) and am now reading Dark Places by her. I love her writing style and unique twists, they aren't your typical cookie cutter mystery novels. Very rarely do I read books again, but this, I will if she doesn't come out with anything new before I finish the last of her novels.
Leyla S.
Staten island , NY
Yes to this book! It's so amazing, suspenseful, thrilling, gripping, etc etc... I couldn't put it down. It's psychologically scary, but definitely an amazing read. Highly recommend it
Alyssa W.
Summerville, SC
Let me just say that Gillian Flynn is one of my favorite authors. I love mysteries and this book had me reading until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Check out her other two books!
Jenn S.
Kansas City
I love all things Gillian Flynn! Every one of her books keeps me glued to pages and her original story lines and twisted endings always leave me desperate for her next book.
Ronak D.
One of the best thrillers written. If you are craving a book that will your attention this summer - look no further. The story takes many turns as the main character takes you through her life journey. Also turned into a great movie!
Ashley S.
Powell, OH
Looking for more authors similar to Gillian Flynn. I've read The Girl on the Train as well as Pretty Girls by Karen Slaughter. I've also read all of Gillian Flynn's other books. I would consider horror in this category. There is nothing better than fall candles and a good, creepy book!
Judith U.
I've read a lot of good things about gone girl. Do you think I should give it a try? Is it easy to read and does it have a sad ending? Does it has an open ending?
Edith C.
Killeen , TX
I’ve been curious about this book for awhile do you recommend this?