Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Krista L.Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Selina V.Gone Girl by Flynn, Gillian [Hardcover] uploaded by Tory K.

BY CROWN PUBLISHING GROUP

Marriage can be a real killer. One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed that her work "draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction." Gone Girl's toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn. On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media-as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents-the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter-but is he really a killer? As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet? With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around. see more...

• I've read a lot of good things about gone girl. Do you th...2 Answers
  • Looking for more authors similar to Gillian Flynn. I've r...7 Answers
  • I’ve been curious about this book for awhile do you recom...2 Answers
Taylor M.
The Villages, FL
I had seen the movie years before, yet I was taken by surprise at every twist. I could barely put the book down. The story unfoldes so carefully and you knew, with each word and thought, that Gillian Flynn paid attention to every single detail.
Nicole L.
I couldn't put this down when I read it, i was so captivated by how insane this story it was. It was so startling that someone could do this. And it was written with such detail it felt so real. Gillian Flynn is so talented my God.
Patty T.
Winterville, GA
[product:gone-girl-] is one of those books you will not be able to put down at all. It keeps you captivated until the very end! I find it interesting that none of the characters are particularly likable.
Paige R.
Evans, GA
You can't go wrong with Gillian Flynn, as each of her novels leaves you in suspense and shocked at the conclusion. Gillian has a way of making you believe the societal views of blaming the man, but always shocks you in the end with who is really to blame. She's such a great author, and gone girl is a book not to be missed. If you like this one, check out dark places and sharp objects!
Bryana L.
The book is definitely better than the movie. I understood Amy’s character better than I had when I watched the movie adaption.
The book is masterfully written and riveting.
Flynn has a knack for incorporating behavioral psychology in her works and you can tell by the way her characters interact with each other and with themselves. Her writing has the ability to mess with you and that’s great because it keeps you reading. I would definitely recommend reading this novel if you are into mysteries, thrillers, and dramas.
Sofi G.
Bronx, NY
This was awful. The writing dragged along like nothing I’ve read do far (except maybe for Lord of the Rings) and the characters were absolutely terrible. They weren’t just impossible to like, which may be on purpose, but they were also completely unbelievable and terribly developed.
Jas Z.
N Las Vegas, NV
I could not put this book down. I was making time in my day just to get through a few more chapters! It was so good and it sets the story up so much better than the movie. The movie goes really fast and some things aren't given as much importance as they deserve in my opinion. The book is fantastic and is an easy read because you can't wait to see what happens next!
MELISSA B.
This author is brilliant.  I am so busy most of the time that I pick up a book and binge read 1/3 of it and I wont pick it up to finish it for a few months. This authors books are written so smoothly that you want to read the next chapter to see what's going to happen.  I love the plot twists at the end.  Great book.
Regan D.
Waukesha, WI
Wow...where to start... This book certainly was a roller coaster of intense and twisted storyline. I got sucked in immediately by the writer's writing style- her wit and sarcastic humor clicked with me.

The characters were strong and developed wonderfully... both of them being a sort of Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde type of person.

I rated the book 5 starts and will be reading the author's other books very soon!
Jessica R.
Marenisco, MI
This book keeps you holding your breath the entire time. I love everything Gillian Flynn writes and am I patiently waiting for her to write more books. The storyline is awesome and the book has so many twists and turns.
Ashley S.
Powell, OH
Looking for more authors similar to Gillian Flynn. I've read The Girl on the Train as well as Pretty Girls by Karen Slaughter. I've also read all of Gillian Flynn's other books. I would consider horror in this category. There is nothing better than fall candles and a good, creepy book!
Edith C.
Killeen, TX
I’ve been curious about this book for awhile do you recommend this?
Judith U.
I've read a lot of good things about gone girl. Do you think I should give it a try? Is it easy to read and does it have a sad ending? Does it has an open ending?