BY GONE GIRL #20 in Books

• Do you have a lot of books?5 Answers
  • I've heard mixed reviews about this book, should I cave a...27 Answers
  • What is your favorite book by G.F? Dark places is my reco...16 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "I love thrillers and mystery novels and this is great one- it's filled with plot twists and suspense that will keep you quickly turning the pages." in 26 reviews
  • "This was a well written book with the husband and wife's POV incorporated in it which keeps you wondering until youre punched in the face with the true reasoning as to why and how his wife goes missing! " in 23 reviews
  • "This book was a nail biting page turner to the very end and even at the end I was turning the page looking for more." in 22 reviews
  • "While I enjoyed the first half of the book, the second half threw so many twists and turns it definitely kept me guessing until the very end! " in 15 reviews
  • "At first it throws you off how the author goes back and forth with the main characters; nonetheless leaves you wanting to keep on reading after each narration." in 14 reviews
Flying_between_stories 🎥.
St Petersburg, FL
It is a novel that you will read very fast, with an exciting plot and unexpected twists. I have to say that Gillian Flynn takes the license to disembowel, deepen and twist at will on a very difficult issue: relationships. It is amazing to see how the thoughts of the protagonists developed, how they expressed themselves and how they wanted to solve the problems. They are very complex and special characters, their thoughts are an indecipherable code and sometimes they were completely macabre.

Spanish
Es una novela que leerás muy rapido, con una trama apasionante y giros inesperados. Tengo que decir que Gillian Flynn se toma la licencia para destripar, ahondar y retorcer a su antojo sobre un tema muy difícil: las relaciones de pareja. Es asombroso ver cómo se desarrollaban los pensamientos de los protagonistas, cómo se expresaban y la forma en que querían dar solución a los problemas. Son personajes muy complejos y especiales, sus pensamientos son un código indescifrable y en ocasiones llegaban a ser completamente macabros.

Jacqueline B.
Homestead, FL
Gone Girl  was truly one of my favorite books to read. I love how the book is told from two different perspectives, the wife and the husband. As I was reading it I didn't know who to root for or who's side I was on, but the book leaves you wanting for more that you just don't want to put it down. I was a little bit disappointed with the ending because as in most books you want to have a clear picture of how the story ends, but that is not the case in this situation. I still enjoyed it, so much so that I have read the other books written by the author and I even purchased the movie. It's a very interesting and captivating read that I enjoyed very much.
Hanna V.
Omaha, NE
I really enjoyed both the book and the movie for this story. I think the book is better (and so far the best of Gillian Flynn's books, I've read them all). I think about this movie even when I'm not watching it. The first watch/read was captivating. I did not see the twists coming and that made it thoroughly enjoyable. This sparked a trend in books, that everyone is trying (and failing) to recreate.
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
No spoiler here. It's not often that I devour a work of fiction, but I did this novel. Reminiscent of Josephine Hart's "Sin," which happens to be an old favorite of mine, I found this novel brilliant. Flynn has a skill for being the puppet master of her reader, getting me to change my mind about characters--even one's I had a real moral issue with. My initial feelings about this story caused me to put the book down around chapter four. While Flynn is a fantastic writer, witty, hilarious, plotted and psychologically skilled, I worried early on that I not waste time reading a story with such unattractive characters. But I picked it back up, curious about the heroin of this story and unable to find another novel that was as equally clever. I'm glad I saw this through. Oscar Wilde would approve.
Natalie P.
Lancaster, PA
GONE GIRL IS AMAZING. The book and the movie are SO AMAZING. Rosamund Pike is PERFECT in the movie as Amy. The book differs from the movie in a really good way, it’s like you’re having a one-on-one conversation which each character. The movie has a dark, creepy feel to it, and I LOVE IT. Gone Girl is my all time favorite movie, nothing can compare to this. You will LOVE IT.
Dani M.
Carrollton, GA
If you like thriller books, I highly recommend reading this one. It’s really easy to read, I finished it fairly quickly just because I couldn’t put it down. Just when you think you’ve got the story figured out, it will completely throw you a curve ball and turn everything you thought you knew upside down. It’s a very captivating read!
Francesca M.
Golden, Co
I enjoyed this book. It kept me at the edge of my seat and it kept me wanting more. I love a book that keeps you interested and guessing until the very end. If you haven’t seen the movie nor read the book I urge you to read the book instead of seeing the movie. It’s sooo much better and well written.
Ashley L.
Marietta, GA
This book was intense. The plot line had me suffering from whiplash as I could not decide who to sympathize with for much longer than a chapter or two. The writing was absolutely fantastic. It is not very often that a book can surprise me but this one did, I would absolutely recommend.
Mary O.
I almost didn't get past the first few pages, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I couldn't put it down once I got into it because the story was so compelling. This book had me googling "books like gone girl" because I didn't want it to be over. Definitely worth a read!!
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I read this book in one day. I just couldn’t put it down! So many twists and turns in the book that you don’t see coming. It is so much better than the movie too (as usual). It’s a must read and I would suggest reading the book before watching the movie.
Halie J.
Which was better - the book or movie?
Kim T.
Baltimore, MD
I've heard mixed reviews about this book, should I cave and read it or should I leave it be?
Kaitlyn B.
Green Bay, WI
Worth reading after seeing the movie?
Jenny D.
What is your favorite book by G.F? Dark places is my recommendation !!!
Bethany P.
Comer, GA
Is this worth the read? I hear that the movie was really scary