Golden Monkey  uploaded by Leala A.

BY GOLDEN MONKEY

• "If you're an avid beer drinker I highly recommend trying it." in 1 review
  • "It is very smooth and drinkable, but has a pretty high alcohol content, so watch out!" in 1 review
  • "This beer is absolutely delicious - but it will knock you over because the alcohol content is so high." in 1 review
  • "If it's on tap, its usually something I will have at least one glass of, even better if it is on special." in 1 review
  • "Flavorful, and pairs well with a good variety of foods." in 1 review
Susan D.
Newark, DE
Victory Beers are fantastic and this one has become a staple. It’s hoppy but not too much, and it’s heavy enough to really taste all the flavors. I love how in every sip you get sweet and spicy. The flavor of all the spices coming together is something every beer lover should experience!
Natasha M.
Rockville, MD
Huge fan of Victory Brewing Company and this is probably my favorite beer that they make. This is a Belgian-style ale, has a great flavor with a distinct corinander and in my opinion banana flavor. The alcohol content is high so if you are someone who enjoys the taste of their beer, but doesn't want to drink a lot of beer, this is a good option.
Amanda M.
Dunedin, FL
I love this beer so much. It's smooth and refreshing yet strong. I love pale ales and as you can probably tell this is one of my favorites. Victory Brewing is good at what they do. I'm just frustrated at times with this beer's availability in my area. I see gas stations stocked with it but it's rare I see it on a drink menu outside of craft beer bars.

Either way, I love this beer! It's always in my fridge (not that I drink THAT much but when the time comes, this is what I turn to).
Holly V.
Alexandria, VA
Better on draft than bottles for sure. Not the biggest fan of this beer and it is a little expensive. It is high school which is likely why it costs more however it tastes almost like a beer gone bad and has a little too much alcohol taste vs malty rich hoppy goodness.
Camie H.
Wayne, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Golden Monkey is one of my favorite beers from Victory! Victory is one of my local breweries and Golden Monkey is something I always like finding on tap around me. If it's on tap, its usually something I will have at least one glass of, even better if it is on special. You are going to get a lot of flavors with this beer, its complex. You got to savor it.
Kerry M.
three bridges, nj
Delicious Belgian style beer-- strong, nice flavor from the yeast (not from bitter hops). Plan on sipping this and only having one or two. This isn't something you'd finish a six pack of while watching a game! It pairs really well with strong cheeses.
Shanna G.
Pt Pleasant, NJ
Victory brewing/beer is my absolute favorite. Golden Monkey is delicious! It's not too heavy, even though the ABV is above 9% per bottle! If you enjoy their Golden Monkey, keep an eye out for their Sour Monkey...it is even MORE delicious. I can't wait for the release this year.
Alicia T.
wytheville, VA
Nice and smooth. Good taste. Not something I buy often but a nice treat when I do. It's a little hard to locate, however, in my area so I have to order it. Wish it were more available but it has a good flavor that I would recommend to others and would purchase again
Brittany S.
paramus, NJ
This is a delicious beer for those who like to actually enjoy something flavorful when they drink. It would probably be a bit much for someone who is used to drinking mainstream light beers all of the time, but overall should be a crowd pleaser
Caroline B.
Greenville, SC
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I loveeee Golden Monkey. But! If you decide to grab a 6 pack, beware it's got quite the alcohol content. It's a high grav beer and if you drink enough of it you will probably act like a monkey. It has a strong taste, and it's not for the faint of heart. If you're an avid beer drinker I highly recommend trying it.
Talitha F.
Buffalo, NY
Where can I buy this?
Traci T.
Philadelphia, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Does this have citrus flavor?
Marisol I.
Norwalk, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Do they have this in California?
Marisol I.
Norwalk, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Also, why is it called golden monkey?
Sharon S.
Pendergrass, GA
What is the average price for this?