Gold Crown Red Onions uploaded by marie A.Gold Crown Red Onions uploaded by Sisto A.Gold Crown Red Onions uploaded by Sisto A.

BY GOLD CROWN #51 in Vegetables

marie A.
marie A.
I love red onions they are good for so many things! but this recipe is one of my favorites! its good for tacos to. it is fast and easy it taste good to!

1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup vinegar
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1½ teaspoons salt

Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together until sugar and salt is fully dissolved.
Place onion in a jar or bowl (I like to use a mason jar). Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour if you're in a rush. Preferably, cover jar or bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 1 day. Pickled onions will last for a few weeks stored in the refrigerator.
Ang V.
Ang V.
We use these slit when making potato salads. Add potatoes, mayonnaise, boiled eggs, beets, and red onions, salt and pepper to taste. The onions give the salad a kick. It's delicious!
kichu v.
kichu v.
I use it almost everyday for cooking. It adds good flavor for Indian recipes. It is usually used as base to many North Indian dishes. I bought it from h.e.b
Brianna M.
Brianna M.
I definitely love red onion more than I love yellow onion. They are good on salads and they are easy to cook with. They do not cost too much, and you can buy them in bundles so that you don't have to pay the price for individual ones. I would recommend them to cooking people.
Celeste W.
Celeste W.
I love cooking, and these guys come in handy when I'm wanting to add flavor. If you're a fan of flavor and a nice crunch, this vegetable is what you're looking for. You can buy it at any grocery store and it's very affordable.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Cincinnati, OH
I love red onions. I normally buy the kind with all the layers on because they are less pricey. They are great raw as I find them milder than some yellow/white onions. I use in salsa, in chicken salad, burgers, and homemade pizza. Very good onion!
Anna T.
Anna T.
My favorite onions! I love them I can even eat them raw. Best onions to use as toppings.
Carmen B.
Carmen B.
I absolutely LOVE onions. These purple ones are a great addition to any recipe. Even alone and marinated in lemon with salt. Purple over EVERYTHING. LOL.
Lanie V.
Lanie V.
Great to cook with or eat raw on burgers. They add great color to your meal.
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.
Marietta, GA
I like to pair these onions with pot roast, steak, and soo much more. They have a slightly sweet flavor that works well for me in super meaty dishes.