BY GODIVA #34 in Liquor

Buy on Walmart
Emily J.
Emily J.
Brooklyn, NY
For the longest time I’ve been curious about Godiva’s chocolate liqueur, but couldn’t see myself justifying the $30 price tag they come with. This isn’t so much because of the beverage itself, but because of what other drinks I could mix it with in my collection (or lack thereof). So I took the sampler’s route and bought a 50 milliliter bottle of the regular chocolate and white chocolate flavors.

It’s been a long time since I had Godiva chocolate, but given their name and reputation, this should be an interesting treat. The bottles look nice, dark and elegant, almost like some high-class chocolate syrup. Sometimes a really nice bottle is all it takes to catapult my attention.

Aesthetically, the regular chocolate variant looks like perfect chocolate milk, complete with a silky appearance and almost irish cream-like scent. As I take an initial sip, the burn from the alcohol faintly lingers about my throat while the chocolate flavor gives off a mild personality. The burn comes up more as I work my way, but becomes nonexistent on the finish. I can’t help but think of irish cream mixed with chocolate syrup while I finish what little I have. This is definitely something that could stand on its own as a post-dinner drink, like eggnog except you’re not limited to one time of the year.
Emily K.
Emily K.
Louisville, KY
As much as I LOVE Godiva chocolates... this fell very flat to me. I love Baileys, and I suppose I was expecting something epic and delicious like that yet its own thing, but... it was very much nothing special at all. It's chocolate alright, but more like a slightly alcoholic milk with not nearly enough chocolate sauce in it to be a good chocolate milk. It's just underwhelming and doesn't deliver. We bought a beautiful bottle awhile back, tried it, and... it's been sitting in the back shelf ever since. the only memorable thing about it is how unlike the absolutely divine chocolate flavor I've come to associate with the Godiva brand. Definitely NOT worth even a try. You're better off buying a bottle of Baileys.
breann y.
breann y.
Toledo, OH
The flavor of this is amazing!! To me it has a similar taste as a truffle has. Nice rich flavor with a smooth fine liqueur kick. This is one of My favorite recipes to make with this Liqueur

Godiva Chocolate Martini
30 ml (1 oz) Vodka
60 ml (2 oz) Godiva Original Liqueur
10 ml (1/3 oz) Chocolate Syrup
30 ml (1 oz) Half and Half
Ice Cubes

Directions:
Half fill cocktail mixer with ice cubes. (If possible, use crushed ice for quick chilling)
Add vodka, liqueur and half and half in cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Tumble cocktail shaker for 25-30 seconds.
Take chilled martini glass, pour chocolate syrup on inner rim and spread it randomly.
Strain and pour chilled drink into garnished glass and serve.
Maria Q.
Maria Q.

Hola. Bienvenido al postre. Esta es una bebida muy divertida para cocinar en budín de pan y disfrutar mientras está cocinando y beber por sí mismo y compartir con amigos y luego comprar una botella nueva porque se acabó de alguna manera. Una botella muy agradable, por supuesto. Usted paga por él, pero no tanto como usted paga por muchas botellas de marca.
Prefiero Dorda para una experiencia de chocolate realmente sólida. El licor de Godiva es un buen licor de chocolate, pero en realidad no tiene chocolate fundido pulg Una ventaja licor de Godiva tiene: se puede refrigerar sin solidificar, a diferencia de Dorda.
Michael G.
Michael G.
Los Angeles, CA
HEllo. Welcome to dessert. This is a really fun drink to cook into bread pudding and sip on while you're cooking and drink by itself and share with friends and then buy a new bottle because you ran out somehow. A very nice bottle, of course. You do pay for it, but not as much as you pay for many brand name bottles.
I do prefer Dorda for a really solid chocolate experience. Godiva Liqueur is a good chocolate liqueur, but doesn't actually have chocolate melted in. One advantage Godiva Liqueur has: it can be chilled without solidifying, unlike Dorda.
Marci B.
Marci B.
Marshall, NC
My mom used to go crazy over these when they first came out.. She swore up & down they tasted exactly like the Chocolate flavor they represented(white Choc, Dark Choc, milk Choc, etc) My ex-gf used to get her White Russians made with the White Choc flavor & her Mudslides made with the Milk Choc.. Both EXTREMELY tasty(of COURSE I tried them, I PAID for them! lol) IF YOU ARE A FAN OF CHOCOLATE, MUD SLIDES, TOASTED ALMONDS, OR WHITE RUSSIANS, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH ANY OF GODIVAS CHOCOLATE LIQUERS ..GUARANTEED! Try it, you'll thank me later :)
Kathleen G.
Kathleen G.
I admit, it's been ages since I've actually had this beverage, but I can still remember how in love with it I am. This is not a drink for snobby liqueur fans. It's decadent and tastes like dessert, moreso than liqueur. Which for my taste is perfect! Lovely presentation and great as a standalone treat or an ingredient in desserts. A little pricey, but it's worth it. This is an excellent offering at a special gathering, or as a gift.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
If you like Godiva chocolate, and you like alcohol, you'll love this. Whether you want to drink it straight (I strongly recommend chilled) or use it for a mixed drink (perhaps to make something like a chocolate white russian?) or even to cook with (chocolate swirled cheesecake!!), you'll find no end of uses for Godiva Liqueurs in your house. Let your imagination run away with ... and be sure to buy an extra bottle or two.
Mara W.
Mara W.
Blacklick, OH
The dark chocolate is easily the best. It was used to make a phenomenal chocolate martini and my roommate and I immediately went out to get lore so we could recreate it. Milk chocolate is okay but not my style. It is expensive, you're paying for the brand and the novelty and rarity. I love the tiny versions you can sometimes find at world market if you're really lucky.
Rosalie L.
Rosalie L.
Yummy by itself or in a mix. It's smooth and not too sweet with a wonderful chocolate flavor that will satisfy your cravings. I like it over ice with a dash of baileys and disarrono. This cocktail makes for a great after dinner drink or just put it in a shaker and strain ice for a great chocolate martini. I also use this instead of coffee liquor for tiramisu. So good!
Erin L.
Erin L.
Stoughton, MA
Whats your favorite thing to mix this with?
Luz H.
Luz H.
Wow! This seems like a good idea!! How do you drink it?!
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Goodyear, AZ
What is something that you would mix this with?
Kelsey P.
Kelsey P.
Ellettsville, IN
Can I get a "WOOT WOOT" for a future VoxBox with a huge bottle of this?! Haha!
Isamar L.
Isamar L.
Does this taste like chocolate ?