GMC Terrain

by GMC

#18 in Cars

The GMC Terrain is a mid-size crossover utility vehicle (CUV) produced by GMC.

How much can the GMC Terrain tow?
Start your review of GMC Terrain!
How would you rate this product?
Amherst, NY
The Terrain is a great crossover vehicle!  If you live in a region where it snows, AWD is preferable. However, FWD is just as good and offers stability. GMC is GM's upscale division specializing in trucks and SUVs. GMC makes a good quality vehicle!

The Terrain offers plenty of space, standard amenities and good looks. I prefer the older design but I am sure the new designs are fuel efficient. This is a reasonably priced crossover that share platforms with the Chevy Equinox and Cadillac SRX/XT4. It is larger than a CRV, RAV4, and other SUV's in its class.

Quality wise, it is on par with most CUV's that you find in the market today. The old SLE2 had awesome upholstery and a great sound system (Pioneer). The Terrain is also dependable, you still see many older models on the road today.

Oakland
GMC Terrain uploaded by LaTanya R.
I drive about 150 miles, 3 hours on average Monday through Friday for work and the Terrain definitely holds up to the challenge. Perfect size to use as a commute car but big enough to handle my shopping hauls. Even big enough to put my bike in the back. I have th 2019 so gone is the traditional shift changers. Instead you toggle to buttons on the dash so stay alert. The on board console is awesome, it connects my phine, spotify, bookreader and google maps with ease. The only downs for me is my option didnt have a sunroof and the trunk doesnt offer any real security. Beside a small compart in the trunk area, you can see right into the back of the car. GMC Terrain
North Conway, NH
I have never been much of a car enthusiast, but I do love the Terrain. It is high enough, that you don't feel like everyone is going to drive over you, while still being small enough you don't feel like you will never get a parking spot, because it is to big.
It is a smooth ride, the breaks aren't touchy, but still help you do a smooth break. It is not jerky, and keeping your speed even is relatively easy in this car.
My only complaint is that while it does have a back up camera (which in my opinion is not as accurate as it could be with distance) it does not have any of the sensors, so you have to extra careful when backing out.
Emmett, ID
I don’t know where to begin — I love so much about this vehicle! It has the cargo and passenger capacity of a larger SUV with the fuel economy of a compact car, which is obviously a huge plus. From behind the wheel, all controls are intuitively places and easy to use. There is a bit more cabin noise than similar vehicles I have driven, but nothing I could call “loud.” It handles well in all weather conditions, and the safety features are wonderful. I haven’t driven this long enough to have a solid opinion on longevity or serious maintenance or repair (2018 model with less than 20k miles on it) but thus far, it has proven safe and reliable.
Corp Christi, TX
I have a gmc canyon. It's a really small truck but it has a lot of power behind it. My husband installs floor tile and this little truck can haul pallets full of tile like nothing. Quit impressive if you ask me considering it's smaller size. The major thing I don't like about it is that I wish it had a full size seat in the back instead of those itty bitty bucket seats that you have to sit sideways with. There no room at all. Also the front driver and passenger seat don't lay back at all. It's just stiff backed am the time. That makes long road trips hard to bare! I can't complain though, I mean obviously we knew this when we bought the truck. But as far as durability A++
Beachwood, Ohio
GMC Terrain uploaded by Ashley H.
I leased a 2018 for 2 years. Very affordable and spacious for a compact SUV. Pretty good gas mileage for a bigger car and had quality fuel economy ratings. I usually got around 26mpg, which is similar to smaller sudan/sport vehicles. 🚗. Okay in the winter ❄️ but I’ve sometimes slipped on the highways going to work. Performance wise, I noticed that the “pick-up”/acceleration power was not that greatest. Although this vehicle was very reliable and had a beautiful black and red sport cloth interior that was easy to keep clean. Would recommend as a all-purpose vehicle. ✨
Norman, OK
I love my Terrain. Lots of leg room and can easily seat 4 adults + car seat comfortably. You don’t have to adjust the front chairs to make room for people in the back either. I have a rear facing car seat in the center with no issues. Great gas mileage at around 20MPG city. LOVE my brown and black leather interior and sun roof. The only down side is the storage in the back isn’t huge. If you’re just doing a day trip, there are no issues, but we will be doing a long trip where the stroller will be coming with and we might have to get a top rack to hold all our gear. So, if you’re not toting a huge stroller + tons of gear this car is wonderful!
Houston
This car I drove it from 2012 to 2019 I bought it new I kinda never liked it and never wanted in the first place but needed a car for family use I ended up hitting things like bump into light posts and car with it by accident while parked it became a bulky of a car I drove it until it was a total lost last year..this car was too big for me even though it was roomy which that's why I got it in the first place it was a tragedy to drive around in...this is not made for a women LoL

Junction City, KS
We bought our terrain when we found out we were expecting. It’s the perfect size for a family of 3. It’s a nice size suv without being too big or not having enough trunk space. Our 60lbs dog rides in the trunk and has enough space to lay down without being cramped. With our car seat in the back there is still plenty of room for another person to ride back there without feeling like they are on top of it. We found it to be affordable for us.
I own a 2015 GMC terrain with all wheel drive. This is my first SUV, and I wish I would have bought this sooner! Mine came fully equipped with XM radio, a sun roof, automatic starter, and heated leather seats! I love all of the extras, but most importanly the way it drives! I love the look of them, and I feel safe in it. I don't know what I did without an SUV, and back up camera before! Five stars, would recommend this car any day!