BY GOOGLE #3 in Apps

Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can: ● Switch between up to 5 accounts ● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options ● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type ● See profile pictures as part of the conversation ● Read your mail with threaded conversations ● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone ● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app ● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam ● Send and receive attachments ● Customize emails with custom scribbles

• Who else started out with Gmail sole because of YouTube?3 Answers
  • Better than yahoo?46 Answers
  • Is gmail the only email service that you use or do you have other o...12 Answers
Reviews (1932)
  • "By far the best email provider that I was used throughout the years very easy to sign up and use and gives me great resources " in 7 reviews
  • "I love having my email with gmail, with this one app, I can sync all of my email accounts that work with google under this one app." in 5 reviews
  • "I can manage my school and personal emails on here and it notify a me every time I get an email so I'm always caught up." in 5 reviews
  • "Really good free online email service that incorporates google hangouts and drive and video chat which is good " in 5 reviews
  • "It is very user friendly and I can customize it to my liking. " in 4 reviews
E G.
E G.
Goshen, IN
I like gmail a lot! It's easy to use and it's free! It's a great option for people like me who want a more professional email address than the one they made on aol when they were 12...
It's also nice to have the app and be able to receive and send mail from your phone! I've only had a few problems with it. One problem I had was when I tried to send more than a few pictures at once through an email. Either my phone or the app wasn't able to handle it and it kept closing the app. I had to send the photos in two separate emails. Also, we have a few different accounts connected to our home computer. Sometimes after one person logs in and is then finished, gmail will not let the other accounts log in. Besides these things, gmail works great and I really like using it!
Cyndle T.
Cyndle T.
Huntsville, AL
Topping that of other email servers, Google Mail (Gmail) provides an easy to use interface and simplistic style that can be customized for individual tastes. The set up gives you the ability to separate important emails from friends, family, and coworkers from that of social media sites, or spam email into three tabs at the top of your screen. This allows you to see what's important to you first, and not have to weed out the rest you might not want to see all the time. I have been using Gmail since 2004 along with other email sites (aol, hotmail, yahoo, etc.) and Gmail still remains my favorite to this day.
Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.
Sterling Hts, MI
In my opinion, the best email app to use if you have a Gmail account. It shows all your mailboxes and labels the same way they show up on a desktop computer. Plus, when you swipe to clear an email it goes to the archive automatically instead of deleting - which is an important difference! Stuff in the archive sits there and can be opened again while deleted stuff is gone for good. Helpful when I'm out shopping and know I cleared a coupon from my inbox!
As long as I use my Google email I will continue to use the Gmail app rather than the stock app on my phone or tablet.
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Techie Expert
Having an iPhone and using a gmail account can sometimes be tricky so it's nice to have the option to have the gmail app to check all your mail and all the folders you may have set up that may not appear elsewhere. I recommend this app to anyone who has a gmail account as a good back up for making sure you are receiving all your emails if you primarily use your phone or tablet yo check you mail. I take off a star because it is difficult to log off and it can try to sync with any other google apps you may have even if you do not want it to.
Lisa K.
Lisa K.
Youngsville, PA
I have been using Gmail since it first came out... it must be almost 10 years now! I have always loved the easy to navigate layout, and they are continually adding more and more storage. You do not necessarily have to delete any emails, because they give you tons of storage. I also love the handy search button, for when I am looking for a particular email. Sometimes there are just too many to go through. I can search by the sender's name, or a keyword. I love Gmail!
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Palestine, TX
Of all the different email servers that I have ever used, and it is a lot, gmail is my favorite. They keep mail that they see that is important to you and put it on the main page. Promotions in another tab and social (like facebook notifications) in another tab. All are easily accessible on the front page of your email. Not only that, but for me, they have always been right about what email goes in which tab. It is so very convenient. I love it.
Carlee W.
Carlee W.
Nashville, Tn
We have to use google emails for college and I love it!! The set up is modern and easy to use, especially the app. You can make a ton of different folders to put specific emails in, which can be color coded as well. Have more than one email? There's room all on the app for easy access. I don't think I would be able to function if I didn't have this app on my phone for easy access. Love it!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Gmail has been my email of choice for over five years, and I'll stick with it forever. I've never had issues with my account being compromised, being hacked, or even having someone else try to log in - never had a spam issue or any other issues of any kind. The filters work really efficiently to keep junk out of my inbox, and I think the formatting and layout are just much more polished.
Jana L.
Jana L.
Exeter, NH
The debate between which web based email client is better it kind of like debating Pepsi vs Coke. Gmail stands out with its email/IM integration and attachment flexibility. Gmail allows very large attachments and that is a plus if you are sending large files or photos. Also, it is now considered the more professional email and companies are using it more and more. I highly recommend.
Yen T.
Yen T.
Not a day goes by that I don't log into my Gmail account. I love the conveniences that Google Hangout is incorporated into the email account. All of my conversations with my friends are synced to my google account. Not to mention that Google allows you to get your own Google Voice number which you can use it anywhere as long as you have WIFI connection. Def a fan!
Andrea L.
Andrea L.
Better than yahoo?
David S.
David S.
Arlington, VA
Has anyone used Google docs? I use Dropbox for work but am curious about how easy to use this offering from Google is.
Tamela F.
Tamela F.
Baltimore, MD
What do you love the best about Gmail?
Star S.
Star S.
Is gmail the only email service that you use or do you have other options that you prefer to use more?
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
Kingston, On
What's your fav feature about this app?