BY GLOW RECIPE #51 in Face Masks

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive

A skin-smoothing, radiance-boosting sleeping mask with watermelon and hyaluronic acid for post-facial results, all in one jar.

Solutions for: - Uneven skin tone - Dullness and uneven texture - Oiliness

If you want to know more…This luxuriously bouncy, breathable sleeping mask refreshingly hydrates, smooths, and perfects skin overnight with a revolutionary pillow-proof, transfer-proof formula. The oil-free, lightweight, glow-boosting hybrid is formulated with ultra-soothing watermelon extract, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and gentle AHAs that work while you sleep to tone and clarify roughened, dull complexions. AHAs smooth the surface of the skin by banishing dead, rough surface cells, clearing the path for ultra-effective, lasting hydration, while hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin for an incredibly nourished complexion. Skin is baby-soft and bright in the morning, effortlessly. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates Glow Recipe features the best of Korean beauty, founded by beauty industry experts Sarah Lee and Christine Chang. Over the years, Sarah and Christine met with thousands of customers, and again and again in these conversations, found women whose skincare needs were not met and whose lives simply didn't mesh with complicated, fussy routines. They tasked themselves with creating hybrid skincare that would simplify these needs while bringing to life everything they love about Korean skincare: innovation, excitement, and sensoriality. Glow Recipe skincare pairs the best Korean technologies with the results-forward backbone of Western beauty. The needs and know-how of two vastly different beauty cultures are at work in these products, creating a Korean-inspired routine that's perfectly distilled. Glow Recipe skincare is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free. This product is formulated without synthetic dyes and mineral oils.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "This stuff has CHANGED. THE. GAME. When I was finally able to get my hands on it on the Sephora website I was SO excited! I used it everyday after my cleanser, toner, and serum and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin. Like what?! I have supers sensitive and acne prone skin and my face LOVES this stuff. I've even seen a difference in my acne spots which I was not expecting! This is totally worth the money! Not only does it work like a dream, it smells AMAZING! And a little goes a long way!" in 24 reviews
Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
Where do I even begin with this product ? It is literally so amazing for SO many reasons. For one, it is SUPER hydrating. When I wake up my skin feels sooo soft. It also gives my skin a beautiful radiant glow. I have noticed that my skin tone overall seems a bit more even after using this stuff. It makes my makeup application easier because the skin is so soft and all the products are very bendable and look flawless!

The packaging is beautiful. It comes in a little glass jar. I purchase the small ones because it lasts me QUITE a while. A little bit truly goes a very long way. The smell is like a watermelon jolly rancher but it isn't over powering. If you aren't one for fragrances, the smell subsides fairly quickly. The product itself is almost like a watered down jelly consistency. When you apply it to the face it feels cold (not extremely and uncomfortably cold, but a nice comfortable cooling sensation). It dries quickly so you can put it on just before laying down (I normally wait anywhere from 5-10 minutes and I've never had a problem with the product transferring to my bedding).

Honestly, I can't even tell I have something on my face because it's so lightweight and it dries clear. It contains AHAs which help exfoliate the face which, I believe is one of the main reasons it works so well. Not to mention the watermelon extract that helps sooth irritated skin and helps with hydration. This stuff is so gentle I can use it daily without causing irritation or disturbing my skin.

I absolutely love this product and recommend it to anyone! Even if you have combination to oily skin. The formula is not overly greasy. It is perfection. I can't say enough good things about this product. It is amazing. If you haven't tried this yet you NEED to!

If you don't want to spend the $45, get the smaller jar. It lasts a lot longer than you would think. I will continue to purchase this product and will always recommend to anyone looking for a hydrating, brightening, and overall AMAZING sleeping mask.
Giovanna A.
Phoenix
I truly love this product but there is a reason why I took one star. I will get to that in a bit. I have been really into K-Beauty lately. I am 28, and while still considered "young" I have noticed a difference in my skin from 5 years ago. Some parts are more textured, etc. I decided to take care of my skin and my makeup, and everything look better. I was initially interested on this for the packaging, and because everyone said how good it smelled. Sephora had a kit that included the full size regular moisturizer and the small jar of this mask.
The small is amazing, I agree with other reviews that say it smells like a watermelon jolly rancher!, the scent goes away fairly quickly. I love that it gives a cool sensation when you just put it on, specially during the summer months in AZ. I sleep with it and by the next day, my skin feels great.
Now, there is one thing I notice, if I put this on my neck and chest area, for some reason it fakes and creates this weird dry patches the following morning. I noticed that some people had a similar experience on their face. It makes me wonder if maybe it has something to do with dead skin, maybe my face doesn't have as much deadskin because I exfoliate and use a lot of face treatments, but for my neck... i usually just clean with a brush and moisturize, it could also be the texture of the skin. I say that if you are having issues with it,  maybe try exfoliating first or doing a deep cleanse, it might be something else in the skin is reacting with the mask. Overall, I do love it for my face and will continue to use it. :)
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
I had to purchase this product simply because aside from a watermelon Lip Smackers I had when I was kid, you rarely ever see watermelon scented products. So the smell alone sucked me in. I had never used a sleep mask prior to this one. It is a nice, light gel texture that creates a comfortable, protective film over your skin. I feel like it really helps to seal in all of my other skincare products. It does have some mild AHAs in it, so if you are a Good Genes lover (like me), either alternate nights between this sleep mask and Good Genes or apply Good Genes in the morning. Since Good Genes tends to get my dead skin cells to pill a bit, I find it useless to use it during the day with foundation, so I opt to alternate nights. This sleep mask is super-gentle and my sensitive, combination skin has no qualms about using this lovely sleep mask. I wake up with glowing skin in the morning and it definitely helps keep my face smooth and texture free. It isn’t as strong of a workhorse as Good Genes, but it definitely lives up to its claims and I adore it. Even my fiancé can’t stop sneaking this into the end of his nightly skincare routine. I have gradually gotten him to use a cleanser, toner, eye cream, serum, and moisturizer. He still won’t budge on using face masks but hopefully since he enjoys this sleeping mask so much, he might finally be willing to do the occasional face mask with me as well. Fingers crossed.
Kayla C.
Yardley, PA
I've been using this mask every night for a week. I could not be more in love with it. It is a total HG for me and it has changed my skin radically in a week.

This mask contains AHAs which gently work on your skin over night. I didn't see results right away, but after about 5 nights of using this, my skin was MUCH softer, brighter & plumper. I use this mask as a sleeping pack and it is the last step of my night time skin care routine (cleanse, toner, oil, tx, moisturizer, mask). I recommend waiting about 5 minutes if you can after you apply your moisturizer before applying this.

The mask feels so luxurious on my face. It feels so smooth and silky. I enjoy putting this on every night. It also helps that the mask smells SO GOOD and the glass container that it is in is soooo aesthetically pleasing. It's beautiful, heavy glass. I also love that it comes with a little spatula for sanitary reasons.

You don't need a lot of product at all. I've even been putting this under my eyes and have noticed a huge difference in my dark circles. All you do it apply, wait for it to dry, fall asleep and then wash it off in the morning. It doesn't stain sheets at all and will only roll off a little bit but it barely comes off. I even sleep on my stomach and when I wake up, I can still feel the mask on my face.

I was a bit hesitant because of the price but is SO worth it!!! You only need a tiny bit and it will last me a while. You do have to stir it a little before applying it, but it's minimal. I don't think I could sleep without my sleeping mask! I'm so excited to wake up every day to see the changes in my skin.

For reference, I have combination skin, oily and congested TZone but no other skin concerns. I feel that it really controls my oil at night. I don't wake up oily, I just feel the silky smooth mask on my face!

DEFINITELY buy it!! My only complaint is that since it is so luxurious, it makes you want to upgrade all of your skin care to this quality!! There's a reason it has such a high review. It works so well!
Karina L.
New York
I almost bought the full size just based on reviews, and of course, because it's watermelon scented. I'm glad it became available as a sample on Sephora, because after trying for four nights, I'm not impressed. I am a fan of K-beauty, or K-anything for that matter, but this sleeping mask did nothing for me.

The first night, I applied a thick layer after washing my face. When I woke up the mask had flaked all over my hair and pillow, not to mention my skin was dry and peeling. And I have very oily skin! No amount of moisturizer, primer or concealer could hide the dry spots.

The next three nights I applied the mask over my usual moisturizer (Tatcha Water Cream). There was no difference between sleeping with or without the mask except for waking to the dried mask flakes everywhere.

So the mask did not work for me at all. The three stars are for the amazing and light watermelon fragrance, the nice cooling sensation when applying, and the beauty of the gel mask in its luxurious glass jar.
Samantha R.
I purchased the smaller travel version of this mask simply because of the price and size. I was too afraid to commit to the larger size since It is on the priceyer side.
This mask smells soooo good, I could literally lick my fingers. The smell isn’t overwhelming either. It’s the perfect combination of fresh and melon-y.
The texture is very gooey and booger like but trust me, It feels amazing on your skin.
It it feels refreshing and soft on impact. I have weird combination skin that is oily on the t zone and dry and flaky around the mouth/nose. Since using this mask I’ve noticed the flakes are starting to disappear.
If you seek hydration to make the skin the skin softer and more supple then this is the mask for you! Just beware, if you apply a thick enough layer (like most overnight masks) the mask will ball up on the sides of your face.
Allyson G.
Cupertino, CA
I guess I "fell for the hype" because the main reason I wanted to try this is because of all the influencers I'd seen talking about it. But I'd never tried a sleep mask before and was worried I'd get gunk all over my pillow and wouldn't be able to sleep. Then when I was in Sephora, there was this little Summer Favorites kit with four samples of stuff I'd wanted to try, and one of them was this product. It was love at first usage. The texture of this is so nice, really thin and slippery, and it sinks right into the skin so there's no stickiness or anything on your face after about a minute. But when you go to wash your face in the morning, it's definitely still there. It gives such a radiant glow to the face, and if I'm too tired or lazy to do a full skincare routine, I'll just slap this on before bed and I know I'll wake up looking flawless. It also smells really yummy, but not overpowering. I will definitely be buying the full size when my sample runs out (and it's lasted a good while, though of course I'm not using this every night).
Josephine G.
Arlington, VA
First off, let’s talk about how cute the packaging is! I absolutely adore the water colored water melon on the outside and the directions on how to use the mask two different ways. If I’m going to drop almost $50 on a 2.7 oz mask, I’m glad I can use it as more than just a sleep mask. I the the surprise pop of color on the inside, bravo design team!

Now the product itself- AMAZING! I the little spoon is really handy to scoop out every last bit when you get to end of your jars life. The mask smells like a watermelon jolly rancher, smooth and cool when putting it on the skin. I didn’t feel sticky while sleeping in it like I do with some sleep mask. My only wish is that the product was bigger. It’s such a nice mask for summer,I will definitely be buying this again!
Daniela K.
Westport
One of my favorite masks to this day. From time to time, I used charcoal masks, mud masks, and a minty cool masks – and I have yet to find a mask like the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask until now. It's very lightweight, feel-good, and refreshing. The packaging is super cute, making it a great gift for yourself or others. It is definitely pricey, and I have yet to decide whether it's worth the cost or not. I was gifted it and absolutely love it, but $45 is a lot for me to spend on a moisturizing mask. It IS very nice, and does do more than just moisturize - it works to reduce redness and gently exfoliates to even and brighten your complexion - and in that sense, I do believe it's worth it for those who on the lookout for a new pre-bed skincare treatment.
Eliza R.
Reisterstown, MD
As a lover of Korean beauty brands (and a supporter of Asian brands in general), I was super excited about this product. I've been meaning to try the Glow Recipe's Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask for a while since it started appearing on the dressers and bathroom counters of all my favorite beauty and style bloggers. First, the amazing smell. It smells fruity and sweet, just like watermelon candy. Second, it feels luxurious on your skin. You can use it as a sleeping mask on top of your other serums to nourish your skin during the night but you can also apply a generous amount to your face, leave it on for about 10-20 minutes and then rinse it off if your skin needs a boost of hydration before your morning routine. The texture is somewhere between a gel and an oil. I've never felt anything quite like it before. It helps with acne and keeps your pores clean and since I like masks that keep my skin plump and soft so this is definitely going to be a mainstay in my bathroom.
Corinne C.
Fairfield, CA
Will the product transfer to my pillowcases/sheets?
Danielle B.
Warwick, RI
This looks and sounds awesome!!! Do you guys recommend it?!?!
Ashley S.
Havelock, NC
What, in your opinion is the best sleeping mask? I want the Watermelon one, I don’t know the exact name but I’ll tag it. I’m trying to find more skin care products, I know I want the leneige lip sleeping mask, but I want a facial one too :) Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping MaskLANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask
Ke'sa D.
Detroit, MI
Is this like a over night moisture cream or will I have to wash this mask off in the morning?
Jasmina P.
I'm debating between this mask and the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. Which one would you recommend? Please be honest!