BY GLOSSYBOX #6 in Websites

• Boxycharm, glossybox, ipsy, or birchbox? Which is best?6 Answers
  • What is the subscription service about, and is it worth the price?1 Answers
  • Never heard of glossarybox. What is it? How much is the cost?1 Answers
Glossybox
  • "First Im surprised at all the people saying GLOSSYBOX is too expensive-I pay $21/month for the past two years and every box I've received has been worth at least double and as much as 4Xs that-the Dec '14 box had all FULL size products worth over $100!!" in 19 reviews
  • "is ok ipsy is much better i love there bag instead of just a box as well as i feel they dont give you as many high end brands " in 17 reviews
  • "I did not receive my box (classic glossybox as the April theme had sold out) until a month later and there customer service is literally impossible to contact via phone and the emails I received were very generic and never answered my questions fully." in 15 reviews
  • "While I do really enjoy getting this box every month and the quality of the products you receive is quite high, the shipping is dreadfully slow." in 14 reviews
  • "Love this subscription box have received two so far and can't rave enough, it's a good way to try products that you normally wouldn't buy on your own." in 12 reviews
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
I had a subscription for Glossybox for about a year before I cut ties with them. For $21 a month (including shipping) you received a curated box that contains 5-6 beauty products (deluxe samples to full size). You’ll get a variety of make up, hair and skincare products, and always a perfume sample is included. Personally, I can do without perfume samples - I rather a make up tool like a brush or lash curler. I’m very specific about what perfumes I wear - I’m not the type that can just slap on any scent; a lot of perfumes depending on the scent will give me headaches. Again, personal preference. I decided to ultimately cut ties with Glossybox when the items in the box were more hair & skin, and less make up.. which for me personally, was disappointing cause I wanted mostly makeup since that’s where my passion lies. But if you’re someone who is into anything beauty related, this is a great monthly box! I just wanted something more specific and I wasn’t getting that from Glossybox.
Alana C.
I was really trying to decide whether to give this a 3 or 4 stars.. 3.5! I am obsessed with beauty boxes and I was excited for this one, but honestly this came as a disappointment! This box costs just as much as my other fave beauty box (Boxycharm) and Boxycharm and gives full sized items... This box came with samples and very tiny travel sized items that were, yes, kind of good brands... But I personally feel like this is just kinda a ripoff. The items just didn't feel like it was worth what you were paying for the box (when others exceed the price of their boxes)... I just wouldn't recommend unless you've tried all other boxes and you're looking for something new. Subscription box wise, I suggest Ipsy and Boxycharm.
Tammy R.
After waiting a month and a half, and sending about a dozen emails to the sorriest excuse ever for what somehow passes as customer "support" I finally got my box but in a different month. I cancelled for the poor service alone. At least Ipsy won't take 2 weeks to reply nor copy & paste a generic response. Verdict on the box is yes, you get your monies worth or at least I did since I had a 50% off coupon code and it only cost $10.50. Hence the 2 stars vs. One. Another bone to pick...I seriously doubt items are tailored to any particular beauty profile...I got 2 haircare products for "Fine, limp hair" when what I should've received had anyone bothered reading mine was something made for thick, dry/frizzy hair. 😐No point in a sub if they send out stuff you can't use, right? So all in all, I wasn't that impressed. Trying Boxycharm next.👌
Lindsay S.
Rochelle, GA
I received the GlossyBox for about 6 months before cancelling my subscription. I only cancelled because I really didn’t have the money to keep spending on it. GlossyBox cost me $20 a month.

There are pros and cons to the GlossyBox. Pros include that many of the products are full size. It’s actually a very good subscription for people who like luxury makeup brands. I found my very favorite lipliner ever in one of my GlossyBoxes. I went out and purchased one when I ran out of the one I got in my box.

The cons are obviously the price. $20 a month is a lot when you don’t know what you’re getting and may get something you don’t like. Most subscription boxes are $10, but this one is more expensive because of the amount of full size products, along with the range of luxury products that are included. Another con is that many of the brands that come in the box you may have never even heard of and may not be nearly as interested in as some more affordable brands.

Overall, the GlossyBox was a good subscription box, it just didn’t fit my personal wants. I would recommend it to someone who knows they can afford it and is willing to try new brands, especially luxury ones.
member-5f298
If I could give it zero stars I would. Unethical business practices!! I signed up on July 29 for a 3 month subscription. I received a box in August, one in September, and one in October. In October I was sent an email thanking me for renewing my subscription and $58.50 was taken out of my bank account. When I emailed them on October 11th  telling them I was not renewing my subscription, that I actually wanted to cancel my subscription, and wanted my money refunded they said per their policy I needed to cancel before the 15th of the month to get a refund. I emailed again explaining that since my initial subscription didn't end until the end of October and I contacted them on the 11th I should be able to get a refund. I was then told per their policy I only have 30 days to report a box missing. I emailed them a third time telling them that I wasn't missing a box, I received all three of the boxes I paid for. They emailed me back saying I should have gotten a box in July, August, and September. So, the October box is actually the first box in my new subscription. They never attempted to send me a July box, I never received an email saying my July box was being sent (like I did for the other months) so I had no idea I needed to report it missing.
Regiene P.
I really don’t like this box. Actually I cancelled this box just yesterday. I signed up for this box because of the promo like 15$ per month and I even bought the CEW Limited edition box, which doesn’t seem limited at all. I don’t know where to start... I waited for a VERY long time before receiving my first box and the CEW Limited Edition box. It is ridiculous. Oh, and a few products inside looked awful. The Freeman Mask looked like it was opened with a smudge when you open it, the boxes of two or three products were smashed. I contacted customer service and they told me that it is in their decision to not replace my products. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. My September box arrived in October and I wasn’t happy about that too. For some reason my November Box arrived early, maybe they feel bad about my past boxes for arriving late, I don’t know. I decided to cancel it since I am not happy with the products anyhow. They seem unthoughtful, if there is a word.
Eva H.
Inver Grove, MN
I have been with glossybox for well over a year right now, and when I first started out the boxes were wonderful. I noticed the changes when they started discounting boxes to $10 and the summer special of 3 boxes for $21. The products have become subpar, they are constantly changing the wording on their website as people complain about sample size products. It use to be a guarantee of 3 full size products, then they changed it to 2, last time I checked there was no guarantee. I am just so disappointed in my pictures below left is my most current, and the other two are ones before summer started. Stark differences.
Samantha M.
Enosburg Fls, VT
Absolutely loving it. Beautiful products. Discounts. Pretty box & ribbon. I'll be a customer for a longgg time. Thanks a bunch!
LAQA Cheeky Lip Makeup
[product:tarte-tarteist-brow-gel]
[product:kat-von-d-sinner-eau-de-parfum]
& Nature Queen Beauty Shampoo & Conditioner.
Also, EE Green Tea Primer.
I'm absolutely in love with the shampoo & conditioner. I used it once and it does wonders for my hair. I am surely buying it. & the Green Tea Primer works amazing too.
I love, love, love receiving these products every month. I'm totally psyched. It's a little treat for myself & I get to see and test new products each month.

#GiftCrush #contest @Influenster
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
I'm coming to the end of a discount period, and I'm not sure I'll be continuing long after that (depends on how well I like Lola Beauty Box). That said, I have enjoyed the boxes I've received so far. They are a nice mix of makeup, skincare, and hair care; most the products are full or close to full size; and I've been introduced to a few new things that I like. That said, there have also been some dismal failures, but I think that's pretty standard for any box. I recommend Glossy for anyone who's tired of waiting on the  Boxycharm wait list but wants more makeup related items and larger sizes than  Birchbox . The boxes are pretty standard for all recipients, so don't expect the customization you're supposed to get from boxes like  iPSY or Sephora Play. The price point is good, and the box always exceeds it in value.
Tayla M.
I'm only giving glossy box four stars because I felt that near the end of when I was subscribed the comibination of products wasn't that great. Glossybox always has it's really good months and when those role around I definitely still wish I was subscribed. September, December and then April/May box for Mother's Day are always SUPER nice. All in all I really liked it and I liked that you get the personalized aspect it's one of the only boxes I feel that does it remotely successfully. But I think that if you want a good mix (beauty skincare, tools) Glossy is great if you want more makeup heavy items, Boxycharm is the way to go. But all in all still loved getting my pink box every month when it came.
ruth e.
Stockton, CA
Is glossy box worth the amount paid? Does anyone have any others worth trying?
Tina F.
I recently became a subscriber. Does anyone else know if it is worth the price?
Gloria M.
Compton, CA
Pop Culture Expert
Im looking for a good beauty box. how satisfied are most of you with this subscription?
Krystal J.
Edmonton, AB
Boxycharm, glossybox, ipsy, or birchbox? Which is best?
Lindsay K.
Winnipeg, MB
Pop Culture Expert
I've been watching tons of YouTube videos. Is this box the best one to subscribe to? Any other suggestions.