Top Questions See all 281 Q&A
- "First Im surprised at all the people saying GLOSSYBOX is too expensive-I pay $21/month for the past two years and every box I've received has been worth at least double and as much as 4Xs that-the Dec '14 box had all FULL size products worth over $100!!" in 19 reviews
- "I did not receive my box (classic glossybox as the April theme had sold out) until a month later and there customer service is literally impossible to contact via phone and the emails I received were very generic and never answered my questions fully." in 15 reviews
- "While I do really enjoy getting this box every month and the quality of the products you receive is quite high, the shipping is dreadfully slow." in 14 reviews
- "Love this subscription box have received two so far and can't rave enough, it's a good way to try products that you normally wouldn't buy on your own." in 12 reviews
- "Oh GlossyBox I've been so tempted to breakup with you so many times-and then you come up with an amazing box and I'm sucked in again...So $21 a month for approx 5 deluxe samples or full sized products, usually high end." in 9 reviews
There are pros and cons to the GlossyBox. Pros include that many of the products are full size. It’s actually a very good subscription for people who like luxury makeup brands. I found my very favorite lipliner ever in one of my GlossyBoxes. I went out and purchased one when I ran out of the one I got in my box.
The cons are obviously the price. $20 a month is a lot when you don’t know what you’re getting and may get something you don’t like. Most subscription boxes are $10, but this one is more expensive because of the amount of full size products, along with the range of luxury products that are included. Another con is that many of the brands that come in the box you may have never even heard of and may not be nearly as interested in as some more affordable brands.
Overall, the GlossyBox was a good subscription box, it just didn’t fit my personal wants. I would recommend it to someone who knows they can afford it and is willing to try new brands, especially luxury ones.
The contents can be hit or miss. Some months are really great and others seem thrown together. They include more indulgent spa-like products and products from abroad. There does seem to be more of an emphasis on skincare than makeup and they also include quite a bit of haircare in their boxes. The products can range from sample size to deluxe size to full size. I particularly like Glossybox’s special edition boxes (particularly their Mother’s Day and Holiday boxes which they do annually). Those almost always just have full-size products and the products tie in together and are of even better quality than their usual monthly boxes.
Glossybox isn’t one of those boxes I would stay continually subscribed to but is more the kind of box I will order from time to time.
what’s inside?✨ :
- form beauty 3 in 1 lotion ( full size $32 )
- figs and rouge soft focus pore perfect HD + matte veil ( full size $35)
-cover fx perfect pencil concealer ( $20)
- De Bruyére Beauté jumbo eye pencil ( $18 shade bubble 07)
- morgan taylor professional nail lacquer ( $9.50)
Free product ; freeman charcoal cleaning mask ( $8)
Cons: Expensive at $21 compared to Allure Beauty Box at $15. Too many hair products and fragranced products. Obscure brands. Not enough makeup. Makeup colors are not tailored to the subscriber's skin-tone as they are with iPSY . My least favorite products were the john masters organics Body Wash, Geranium & Grapefruit, 8 oz John Masters Organics geranium and Grapefruit Body Wash and the Morgan Taylor Nail Polish . I prefer to pay less for a box with only sample sizes.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos