BY GLOSSYBOX #12 in Websites

• Boxycharm, glossybox, ipsy, or birchbox? Which is best?6 Answers
  • What is the subscription service about, and is it worth the price?1 Answers
  • Never heard of glossarybox. What is it? How much is the cost?1 Answers
Glossybox
  • "First Im surprised at all the people saying GLOSSYBOX is too expensive-I pay $21/month for the past two years and every box I've received has been worth at least double and as much as 4Xs that-the Dec '14 box had all FULL size products worth over $100!!" in 19 reviews
  • "I did not receive my box (classic glossybox as the April theme had sold out) until a month later and there customer service is literally impossible to contact via phone and the emails I received were very generic and never answered my questions fully." in 15 reviews
  • "While I do really enjoy getting this box every month and the quality of the products you receive is quite high, the shipping is dreadfully slow." in 14 reviews
  • "Love this subscription box have received two so far and can't rave enough, it's a good way to try products that you normally wouldn't buy on your own." in 12 reviews
  • "Oh GlossyBox I've been so tempted to breakup with you so many times-and then you come up with an amazing box and I'm sucked in again...So $21 a month for approx 5 deluxe samples or full sized products, usually high end." in 9 reviews
Bonnie R.
Los Angeles
This is the third time that I have tried Glossybox, signing up for a 3 month subscription. I am not sure why I keep signing up for a subscription (probably because they are having a special.) Anyhow, this will be the last time that I subscribe. I get many different subscription boxes and I usually like almost everything in them. However, with Glossybox, I am always disappointed with one of the major items. For example, let me discuss the most recent box I received for December: I received a Makeupdrop silicon blender (I have to say that I am excited to try this item), Krylolan eye shadow primer (I am okay with this as I am always looking for a product to keep my eyeshadow on longer.) The enthusiasm for this box ends there; I received a Laura Geller easy illuminating stick ( I cant believe I am receiving another highlighter type product. I must have 30 of them from all the different subscription boxes I have-STOP!!) The box included an I-Line 24-7 eyeliner in platinum blonde??? (when am I ever going to wear this color? Once a year, when I go out on New Years, but then I have the silver one from last year!) The final item is the one that pushed me in to the decision to cancel-Show's Curl Enhancing Lotion (a full size valued at $45.) But I have straight hair and everyone I know either gets their hair blown straight or a Brazilian. If Glossybox is going to include products that are so slated to only 50% of the population, they should include an option to chose one of the items (similar to fit fab fun) or have a more neutral product. I rated this box 3 stars, because if you liked everything in the box, it is a good value at $21, the pink packing box is cute and well made and can be used to store lots of goodies and I did like a couple of the items

Lindsay S.
Rochelle, GA
I received the GlossyBox for about 6 months before cancelling my subscription. I only cancelled because I really didn’t have the money to keep spending on it. GlossyBox cost me $20 a month.

There are pros and cons to the GlossyBox. Pros include that many of the products are full size. It’s actually a very good subscription for people who like luxury makeup brands. I found my very favorite lipliner ever in one of my GlossyBoxes. I went out and purchased one when I ran out of the one I got in my box.

The cons are obviously the price. $20 a month is a lot when you don’t know what you’re getting and may get something you don’t like. Most subscription boxes are $10, but this one is more expensive because of the amount of full size products, along with the range of luxury products that are included. Another con is that many of the brands that come in the box you may have never even heard of and may not be nearly as interested in as some more affordable brands.

Overall, the GlossyBox was a good subscription box, it just didn’t fit my personal wants. I would recommend it to someone who knows they can afford it and is willing to try new brands, especially luxury ones.
Tammy R.
After waiting a month and a half, and sending about a dozen emails to the sorriest excuse ever for what somehow passes as customer "support" I finally got my box but in a different month. I cancelled for the poor service alone. At least Ipsy won't take 2 weeks to reply nor copy & paste a generic response. Verdict on the box is yes, you get your monies worth or at least I did since I had a 50% off coupon code and it only cost $10.50. Hence the 2 stars vs. One. Another bone to pick...I seriously doubt items are tailored to any particular beauty profile...I got 2 haircare products for "Fine, limp hair" when what I should've received had anyone bothered reading mine was something made for thick, dry/frizzy hair. 😐No point in a sub if they send out stuff you can't use, right? So all in all, I wasn't that impressed. Trying Boxycharm next.👌
Christine N.
I really like Glossybox’s packaging. Their standard pink box is nice, but their special occasion or seasonal ones are really lovely. And everything comes with matching tissue, a ribbon and a sticker. Glossybox has the best packaging in the business and is really giftable because of this.

The contents can be hit or miss. Some months are really great and others seem thrown together. They include more indulgent spa-like products and products from abroad. There does seem to be more of an emphasis on skincare than makeup and they also include quite a bit of haircare in their boxes. The products can range from sample size to deluxe size to full size. I particularly like Glossybox’s special edition boxes (particularly their Mother’s Day and Holiday boxes which they do annually). Those almost always just have full-size products and the products tie in together and are of even better quality than their usual monthly boxes.

Glossybox isn’t one of those boxes I would stay continually subscribed to but is more the kind of box I will order from time to time.
skylar p.
hagerstown
subscription : glossybox $22
what’s inside?✨ :
- form beauty 3 in 1 lotion ( full size $32 )
- figs and rouge soft focus pore perfect HD + matte veil ( full size $35)
-cover fx perfect pencil concealer ( $20)
- De Bruyére Beauté jumbo eye pencil ( $18 shade bubble 07)
- morgan taylor professional nail lacquer ( $9.50)
Free product ; freeman charcoal cleaning mask ( $8)
member-5f298
If I could give it zero stars I would. Unethical business practices!! I signed up on July 29 for a 3 month subscription. I received a box in August, one in September, and one in October. In October I was sent an email thanking me for renewing my subscription and $58.50 was taken out of my bank account. When I emailed them on October 11th  telling them I was not renewing my subscription, that I actually wanted to cancel my subscription, and wanted my money refunded they said per their policy I needed to cancel before the 15th of the month to get a refund. I emailed again explaining that since my initial subscription didn't end until the end of October and I contacted them on the 11th I should be able to get a refund. I was then told per their policy I only have 30 days to report a box missing. I emailed them a third time telling them that I wasn't missing a box, I received all three of the boxes I paid for. They emailed me back saying I should have gotten a box in July, August, and September. So, the October box is actually the first box in my new subscription. They never attempted to send me a July box, I never received an email saying my July box was being sent (like I did for the other months) so I had no idea I needed to report it missing.
Maggie R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I received two monthly Glossyboxes before canceling my subscription because I was dissatisfied with the types of products. Out of the 10 products I received I was only interested in trying 4.Pros: Cute pink packaging. Sturdily constructed box can be re-used for storage purposes. Products arrive attractively arranged in the box. Favorite products include the Doucce Lip Definer in February 2018 and the the Cover FX Perfect Pencil from March 2018.

Cons: Expensive at $21 compared to Allure Beauty Box at $15. Too many hair products and fragranced products. Obscure brands. Not enough makeup. Makeup colors are not tailored to the subscriber's skin-tone as they are with iPSY . My least favorite products were the john masters organics Body Wash, Geranium & Grapefruit, 8 oz John Masters Organics geranium and Grapefruit Body Wash and the Morgan Taylor Nail Polish . I prefer to pay less for a box with only sample sizes.
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
I had a subscription for Glossybox for about a year before I cut ties with them. For $21 a month (including shipping) you received a curated box that contains 5-6 beauty products (deluxe samples to full size). You’ll get a variety of make up, hair and skincare products, and always a perfume sample is included. Personally, I can do without perfume samples - I rather a make up tool like a brush or lash curler. I’m very specific about what perfumes I wear - I’m not the type that can just slap on any scent; a lot of perfumes depending on the scent will give me headaches. Again, personal preference. I decided to ultimately cut ties with Glossybox when the items in the box were more hair & skin, and less make up.. which for me personally, was disappointing cause I wanted mostly makeup since that’s where my passion lies. But if you’re someone who is into anything beauty related, this is a great monthly box! I just wanted something more specific and I wasn’t getting that from Glossybox.
Tayla M.
['Chicago', 'IL'], IL
I'm only giving glossy box four stars because I felt that near the end of when I was subscribed the comibination of products wasn't that great. Glossybox always has it's really good months and when those role around I definitely still wish I was subscribed. September, December and then April/May box for Mother's Day are always SUPER nice. All in all I really liked it and I liked that you get the personalized aspect it's one of the only boxes I feel that does it remotely successfully. But I think that if you want a good mix (beauty skincare, tools) Glossy is great if you want more makeup heavy items, Boxycharm is the way to go. But all in all still loved getting my pink box every month when it came.
Eva H.
Inver Grove, MN
I have been with glossybox for well over a year right now, and when I first started out the boxes were wonderful. I noticed the changes when they started discounting boxes to $10 and the summer special of 3 boxes for $21. The products have become subpar, they are constantly changing the wording on their website as people complain about sample size products. It use to be a guarantee of 3 full size products, then they changed it to 2, last time I checked there was no guarantee. I am just so disappointed in my pictures below left is my most current, and the other two are ones before summer started. Stark differences.
ruth e.
Stockton, CA
Is glossy box worth the amount paid? Does anyone have any others worth trying?
Tina F.
I recently became a subscriber. Does anyone else know if it is worth the price?
Gloria M.
Compton, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Im looking for a good beauty box. how satisfied are most of you with this subscription?
Krystal J.
Edmonton, AB
Boxycharm, glossybox, ipsy, or birchbox? Which is best?
Diana S.
Long Beach , Ca
Are the products really worth it? Are they high end brands? Is it worth it? Do you recommend end it?