BY GLOSSYBOX #17 in Websites

• Boxycharm, glossybox, ipsy, or birchbox? Which is best?8 Answers
  • What is the subscription service about, and is it worth t...1 Answers
  • Never heard of glossarybox. What is it? How much is the c...1 Answers
Glossybox
  • "First Im surprised at all the people saying GLOSSYBOX is too expensive-I pay $21/month for the past two years and every box I've received has been worth at least double and as much as 4Xs that-the Dec '14 box had all FULL size products worth over $100!!" in 19 reviews
  • "I did not receive my box (classic glossybox as the April theme had sold out) until a month later and there customer service is literally impossible to contact via phone and the emails I received were very generic and never answered my questions fully." in 15 reviews
  • "While I do really enjoy getting this box every month and the quality of the products you receive is quite high, the shipping is dreadfully slow." in 14 reviews
  • "Love this subscription box have received two so far and can't rave enough, it's a good way to try products that you normally wouldn't buy on your own." in 12 reviews
  • "Oh GlossyBox I've been so tempted to breakup with you so many times-and then you come up with an amazing box and I'm sucked in again...So $21 a month for approx 5 deluxe samples or full sized products, usually high end." in 9 reviews
Bonnie R.
Los Angeles
This is the third time that I have tried Glossybox, signing up for a 3 month subscription. I am not sure why I keep signing up for a subscription (probably because they are having a special.) Anyhow, this will be the last time that I subscribe. I get many different subscription boxes and I usually like almost everything in them. However, with Glossybox, I am always disappointed with one of the major items. For example, let me discuss the most recent box I received for December: I received a Makeupdrop silicon blender (I have to say that I am excited to try this item), Krylolan eye shadow primer (I am okay with this as I am always looking for a product to keep my eyeshadow on longer.) The enthusiasm for this box ends there; I received a Laura Geller easy illuminating stick ( I cant believe I am receiving another highlighter type product. I must have 30 of them from all the different subscription boxes I have-STOP!!) The box included an I-Line 24-7 eyeliner in platinum blonde??? (when am I ever going to wear this color? Once a year, when I go out on New Years, but then I have the silver one from last year!) The final item is the one that pushed me in to the decision to cancel-Show's Curl Enhancing Lotion (a full size valued at $45.) But I have straight hair and everyone I know either gets their hair blown straight or a Brazilian. If Glossybox is going to include products that are so slated to only 50% of the population, they should include an option to chose one of the items (similar to fit fab fun) or have a more neutral product. I rated this box 3 stars, because if you liked everything in the box, it is a good value at $21, the pink packing box is cute and well made and can be used to store lots of goodies and I did like a couple of the items

Lindsay S.
Rochelle, GA
I received the GlossyBox for about 6 months before cancelling my subscription. I only cancelled because I really didn’t have the money to keep spending on it. GlossyBox cost me $20 a month.

There are pros and cons to the GlossyBox. Pros include that many of the products are full size. It’s actually a very good subscription for people who like luxury makeup brands. I found my very favorite lipliner ever in one of my GlossyBoxes. I went out and purchased one when I ran out of the one I got in my box.

The cons are obviously the price. $20 a month is a lot when you don’t know what you’re getting and may get something you don’t like. Most subscription boxes are $10, but this one is more expensive because of the amount of full size products, along with the range of luxury products that are included. Another con is that many of the brands that come in the box you may have never even heard of and may not be nearly as interested in as some more affordable brands.

Overall, the GlossyBox was a good subscription box, it just didn’t fit my personal wants. I would recommend it to someone who knows they can afford it and is willing to try new brands, especially luxury ones.
Tammy R.
After waiting a month and a half, and sending about a dozen emails to the sorriest excuse ever for what somehow passes as customer "support" I finally got my box but in a different month. I cancelled for the poor service alone. At least Ipsy won't take 2 weeks to reply nor copy & paste a generic response. Verdict on the box is yes, you get your monies worth or at least I did since I had a 50% off coupon code and it only cost $10.50. Hence the 2 stars vs. One. Another bone to pick...I seriously doubt items are tailored to any particular beauty profile...I got 2 haircare products for "Fine, limp hair" when what I should've received had anyone bothered reading mine was something made for thick, dry/frizzy hair. 😐No point in a sub if they send out stuff you can't use, right? So all in all, I wasn't that impressed. Trying Boxycharm next.👌
member-5f298
If I could give it zero stars I would. Unethical business practices!! I signed up on July 29 for a 3 month subscription. I received a box in August, one in September, and one in October. In October I was sent an email thanking me for renewing my subscription and $58.50 was taken out of my bank account. When I emailed them on October 11th  telling them I was not renewing my subscription, that I actually wanted to cancel my subscription, and wanted my money refunded they said per their policy I needed to cancel before the 15th of the month to get a refund. I emailed again explaining that since my initial subscription didn't end until the end of October and I contacted them on the 11th I should be able to get a refund. I was then told per their policy I only have 30 days to report a box missing. I emailed them a third time telling them that I wasn't missing a box, I received all three of the boxes I paid for. They emailed me back saying I should have gotten a box in July, August, and September. So, the October box is actually the first box in my new subscription. They never attempted to send me a July box, I never received an email saying my July box was being sent (like I did for the other months) so I had no idea I needed to report it missing.
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
I had a subscription for Glossybox for about a year before I cut ties with them. For $21 a month (including shipping) you received a curated box that contains 5-6 beauty products (deluxe samples to full size). You’ll get a variety of make up, hair and skincare products, and always a perfume sample is included. Personally, I can do without perfume samples - I rather a make up tool like a brush or lash curler. I’m very specific about what perfumes I wear - I’m not the type that can just slap on any scent; a lot of perfumes depending on the scent will give me headaches. Again, personal preference. I decided to ultimately cut ties with Glossybox when the items in the box were more hair & skin, and less make up.. which for me personally, was disappointing cause I wanted mostly makeup since that’s where my passion lies. But if you’re someone who is into anything beauty related, this is a great monthly box! I just wanted something more specific and I wasn’t getting that from Glossybox.
Tayla M.
I'm only giving glossy box four stars because I felt that near the end of when I was subscribed the comibination of products wasn't that great. Glossybox always has it's really good months and when those role around I definitely still wish I was subscribed. September, December and then April/May box for Mother's Day are always SUPER nice. All in all I really liked it and I liked that you get the personalized aspect it's one of the only boxes I feel that does it remotely successfully. But I think that if you want a good mix (beauty skincare, tools) Glossy is great if you want more makeup heavy items, Boxycharm is the way to go. But all in all still loved getting my pink box every month when it came.
Sara M.
Lexington, VA
I really like Glossybox. You always get full sized items. You get a good variety of skin care, hair care and makeup. The value of the box is always veru high compared to what you pay for the monthly box. Glossybox is one of my favorites. I always discover new products I have not heard of before. Its easy to earn glossy bucks on the site towards a future purchase too!
Eva H.
Inver Grove, MN
I have been with glossybox for well over a year right now, and when I first started out the boxes were wonderful. I noticed the changes when they started discounting boxes to $10 and the summer special of 3 boxes for $21. The products have become subpar, they are constantly changing the wording on their website as people complain about sample size products. It use to be a guarantee of 3 full size products, then they changed it to 2, last time I checked there was no guarantee. I am just so disappointed in my pictures below left is my most current, and the other two are ones before summer started. Stark differences.
Samantha M.
Enosburg Fls, VT
Absolutely loving it. Beautiful products. Discounts. Pretty box & ribbon. I'll be a customer for a longgg time. Thanks a bunch!
LAQA Cheeky Lip Makeup
[product:tarte-tarteist-brow-gel]
Kat Von D Sinner Eau de Parfum
& Nature Queen Beauty Shampoo & Conditioner.
Also, EE Green Tea Primer.
I'm absolutely in love with the shampoo & conditioner. I used it once and it does wonders for my hair. I am surely buying it. & the Green Tea Primer works amazing too.
I love, love, love receiving these products every month. I'm totally psyched. It's a little treat for myself & I get to see and test new products each month.

#GiftCrush #contest @Influenster
Diane V.
Glossybox is a monthly subscription it is $21 a month you receive 4 - 5 full size or deluxe size items. The packaging is amazing, the products are good I have used all I have received and they are worth more than the cost of the box. If you want a box that is more skin care this is the box for you. You can cancel anytime without a cancellation fee. If you cancel after the 14th of the month you will receive the following months box, so cancel before the 14th.
ruth e.
Stockton, CA
Is glossy box worth the amount paid? Does anyone have any others worth trying?
Tina F.
I recently became a subscriber. Does anyone else know if it is worth the price?
Krystal J.
Edmonton, AB
Boxycharm, glossybox, ipsy, or birchbox? Which is best?
Gloria M.
Compton, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Im looking for a good beauty box. how satisfied are most of you with this subscription?
Diana S.
Long Beach , Ca
Are the products really worth it? Are they high end brands? Is it worth it? Do you recommend end it?