BY GLOSSIER #3 in Skin Treatments

Unlike physical exfoliators that scrape off the surface of your skin, Solution gently sloughs dead cells away through chemical exfoliation, dissolving the bonds gluing problematic dead cells to the healthy skin beneath. With daily use, expect cleared acne and blackheads, smaller pores, and reduced redness. Skin’s texture will be smoother and softer, and the fabled glow of balanced, healthy skin will be in full force. Solution contains a particular blend of three acid actives for maximum efficacy: Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), and Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA). Acids are your friend. Here’s the proof:

In a clinical trial of Solution daily users, 3 out of 4 people said...

After 24 Hours

Skin felt cleaner and softer; they felt Solution working right after they applied it.

After 1 Week

Skin looked smoother, brighter, and clearer.

After 2 Weeks

Pores were smaller and skin looked glowy; Solution reduced blackheads including around the nose.

After 3 Weeks

Solution unclogged pores and reduced redness; skin was more even.

After 4 Weeks

• 7 out of 10 people said skin looked transformed.
  • 3 out of 4 people said this was the solution they were looking for.
  • In a poll of Solution daily users with acne-prone skin, 94% said their skin was clearer.

Lactic Acid

AHA that visibly reduces acne and dark spots.

Glycolic Acid

Brightening AHA that breaks water bonds attaching dead cells to skin, improving tone and texture.

Salicylic Acid

BHA that reduces acne and unclogs pores by breaking oil bonds attaching dead cells to skin.

Gluconolactone

PHA that exfoliates while moisturizing and conditioning.

Anti-Stress Complex

Ultra-soothing aloe, hydrating glycerin, and calming niacinamide

How to use:

Once a day after cleansing, press cotton pad on top of dispenser and pump down to saturate. Sweep pad across face and neck. Allow a moment for Solution to absorb into skin. Follow with moisturizer and daily sunscreen.

Monserrat L.
Glossier’s The Solution saved my skin!! I broke out really bad, the worst I have ever broken out. It was all over my chin and forehead, so I decided to give this a try. The packaging is so pretty and I like the pump dispenser it has. It doesn’t burn but it does sting a little if you have open acne. But it quickly goes away. I used it daily at night and felt that this was really effective. After the first week I could already see a difference. My acne was clearing up and my skin texture seemed to be improving. The reason I didn’t give 5 stars is because I felt that after the 5th week of using it, my skin had hit a plateau. I still get small breakouts and my pores still need a little extra help. I still use it, now almost 4 months later. One bottle will last you a pretty long time! I feel like it helps control my acne a bit, but is no longer doing anything else for my skin. However, I do recommend it because it helped my skin tremendously in the beginning. Glossier Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfector
Eva K.
A solution, indeed! This acid toner preps the skin for serums (like all good acid toners do), but it doesn’t leave your face and decolletage feeling parched or tight. It balances your skin’s pH levels, tightens pores, kills acne, and is surprisingly hydrating. My sensitive, reactive skin loves it. As a bonus, it eradicated a cystic monster that was forming under my skin. (Remember that random, awful hormonal breakout I mentioned? At the tail end of it, a new creeper showed up. Glossier Solution, along with Kate Somerville EradiKate, destroyed it in 2 days!) So, naturally, for that reason alone, I am a fan. Plus, the packaging is super cute, super pink, and has a very hygienic pump dispenser.The only drawback is the brand’s slight lack of transparency regarding the acid percentages: it has 0.5% BHA (salicylic acid), and 9.5% AHA and PHA combined, so we don’t know the breakdown of AHA and PHA. Also, I have been using this for less than 60 days (my standard minimum review threshold), but I L-O-V-E love it, so wanted to include it here. If my opinion on this one changes though, I will let you know. Plus, it is around $25, which I think provides superb value.
Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
I am an acid queen! I seriously love AHA’s. When I saw that
Glossier came out with a product that included 3 of my favs (glycolic
acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid), I was so excited! I’ve been
hooked on The Ordinary’s glycolic acid solution for years, it has
seriously transformed my face.

Needless
to say, when I received the Glossier Solution I was more than a
little disappointed. This formula is terrible, it contains sodium
hydroxide as the SECOND ingredient. SH is extremely irritating unless
it is put at the very end of the formula (usually after something
calming). It has an exothemic reaction on the skin which causes heat
and flushing. Clearly Glossier decided to use sodium hydroxide as
their ph adjuster, but it was a very poor choice on their part. It
causes EXTREME dryness, redness, and itchy pustules. If you look
online for reviews there are so many of us who experienced the same
thing. We literally became red, irritated, and inflamed from this
formula!

The only good thing I can say about the Solution is that the
packaging is gorgeous. I wish Glossier put as much into their
formulas as they do their packaging, but I have had good experiences
with other products so I’m keeping an open mind. That said, the
Solution is not for me, nor is it for anyone with dry, sensitive,
mature, or human skin. ;) 2\5 (2 points for packaging).
tahnea e.
I have been using this for two months now, and I really like the results I have been seeing. I usually alternate OTC retinol and AHA (the Ordinary’s one percent in squalene and Paula’s Choice 8 percent) but picked it up after reading it was a dupe for P50. I have been using it every other night with retinol on the other nights. The first few weeks I wasn’t too impressed and read a lot of bad reviews, but I am glad I stuck with it. To be clear, there was no breakout for me when I started out, I just didn’t immediately see results. My skin does not usually agree with BHAs as on it’s own it does make me breakout, but this just did nothing at first. But a few months in, I can see a difference. My skin is very clear now, and has less texture. Dare I say, a bit of a glow. It stings mildly but I let it sit for a minute and my skin definitely feels refreshed. It does not smell great, like it has a kind of chemical mildew scent, which is strange as some of the complaints are added fragrance. I kind of want to try Tarte’s knockout to see how it compares, but I will repurchase this again.
Samantha S.
I decided to try this toner based solely on the promises that glossier gave. I ordered the solution back in the last week of January and took 30 days to evaluate it. When I first started using it, I had three massive black heads on my chin and a handful of active acne around the same area. They were red, sore, and deep. I’ve been using it nightly for about four months now, and my skin looks and feels incredible. The only time I get any acne or blackheads now is if I’m incredibly stressed at work, or if it’s my time of the month. Other than that, my skin is clear and hydrated. It does lightly exfoliate like it says, and I’ve also noticed the redness I have on my cheeks has gone down immensely compared to when I first started. I’m so happy with this product, I plan on re-purchasing when I run out (I’m only just now down to a little over half a bottle, a little goes a long way!), and I recommend this to anyone whether your skin is normal to problematic. Love it!
Maddie C.
Boston , MA
Omg do I love glossier. I read a lot of reviews before buying this product. I struggle with dry skin that produces a lot of oil to compensate for its lack of moisture. I have periodic acne on my chin/cheeks and black heads/ large poured on my nose. People said it made them break out and was too harsh which made me nervous for my dry skin. I was so surprised by how great my results were. It definitely made me break out a little when I first started using it but I would attribute that more to the fact that product was cleaning out my skin and less that it was too harsh or irritating to my skin. It does sting a little on active pimples but once I got over the first week, it’s been smooth sailing ever since. I use this every morning before I moisturize and I love it!!!! It’s made my skin soft and smooth and helped me reign in my acne. I do still break out sometimes but the pimples are smaller and don’t last as long. My black heads are disappearing and my pores have shrunk. I don’t find the product to be too harsh but sometimes if I feel like it’s too drying then I apply it and wash it off after five min before moisturizing. This is a great price for such a lovely product. The packaging is also great. It’s easy to use and sleek.
Rj D.
Bakersfield
I absolutely LOVE this product! It’s very gentle on the skin and gets rid of any small blemishes due to the salicylic acid. When first applying this product on your face it may seem a little sticky, but I didn’t really mind. Applying moisturizer really did the job of getting rid of the stickiness. I would 1000 percent recommend this product to everyone who is struggling with small blemishes or hyper-pigmentation. It’s a truly amazing product. This is not sponsored in any shape or form, but if anyone from the glossier skin team is reading: I’d love to review and test out more of your products. I also love that glossier promotes healthy skin before makeup because a clean canvas only makes you feel more confident and also allows for you to apply your makeup evenly.
Khanh N.
Fort Worth , TX
I have heard both sides about this product and myself im on the fence with glossier just because of my skin problems and i need a little more coverage. But i saw glossier’s solution and it was right up my alley since I love acid exfoliators! I had tried the ordinary’s glycolic toner and january labs and i would have to say with this toner ive seen the most change in the small milla i have and the cystic acne and definitely the hyperpigmentation. I love that it doesnt dry out my skin in fact it leaves it hydrated! I have the most sensitive skin due to my damaged skin barrier but this has helped improve and build that barrier back! I absolutely love it so much that I am on auto replenishment with glossier’s the solution.
Martina C.
Mount Kisco
This is such a holy grail skincare product for me! I use this every night with my Shiseido facial cottons. I have struggle with acne since the age of 11 or 12 and I'm now 19. I have it under control a little better now and part of that is becuase of solution. My acne journey has been crazy involving, accutane, blue light, antibiotics and spironolactone. But fortunately, it has gotten good enough to be off of medications. Now solution is one of the few things i do to treat acne. The BHA (salicylic acid) in it is so helpful for fighting acne and the other exfoliants gently get rid of dead skin. My skin can always tell when I don't use this stuff. It's magic!
María Camila P.
Arnold, MD
I love Glossier, I’ve tried many of their products and Solution seemed to be the best one so far so I ordered when they launched it, i have to say I wasn’t hoping too much and it disappointed me. I used religiously for a month and I didn’t see much change from it, i didn’t do much other than clean my skin a little better but didn’t improve the appearance of blemishes or diminished them...I love the packaging but there’s definitely better AHA and such products in the market even more affordable. We shouldn’t pay for packaging MX I wish it actually worked. I have combination skin with periodic acne and oily T zone. Looks good in my bathroom though 😂
Emily P.
charleston
I’m dying to get this! Is it too harsh for sensitive skin? Where does this fit into your makeup routine? After washing at night?
Lydia May S.
Broughton Astley , Leicester
Has anybody tried the new Glossier Solution yet? Is it worth the investment? I’m so tempted Glossier Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfector
Megan O.
Oak Park, IL
Has anyone tried Glossier Solution? Has it worked for you? Glossier Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfector
Lexi W.
What was your first Glossier product?
Delanie K.
Is this actually a life changing product? I’ve seen their clinical results but I’m really not convinced.