BY GLOSSIER #43 in Facial Moisturizers

• Should I get this or the rich moisturizer? I’m torn between the two.1 Answers
  • Is this product for Daily use?2 Answers
Juliet B.
Arlington, MA
I love moisturizers - as I work my way through my 40's I find my skin needs more and more. I use a fairly heavy nightcream, but I don't like too much on my face during the day. So after applygin sunscreen, Glossier's Priming Moisturizer might be my skin saviour. It melts right into skin but the hyaluronic acid noticeably adds a little plumping to the skin (applying it right after a facial mist really helps, too.) I love that you can build up the hydration. It means I don't need to switch when the weather turns colder. I just add my Priming Moisturizer, let it absorb (which is does super fast) then apply again and it feels great. But the best part for me is letting me skip a step. It really does prime the skin, about as well as most primers on the market. And I find it's especially good with lighter weight foundations, like Glossier's Skin Tint. Hands down my favorite moisturizer.
Ashley L.
ELIZABETHTOWN, KY
For the last few years I've been making a huge effort to get my skin in order and one of the most important pieces of my morning routine is my moisturizer. I've tried so many great products and even more awful ones, so I was initially skeptical about ordering from Glossier, where I couldn't sample before hand... but I am so glad I did! This moisturizer is incredible. I goes on smooth, hydrates my skin, and its designed so that you can build other products, like concealer, foundation, or skin tint easily while maintaining a clean, finished look. Where some primer products leave my skin shiny, the addition to this moisturizer is solid. I have used it both with Glosser's skin tint, which provides very light coverage, as well as thicker medium coverage foundation, and both look great. Highly recommend this product!
Lilli R.
Stamford, CT
So as you can see I'm kind of a big fan of these products. I have all of them - I have the primer, the balm, the skin tint and the moisturizer. I love that these are very natural products. The balm is coconut based and I love to use it on the ends of my hair, my eyebrows, and my lips. Nothing works better for flyaways or for controlling unruly brows. It's also super hydrating and smells amazing.

The tint is wonderful, also. It's very sheer and "glowy" - I love to use it with the moisturizing primer. The primer is not a primer like a regular primer; don't expect to end up with a blank canvas to completely build on. This product just provides a nice, moisturizing base for your foundation or tint, but it's not going to give you super dramatic coverage.

Overall this is a great product line and I love it!
Gabrielle R.
Cambridge, MA
It's no secret that I love Glossier. This is not my favorite Glossier product because I have oilier skin, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend to everyone else. It's a lightweight priming moisturizer that sets well and leaves your skin refreshed before you start to put on your makeup. For those of you like me with oilier skin, it's a little on the heavier side. Yes, even though it's lightweight it does add to my oiliness. Instead of using as a priming moisturizer, I've been using as a moisturizer before bed. It helps set in my skin leaving it soft in the morning. I will rinse before I apply makeup.
Dymond M.
Atlanta, GA
I'm on my 2nd bottle of this stuff, and it's legit one of the best moisturizers I've used. It's a bit on the pricey side, but a little bit goes a long way, so you will get your money's worth. It's very thin, so it does work as a primer, and it is moisturizing without being very thick. The packing is sensible, and I would recommend this to anybody, even those with sensitive skin because it is unscented and packed full of nutrients. Docked a star for being unscented (personal preference) and thinness (personal preference).
Audrey R.
I'm definitely drinking the kool-aid when it comes to Glossier! I started with the concealer which is legit the best. With that, I received a sample Priming Moisturizer and I'm sold! It's light and milky, absorbing immediately into the skin. It definitely creates a smoothr, matte, pore-shrinking effect on the skin. Very gentle and with a light scent. I wear contacts and didn't notice any irritation to the eyes. Even better is knowing that the company keeps the toxic ingredients out and uses natural wherever possible.
Danielle M.
This moisurizer is nice, but can be a bit too moisturizing. I have combo skin and I cannot apply this all over my face. It makes my T-zone too oily. In the places I need to apply it, I find it dries nice and does a great job at hydrating my skin without a weird residue or breaking me out. While it is a fantastic moisturizer, I do not recommend it for combo or oily skinned people. I use it more in the winter when my skin is dryer than say in summer or spring.
Katie G.
It's basically exactly what it says it is, a priming moisturizer. It's not super hydrating, but it is great as a makeup base, especially if you feel like regular primers dry you out. I feel like it dries down well and even though I need to use another moisturizer under this (which is why I'm knocking off a star), I'm going to purchase it again because I DO like how it makes my face feel. Plus, it's easy to toss in my makeup bag when traveling!
Sonya B.
I've been looking for a morning moisturizer for months. I tried a few others and while still on the hunt, I was torn between this and the Too Faced Hangover Primer. I decided to go with Glossier because it was cheaper and for more product. I am so happy I did. It is SO moisturizing and I don't even feel like I need to use my tinted moisturizer on top. This might be my HG, ride or die, moisturizer. I love it SO much and it's so affordable.
Arlin K.
So I might have a slight obsession with Glossier. Their entire Phase 1 set is AMAZING and the moisturizer is my absolute favorite. I have slightly sensitive skin and this moisturizer is gentle. It has a slight subtlet scent that smells great. It instantly hydrates my face and makes it glow. Overtime I noticed that my skin got softer and smoothr. Overall, it's a great value for the price.
Taylor V.
Iowa City, IA
Is this product similar to Too Faced hangover primer? If so, which do you prefer?
sunny y.
Will this work well for oily skin??
Lesley T.
Does this act more as a moisturizer or more as a primer?
Rebekah K.
Lansdale, Pa
Do you use this as a moisturizer or as a primer after your moisturizer? I have really dry skin so I'm wondering if you use this in accordance with my daily moisturizer?
Nancy W.
New York , NY
Is this something that should be used with another moisturizer and solely as a primer or is it a 2 in 1 where I don't need to moisturize?