BY GLOSSIER #8 in Facial Cleansers

What is it?
A conditioning facial cleanser.
How to use:
To start your day—massage 1-2 pumps onto wet skin (keep it in the shower!) and rinse.

To remove makeup*—on dry skin, gently and thoroughly massage 2-3 pumps directly onto eye area to melt away mascara; add water, massage over the rest of your face, and rinse.

*unless it’s waterproof, in which case you should use a cleansing oil, and follow with Milky Jelly for complete clean.

Benefits:
Soothing

Purifying

Nourishing

Key Ingredients

Poloxamer
A strong yet mild cleansing agent used in contact lens solution.

Rosewater
We replaced 1/4 of the H2O content with soothing rosewater (bonus: smells great!).

Comfrey Root Extract
Contains allantoin, which heals dry, stressed skin.

Aquaxyl
Refills skin’s water reserves and improves its barrier to prevent dehydration.

Pro-Vitamin B5
Powerful, natural moisturizer found in mushrooms and cheese.

Claims:

hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, safe for the eye area, ophthalmologist tested, appropriate for all skin types, soap free, paraben free, sulfate free, cruelty free, non-comedogenic, vegan

• Has anyone tried the Glossier. Milky Jelly Cleanser ?? I’...4 Answers
  • Who wish Influenster team up with Glossier and give away ...2 Answers
  • Who wish Influenster team up with Glossier and give away ...2 Answers
Glossier. Milky Jelly Cleanser
  • "This cleanser has saved my skin. I've struggled to appease my sensitive, breakout-prone, combination skin for years, and I have finally found a solution in Glossier's Milky Jelly. It removes makeup like a champ, and effectively cleanses my skin without stripping it of all its natural oils. After several months of using only this cleanser, I now only have to spot-treat the occasional zit, instead of fighting with a whole bunch of them every day. I would pay any amount of money for this magical elixir (but I think $18 is pretty reasonable, especially for how much you get). I hope Glossier never discontinues Milky Jelly, because I will use it forever." in 157 reviews
  • "Very moisturizing and amazing. I love the gentle rose scent. I've had dry skin forever and this face wash cleans without drying out my skin. Additionally, it's so gentle on the eyes that it's a perfect makeup remover. A little goes a long way so the bottle will last a while. " in 77 reviews
Jennifer F.
United States
Fitting name as it is milky jelly goodness. It's a super gentle ph balancing cleanser that acts like a "reset button" for your face, prepping it for upcoming products.

On first use I was taken aback at how non-foaming this is. It felt as if I was rubbing nothing on my face (I'm so used to foam/lathers...), but when I washed it off, I was impressed at the difference in my face. It didn't strip my face of oils, drying it out like most cleansers do, but instead it calmed my skin and gave it a soft almost matte finish. I also enjoyed the light rose scent as it was soothing and not imposing.

I find it perfect for the morning or when I just want to refresh my face on no-makeup days, but I sometimes use it in the evening just to prep my face for my skin routine. I haven't used this to remove my makeup  (I usually do the double cleanse method or use a micellar water) so I can't report back from that end, but this cleanser has become a new favorite to add into the rotation.
Maya H.
Boston
I am going to be in the minority here because I know so many people love this cleanser. I got this because I always love a low pH cleanser and I am a sucker for anything that is rose scented. The testing phase of trying this product was fine and I had no adverse reactions to it so I moved forward with fully integrating it into my routine. I felt like it was a little drying and didn't have enough power to be an evening cleanser for me so I used solely as a morning cleanser. This worked great for about 2 weeks and then I broke out with the worst, most painful cystic acne I've ever had. I am acne/breakout prone but I've never experienced a breakout like this before. This cleanser was the only new addition to my routine and my skin had been clear prior to using this. Definitely disappointed by the results especially knowing that it works for most people. Kept it at 2 stars for my initial positive experience with the product.
Jenny W.
Flushing, NY
I really wanted to love this cleanser. There was so much hype around it. I got and let me tell you what happened? First off it does not remove make up as it claims. And I'm not even wearing that much make up to begin with. I'm wearing under eye concealer and some powder to keep my nose from being shiny. And this cleanser did not remove it, could not remove it. Because after I used it I could still see it on my skin. Totally disappointing to say the least. I still had to use a make up remover to get it off. The cleanser itself is great for dry skin, my skin doesn't feel tight when I use it. I use it in the morning only because it can't remove make up. But honestly it's a bit overpriced when there are other drug store brands out there that will do the same for less. Save your money and buy something else, unless you're really into this brand.
Danielle L.
Greenville, NC
I loooove this cleanser!!! I use it in the morning and at night. In the morning I use it on my wet face for a nice refreshing morning cleanse and follow it with Glossier Super Glow, Glossier Super Pure, and Glossier Priming Moisturizer. At night I use it dry to take the remainder of my makeup off. I usually take my eye makeup off with Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes, the only reason I do that is because I typically wear a lot of mascara and just feel it’s easier to get off with a wipe. I then follow that with Glossier Super Bounce and Garnier SkinActive Hydrating 3-In-1 Face Moisturizer with Aloe. I love this product because it’s a conditioning cleanser and it has REALLY made my face softer and less dry. I’m also more glowy than I was before. I always feel refreshed after cleansing with this and as always the packaging is super cute! Glossier. Milky Jelly Cleanser
Sybil W.
I have sensitive, dry/very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. The only type of cleansers that I can use on my face are gentle ones nothing harsh or abrasive at this time. I will admit, I decide to try this cleanser because there is so much hype surrounding it. It is gentle and it cleans my face very well without ever drying it out. It also is non-irritating yo my eyes. I don't use this product to remove makeup, on the days that I do wear makeup. I use a makeup remover first, so that I can get all of my makeup off completely before, I then start to cleanse my face. In regards to its rose water scent, it's not something that I am a huge fan of, but I do find it to be tolerable.

Do I find this cleanser to be worth it's expensive price tag? Honestly no. The ingredients in it aren't stuff that consumers haven't encountered before, which is why, I do consider this cleanser to be well overpriced. It is a decent cleanser, but there are lots more other decent cleansers out there that are much cheaper.

Would I buy it again? IDK. I may possibly choose to buy it again, during one of my splurging sprees in the future.
Tor P.
Concord, CA
I recently bought this and have been using it to remove eye makeup since I don’t wear any other facial makeup. It works so well with so little product! One little half-pump is enough to clean my eyes of mascara, eyeliner (liquid and pencil), and eyeshadow with ease. I used to use a Juara rice cleanser ipsy sample. I ran out of it, and had been wanting to get another type since I had trouble finding where to buy it. This does just as well! It does smell weird though. I’m not fond of the scent. However, it gets the job done, and doesn’t have a weird oily residue. Gentle enough to use on the eyes! However, it is pretty expensive but I wanted to try the brand. I really like it! If you have extra money to spare, and have sensitive skin, it’s a good product!
Jess W.
Alexandria
I've heard a lot of people say they don't really care for this product and honestly, I didn't understand the hype either when I first purchased it. I used it in the shower to remove my make-up, but when I got out and looked in the mirror I had raccoon eyes because it didn't take off my eyeliner or mascara very well. Later, I figured out that it works 10x better when you use it on a dry face and THEN rinse it off. Now I love it and use it to remove my make-up every day. It seriously removes every bit of make-up off my face and I love that it's less wasteful than using wipes. If you hate this product, try using it how I mentioned above. I guarantee you'll change your mind! I've repurchased this three times and will continue to buy it.
Samantha S.
Hands down my favorite cleanser I’ve ever used. It’s so gentle, creamy, and gets deeeep into your skin. It doesn’t foam like other cleansers, and yet due to the jelly formula, it glides on your skin and you can actually feel it cleaning your face. While I always use some form of makeup remover before cleansing my face, this cleanser while also do well to get off remaining product. You can also use it dry as a way to remove makeup as well and then just rinse with warm water. I use one pump at a time, while also doing the “double cleansing” method to really clean my face. My skin never feels dry and tight after, nor does it feel oily. It feels how my skin should feel. Love and adore this product. Will be repurchasing!
Shayna L.
I was turned onto this product by a friend of mine who works in the beauty industry. I had never been on any skin care "system" and any that I had tried always made me break out in the past so I was super hesitant. WITH HESITATION I ordered my Phase 1 Kit and when the packaging *pink bubble wrap* came I was so excited to starting using it! The jelly cleanser is MAGIC. It is so light feeling, smells great and removes my make up wonderfully. I have not broken out (been using for 6 months now) and have turned my entire staff onto Glossier. Needless to say; we're all glowing now- and carrying around random items in the reusable pink bubble wrap packaging.
Neha M.
I use this product as part of my evening double cleanse, usually after using a cleansing oil. I’d say it’s definitely worth the hype. This cleanser provides a good cleanse without stripping your skin of it’s natural moisture. Afterwards my skin feels soft and and ready for my nighttime serums. Definitely a winner for me! As stated earlier if you want to have a thorough cleanse with full makeup removal I’d suggest using this after a cleansing oil to ensure everything is off.
shea k.
Unityville, PA
Is this cleanser good for acne prone/oily to combination skin?
Macy U.
Brooklyn, NY
Is this good for very sensitive skin?
Reanna P.
Brooklyn, NY
can you use this as an everyday cleanser? or just for removing makeup? since I don't wear makeup every single day.
Abby B.
Is this sold in any stores?
Courtni B.
BUFFALO, NY
Anyone have acne prone skin and has used this for a while? I’m hooked on my Murad cleanser but I’ve also heard fabulous things about this wash.