BY GLOSSIER #16 in Facial Cleansers

This is the ultimate daily face wash: use on dry skin to dissolve away makeup and grime, or on wet skin as you start your day. The pH-balanced, creamy gel formula is made with a blend of five skin conditioners so your face is left feeling healthy and soft, never tight. Its cleansing power comes from the same gentle cleaning agents you’d find in contact lens solution, so it’s tough on impurities and still safe to use on your eyes. You’ll see.

• Who wish Influenster team up with Glossier and give away Glossier...1 Answers
  • Who wish Influenster team up with Glossier and give away Glossier...2 Answers
  • I have sensitive and oily skin. I'm hesitant to give this a go be...1 Answers
Buy on Glossier
  • "This cleanser has saved my skin. I've struggled to appease my sensitive, breakout-prone, combination skin for years, and I have finally found a solution in Glossier's Milky Jelly. It removes makeup like a champ, and effectively cleanses my skin without stripping it of all its natural oils. After several months of using only this cleanser, I now only have to spot-treat the occasional zit, instead of fighting with a whole bunch of them every day. I would pay any amount of money for this magical elixir (but I think $18 is pretty reasonable, especially for how much you get). I hope Glossier never discontinues Milky Jelly, because I will use it forever." in 157 reviews
  • "Very moisturizing and amazing. I love the gentle rose scent. I've had dry skin forever and this face wash cleans without drying out my skin. Additionally, it's so gentle on the eyes that it's a perfect makeup remover. A little goes a long way so the bottle will last a while. " in 77 reviews
Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
Glossier
milky jelly cleanser is everything I had hoped their Solution would
be, and then some. This product actually works! It’s non
irritating, non fragranced,
soap free, non foaming, dermatologist tested! I love that this is a
low-ph cleanser that actually works! Your skin needs a specific ph to
absorb actives and so many high ph cleansers leave my skin feeling
tight, dry and irritated. Not so with the milky jelly cleanser!

I’ve
actually had this product accidentally get into my eyes and there has
been no stinging. THAT’s how gentle it is. Glossier really got it
right with this product, it has totally redeemed the brand for me.
Recommended
for anyone with skin.
Rachel D.
Philadelphia
I was put on to this brand a few months ago by a friend who warned me to tread carefully because I would get hooked. I needed a new skin care regimen because I just felt like it was time to switch it up.

I started out buying their starter pack on the website which comes with this facial cleanser, their priming moisturizer, and an all over skin salve (basically a scented petroleum jelly).

The packaging was so cool- inside the box the products came packed in these reusable pink “bubble wrap” zip seal bags, with Glossier stickers and a free sample of their first scent “Glossier You.” (Which I loved BTW)

The coolest thing about this face wash- you can apply to your skin wet or dry! I rub it in all over for about thirty seconds before rinsing it off, and then follow with the priming moisturizer in the morning. After a few weeks, my skin was looking so fresh and dewy everyday!

And needless to say, I recently went back on their website to reorder, plus purchased their perfume, Glossier You, and a few other makeup products. Officially a huge fan of the company!
Danielle N.
This cleanser is everything!! My friend gave it to me because she was not going to use it and I am sooo glad she did! I have only been using it for 2 months now but I see a noticeable difference in my skin. It is smoother, brighter, and healthier looking. I also have had these three pimples on my forehead for the last 2 days and after using this cleanser back to back for 2 days the pimples have slowly been drying up and disappearing. I literally just used this cleanser an hour ago and the pimples are almost gone. I love the way it feels when you put it on your face. The cleanser is thick and does not have a bad smell to it! I just love this cleanser and absolutely recommend it to people who have combination skin!! Also the price is not bad at all!
Jenny W.
Flushing, NY
I really wanted to love this cleanser. There was so much hype around it. I got and let me tell you what happened? First off it does not remove make up as it claims. And I'm not even wearing that much make up to begin with. I'm wearing under eye concealer and some powder to keep my nose from being shiny. And this cleanser did not remove it, could not remove it. Because after I used it I could still see it on my skin. Totally disappointing to say the least. I still had to use a make up remover to get it off. The cleanser itself is great for dry skin, my skin doesn't feel tight when I use it. I use it in the morning only because it can't remove make up. But honestly it's a bit overpriced when there are other drug store brands out there that will do the same for less. Save your money and buy something else, unless you're really into this brand.
Danielle L.
Greenville, NC
I loooove this cleanser!!! I use it in the morning and at night. In the morning I use it on my wet face for a nice refreshing morning cleanse and follow it with Glossier Super Glow, Glossier Super Pure, and Glossier Priming Moisturizer. At night I use it dry to take the remainder of my makeup off. I usually take my eye makeup off with Garnier Micellar Product Range Cleansing Wipes, the only reason I do that is because I typically wear a lot of mascara and just feel it’s easier to get off with a wipe. I then follow that with Glossier Super Bounce and Garnier Skinactive Hydrating 3-in-1 Face Moisturizer with Aloe. I love this product because it’s a conditioning cleanser and it has REALLY made my face softer and less dry. I’m also more glowy than I was before. I always feel refreshed after cleansing with this and as always the packaging is super cute! Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Torrey S.
This is my all-time favorite cleanser! There's definitely a reason why it's high up on the list of facial cleansers. It's super gentle while being tough enough to get rid of makeup along with any other grime. It's actually so gentle that it doesn't sting or burn at all if you get it in your eye (I did that on accident lol)! I've actually run my face over with a cotton square soaked in micellar water to check if there was anymore makeup or dirt left on my skin and after going over my whole face, the square was still as white as it was when I started!

"This is the ultimate daily face wash: use on dry skin to dissolve away makeup and grime, or on wet skin to start your day. The pH balanced, creamy gel formula is made with a blend of five skin conditioners so your face is left feeling healthy and soft, never tight. It's cleansing power comes from the same gentle cleaning agents found in contact lens solution, so it's tough on impurities and still safe to use on your eyes." ~Glossier.com

Also, if you're sensitive towards fragranced or colored products, this cleanser contains neither of those. It does smell like roses among faint smells of the other skin conditioners. I personally love the smell but if you don't like it, it's honestly so faint that you won't notice it. If you need more info, here's the list of ingredients:

Polaxamer:
A strong yet mild cleansing agent used on contact lens solution.

Rosewater:
We replaced 1/4 of the H2O content with soothing rosewater (bonus: smells great!).

Comfrey Root Extract:
Contains allantoin, which heals dry, stressed skin.

Aquaxyl:
Refills skin's water reserves and improves its barrier to prevent dehydration.

Pro-Vitamin B5:
Powerful, natural moisturizer found in mushrooms and cheese.
Here's a complete list too:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum
Officionale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

Sybil W.
I have sensitive, dry/very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. The only type of cleansers that I can use on my face are gentle ones nothing harsh or abrasive at this time. I will admit, I decide to try this cleanser because there is so much hype surrounding it. It is gentle and it cleans my face very well without ever drying it out. It also is non-irritating yo my eyes. I don't use this product to remove makeup, on the days that I do wear makeup. I use a makeup remover first, so that I can get all of my makeup off completely before, I then start to cleanse my face. In regards to its rose water scent, it's not something that I am a huge fan of, but I do find it to be tolerable.

Do I find this cleanser to be worth it's expensive price tag? Honestly no. The ingredients in it aren't stuff that consumers haven't encountered before, which is why, I do consider this cleanser to be well overpriced. It is a decent cleanser, but there are lots more other decent cleansers out there that are much cheaper.

Would I buy it again? IDK. I may possibly choose to buy it again, during one of my splurging sprees in the future.
Tor P.
I recently bought this and have been using it to remove eye makeup since I don’t wear any other facial makeup. It works so well with so little product! One little half-pump is enough to clean my eyes of mascara, eyeliner (liquid and pencil), and eyeshadow with ease. I used to use a Juara rice cleanser ipsy sample. I ran out of it, and had been wanting to get another type since I had trouble finding where to buy it. This does just as well! It does smell weird though. I’m not fond of the scent. However, it gets the job done, and doesn’t have a weird oily residue. Gentle enough to use on the eyes! However, it is pretty expensive but I wanted to try the brand. I really like it! If you have extra money to spare, and have sensitive skin, it’s a good product!
Tiffany T.
I love the cleanser for removing makeup. I have oily combination skin and I sometimes wear a full face of makeup. It is only good for removing non waterproof makeup otherwise, use something else that is oil based or a Makeup removing wipe. I love that this is safe for the eye area and it does help my skin stay soft and not dried out. I like to use their new solution or a toner after the cleanser then, use a serum, and a moisturizer last. They’re only available to a few places at the moment but, are planning to expand to ship to more places by 2018. I love the products so far and the shipment packaging. They always include this cute reusable bag great for traveling with, stickers, and a sample of your choice.
Melissa M.
This is my holy grail product. Before this, I was never loyal to a cleanser, switching from drug store brands like Aveeno to Fresh’s Soy Facial Cleanser. The second I tried milky jelly, it changed my skin. I love that it cleanses without stripping my dry skin. I’ve found that it helps regulate my skin and is gentle enough to use twice daily. I remove makeup with wipes but love that following up with milky jelly ensures that all product is off. Additionally the rose scent is soothing and it feels like a spa quality product worth much more than it costs. Try this now, you won’t regret it. It has made washing my face twice daily a favorite part of my routine.
shea k.
Unityville, PA
Is this cleanser good for acne prone/oily to combination skin?
Macy U.
Brooklyn, NY
Is this good for very sensitive skin?
Reanna P.
Montgomery, NY
can you use this as an everyday cleanser? or just for removing makeup? since I don't wear makeup every single day.
Courtni B.
BUFFALO, NY
Anyone have acne prone skin and has used this for a while? I’m hooked on my Murad cleanser but I’ve also heard fabulous things about this wash.
Abby B.
Is this sold in any stores?