BY GLOSSIER #76 in Facial Sunscreen

Not optional. If you don’t already use sun protection every day, now’s the time to start. If you do, good! Now it’s time for an upgrade. Introducing sunscreen for people who hate wearing sunscreen—a clear watergel formula filled with active microcapsules that instantly absorbs into skin with no greasy residue and zero white cast. It helps prevent sun damage and skin cancer, but also works to neutralize harmful free radicals inside your skin, and keeps pollutant junk from getting in there in the first place—that’s the “+”. We want you to use it every. single. day. as the last step in your skincare routine.

Glossier Invisible Shield SPF 35 Daily Sunscreen +
  • "[product:glossier-invisible-shield-spf-35-daily-sunscreen] definitely a great buy works well on my sensitive skin great value size and price I'm definitely going to get more after trying this me and my teen daughter love it" in 19 reviews
olivia m.
I am really enjoying this daily sunscreen! This sunscreen, along with Glossier's Priming Moisturizer are the first two products I have tried/purchased from Glossier. I ordered them at the same time, but I was nervous that I wouldn't be crazy about the sunscreen because I am not a huge fan of the Priming Moisturizer, but I like this sunscreen A LOT.  The smell is pleasant with a hint of citrus. The texture is also pleasant as it is not greasy or thick like regular sunscreens can be. I love how this sunscreen is especially made for the face, so it is gentle, yet effective. It has a gel feel when applying it, and is super light on the skin. Whether you wear it on your bare face or under your makeup, you won't even notice it on your skin. I feel as though it could work for all skin types because it is so light.

Recently, I have been hearing how important it is to incorporate sunscreen into daily skincare routines to reduce aging due to sun damage... I purchased this sunscreen in particular because I had heard fantastic reviews on it AND I liked what I read about the company online (it's cruelty free!).

I haven't used this product in spring/summer yet as I purchased it during the winter... So, we will see how it holds up in the warmer months, but I am enjoying it right now....But, my one suggestion would be that even though a little goes a long way with this product, the bottle size could be larger as it is quite small at 1 fl oz.  Glossier Invisible Shield SPF 35 Daily Sunscreen +
Angelisa P.
Queens Vlg, NY
I use my Glossier sunscreen everyday! I've been trying to integrate sunscreen with my daily skincare routine for years and it took me forever to find a sunscreen that did not make my skin breakout, especially in the summer.
Its a little pricer than some of the sunscreen products out there but its worth every penny. As someone with tan skin, it was hard to find a sunscreen that applies clear and that did not leave a white sheen on your face underneath your makeup. I'll definitely continue to buy this product, even during the winter months.
Annie K.
Johns Creek
as an adamant/borderline religious follower of glossier, i'm always willing to try their products. this sunscreen will cut you back $35 for 1 fl oz on a usual day (it's currently $25 - they're doing a promotion for some reason). the packaging, as for every product glossier releases, is cute and this sunscreen comes in container with a pump. i liked the gel consistency since my combination skin often dislikes creamy products and it had a nice citrusy scent.

i didn't notice any significant additional shine after application. but for some reason, i noticed the formation of tiny pimples in the t-zone after using this sunscreen maybe once - the same thing happened with the beloved Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater . my skin is prone to clogged pores but doesn't break out often. i'd say if your skin isn't as picky as mine, this sunscreen could work well for you, but i'd also look around for another option considering the price point vs. amount of product you get. as an alternative, i love the missha all around safe block essence sun milk (the original, not the soft finish version). it's lightweight and the white color goes clear and doesn't cause any flashback.
Jenna S.
Ithaca , NY
This is an amazing spf. I’m not sure why finding a quality spf that doesn’t reek of sunscreen and is actually meant to go over moisturizer is so difficult. Every decent one I’ve seen until Glossier was like 60 dollars for a tiny amount! I had to be so stingy when applying, which you don’t want to have to do with SPF! This product has a really great feel to it, doesn’t smell like sunscreen, goes super well over moisturizer and under foundation. It actually makes my face feel great and primed and ready for makeup. Great price for great amount. Great packaging. Highly recommend!
Rebecca V.
Astoria, NY
I've been looking for the perfect Sunscreen to wear under my makeup - and when Glossier launched their Sunscreen I thought my search was over. I bought it immediately, despite the high price ($30 for a very small bottle). It certainly does work well under makeup, and it smells good, but unfortunately it made my skin break out - probably due to the silicone in it. Even if my skin didn't break out from it, I wouldn't recommend just due to the price. There are other similar sunscreens for a fraction of the price like Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.
Cristina V.
This brand is so hyped up and so marketed to that “cool girl” we all hate. I bought into it. And the products are all fine! I like them! But I do think that they are very overpriced for what they are and nothing I’ve bought has been worth the price tag. Same with this cleanser. It’s a pleasant jelly cleanser, but it’s not effective enough as your sole cleanser, and it’s not melty enough to take your makeup completely off as a first cleanse. There are much better jelly cleansers on the market (Jordan samuel’s is heaven). You do get a lot of product for the money, but I ended up forcing myself to use it beyond when I wanted to just to hate finish it. I just didn’t love it.
Jamie M.
Sunscreen is SO important, but sometimes it’s hard to drop the money as most brands sell their version for such a high price! I’m a boy brow fanatic, and when I saw this i immediately knew I had to have it! It lay beautifully on the skin, doesn’t leave a white cast and can be worn alone on no makeup days, and also plays really nice with foundation of any kind from dewy to matte! Thank you glossier for this product!!!!!!
morgan f.
Oconomowoc, WI
I’m guilty of ignoring the daily SPF recommendation because I cannot stand the smell of the white cast of normal sunscreen. When Glossier released this product I knew I had to at least give it a try. While it hasn’t gotten me to put on SPF every day, I do use it whenever I’m going to be outside for an extended period of time. No white cast, no sunscreen smell and effective coverage. What more can you ask for!
Maeryn L.
Virginia Bch, VA
I have been looking for a good sunscreen that wouldn’t break me out of make me more oily and I’ve found it! This sunscreen doesn’t have a color and doesn’t streak so it’s not noticeable to other people. It also goes one smoothly and doesn’t rub off when you put other products on your face. The only thing that i don’t like is how much product you get for the price, the bottle is very small.
ashley p.
Anaheim
As someone with oily skin who has never truly committed to using sunscreen before this was a big deal for me. I should have known the geniuses at Glossier wouldn't do me wrong! This sunscreen smells incredible and it's a clear gel-like consistency that just glides over the skin beautifully and absorbs quickly not leaving any sticky residue. Definite holy grail for me, I never want to use another sunscreen.
Sarah C.
Amityville, NY
Is this really that much different than regular sunscreen?
ana m.
Barquisimeto
Does this smell good?
Moriah S.
Alton, IL
How much does this cost?
Cassandra S.
Toluca Lake, CA
Does it work well under makeup?
Emlyn M.
How does this work with oily skin?