Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#56 in Highlighter

Skincare + makeup = Haloscope, the galaxy’s first dew effect highlighter. It’s a dual-delivery formula: the outer halo is infused with genuine crystal extracts for all-day enlightenment, with a solid oil core of vitamin-rich moisturizers for a hydrated, dewy finish. Expect an otherworldly sheen that’s never dry, never glittery. Two essential shades for two intentions: Quartz for a universally flattering, pearlescent highlight, and golden Topaz for a healthy, sun-kissed glow.

Photos (19)
Carla A.
Carla A.
Studio City

I'm going to come right out with it and say that ALL GLOSSIER PRODUCTS ARE WHAT YOU'RE THINKING: AMAZING. Yes, it's true. With this line, I couldn't lie - not that I would... Nothing comes from my review but hope that they will help balance out the scale when it comes down to weighing out skincare.
Let's stay on topic for now: *•*•Highlighters•*•*
Comes in 3 shades : Bronze (i think that's the name of this tone), Quartz, and Moonstone. And yes, I have tried all 3, aaand can certainly simplify all the fuzzies you are talking yourself in or out of when it comes to which one to buy. So let's begin! Bronze tone is gorgeous, though because I have a light olive skin complexion, this shade is just a little too dark and the sun kissed tone gets mistaken for a bad contour(in my opinion). However, this bronze tone will/does look amazing with a darker complexion - seriously stunning. In fact, if you have a darker complexion I fully recommend the bronze shade. Now, for Quartz. This is a really nice, easy blended, pinky shimmer highlight that takes well with my light olive complexion, as well as my sisters with a fair ivory complexion - basically you can't go wrong with quartz, especially if you like a little whimsical subtlety or a tad pizazz.
Now for last but not least, Moonstone. Okay, this is the newest shade in the trio and I personally LOVE it the most. I suppose I could've said the from the get go, but my journey is yours - like it or not. This shade is almost tone-less with a shimmer. Call it a clear. If the moon has sand - this is it. Sand from the moon mixed with a hydrating balm and you get Glossier's "Moonstone". This one I would imagine looking absolutely effortless and eye catching on any skin tone. So for the light, med, dark ladies: this is the one size fits all** Probably the least flashy of all 3 but don't let that mislead you... remember as I said this ones my fav...
One quality all 3 shades for sure share is a natural looking, hydrated, light catching, highlight. Guaranteed. This is from the heart - Im passionate about things that make my life beautifully simple. Glossier helps hide the chaos xx
Crystal K.
Crystal K.
East Haven , CT

This is literally absolutely perfect!
It goes on so smooth,you do it right from the tube, and then tap around the edges to blend.I also tap it into my inner eye,cupids bow,and sometimes, my forehead.
It seem to melt with your body heat to a perfect,iced,dewy look that has me loving it! I wear Quartz, as I am pretty pale,and I have gotten compliments on my skin since I started wearing it,more and more.I love how it has the inner core which is infused with all kinds of great things for your skin,and the outer core is where the actual highlight is,and it is supposedly made with actual quartz crystal.Be warned-it's not a crazy,blinding highlight, But a beautiful sheen...I'm SO in love!The ease of this is awesome.Hasn't bothered my sensitive skin at all.
My new HG,#cultclassic!
Also-I had an issue with my order and Glossiers customer service is on point.Glossier is one of my favorite,most used,most re-bought brands EVER,.I'm SO,SO all about the glowy, natural look(with a smoky eye,tho-think dewy,moisturized skin with a strong brow,I use Boy Brow by Glossier as well,and an eye with grey liner or black kohl gently rubbed around the edges-that's me.Simple.I also use this on my lips,or I'll use Rose BalmDot Com, or if I'm going out of feeling fancy,their Generation G in Jam)Glossier is absolutely doing the natura,easy look SO right,perfect for me.Please,if you having tried this and you love a good,gleamy,highlight,try this.Try anything,by Glossier,really,but this beautiful highlight is...well,beautiful.They also do this in Topaz,a more bronzy color,and have put out a specially made set,The Black Tie set,with a new Haloscope called Moonstone.You can only get this last one with the set.
Anyway-recommend this highlight 1000%.And if you dislike it.Glossier has an great return policy and customer service team.!🙌❤💎
Chessa C.
Chessa C.

Definitely a subtle highlight, which generally I'm not into but it's actually so gorgeous and natural looking and perfect for more minimal looks. It both hydrates with natural oils at the core of the stick and adds light shimmer with quartz particles (I have Quartz since I'm v pale) which honestly I am just so excited about every time I wear it!! Worth noting that it doesn't really dry down or sink in exactly-- the highlight does sit on top of your skin but it's definitely not sticky, more just like a heavy moisturizer. The packaging is so cute although there's not a ton of product in it (but you can use the link bff.glossier. com/eneyg for 20% off and after your first order you get your own code which makes the price mark worth it)! **EDIT** I've now been using haloscope in Quartz for over half a year and it's hands down the best highlighter I've ever tried, however!! I did order the shade Moonstone when it was a limited edition holiday 2016 release and the quality of that one is much worse-- Quartz is smooth and provides a really seamless finish, whereas Moonstone is a little chunkier and a bit rougher on the skin. This may just be because it's limited edition because they now have rereleased the shade Moonstone so they may have reformulated it, but bear in mind that there may be inconsistencies between shades. Quartz and Topaz are gorgeous though.
Anna D.
Anna D.
San Jose, CA

When I first got this highlighter, it quickly became my favorite natural, dewey highlighter, and while I still really like this product and would recommend it, I just recently found an alternative I like more (the rms beauty living luminizer). Let me start off by saying that if you apply this product on your fingers and then apply it to your face, you'll get an incredibly natural finish. If you want it to appear more prominent, you'll either need to build it up quite a bit or apply it straight from the tube. Doing the latter however, wasn't my favorite because I found that it moved my foundation around a little and I didn't like having product sitting on top of my haloscope stick. The finish is a little sticky on the skin, but nothing crazy. I really like this highlighter because it's perfect when my skin may not be looking its best (i.e. acne or texture) as this highlighter doesn't emphasize that at all. To sum it up, if you love a more dramatic highlighter, then this one isn't for you. However, if you want something that adds a soft glow to your skin that's incredibly natural, then this is perfect! I truly do enjoy this product for what it is.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Alhambra, CA

So I have all three Haloscope Highlighters, Quartz, Topaz and Moonstone (from their limited edition collection). I find that with my skin tone, Quartz and Moonstone look best as a cheek, cupid's bow and nose highlight, while Topaz works better as flush of color on my eyes or if I've tanned a bit. With that being said, this isn't a BAM in your face kind of highlight; it's a bit more of a glossy, subdued look. I find that if I really want it to pop, I apply an opaque powder or liquid highlight as a base, then rub my finger over Haloscope and tap it onto my cheeks to really amp up my other highlighter.

It's a bit comparable to Marc Jacob's cream highlight stick, but I find his to be too glittery for my taste.

I guess you could say this is more of an everyday kind of highlight, or if you're not used to a lot of makeup/like a more natural look, this is a product for you. I've repurchased quartz 3 times and I stocked up on moonstone after I got my first one. Definitely worth the price.
Brit K.
Brit K.

In theory, this highlighter is everything I have been looking for. I have dry skin and absolutely love the look of dewy, glowing skin. I ordered this highlighter with high hopes that it would be my new go to every day highlight. It absolutely gives a lovely dewy appearance despite it being rather sticky after applying. The biggest problem with this highlighter is that it cannot be applied well over foundation...any foundation, including Glossier's own Skin Tint which I own and immediately was sad that it couldn't even work over another of their products. It just moves the foundation around, makes it streaky or spotted, and just overall doesn't look right. The highlighter looks amazing over natural skin but how often are you going to wear a highlighter with nothing else on your skin? Frustrating!
Julia T.
Julia T.
Virginia beach, VA

This product is one of the only highlighters i own/use. I have haloscope in Moonstone and i use it practically everyday. Its a super light weight product that isnt glittering, shimmering, in your face type of high lighter. It is perfect for a natural look but can also be added to a good night out look. I love that it doesnt require brushes and is so easy to apply and with no mess. You should rub some along your cheek bones, top top of the nose, cupids bow, and in the inside of the eyes and it is the perfect natural glow. The pigmented shades are not very pigmented and they blend perfectly with any skin tone. I recommend this product to everyone and I am also a glossier rep so you can use my rep link for 20% off all glossier purchases! The link is in my bio :)
Lemon K.
Lemon K.

I have the haloscope in Moonstone, and it has become my go-to despite not being my favorite highlighter because it is shockingly easy to apply in just a few swipes and to blend out with your finger, meaning that I can wear highlighter even on days when I do not have enough time to really do my makeup. The color is nothing special- it's very glittery, but pretty sheer. The oil in the center needs to be blended out a bit on your face so it doesn't just look like oily skin. Additionally, this highlight doesn't perform too well over foundation, dragging the top layer off your skin and onto the tube. I would recommend it for people who like a no-makeup makeup look, and will continue using it, but it is not a replacement for other high end highlighters.
Anthea S.
Anthea S.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA

Holy grail status right here! And I'm not one to say that lightly. I'm a huge fan of highlighters but I am picky about them as well-I hate anything with chunks of glitter or an unnatural color that leaves a stripe on the cheekbones. This is the exact opposite of that. It has the most beautiful, dewy finish and it looks so natural; it has to be the most natural looking highlight I've ever tried. It doesn't emphasize my pores like some powder highlights, and the color (Quartz) is perfect for my fair skin. Plus, it's so easy to use. It practically blends itself! I would definitely recommend it and am planning to repurchase when mine runs out.
Kasi
Kasi

This is one of the most beautiful highlighters that I own. There's something about it that looks so natural yet gorgeous and dewy and on the skin. It does stay sticky, but that doesn't bother me. It's not dry out cakey - it's actually very hydrating, due to its ingredients. Powders layer well on top of it, but I have to be careful about not using to much because it can make it look like I have texture on my skin. My one qualm about this is that there isn't a lot of product in it, but I like it enough that I will still definitely re-buy. I also like that they picked their certain shades so that any skin tone could wear them.
Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.
Riverside, CA

How wel ldo these show up on the skin?
T S.
T S.

Is the shimmer in this subtle or more of an intense glitter? I prefer a shine/sheen rather than sparkle in highlighters, personally.
Taylor Z.
Taylor Z.

looks interesting? should i go for it??
Danielle T.
Danielle T.
Pound Ridge, NY

Is this more of a subtle wet highlight or is it boom in your face glow??
Alyssa H.
Alyssa H.

Is the ok for oily skin?