BY GLOSSIER #27 in Highlighter

Skincare + makeup = Haloscope, the galaxy’s first dew effect highlighter. It’s a dual-delivery formula: the outer halo is infused with genuine crystal extracts for all-day enlightenment, with a solid oil core of vitamin-rich moisturizers for a hydrated, dewy finish. Expect an otherworldly sheen that’s never dry, never glittery. Two essential shades for two intentions: Quartz for a universally flattering, pearlescent highlight, and golden Topaz for a healthy, sun-kissed glow.

Glossier Haloscope Highlighter
  • "love their highlighter in quartz. it gives a nice glossy sheen instead of a super shimmery look. however, this product doesn't last very long on your face because of it's consistency. you need to touch up in a few hours. " in 73 reviews
  • "tried this the other day and i have to say i'm impressed , this didn't disturb my foundation and for an extra blinding look i topped with a powder highlight" in 42 reviews
Lilly C.
Bethel
I haven’t been using this highlighter for too long, but I love it already. Personally, I don’t like using a powder highlight, because sometimes there’s a lot of fallout, and it generally just looks fake, or like I put a bunch of glitter all over my face. If you’re the same, I think the haloscope is the one for you. It’s VERY subtle, but you can still tell it’s there, and it gives you a beautiful, natural glow, as if the light is hitting it naturally. It’s not the most expensive thing, but it is worth the money. The only thing I would say is that if you have very visible pores or blackheads/texture on parts of your face that show through when you’re applying highlight, as a normal highlight would, it kind of highlights your pores as well, so I would just be aware of that. But I do, and it doesn’t bother me too much.
Yuli S.
New York
I really love this highlighter for so many reasons. 1. Like all of glossier products it’s very buildable and layerable 2. Looks natural as a result 3. I like the packaging because it makes it easy to throw in my bag and reapply whenever I need that extra glow. I have the most neutral shade which I love so much that I’m going to purchase the bronzey tone so I can look like I have a sun kissed glow. I’ve tried other highlighters ranging from high end powder formulas to organic natural coconut based formulas and somehow they’ve gotten the sheen just right with this one. It’s really to use even for a beginner makeup noob like me. Sometimes I’ll just use my finger and tap/rub on or I’ll just use the highlighter to directly swipe onto my face. Love love love
Stacey D.
Philadelphia
I'm still on the fence with this highlighter.  As a highlighting amateur, I'm not sure if this product is doing the trick.  I've watched quite a bit of YouTube tutorials on different highlighters and how to use them but I think this product is missing the boat.  I applied it to the upper part of my cheek bones and around the orbital bone.  I have also applied a bit to the tip of my nose.  This highlighter actually highlights my skin's imperfections.  It looks very textured and the highlight is so subtle the only way you can tell it is on is from the textured looking skin.  If you are going to use this, I recommend using your fingers to apply it rather than using it directly from the tube.
Alex S.
Carmel, IN
Going for that dewy look on your face? This stuff is for you. I can’t believe I went without haloscope for so long; it’s my personal favorite product from Glossier (that I’ve tried).

I apply on high points of my face where I naturally want a little bit of glow. I follow normal highlighting procedures: Cupid’s bow, center of nose, chin, high points of cheekbones and some areas on forehead (depends on how I style my hair). I do have pronounced apples on cheeks and add some Haloscope lightly over my blush (as I consider this a high point of my face when I smile).

I have fair skin and use quartz. I find it blends well my skin tone but I do tap the product in to ensure blending.

BONUS: need to pack light? I use this as a creamy eyeshadow too, and I’m set for the day!
paige w.
Perfect for a dewy look! It does not look powdery or sparkly. It gives you the perfect "just worked out" glow. A similar highlighter is the  NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter in crystal glare. This highlighter does not look "fake" or make your pores/texture look bigger, but makes the skin glow and look more natural. It is not too expensive, but for the amount of product you are getting it is a bit pricey. (very subtle, dewy) Perfect for an everyday look!
Olivia V.
I have mixed feeling about this product...
I am a big fan of glossier especially on their Philosophy concerning makeup.
I really appreciate how their products are more on the appeal of “enhancing natural beauty”.
I use the halo stick in a half-halo on my face as well as my inner corners of my eyes; mine is in Moonstone initially going more towards a natural “dew” effect than a color.
I must say it does look beautiful on the skin!
But I am not such a fan of the oil in the center because it makes application a bit frustrating.
I can’t just directly apply it from the stick because the rubbing will remove my makeup so instead I get the product on my finger and dab it in my desired areas.
I have more of an oily skin type so it also feels a little uncomfortable throughout the day & sticky.
Overall I think drier skin types could find it more pleasing but being in the hot summer months the last thing I want is to feel sticky.
But I do enjoy the product for the most part.
Annie M.
Akron, OH
I want to love this so bad because I loved so much of my glossier products but I have to admit that I was let down, it’s just so wet? I’m not sure how to describe it you definitely cannot put it on top of foundation and when I put it on my bearskin it’s hard to set it comes off so easily to this day I still try to find someway to make it work because my friend loves her highlighter maybe it’s just me
Jocelyn S.
Indianapolis, IN
Perfect sheer dewy highlighter in my option! I have it in quartz and it’s so beautiful! Some highlighters can be way too glittery for me but this has the right amount of shine for my minimalist makeup look! Super buildable , like all Glossier products, so if you don’t get enough just keep adding! Love that the outside ring is the simmery highlighter and the inside core adds hydration the dewy effect! Glossier Haloscope Highlighter
Sean M.
Kingwood, TX
Let me start off by saying if you like wearing foundation with this stuff you’ll probably hate it. This highlighter stick gives you the dewy glow you with no sort of sparkle behind it. The effect is beautiful on bare skin. I found that when I would use my hourglass foundation stick it seemed to strip it and became patchy which was something I didn’t like about the product but I cannot give this product less than 4 stars because of the beautiful glow it gives to bare skin.
Morgan F.
Oconomowoc, WI
I have this in moonstone, and I use it all year long (rotating with smashbox wand in the summer time) because it gives the perfect amount of shine and shimmer for an everyday look. My stick is completely empty and I’ve been getting every last bit of it out of the bottom with a toothpick, that’s how much I love this stuff. It lasted me exactly a year since I purchased of mostly every day use, so a pretty good value. I will probably never be without this in my makeup bag!
Danielle T.
Pound Ridge, NY
Is this more of a subtle wet highlight or is it boom in your face glow??
Alyssa R.
Ontario, CA
How wel ldo these show up on the skin?
T S.
Is the shimmer in this subtle or more of an intense glitter? I prefer a shine/sheen rather than sparkle in highlighters, personally.
Taylor Z.
looks interesting? should i go for it??
Brandi C.
Las Vegas, NV
Do any stores carry this brand?