Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#531 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (12)
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Alliance, OH

Adding to my #CultClassics list as we speak. I received this as a Christmas gift (in Jam) and have already ordered another Generation G in a second color (Cake). The consistency is great! It blends into your lips slightly, giving them an overall tint, rather than a glossy, plump. It's so easy to apply, it practically glides over your lips. Will continue to buy this product for years to come!
Karen S.
Karen S.

I am so obsessed with these! They give you that blotted lip look. They are matte (not transfer proof) but not drying. They feel like a lip balm and they give the most beautiful color to your lips. My favorite is 'cake' & 'like' because they enhance my natural lip color. I also have 'crush' & 'zip' and these are a purple and red. They are also sheer & so effortless to apply. Great product!
Kat S.
Kat S.

Crush is my ultimate MLBB shade. It has the perfect sheer peachy-pink tone. The finish is matte but applies like a moisturizing balm. I wear this everyday to work because it looks so natural but still manages to enhance my lips. Only complaint though is that it doesn't last long. The shade completely disappears after I had eaten, so I have to reapply every couple of hours.
Kelsey A.
Kelsey A.

This is a great tinted matte lip balm. It is perfect for the office because I don't have to worry about it sliding around or being too bold. I love it even for going to workout since it just gives my lips a natural tint. I would definitely recommend this to those looking for a very natural lip color or for younger girls!
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Palm Harbor, FL

I love this lipstick--if it even makes sense to call it that. I would say this is somewhere between a lipstick and lip stain, in a great way. The color is buildable, and can go from relatively sheer to almost opaque. It also has a matte finish, but isn't drying. When I wear it I forget I have anything on my lips at all!
Liz Q.
Liz Q.
Brooklyn, NY

Love my gen g sticks! I have Leo and zip and use Leo literally every day. It gives the perfect warm, cocoa color to make the lips naturally pop and is very buildable. The formula is also very hydrating compared to other 'lip tints or lip sticks' and I usually dab a little balm dotcom over for added sheen and hydration.
Bethany C.
Bethany C.

This is a great every day lip product. It's easy to apply, buildable, and long lasting. I wish it were slightly more moisturizing but I love that the finish walks the line between a true matte and demi matte. It's a nice in-between look. I have the color Jam and it's a great deep berry shade for fall.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY

The effect of this is like stain, and it's somewhat buildable. I prefer it to stains though because I think the tube applicator is more convenient. I use it under the Glossier Balm Dotcom lip balm as it can get a little drying. I think this color would work well on most skin tones!
Krista S.
Krista S.
Newbury Park, CA

In LOVE with this lippie from Glossier. I ordered the shade Crush and I'll be getting more right away. Crush is such a lovely, sheer berry color. The perfect MLBB for me. It feels like a lip balm but appears matte, not glossy or sticky. Not drying whatsoever. Just 100% adore!
Sonia D.
Sonia D.

I loveeeee the colors and sheer payoff, but i really wish these were moisturizing and not matte. I feel like I have to reapply another product on top to keep my lips from chapping, but I'd prefer this to be a one-stop-shop. If this was a dewier finish then I'd give 5 stars!
amrita d.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington, VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Krissy E.
Krissy E.
Foster City, CA
Does this lipstick cling to any dry patches on the lips? It's difficult to find a lipstick that doesn't do that, especially if it is matte.