Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#465 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (9)
Sonia D.
Sonia D.

I loveeeee the colors and sheer payoff, but i really wish these were moisturizing and not matte. I feel like I have to reapply another product on top to keep my lips from chapping, but I'd prefer this to be a one-stop-shop. If this was a dewier finish then I'd give 5 stars!
Swaesha F.
Swaesha F.
Waldorf, MD

generation g in the shade leo is my favorite. it isnt glossy at all it is matte but its not drying like other matte lipsticks. if anything, you could use one of their balm dotcoms and apply that on top after generation g to give it somewhat more of a glossy look
Sunnyvale, CA

I love this lipstick. its hydrating and the color fits perfectly with my skin.i can double coat it for a darker look and single coat it for a more natural look. i bought it online from the glossier website. its not very pricey, i would definitely recommende this.
micah 💫.
micah 💫.
Garrettsville, OH

this lipstick is great for a natural everyday look. it has a matte finish, and the color melts into your lips and adjusts to your lip's natural color. the color stays on for a long time once dried, and it feels really moisturizing and soft on the lips
Julia M.
Julia M.
Pittsburgh, PA

I think this is a very cute tinted lip balm. The color is buildable and it hydrates my lips. I wish the tube was a bit sturdier, but I appreciate it's light weight. I also appreciate that they have a variety of colors that work well on my skin tone.
Emily L.
Emily L.

My favorite lip product. The only thing I wish was available is more shades! I have all four (Jam, Crush, Like, and Cake). They are sheer and easy to build-up. Unlike most other lipsticks, they do not dry out the lips and actually help hydrate.
Haya E.
Haya E.
New York

I swear by this product! It's my every day go-to. Yes the packaging isn't the best and really needs to be improved, but the way these look on my lips....AMAZINGEST. I also feel like my lips feel and look fuller when I use this...
Autumn B.
Autumn B.
Barre, Ma

Glossier is amazing. This product is perfect. I honestly only use this lipstick because the formula is better than anything else I have ever used. It's so amazing not sticky, not smelly, not streaky. It's a true Popsicle stain.
Savannah G.
Savannah G.

I like my makeup to be very easy and natural. Generation G is so simple to apply and looks natural no matter what. The color is buildable and the product does not make your lips look or feel dry. It is my go-to lip color!
CJ A.
CJ A.
Portland, OR

A perfect shade! It's a "my lips but better" shade. The way this wears is so beautiful. It's a little expensive for how cheap the packaging is but the product itself is so amazing. I wear his almost every day!
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington , VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?

Join Now