Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#474 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (10)
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Palm Harbor, FL

I love this lipstick--if it even makes sense to call it that. I would say this is somewhere between a lipstick and lip stain, in a great way. The color is buildable, and can go from relatively sheer to almost opaque. It also has a matte finish, but isn't drying. When I wear it I forget I have anything on my lips at all!
Liz Q.
Liz Q.
Brooklyn, NY

Love my gen g sticks! I have Leo and zip and use Leo literally every day. It gives the perfect warm, cocoa color to make the lips naturally pop and is very buildable. The formula is also very hydrating compared to other 'lip tints or lip sticks' and I usually dab a little balm dotcom over for added sheen and hydration.
Bethany C.
Bethany C.

This is a great every day lip product. It's easy to apply, buildable, and long lasting. I wish it were slightly more moisturizing but I love that the finish walks the line between a true matte and demi matte. It's a nice in-between look. I have the color Jam and it's a great deep berry shade for fall.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY

The effect of this is like stain, and it's somewhat buildable. I prefer it to stains though because I think the tube applicator is more convenient. I use it under the Glossier Balm Dotcom lip balm as it can get a little drying. I think this color would work well on most skin tones!
Krista S.
Krista S.
Newbury Park, CA

In LOVE with this lippie from Glossier. I ordered the shade Crush and I'll be getting more right away. Crush is such a lovely, sheer berry color. The perfect MLBB for me. It feels like a lip balm but appears matte, not glossy or sticky. Not drying whatsoever. Just 100% adore!
Sonia D.
Sonia D.

I loveeeee the colors and sheer payoff, but i really wish these were moisturizing and not matte. I feel like I have to reapply another product on top to keep my lips from chapping, but I'd prefer this to be a one-stop-shop. If this was a dewier finish then I'd give 5 stars!
Roxana E.
Roxana E.
Denver, CO

I have this in jam a deep berry shade and while I love the shade it is a sheer coverage but still matte enough that it can look bad on chapped lips. The texture is nice but doesn't feel too moisturizing, however great shade and nice blotted look for daytime or a subtle look
Swaesha F.
Swaesha F.
Waldorf, MD

generation g in the shade leo is my favorite. it isnt glossy at all it is matte but its not drying like other matte lipsticks. if anything, you could use one of their balm dotcoms and apply that on top after generation g to give it somewhat more of a glossy look
Sunnyvale, CA

I love this lipstick. its hydrating and the color fits perfectly with my skin.i can double coat it for a darker look and single coat it for a more natural look. i bought it online from the glossier website. its not very pricey, i would definitely recommende this.
Haley M.
Haley M.

Love the sheer but bright color of Glossier Generation G in Zip. Love the free samples that came with it and that they use models with different skin tones to show how it would look. Only downside is it eventually wears into the creases of my lips.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington, VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?

Join Now