Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#404 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (7)
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY

The effect of this is like stain, and it's somewhat buildable. I prefer it to stains though because I think the tube applicator is more convenient. I use it under the Glossier Balm Dotcom lip balm as it can get a little drying. I think this color would work well on most skin tones!
Kait M.
Kait M.
Surry, VA

This product is nice for a subtle lip color. It doesn't apply that easily, but it look decent on. This is more of a lip balm constancy. If you are looking for a dramatic lipstick this is not recommend. The coverage is very sheer. Overall, the product is worth having at least one.
Krista S.
Krista S.
Newbury Park, CA

In LOVE with this lippie from Glossier. I ordered the shade Crush and I'll be getting more right away. Crush is such a lovely, sheer berry color. The perfect MLBB for me. It feels like a lip balm but appears matte, not glossy or sticky. Not drying whatsoever. Just 100% adore!
Roxana E.
Roxana E.
Denver, CO

I have this in jam a deep berry shade and while I love the shade it is a sheer coverage but still matte enough that it can look bad on chapped lips. The texture is nice but doesn't feel too moisturizing, however great shade and nice blotted look for daytime or a subtle look
Swaesha F.
Swaesha F.
Waldorf, MD

generation g in the shade leo is my favorite. it isnt glossy at all it is matte but its not drying like other matte lipsticks. if anything, you could use one of their balm dotcoms and apply that on top after generation g to give it somewhat more of a glossy look
Sunnyvale, CA

I love this lipstick. its hydrating and the color fits perfectly with my skin.i can double coat it for a darker look and single coat it for a more natural look. i bought it online from the glossier website. its not very pricey, i would definitely recommende this.
micah 💫.
micah 💫.
Garrettsville, OH

this lipstick is great for a natural everyday look. it has a matte finish, and the color melts into your lips and adjusts to your lip's natural color. the color stays on for a long time once dried, and it feels really moisturizing and soft on the lips
Julia M.
Julia M.
Pittsburgh, PA

I think this is a very cute tinted lip balm. The color is buildable and it hydrates my lips. I wish the tube was a bit sturdier, but I appreciate it's light weight. I also appreciate that they have a variety of colors that work well on my skin tone.
Emily L.
Emily L.

My favorite lip product. The only thing I wish was available is more shades! I have all four (Jam, Crush, Like, and Cake). They are sheer and easy to build-up. Unlike most other lipsticks, they do not dry out the lips and actually help hydrate.
Dymond M.
Dymond M.
Fayetteville, GA

I own this in every color and the formulation is pretty good. I'm not a big fan of matte but the colors (minus Cake) are nice so I enjoy buying them. The packaging has improved since I bought my first one, and it's a lot more sturdy now.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington, VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Jo K.
Jo K.
Portland, OR

does it feel greasy or sticky?

Join Now