BY GLOSSIER

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

• I love my Generation G but hate that the lipstick broke o...2 Answers
  • Does this lipstick cling to any dry patches on the lips? ...3 Answers
  • Has anyone noticed the lipstick to be less pigmented sinc...1 Answers
Glossier Generation G
  • "Great natural tint to your lips for every day look and it every hydrating on yours lips love!!" in 47 reviews
  • "I got in Jam and Like. Both are really moisturizing and the color is long lasting. I want to get in EVERY color. " in 17 reviews
Zaynah K.
Corona, CA
Review for: Like more...
Great for daily no makeup look, gives a slight flush of color without the shininess of a balm. Very natural looking. Would stay away if your lips are dry and flaky. Definitely need to keep exfoliating if you want to use this.
They could work on their packaging, it needs to be sturdier for something that costs as much as it does.
Madison W.
Review for: Jam more...
I adore this product. The color is a deep berry and verges on purple. It’s easy to build on from a light tint to a heavy lipstick. I have very light skin so it’s such a stark pop of color that I love. The only downside is that it doesn’t last long once it comes in contact with saliva. I have pretty thin lips so I have the reapply often, but I could see it lasting much longer if you have larger lips. I highly recommend using it with Glossier’s lip gloss. Together they give you really pretty, juicy lips. I use the Jam alone during the day and add lip gloss to it when I’m going out. The lip gloss also helps protect the coloring and makes it last longer.
Karen H.
Kansas City, MO
Review for: Crush more...
I returned this product. I found the texture to be very waxy and it did not adhere to my lips. I looked like I put on lip liner and forgot the lipstick because it creeped to the edges of my lips. I had an awesome experience with Glossier's customer service and will absolutely order again, just not the lip product!
Sarah L.
Astoria, NY
Review for: Jam, Leo, Zip, Crush more...
I love the looks of generation g. They’re super easy to swipe on and are easy to layer for more/less pigment. I like the way they fade out - makes for a nice subtle look. I just wish they were less drying - the colors are very matte so I always layer a bit of balm dot com on top but I love the look I get from them.
Sarah T.
Bloomington, IN
Review for: Jam, Crush more...
I have four colors of generation G and two are my absolute favorite lip products but the other two are kind of meh. Jam is a gorgeous matte purple that goes on like a balm with no shine and last several hours I love how it is sheer and you can still see your lips but it makes you look instantly pull together. Crush is a gorgeous dark hot ready pink that just makes you feel like summer as soon as you put it on. The red and brown shades released later aren’t as good for me, I can’t see the brown at all on my lips and the red isn’t a great red balm which is disappointing. I do want to try the colourpop blotted lips that should be a dupe.
Liz G.
New Haven, CT
I put this on my lips and cheeks and then blend in with Cherry Chapstick. I get a gorgeous, dewy glow that instantly wakes up my face. I was putting it on in the Grand Central Station bathroom and I noticed the girl next to me watching my transformation. She wanted to know all about my Glossier Generation G!
Danielle L.
New Orleans, LA
Review for: Like more...
One thing I love about this lipstick is how moisturizing it is. Many of the lipsticks I have used in the past make my lips feel dried out—but not this one! My only complaint with this lipstick is the packaging. It feels cheap, and every tube of Generation G that I have bought has broken while in my purse.
emma R.
Saint Paul, MN
I would give this lipstick five stars if it weren't for the terrible packaging. I own this in Zip and Cake. Zip is my favorite lipstick and I bring it with me everywhere. I can apply it without a mirror and it has a beautiful blotted look. Cake, however, was too close to my natural lip color therefore it didn't really look like I was wearing lipstick at all. The packaging is a bit of a failure, once my entire lipstick fell out of the tube a few days after I bought it. Thankfully, Glossier replaced it for me :) I would recommend, but be careful when choosing choosing your shade and be careful with the tube!
Christina K.
Whitestone, NY
Review for: Cake, Crush more...
I wish I loved this because it’s everything I want in a lipstick. The first time I put it on I love it but after consistent use it always dries out my lips. Also I have owned two of these and both of the broke, the lipstick bullet literally broke out of the packaging. I don’t think it’s worth it.
Angela M.
Tybee Island, GA
This product is overall pretty good. I only give it 3 stars because it does not dry in my lips very good and it smudges and gets in your teeth. I revived this in my Ipsy and was excited to wear it because it was such a pretty color but i can’t wear it anymore because it comes off so easy.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA
Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Emily F.
Arlington , VA
How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Jenn E.
Hamilton, Ontario
Thoughts on Glossier Generation G?
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ
I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Rebecca H.
Do these deliver more of a subtle or a bold lip color? I saw it in an ad but I couldn't really tell. And if it's a subtle one does it apply more like a tint/balm or like an actual lipstick?