Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#465 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (9)
Roxana E.
Roxana E.
Denver, CO

I have this in jam a deep berry shade and while I love the shade it is a sheer coverage but still matte enough that it can look bad on chapped lips. The texture is nice but doesn't feel too moisturizing, however great shade and nice blotted look for daytime or a subtle look
Sonia D.
Sonia D.

I loveeeee the colors and sheer payoff, but i really wish these were moisturizing and not matte. I feel like I have to reapply another product on top to keep my lips from chapping, but I'd prefer this to be a one-stop-shop. If this was a dewier finish then I'd give 5 stars!
Swaesha F.
Swaesha F.
Waldorf, MD

generation g in the shade leo is my favorite. it isnt glossy at all it is matte but its not drying like other matte lipsticks. if anything, you could use one of their balm dotcoms and apply that on top after generation g to give it somewhat more of a glossy look
Sunnyvale, CA

I love this lipstick. its hydrating and the color fits perfectly with my skin.i can double coat it for a darker look and single coat it for a more natural look. i bought it online from the glossier website. its not very pricey, i would definitely recommende this.
Haley
Haley
Chicago

Love the sheer but bright color of Glossier Generation G in Zip. Love the free samples that came with it and that they use models with different skin tones to show how it would look. Only downside is it eventually wears into the creases of my lips.
Erica R.
Erica R.
Athens, OH

I am obsessed with these, I wear the color zip and even though it's bright red in the tube it looks like a gorgeous natural flush on the lips. The color is matte yet super hydrating, and gives the same gentle wash of color like you've been eating a popsicle
micah 💫.
micah 💫.
Garrettsville, OH

this lipstick is great for a natural everyday look. it has a matte finish, and the color melts into your lips and adjusts to your lip's natural color. the color stays on for a long time once dried, and it feels really moisturizing and soft on the lips
Julia M.
Julia M.
Pittsburgh, PA

I think this is a very cute tinted lip balm. The color is buildable and it hydrates my lips. I wish the tube was a bit sturdier, but I appreciate it's light weight. I also appreciate that they have a variety of colors that work well on my skin tone.
Emily L.
Emily L.

My favorite lip product. The only thing I wish was available is more shades! I have all four (Jam, Crush, Like, and Cake). They are sheer and easy to build-up. Unlike most other lipsticks, they do not dry out the lips and actually help hydrate.
Haya E.
Haya E.
New York

I swear by this product! It's my every day go-to. Yes the packaging isn't the best and really needs to be improved, but the way these look on my lips....AMAZINGEST. I also feel like my lips feel and look fuller when I use this...
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington , VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?

Join Now