BY GLOSSIER

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Glossier Generation G
  • "Great natural tint to your lips for every day look and it every hydrating on yours lips love!!" in 58 reviews
  • "Great natural tint to your lips for every day look and it every hydrating on yours lips love!!" in 47 reviews
  • "I got in Jam and Like. Both are really moisturizing and the color is long lasting. I want to get in EVERY color. " in 17 reviews
Rachel M.
Rochester Hls, MI
Review for: Like, Zip, Crush more...
These were just okay. They aren’t nearly as pigmented as marketed, but they are hydrating and a great tinted chapstick. The packaging is a little cheap, and I had two of mine fall apart within a couple of weeks which was a bummer. Luckily, the company resent a new tube for free! I would not repurchase.
Angela M.
Tybee Island
This product is overall pretty good. I only give it 3 stars because it does not dry in my lips very good and it smudges and gets in your teeth. I revived this in my Ipsy and was excited to wear it because it was such a pretty color but i can’t wear it anymore because it comes off so easy.
Amanda D.
Redwood City, CA
Review for: Like, Crush more...
I have two of these, and I love the way it looks. It's sheer enough to look like my lips just are that color -- but you should know, it does build! Once you layer the color, you can tell it's lipstick. My favorite usage is one or two swipes, infrequently reapplied (to prevent layering).
Blaine H.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
I have this lipstick in ALMOST every color they offer. Very buildable, doesn’t dry out my lips, more of a sheer lipstick than a full coverage. Love the light floral colors of them as well. The only thing I didn’t love was how easily they fall out of the container! Handle with care 😭
Suela S.
University Ht, OH
Review for: Jam more...
This was the first glossier product I tried and it definitely did not disappoint! I love the simple and sleek packaging! I can just throw it in my purse and can wear it on the go as a lip tint for everyday or a darker deep berry for a darker look! It feels gray on the lips and has a pleasant scent!
Kayla G.
Tupelo
Review for: Jam, Like, Leo, Zip, Cake more...
This product is just ok. The color selection is pretty, but I find that the formulas between colors are inconsistent. Some were very dry and hard to apply. Also, the packaging isn’t great. The lipstick tends to break off inside the tube and fall out when the lid is opened.
RACHEL N.
Cambridge, MA
Review for: Jam, Zip more...
I am not a lipstick person, but I like these lipsticks. They are much drier than my other lipsticks, which I really liked because there is less risk of it transferring onto teeth/outside my lips/coffee mugs/etc. The color is pretty long-lasting. My favorite aspect of Gen G is that they are so buildable - both shades I have are super bright (Zip is a bright red and Jam is a vibrant berry) if applied several times over the lips, but a quick swipe gives a subtle pigment that is perfect for daytime. It's a really versatile product.
Sabrina Y.
Bayside, NY
I love Generation G in cake and it’s a my lips but better color. They are just a light touch of color but it’s so perfect for that natural look. The smell isn’t that great but it doesn’t bother me after I put it on because it fades pretty quickly (the scent).
Becca B.
Brooklyn, NY
Love this! Subtle enough to wear every day and feels nice on my lips. Right after I put it on I forget I am wearing but I always get compliments. Lasts a long time too! Take advantage of the referral discounts for Glossier and you can get it for a great price.
sadie k.
Review for: Crush more...
Really love this lip color. It’s a nice more than sheer, less than full coverage look. It is between a crayon and lipstick in consistency and goes on fairly smooth and doesn’t smudge easily. The only thing I don’t like is that it seems to dry out quickly.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA
Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Emily F.
Arlington , VA
How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ
I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY
For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Krissy E.
Redwood City, CA
Does this lipstick cling to any dry patches on the lips? It's difficult to find a lipstick that doesn't do that, especially if it is matte.