Glossier Generation G uploaded by Alice T.Glossier Generation G uploaded by Audrey R.Glossier Generation G uploaded by Bailey T.See all 14 photos
6 colors available

BY GLOSSIER

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

• Does this lipstick cling to any dry p...I found it did. I always moist... 3 Answers
  • Has anyone noticed the lipstick to be...Be the first to answer!
  • Is Generation G drying?I find that when I initially p... 1 Answers
Photos (14)
Kat S.
Kat S.
Crush is my ultimate MLBB shade. It has the perfect sheer peachy-pink tone. The finish is matte but applies like a moisturizing balm. I wear this everyday to work because it looks so natural but still manages to enhance my lips. Only complaint though is that it doesn't last long. The shade completely disappears after I had eaten, so I have to reapply every couple of hours.
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Palm Harbor, FL
July 1, 2016, 12:54 a.m.
Review for: Jam
I love this lipstick--if it even makes sense to call it that. I would say this is somewhere between a lipstick and lip stain, in a great way. The color is buildable, and can go from relatively sheer to almost opaque. It also has a matte finish, but isn't drying. When I wear it I forget I have anything on my lips at all!
Liz Q.
Liz Q.
Brooklyn, NY
Love my gen g sticks! I have Leo and zip and use Leo literally every day. It gives the perfect warm, cocoa color to make the lips naturally pop and is very buildable. The formula is also very hydrating compared to other 'lip tints or lip sticks' and I usually dab a little balm dotcom over for added sheen and hydration.
Bethany C.
Bethany C.
This is a great every day lip product. It's easy to apply, buildable, and long lasting. I wish it were slightly more moisturizing but I love that the finish walks the line between a true matte and demi matte. It's a nice in-between look. I have the color Jam and it's a great deep berry shade for fall.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
July 1, 2016, 10:38 a.m.
Review for: Crush
The effect of this is like stain, and it's somewhat buildable. I prefer it to stains though because I think the tube applicator is more convenient. I use it under the Glossier Balm Dotcom lip balm as it can get a little drying. I think this color would work well on most skin tones!
Krista S.
Krista S.
Newbury park , CA
In LOVE with this lippie from Glossier. I ordered the shade Crush and I'll be getting more right away. Crush is such a lovely, sheer berry color. The perfect MLBB for me. It feels like a lip balm but appears matte, not glossy or sticky. Not drying whatsoever. Just 100% adore!
Roxana E.
Roxana E.
Denver, CO
I have this in jam a deep berry shade and while I love the shade it is a sheer coverage but still matte enough that it can look bad on chapped lips. The texture is nice but doesn't feel too moisturizing, however great shade and nice blotted look for daytime or a subtle look
Swaesha F.
Swaesha F.
Waldorf, MD
generation g in the shade leo is my favorite. it isnt glossy at all it is matte but its not drying like other matte lipsticks. if anything, you could use one of their balm dotcoms and apply that on top after generation g to give it somewhat more of a glossy look
Sunnyvale, CA
June 30, 2016, 3:25 p.m.
Review for: Jam
I love this lipstick. its hydrating and the color fits perfectly with my skin.i can double coat it for a darker look and single coat it for a more natural look. i bought it online from the glossier website. its not very pricey, i would definitely recommende this.
micah 💫.
micah 💫.
Garrettsville, OH
this lipstick is great for a natural everyday look. it has a matte finish, and the color melts into your lips and adjusts to your lip's natural color. the color stays on for a long time once dried, and it feels really moisturizing and soft on the lips
Sunnyvale, CA
Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ
I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Do these deliver more of a subtle or a bold lip color? I saw it in an ad but I couldn't really tell. And if it's a subtle one does it apply more like a tint/balm or like an actual lipstick?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY
For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?