Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#483 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (10)
Lucy L.
Lucy L.
Brooklyn, NY

This lip stain is my go-to lip product and I especially love this product in the shade, Cake. I find Cake to be the perfect my lips but better product and I adore the peachy tones in it. The color is very buildable and not drying at all. The only minor problem I have is the packaging. The lip stick moves in the plastic tube and it does look cheap for what is legit cost. However, I would definitely buy this product again and I currently have Cake and Crush but would love to try all the shades.
Aimee R.
Aimee R.

Maybe I'm missing the trick in using this, but I'm a bit disappointed in the Generation G. It feels a bit like I'm using a Crayola crayon on my lips. My lips are forever dry, and this just dries them out further. However, that being said, I really like the color payoff. It's very buildable, so I can have as much or as little color as I want. It's a little pricey, but I would probably buy again and pair it with some lip balm. I'm in love with the combination of Zip and the Glossier Lip Gloss!
Paige T.
Paige T.
Madison, WI

I bought this awhile ago during the beginning of the Glossier craze. At first I wore it non-stop, and I still do wear it from time to time, but found that it was actually drying my lips out. If you have sensitive lips like mine I would suggest putting balm  over it, which kind of defeats the purpose. IF you love it keep wearing it! But for those doing their research I would say you could find a cheaper alternative with a burt's bees colored lip balm.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Portland, OR

The packaging could definitely be better: the lipstick moves around in the tube and ends up scraping off on the sides no matter how careful you are.

But 'cake' is a perfect sheer, peachy tint for when I want my lips to look healthy and moisturized but don't want to look like I have anything on them. "Lipstick" is maybe a misnomer for these products, but they're great products for a light tint and light dose of moisturizer with a really natural finish.
Courtney N.
Courtney N.
Oklahoma City, OK

I love the concept of "lived-in lip color", and overall I love the look Glossier goes for as a brand: effortless and minimal. I liked the color selection, and the packaging is nice and slim so it's easy to carry. The one thing I don't like about this product is how dry my lips look after I apply it; you can see every line on my lips even if I used lip balm beforehand. It's great in theory, but it doesn't work for my constantly dehydrated lips.
Victoria B.
Victoria B.
LOUISVILLE, KY

I got zip (bottom) and Leo (top). The matte finish looks great and feels like chapstick on your lips. Zip is a little darker than I thought it would be, so it's not great for a more natural look if that's what you're going for. I thought Leo would be a little too brown, but it looks amazing on and I wear it with little or no make up because it looks so natural. Pros: build-able, moisturizing, and long lasting. Would definitely purchase again!
Mary Kate R.
Mary Kate R.
Clemson, SC

I am a novice to makeup and I find this product very easy to use. I have the color like and its a really my lips but better color for me. It doesn't do much in terms of changing the color of my lips but it does seem to brighten them which I really like. It also feels very natural and you can't feel it on your lips which I also really love. Overall I do really like this product I just wish it had a little bit more pigment.
Jamie B.
Jamie B.

I am so intimidated by traditional lipsticks. I hate when they smear or partially wear away and don't want to have to sneak away to do damage control in the bathroom. I thought for sure Generation G would overpromise and underdeliver as a more laidback lipstick but I was so pleasantly surprised! Buildable color like a tinted lip balm but without the extra oiliness/grease you get when you use extra lip balm.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Alliance, OH

Adding to my #CultClassics list as we speak. I received this as a Christmas gift (in Jam) and have already ordered another Generation G in a second color (Cake). The consistency is great! It blends into your lips slightly, giving them an overall tint, rather than a glossy, plump. It's so easy to apply, it practically glides over your lips. Will continue to buy this product for years to come!
Kat S.
Kat S.

Crush is my ultimate MLBB shade. It has the perfect sheer peachy-pink tone. The finish is matte but applies like a moisturizing balm. I wear this everyday to work because it looks so natural but still manages to enhance my lips. Only complaint though is that it doesn't last long. The shade completely disappears after I had eaten, so I have to reapply every couple of hours.
amrita d.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington, VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?

Join Now