Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#506 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (3)
Kat S.
Kat S.

Crush is my ultimate MLBB shade. It has the perfect sheer peachy-pink tone. The finish is matte but applies like a moisturizing balm. I wear this everyday to work because it looks so natural but still manages to enhance my lips. Only complaint though is that it doesn't last long. The shade completely disappears after I had eaten, so I have to reapply every couple of hours.
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Palm Harbor, FL

I love this lipstick--if it even makes sense to call it that. I would say this is somewhere between a lipstick and lip stain, in a great way. The color is buildable, and can go from relatively sheer to almost opaque. It also has a matte finish, but isn't drying. When I wear it I forget I have anything on my lips at all!
Liz Q.
Liz Q.
Brooklyn, NY

Love my gen g sticks! I have Leo and zip and use Leo literally every day. It gives the perfect warm, cocoa color to make the lips naturally pop and is very buildable. The formula is also very hydrating compared to other 'lip tints or lip sticks' and I usually dab a little balm dotcom over for added sheen and hydration.
Bethany C.
Bethany C.

This is a great every day lip product. It's easy to apply, buildable, and long lasting. I wish it were slightly more moisturizing but I love that the finish walks the line between a true matte and demi matte. It's a nice in-between look. I have the color Jam and it's a great deep berry shade for fall.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY

The effect of this is like stain, and it's somewhat buildable. I prefer it to stains though because I think the tube applicator is more convenient. I use it under the Glossier Balm Dotcom lip balm as it can get a little drying. I think this color would work well on most skin tones!
Krista S.
Krista S.
Newbury Park, CA

In LOVE with this lippie from Glossier. I ordered the shade Crush and I'll be getting more right away. Crush is such a lovely, sheer berry color. The perfect MLBB for me. It feels like a lip balm but appears matte, not glossy or sticky. Not drying whatsoever. Just 100% adore!
Swaesha F.
Swaesha F.
Waldorf, MD

generation g in the shade leo is my favorite. it isnt glossy at all it is matte but its not drying like other matte lipsticks. if anything, you could use one of their balm dotcoms and apply that on top after generation g to give it somewhat more of a glossy look
Sunnyvale, CA

I love this lipstick. its hydrating and the color fits perfectly with my skin.i can double coat it for a darker look and single coat it for a more natural look. i bought it online from the glossier website. its not very pricey, i would definitely recommende this.
Emily L.
Emily L.

My favorite lip product. The only thing I wish was available is more shades! I have all four (Jam, Crush, Like, and Cake). They are sheer and easy to build-up. Unlike most other lipsticks, they do not dry out the lips and actually help hydrate.
Dymond M.
Dymond M.
Fayetteville, GA

I own this in every color and the formulation is pretty good. I'm not a big fan of matte but the colors (minus Cake) are nice so I enjoy buying them. The packaging has improved since I bought my first one, and it's a lot more sturdy now.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Jo K.
Jo K.
Portland, OR

does it feel greasy or sticky?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Elise B.
Elise B.

Has anyone else found reacting weirdly with their lips? I've been using regularly for a week and just noticed a bunch of bumps on my upper lip that weren't there before 😬

Join Now