Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#465 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (9)
Victoria B.
Victoria B.
LOUISVILLE, KY

I got zip (bottom) and Leo (top). The matte finish looks great and feels like chapstick on your lips. Zip is a little darker than I thought it would be, so it's not great for a more natural look if that's what you're going for. I thought Leo would be a little too brown, but it looks amazing on and I wear it with little or no make up because it looks so natural. Pros: build-able, moisturizing, and long lasting. Would definitely purchase again!
Mary Kate R.
Mary Kate R.
Clemson, SC

I am a novice to makeup and I find this product very easy to use. I have the color like and its a really my lips but better color for me. It doesn't do much in terms of changing the color of my lips but it does seem to brighten them which I really like. It also feels very natural and you can't feel it on your lips which I also really love. Overall I do really like this product I just wish it had a little bit more pigment.
Jamie B.
Jamie B.

I am so intimidated by traditional lipsticks. I hate when they smear or partially wear away and don't want to have to sneak away to do damage control in the bathroom. I thought for sure Generation G would overpromise and underdeliver as a more laidback lipstick but I was so pleasantly surprised! Buildable color like a tinted lip balm but without the extra oiliness/grease you get when you use extra lip balm.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Alliance, OH

Adding to my #CultClassics list as we speak. I received this as a Christmas gift (in Jam) and have already ordered another Generation G in a second color (Cake). The consistency is great! It blends into your lips slightly, giving them an overall tint, rather than a glossy, plump. It's so easy to apply, it practically glides over your lips. Will continue to buy this product for years to come!
Kat S.
Kat S.

Crush is my ultimate MLBB shade. It has the perfect sheer peachy-pink tone. The finish is matte but applies like a moisturizing balm. I wear this everyday to work because it looks so natural but still manages to enhance my lips. Only complaint though is that it doesn't last long. The shade completely disappears after I had eaten, so I have to reapply every couple of hours.
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Palm Harbor, FL

I love this lipstick--if it even makes sense to call it that. I would say this is somewhere between a lipstick and lip stain, in a great way. The color is buildable, and can go from relatively sheer to almost opaque. It also has a matte finish, but isn't drying. When I wear it I forget I have anything on my lips at all!
Liz Q.
Liz Q.
Brooklyn, NY

Love my gen g sticks! I have Leo and zip and use Leo literally every day. It gives the perfect warm, cocoa color to make the lips naturally pop and is very buildable. The formula is also very hydrating compared to other 'lip tints or lip sticks' and I usually dab a little balm dotcom over for added sheen and hydration.
Bethany C.
Bethany C.

This is a great every day lip product. It's easy to apply, buildable, and long lasting. I wish it were slightly more moisturizing but I love that the finish walks the line between a true matte and demi matte. It's a nice in-between look. I have the color Jam and it's a great deep berry shade for fall.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY

The effect of this is like stain, and it's somewhat buildable. I prefer it to stains though because I think the tube applicator is more convenient. I use it under the Glossier Balm Dotcom lip balm as it can get a little drying. I think this color would work well on most skin tones!
Krista S.
Krista S.
Newbury Park, CA

In LOVE with this lippie from Glossier. I ordered the shade Crush and I'll be getting more right away. Crush is such a lovely, sheer berry color. The perfect MLBB for me. It feels like a lip balm but appears matte, not glossy or sticky. Not drying whatsoever. Just 100% adore!
amrita d.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington , VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?

Join Now