Glossier Generation G

by Glossier

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Glossier Generation G ? How is the texture of this lipstick? Do you need to have perfect lips before you apply or it can be used and won’t see the creases of the lips?
What is the pigmentation like for Glossier Generation G? Is it more like a balm or a lipstick?
Does this product have a more “everyday look” vibe then full coverage lipstick?
Start your review of Glossier Generation G!
Product Highlights
“Great natural tint to your lips for every day look and it every hydrating on yours lips love!!” in 47 reviews
“I got in Jam and Like. Both are really moisturizing and the color is long lasting. I want to get in EVERY color. ” in 17 reviews
Freehold, NJ
Glossier Generation G uploaded by Tiffany Michele R.
Glossier Lip Gloss (Clear) & Glossier Generation G Sheer Matte Lipstick (#037 - Leo) I do like this Gen G lipstick from Glossier. I purchased it in Leo - which is described as a "neutral cocoa brown". I would say that description is accurate and would have much more of a brown tint on lighter skin tones. On darker tones, like mine, it's more of a Nude which is perfect because that is how I was hoping it would look. Actual "Nude" shades tend to look very Peachy on darker skin. I'm very much a make-up minimalist so really wanted a bare-look lipstick to add to my collection of tinted balms. This doesn't feel moisturizing or nourishing, but it doesn't feel dry either - it's just sort of there. It does glide on smoothly but it's nothing to brag about. I also picked up the lip gloss in clear (offered as a duo set) - I find it to be quite sticky actually but the more you wear it, the less you'll notice (though that particular flaw is not something one should have to get used to). A tacky residue is left behind on anything your lips touch (including people) so that's kind of a fail. That said, it does give high shine, glossy power, and lasts fairly long. It also glides on smoothly but once it's on, it kind of begins to feel like my lips have dry saliva on them, if thst makes sense. Not impressed. And both items are quite small for the price, in my opinion. Even the lipstick (photo #1) - the tube casing looks normal size but when you open it the actual lipstick cone seems quite short I think. I may repurchase the lipstick, I don't know yet. I will not repurchase the gloss though. I have clear glosses that are not sticky, give great shine, more product, and are way cheaper. The image (#2) of my lips (I have fairly small, kind of thin lips) shows the Gen G Leo paired with a very light coating of the gloss on top. But the color as it appears is true to the Leo matte (just with a bit of shine)... I only added the gloss to make the color more pronounced for the photo so y'all can see how it shades against darker skin complexions. Oh.. there's also a "free hairclips" promo with purchase going on - 2 clips - I included a photo (#3) of one and I don't even know what I'd do with them to be honest. They are way too small for my hair and I don't like the color or design at all. Maybe if they were offered in other / darker colors? I don't know... Anyway... hope someone finds my thoughts on these products helpful!
Bayonne
Review for: Like
one of my favorite lipsticks! I don't know of any other product that performs like an actual lipstick and hydrates, but LOOKS like an old-school blotted lipstick. This doesn't get cakey even with a few reapplications throughout a long day, and looks perfect with a more dramatic eye. I looked for YEARS for a product that performs like this, and never found it until Glossier. I have the Liked, it's a very versatile mauve. 5 stars for that, but 3 for another color I had, a red called zip. That easily got cakey and was pretty orange. Maybe I got a bad batch, or the color just wasn't right on me, but Liked is the one I'd repurchase.
Northbrook
Review for: Jam, Like, Zip
My absolute favorite lipsticks! I have three shades right now and I want them all! My favorite color switches constantly but I use them all time! I use one almost every day! Currently my favorite is Jam, a pretty berry color. But over the summer Zip, the red shade, was my go to! The formula is so nice and buildable and not drying at all! You can do one coat and keep it more sheer or add a few more coats and build up the color! I love that it's matte but not drying, it feels so nice on my lips! Love this product so much!
Lawrence, KS
Review for: Crush
I really like this product! I think it provides a nice natural color that makes my lips look naturally more pink for a good part of the day. The formula is nice as well, because it isn't drying and at least still provides some moisture. I think for how long the product lasts, it is definitely worth the price and I would buy again in different colors in the future. Highly recommend as a tinted lip product that isn't heavy like a lipstick, but still provides pretty, natural color.
Dallas, GA
Review for: Jam
I really like this lipstick! It is exactly what it’s advertised as, so if you don’t like semi sheer washes of color, don’t buy this. It is on the waxier/drier side but it’s not drying if I put a little bit of balm down first. It’s very long lasting and gives a flattering wash of color. Perfect for work. Jam brightens up my face but I also like Leo and Like. The only negative is it smells like playdoh or something but the smell goes away pretty quick.
Austin, TX
Review for: Jam, Like, Zip
I generally wear fairly light makeup, so these have become my favorite lipsticks since I started using this. It is pretty much weightless with a matte finish, and you can easily build the color up. Zip is a really perfect, bright, kind of orange-y red that also looks great under gloss. My favorite shade is Like, which applies a lot lighter than the color of the stick itself, but it's the color I want my lips to be all of the time.
Scottsdale, AZ
Glossier Generation G uploaded by Naomi T.
Review for: Leo
Generally I’m not a huge fan of matte lipsticks but I do like the look this one gives. The color is sheer so it’s great for the ‘my lips but better’ effect. I enjoy using it on days when I want a more natural make up look. You can also build the opacity by applying multiple layers. However it is quite drying so I prefer to use in combination with some lip balm. Also the packaging isn’t the best - my tube had a slight crack when it arrived and the lipstick itself has detached from the tube so I have to be super careful when using that it doesn’t all slide out!
Austin, TX
Purchased at: Glossier
Review for: Cake
I’ve heard so many amazing things about Glossier. I love how simple their products are, so I’ve been dying to try their Generation G lipsticks. I have to say, I enjoy the color of these a lot, however, they are pretty dry. I felt like I had to warm it up a bit on my lips before any color started to show up. It almost felt a little waxy, but I do love how they look!
I love Glossier products!! Generation G is a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of just-blotted lipstick, without the blot.  It does not dry out your lips at all! Lasts a long time. Easy to layer and reapply. The perfect grab and go for the minimalist diva. It's also cruelty free, vegan, paraben free, hypoallergenic, allergy tested, dermatologist tested.
Plano , TX
Purchased at: Glossier
Review for: Cake, Zip
These are so perfect if you like a matte subtle look these are perfect!! They fit your lip color and suit every skin tone because the sheerness lets your lip color come through they don’t leave a stain which is nice and they hold up throughout the day pretty well definitely recommend plus receiving a glossier package is so much fun
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Burnaby
11 days ago
Ains C. • 10 days ago
very soft! i would layer it on but one swipe and there’s great color! it’s not as moisturizing as i’d like so i usually use lip balm before applying.
Auburn
18 days ago
E(Liz)abeth W. • 14 days ago
It’s more of a lipstick. It’s sheer at first but super comfortable and buildable!
Edmonton, AB
2 months ago
Does anyone know of a shade dupe for the color cake in the Glossier Generation G lipstick? Hope to find the same color with a different formula.
E(Liz)abeth W. • 14 days ago
I don’t know of a dupe but I can tell you it’s SO worth the buy! And up until tomorrow at midnight there’s a 20% off sale! So I’d try it out!
Reading, PA
3 months ago
Has anyone used the Glossier Generation G lipsticks? And if yes, what color? I really want to try these, but want to make sure it’s not drying and see how long the color lasts.
DA3DA3 D. • 2 months ago
I have cake and zip and they are so great!!