Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#465 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (9)
Anna D.
Anna D.
San Jose, CA

I love these! They look so effortless but they give your lips just enough color that you look incredibly healthy and naturally this flawlessly beautiful. I like the color cake for a super natural your lips but better nude that gives my lips just enough color. I think the color zip is my favorite though because it's such a flattering shade of red that truly makes it look like you just ate a cherry popsicle. I feel like Snow White whenever I wear it. The only thing negative I have to say about these lipsticks is that they aren't that long wearing, I'd say the brighter colors have a longevity of about four hours without eating or drinking before they need to be reapplied. Still, I don't mind reapplying these because they don't claim to be long wearing or transfer proof. If you want an effortless matte lipstick that looks natural but beautiful, these are the ones I would recommend!
Lorraine K.
Lorraine K.
Laguna Niguel, CA

This is my everyday lipstick, literally. When I am not planning on putting effort into my makeup for the day, this is always my go to. This is the first of its kind, (correct me if I'm wrong) there is nothing else like this on the market. What the general say about this lipstick is the truth. I use Like and it gives my lips a natural pink flush which is very flattering and not overpowering. It's matte and buildable! I love that about it! Two things though it does dry your lips (not too much) throughout the day. So I do put a lip balm either before or on top of the lipstick to help out with that. The packaging also could be better for the price. Other than that this is my current go to natural everyday lipstick.
Ariane M.
Ariane M.
New York, New York

I wish there were a shade between "Cake" and "Like". I thought "Like" would be the perfect everyday shade for me, but found it to be a bit too purple. The packaging needs work -- the plastic cap is not the easiest to open and close, and my entire lipstick flung out of it (and straight into the bathroom toilet, RIP). The products redeeming quality is its texture. I prefer matte lipsticks to glossy ones, but hate how cakey they can be on the lips. This is perfect for those who want to avoid that since the effect it gives you is more of a "popsicle stain" as I've read before, which is what makes this lipstick stand out from others and why I will give it another try.
So for LIKE, i do like the color, but I think the packaging is cheap. My lipstick fell out after probably 10 times of using it. Pretty natural color. I think I enjoyed the idea and feeling more than I thought it actually looked good. I find this with a lot of glossier products actually. I've tried them all because I love the packaging and love their slightly different take on all these products, but in terms of the makeup I don't feel as though any of them specifically make me look better than another product I already have. I do like the idea that they are more natural looking - but I wish the ingredients were also more natural.
Juliet B.
Juliet B.
Arlington, MA

I don't know how Glossier did it but they managed to create a matte, sheer, buildable lip stain that doesn't dry out my lips. I own Jam (a great berry shade) Crush (a sheer pinky red) and Like (super soft my lips but better pink.) And I love each. I re-purchased as soon as they were back on the site. Hydrating, lush, easy to apply (you barely need a mirror) with no noticeable taste or smell. Perfect summer lips that can build in coverage to be gorgeous as the weather gets colder.

Some day the plastic tube is a little cheap looking - I'm not bothered by it. I like the whole Glossier aesthetic and find it fits in well.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY

This is my favorite item I've purchased from Glossier. It's like a light matte tint on your lips, and I think is a color that would work well on most skin and lip colors, as it's semi-sheer and just makes your lips pinkish. I typically have a difficult time finding light pink shades that flatter me, but this one does the trick! I would use this after you've put on lip balm, otherwise it does get a little drying. Also, the stick fell out of the tube after I kept it in my jean jacket and it melted slightly... so that's just something to be careful of!
Kellie N.
Kellie N.

I typically don't wear lipstick unless I'm going out with my girlfriends or going out on a date. I didn't like how most lipsticks made it LOOK like I was wearing lipstick... I like to opt for the natural look. THIS product, however, is the closet thing you can get to natural lip color. It brightens and smooths your lips without screaming "I'm wearing a ton of lipstick, kiss me now!" I mean, if that's what you want to go for then great! But this lipstick is perfect for day time or night time wear, and fits flawlessly with any type of makeup routine.
Kathleen I.
Kathleen I.
Columbus, OH

The most amazing popsicle stain! If you're the kind that doesn't want to look in a mirror every time you want to reapply, this is the formula for you! It applies like a moisturizing lip balm and layers up for added intensity. I highly recommend the deeper colors if you want better color payoff. These include Jam (magenta berry), Leo (subdued 90's brown/orange) and my newest favorite, Zip (bright flush of poppy red)! The lighter shades act more like a very lightly tinted moisturizer. Try these out, you won't regret how easy they are to use!
Lucy L.
Lucy L.
Brooklyn, NY

This lip stain is my go-to lip product and I especially love this product in the shade, Cake. I find Cake to be the perfect my lips but better product and I adore the peachy tones in it. The color is very buildable and not drying at all. The only minor problem I have is the packaging. The lip stick moves in the plastic tube and it does look cheap for what is legit cost. However, I would definitely buy this product again and I currently have Cake and Crush but would love to try all the shades.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Portland, OR

The packaging could definitely be better: the lipstick moves around in the tube and ends up scraping off on the sides no matter how careful you are.

But 'cake' is a perfect sheer, peachy tint for when I want my lips to look healthy and moisturized but don't want to look like I have anything on them. "Lipstick" is maybe a misnomer for these products, but they're great products for a light tint and light dose of moisturizer with a really natural finish.
amrita d.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA

Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ

I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Carlen Z.
Carlen Z.
Hamilton, NY

For some reason the surface of my generation G is really dry and seems to require some hard pressing for any product to get on my lips... does anyone else have this problem?
Silvia G.
Silvia G.
Eugene, OR

Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington , VA

How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?

Join Now