Add a Photo

By GLOSSIER
#542 in Lipstick

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

Photos (14)
Lorraine K.
Lorraine K.
Irvine, CA
This is my everyday lipstick, literally. When I am not planning on putting effort into my makeup for the day, this is always my go to. This is the first of its kind, (correct me if I'm wrong) there is nothing else like this on the market. What the general say about this lipstick is the truth. I use Like and it gives my lips a natural pink flush which is very flattering and not overpowering. It's matte and buildable! I love that about it! Two things though it does dry your lips (not too much) throughout the day. So I do put a lip balm either before or on top of the lipstick to help out with that. The packaging also could be better for the price. Other than that this is my current go to natural everyday lipstick.
Ariane M.
Ariane M.
New York, New York
I wish there were a shade between "Cake" and "Like". I thought "Like" would be the perfect everyday shade for me, but found it to be a bit too purple. The packaging needs work -- the plastic cap is not the easiest to open and close, and my entire lipstick flung out of it (and straight into the bathroom toilet, RIP). The products redeeming quality is its texture. I prefer matte lipsticks to glossy ones, but hate how cakey they can be on the lips. This is perfect for those who want to avoid that since the effect it gives you is more of a "popsicle stain" as I've read before, which is what makes this lipstick stand out from others and why I will give it another try.
Juliet B.
Juliet B.
Arlington , MA
I don't know how Glossier did it but they managed to create a matte, sheer, buildable lip stain that doesn't dry out my lips. I own Jam (a great berry shade) Crush (a sheer pinky red) and Like (super soft my lips but better pink.) And I love each. I re-purchased as soon as they were back on the site. Hydrating, lush, easy to apply (you barely need a mirror) with no noticeable taste or smell. Perfect summer lips that can build in coverage to be gorgeous as the weather gets colder.

Some day the plastic tube is a little cheap looking - I'm not bothered by it. I like the whole Glossier aesthetic and find it fits in well.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
June 14, 2016, 3:08 p.m.
Review for: Like
This is my favorite item I've purchased from Glossier. It's like a light matte tint on your lips, and I think is a color that would work well on most skin and lip colors, as it's semi-sheer and just makes your lips pinkish. I typically have a difficult time finding light pink shades that flatter me, but this one does the trick! I would use this after you've put on lip balm, otherwise it does get a little drying. Also, the stick fell out of the tube after I kept it in my jean jacket and it melted slightly... so that's just something to be careful of!
Kellie N.
Kellie N.
I typically don't wear lipstick unless I'm going out with my girlfriends or going out on a date. I didn't like how most lipsticks made it LOOK like I was wearing lipstick... I like to opt for the natural look. THIS product, however, is the closet thing you can get to natural lip color. It brightens and smooths your lips without screaming "I'm wearing a ton of lipstick, kiss me now!" I mean, if that's what you want to go for then great! But this lipstick is perfect for day time or night time wear, and fits flawlessly with any type of makeup routine.
Lucy L.
Lucy L.
Brooklyn, NY
This lip stain is my go-to lip product and I especially love this product in the shade, Cake. I find Cake to be the perfect my lips but better product and I adore the peachy tones in it. The color is very buildable and not drying at all. The only minor problem I have is the packaging. The lip stick moves in the plastic tube and it does look cheap for what is legit cost. However, I would definitely buy this product again and I currently have Cake and Crush but would love to try all the shades.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Portland, OR
The packaging could definitely be better: the lipstick moves around in the tube and ends up scraping off on the sides no matter how careful you are.

But 'cake' is a perfect sheer, peachy tint for when I want my lips to look healthy and moisturized but don't want to look like I have anything on them. "Lipstick" is maybe a misnomer for these products, but they're great products for a light tint and light dose of moisturizer with a really natural finish.
Victoria B.
Victoria B.
Louisville, KY
I got zip (bottom) and Leo (top). The matte finish looks great and feels like chapstick on your lips. Zip is a little darker than I thought it would be, so it's not great for a more natural look if that's what you're going for. I thought Leo would be a little too brown, but it looks amazing on and I wear it with little or no make up because it looks so natural. Pros: build-able, moisturizing, and long lasting. Would definitely purchase again!
Jamie B.
Jamie B.
I am so intimidated by traditional lipsticks. I hate when they smear or partially wear away and don't want to have to sneak away to do damage control in the bathroom. I thought for sure Generation G would overpromise and underdeliver as a more laidback lipstick but I was so pleasantly surprised! Buildable color like a tinted lip balm but without the extra oiliness/grease you get when you use extra lip balm.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Alliance, OH
Adding to my #CultClassics list as we speak. I received this as a Christmas gift (in Jam) and have already ordered another Generation G in a second color (Cake). The consistency is great! It blends into your lips slightly, giving them an overall tint, rather than a glossy, plump. It's so easy to apply, it practically glides over your lips. Will continue to buy this product for years to come!
amrita d.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA
Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Emily F.
Emily F.
Arlington , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Cady G.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ
I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Krissy E.
Krissy E.
Foster City, CA
Does this lipstick cling to any dry patches on the lips? It's difficult to find a lipstick that doesn't do that, especially if it is matte.
Jo K.
Jo K.
Portland, OR
does it feel greasy or sticky?