BY GLOSSIER

Generation G. It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.

Size: 0.04oz / 1.13g

lo j.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: Zip
Not a huge lipstick girl, not even a huge makeup girl - but what's cool about Glossier is that all of their products are for girls who aren't necessarily makeup girls, or it certainly feels that way. Whenever I wear lipstick, I don't like to make a huge to-do about it, I just wanna swipe something on, have it be subtle and last and look like I didn't put too much work in. That's why this lip color totally works for me - I just dab a little bit on if I'm looking for a lighter red lip for work or if I'm going to dinner with my s/o or feeling really sassy I can press a little harder when applying and it gives me a totally different shade that's still remarkably beautiful. It's smooth and pigmented and feels almost like a lip balm. I just love the versatility and the way you can go from subtle to saucy real quick just by how you apply it. I'm gonna have to treat myself to the pink and berry shades eventually. Thx Glossier for the lipstick haters lipstick!
Natalie L.
Review for: Cake
I feel like I can't give this product a very fair review because I may have bought the wrong shade. I got this because I wanted to enhance my natural lip color, and I NEVER wear lipstick or lip gloss, etc. I wanted to love this because I love almost everything from Glossier but when I put this on I literally can't tell there's anything on my lips. It might just be because cake is too close to my natural lip color, in the future I may try a different color to see if it makes a difference for me. I will say it is very forgiving, it's hard to apply too much or get it on your skin around your mouth because it is so sheer.
RACHEL N.
Cambridge, MA
Review for: Jam, Zip
I am not a lipstick person, but I like these lipsticks. They are much drier than my other lipsticks, which I really liked because there is less risk of it transferring onto teeth/outside my lips/coffee mugs/etc. The color is pretty long-lasting. My favorite aspect of Gen G is that they are so buildable - both shades I have are super bright (Zip is a bright red and Jam is a vibrant berry) if applied several times over the lips, but a quick swipe gives a subtle pigment that is perfect for daytime. It's a really versatile product.
Iara Errika L.
Los Angeles , CA
Review for: Cake
I wish this was a deeper shade, but aside from that, over all it is a great product. The pigment is there but not too much. so the coverage is buildable. I would def check out the other colors to find something that works best for me.
Grace N.
Fredericksburg, VA
Review for: Cake
This product is beautifully sheer and oh so hydrating. I love a sheer pop of color and these are perfect for just that. The color cake is almost exactly my natural lip color, but had a more peachy tone and I love it. It’s the perfect nude for someone who is afraid to go all the way or just wants a subtle look. However, I do find myself reapplying it a lot and I’m not sure if that’s just the color or if it’s the product. Glossier Generation G
Kayla G.
Review for: Leo
Gen G is $18 which is the same price as a full sized lipstick you could find at Sephora with better packaging, okay yeah, maybe that's true. This packaging is cheapy. BUT the colors go on smooth, are buildable, blendable, and with just one layer are semi sheer so they play off your skin tone. It isn't super moisturizing, so I like to throw on some gloss or balm dot com on top! I love my Leo and wear it all the time.
Megan D.
Review for: Crush
This would've been 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that half of the product fell out of the tube 😞 I really tried to keep it going until one day it went to the point of no return. Flying through the air. To the ground. Of a parking lot. Goodbye, fallen friend.

THAT BEING SAID, it's been a few months since the incident and I'm definitely going to order another. I'm finally ready to open myself up again.
Emily C.
Chattanooga, TN
Review for: Like
This is my Fav lip product I’ve ever bought! It’s subtle, and smooth ... doesn’t leave my lips clumpy and lasts a good while without me having to reapply constantly. I love that it’s not too bright, but definitely gives my lips better definition. Will be buying another color ! Also love The packaging and the sample products I received. Made me want to purchase those as well.
Sadie H.
Homosassa, FL
Review for: Jam, Like, Crush
The Generation G lipsticks have beautiful pigment and look so good the lips! The color is long lasting, they practically take on the effect of a stain. Very comfortable to wear and the finish looks very natural. I would say it would be undetectable if you were to go for a shade that is practically the same as your own lips. You know, the old "your lips but better".
Olivia P.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: Jam, Cake, Leo, Crush
Pretty much the only lipsticks I wear. So easy to apply, moisturizing, matte, and just the right amount of pigment. Leo is my fave, the perfect brown nude. Cake is nice but super light, so if you have a darker complexion it might not show up much. Cake and jam are super fun pink and plum colors. These are my go-to lip colors and are so easy and wearable.
amrita d.
Sunnyvale, CA
Whats your favorite lipstick shade?
Emily F.
Arlington , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does the color last and are there any suggestions for medium light olivey skin?
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ
I love the effect, but I have noticed that the one i bought smells a little odd- has anyone else noticed that?
Silvia G.
Salem, OR
Does this look more like a cherry red, or a pink red?
Jo K.
Portland, OR
does it feel greasy or sticky?