BY GLOSSIER #29 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

All brow needs have been considered to create THE brow product: one to thicken, fill in, and groom them into place. The creamy wax formula is inspired by traditional hair pomade for soft, flexible hold that doesn’t stiffen or flake. A sheer pigment load gives a natural oomph of color so brows look fuller and more even, and the tiny tapered brush allows for precise application. We’re inspired by healthy, face-framing brows and consider brow grooming the last crucial step before heading out into the world: brush your teeth, brush your brows, and then maybe brush your hair.

Available in Blond, Brown, and Black.

How to use:

Apply in short, upward strokes to fluff and shape brows into place.

Key Ingredients:

Beeswax and Carnauba Wax Natural waxes that hold hairs in place without stiffness.

Oleic Acid An emollient derived from olive oil that nourishes and moisturizes.

Lecithin A natural fatty substance that adds a silky, smooth texture and a subtle sheen.

Atelocollagen A collagen derivative that helps condition and strengthen the hair fiber.

• Help!! I can't figure out if I'm brown or black ! Has anyone used...4 Answers
  • How does this compare to Benefit's Gimme Brow? Although I have da...3 Answers
  • Is this product worth the hype?? I haven't ever used a product li...1 Answers
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
I have really thin eyebrows and I've been trying similar products to this at Sephora, some of which I found were amazing and did exactly what I was hoping they would do. Just as I decided on one, Glossier released this so I went for it. I really wanted to love this product but there were a few things that didn't work for me. First of all the brush is way too big-- like wider than the thickest part of my eyebrow too big. So you can only imagine how difficult that can be when trying to brush the thinner parts of your eyebrow toward the outer edge. Next, there's way too much product on the brush. 9 times out of 10 I'm left cleaning up a mess on my eyebrows with a Q tip. HOWEVER after finally getting to the the near-end of this product, I'm starting to love it. I no longer have to clean up my brows each time I use it and the bigger brush hasn't been causing me too many issues. I would definitely recommend wiping off some product when you first use this.
Lauren S.
Portland, OR
I already have full brows and just need a product to give them a little definition and hold them in place and boy brow is the best I've found. It doesn't have quite the same hold as the Anastasia clear gel, but it has a much more natural, undetectable finish whereas the ABH brow gel makes my brows feel crunchy and I really have to work to comb excess product off to prevent my brows from looking shiny. Boy brow's tint doesn't do much for me, but I'm using the brown color and my brows are quite dark so in fairness I may have the wrong color.

I don't think this will do much at all for someone with sparse brows looking to amp them up, but boy brow makes already full brows look tame and defined.
Juliet B.
Arlington, MA
I am probably not the ideal candidate for Boy Brow. After some ill-advised plucking in the 90's my brows are sparse and thin. So I tend towards fuller coverage options, like Anastasia Dipbrow. However, I really like the trend towards more natural looking brows and feel that the pomades and pencils I use often look too done. Enter Boy Brow. I use it *with* Dipbrow. I finish my brows, brush through them then use a coat or two if Boy Brow to brush the brows up and make them a little less staid looking. The stuff lasts forever. And a little goes a long way. Not messy like some brow products. No discernible smell. Just makes my sad brows look a little less sad.
Carlyanna M.
Chula Vista, CA
This is hands down my holy grail brow gel. I have naturally thick, dark brow hair so I don't like overdoing it with pomade or powder, and this gives me the perfect amount of definition, hold, and also helps to mask sparse areas, which you can see on my left brow in my picture. The formula is pretty wet when you crack open a new tube so make sure you use a light hand, but several months into use it does become a lot drier, which I actually prefer because it allows me to press it into the skin to mimic hairs.

Out of all the tinted brow gels I've tried, and there have been MANY, the Black Boy Brow is definitely my favorite.
Samantha R.
I am so pleased to have found a brow gel that perfectly matches my naturally black Asian hairs! I use this product almost everyday; I find that it subtly fills in my brows by making it appear thicker, and it holds my arch in place, taking care of any hairs that want to stick in another direction. My only qualm with the Glossier Boy Brow is that there isn't a lot of product. I used it as part of my daily beauty routine, and it ran out in less than three months. Hopefully Glossier will release a bigger version of this product. Other than that, I still highly recommend this product! Your brows will stay on fleek.
Jessica O.
Brooklyn, NY
Boy Brow is definitely my favorite brow grooming product. I love the look of a string brow but I honestly hate the effort. The small spoolie brush makes applying easy to control and picks up the right amount of product. Just brush it through your brows. Since it is just the right texture of liquid and waxy, it is easy to work with. It sets pretty quickly and lasts all day. And an extra snippet- my mom, who is not big on make-up, told me that my eyebrows looked so nice. I had to get her one. It's an easy way to look great and really pulls together the face.
Jennifer R.
After seeing so many reviews and people rave about this product I decided to purchase it. Glossier is an amazing company and all of their products are great. Lucky for me my eyebrows are already pretty thick and I really wanted to use this product to achieve that messy "boy brow" look. This does a really great job and even fills in any spots where you might have a small gap in your eyebrows. The brush is small enough to coat your eyebrows and give you that natural look. (P.s I have a 20% off code if you're interested)
Sam P.
Milwaukee, WI
Well hello, Boy Brow. Of all the "small vial, tiny spoolie" brow products out there, Boy Brow takes the cake. I wear the brown shade and, well, it's all I wear on my brows. The formula is a bit springy and moussey--never crunchy--and gives a nice wash of color on brows that may be a bit light or have particularly thin hairs. Be warned, you'll need to have some brow hair to make this work and if it's for you I can guarantee you'll love your fluffy, voluminous brows. This is certainly a HG product.
Karenine H.
Middlesex, NJ
Extremely natural, build-able and you CAN see the difference. It doesn't leave my long eyebrow hairs unruly or crunchy like other brands. The applicator is small and precise - you'll never worry about messing up. It lasts through any temperature and on my oily skin. the shades are forgiving, so you'll be able to find a great match for your hair color. It's also small and portable. The minimalist packaging is extremely beautiful! Simple, yet stylish and a must-have for beauty lovers.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
This is really not as amazing as the Glossier marketing may have you believe but I think it's got it's uses. I use it on days where I don't feel like putting on full brows... It darkens my baby brow hairs and makes my brows seem thicker, kind of like a brow tinting would do. I find it doesn't really last all day though so I'm not sure I'll repurchase it. The applicator could also use improvement as sometimes I get too much product on and sometimes not enough.
Does this feel heavy on or is it lightweight?
Jamie Rose S.
I've been wanting to try this out, but since it comes in only one shade I am a bit worried it will be too dark. I'm fair skinned with dyed dark brown hair, but my brows aren't as dark. Is this really dark?
Lauren M.
Carmel, IN
I have pretty full brows already and just want something to help keep them in place. Does anyone feel like this would help with that? I'm really interested in trying products from glossier so bonus if you can tell me your favorite products from there!
Tina T.
Is the Glossier Boy Brow worth the money?
Annette R.
Vernon Hills, IL
Help!! I can't figure out if I'm brown or black ! Has anyone used it in addition to any Anastasia products in ebony and/or dark brown that could tell me how the colors convert?