BY GLOSSIER #7 in Lip Care

• Is it worth it? Does it really help or is it just hyped? ...1 Answers
  • I'm a huge glossier fan, but is balm dotcom worth the pri...3 Answers
Sharon G.
Fairfax, VA
this was one of the first products I’ve bought from glossier and it was pretty average.

Glossier is a great company and their packaging is to die for, however, some products, like this one, are pretty mediocre. I’ve noticed the balm tends to sit on the lips and not really get absorbed. As for it being an “universal salve,” when I tried to use it as a natural highlight, it broke me out. This DOES, however, work amazing on eyelids to make them look glossy!

Overall the product isn’t bad BUT a tube of lanolin would probably work just as well (for a cheaper price). I have the coconut and birthday cake and both smell amazing!
lexy w.
Longwood, FL
First time using this brand, which I've been very curious about. The packaging is adorable and simple. The product is a multi-purpose salve . I really love this for its sole purpose of being a lip balm, it is incredibly hydrating . The product isn't completely absorbed by your lips to keep moisturizing longer. I love how rich this balm feels, as opposed to greasy or tacky balms. I'm obsessed with the natural fragrance of this product. I love this product and look forward to seeing more from this company.
Ashley F.
St Simons Is, GA
I would not be making it though the holiday season without Glossier's Balm Dotcom. I have very dry skin, lips and nail beds during this time of the year and I love that I have found one product to help with all three. Balm Dotcom is great for dry, flakey patches on my skin, my chapped lips and my dry nails. I seriously use this all the time.
Toni Marie D.
Vallejo, CA
I received this glossier sample in my ipsy subscription bag. It works amazing. I like that it keeps my lips smooth and hydrated. I also like the fragrance that comes with my glossier rose balm. I do recommend this product because it works so well
Amy S.
Cambridge, MA
I am a newbie to Glossier products, but I'm so far loving the flavored Balm Dotcom. Purchased both coconut and rose and they both have nice, subtle scents. The rose has a bit of tint to it as well. Balm Dotcom feels silky smooth on your lips, but doesn't get that melty feeling the way straight Vaseline does. It also lasts for a while limiting the need for reapplication.
Harriet H.
Oh my god! This is by far the most wonderful lip balm I️ have ever purchased. It is this, ultra moisturizing and lasts all night long (through sleep too) . The birthday edition has a beautiful sparkle through it and I️ have received a ton of compliments. I️ will definitely be buying more!
Katelin B.
Augusta, GA
My favorite lip balm of all time! It costs a bit more than I would normally spend on a lip balm, but its worth it. I apply it every night and wake up with the smoothest lips ever, which is a miracle for someone like me who has chronically dry lips. It really seems to seep? into the skin, not sit on top of your lips. The only thing I don't like is the screw top packaging. The top is pretty small and easy to drop, so I think flip top packaging would be more practical.
Bella W.
Marine City, MI
My old favorite balm used to be Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, until I tried this. This can be used as a skin salve for super dry areas, and let me tell you, my lips have NEVER been so soft. I love to apply this under a matte liquid lipstick, because it's not too greasy and usually doesnt cause it to slide around. A balm probably doesnt sound too important to you beauty regime, but you will thank me later when you finally test out this product for yourself.
Sabrina M.
Hobart
Probably one of the best lip balm I've ever used! I currently have the rose one and have had it for about 2 weeks and love it so much that I just purchased the coconut flavor. I keep it everywhere with me. I literally can't go anywhere without it. And the crazy part is that it's kinda matte. A lip balm matte? I know right!!! Insane. But it is!!! I don't ever have that slippery or sticky feeling on me lips. And it's a multiple purpose product. Winner winner!!!
Kyria W.
This product I was very impressed with. At first I thought it would be way to thick since it is a salve but it's not that thick! It glides smoothly on and would be a great night lip mask in my opinion. I got the coconut flavor but it kinda smells like buttered popcorn. I with they would come out with more untinted flavors! And of course packaging is always in point!
Karina G.
Homestead, FL
Does this leave a sticky film over the lips?.
Allissa G.
Plymouth, VT
Jeannine L.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
Teresa M.
Palmetto Bay, FL
How long does this product usually last you?
Hope B.