BY GLOSSIER #7 in Lip Care

• What age range is this appropriate for?2 Answers
  • Is it worth it? Does it really help or is it just hyped? ...2 Answers
Olivia L.
Burley, ID
Glossier nailed it with the coconut flavored Balm Dotcom! I have yet to try other scents because I'm just so in love with the coconut. I primarily use this product as a lip balm, but when my knuckles, cuticles, and even nostrils get dry and flakey, this stuff saves the day! Honestly the only reason I didn't give this product a full five stars is because where I use it as a lip treatment mostly, I feel like the application would be easier with an angled tip. Still don't really mind it that much because once I swipe it on my finger, I can use what I don't use on my lips on a dry patch of skin. I've heard complaints of it being too expensive ($12) for the amount that you get (.5 fluid oz), and while I would love to save money on this product, I don't mind the price too much because the tube usually lasts me a few months!
Colleen T.
Wheaton, IL
I purchased the Coconut Balm Dot Com about a week ago, and I was so skeptical. I figured that I was wasting my $16 since the description made it seem like it was plain Vaseline, but after giving it a shot I absolutely love this stuff! The Coconut scent literally smells like coconuts, and not artificial coconuts either. The balm aspect of this product really does keep my lips hydrated and lasts FOREVER.
Angel S.
Downingtown, PA
SAVED. CURED. These are words that come to mind when I think of this HELLA AMAZING LIP BALM. Omg gurl, lemme tell you. So I had some very chapped lips and it was so not cute I would literally need to put on my chapstick like every 4 hours, but THIS. omg gurl, this stuff is literally amazing it moisturized my lips so much like they are literally cured, no longer chapped, and it feels so amazing on the lips. All the flavors they offer are actually amazing and perfect so it's lit af. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. Xo, Angel.
Sarah A.
Leetsdale
Makes your lips so smooth in just a couple uses. It’s a little pricey but definitely worth it! It’s gentle and soothes the skin on your lips. I own the coconut one. I would definitely recommend this lip balm. I got a sample size from ipsy. I probably won’t buy another one because they are expensive but the one I have has lasted awhile. Maybe I’ll change my mind once it’s gone 😆
Lauren D.
Allen, Tx
I really like this formula, and on the glossier website they have a discount if you bundle three of these. I really like the formula, smell, and colors and my lips feel very hydrated. Not too sticky. The only ingredient I really didn’t like was the petrolatum (which can be drying). Other than that its a product I would recommend (Ive tried the rose, mint, and birthday)!
Sarah W.
Baltimore, MD
I recently purchased Balm Dotcom in birthday. I love the smell and the subtle shimmer it provides. It definitely kept my lips moisturized all day. The packaging is so cute. I love that each kind has a different color scheme (birthday has a shimmery tube). My one complaint would be the cost. I feel like it's pretty pricey ($12) for the ingredients used. Aquaphor has the same first ingredient and it's only $3.99. That being said, I know I'm paying for the name and Glossier is paraben and cruelty free.
Sydney G.
Newport News, VA
I have the balm dot calm in rose and it is SO great! I ordered it online from Glossier directly. The tube was smaller than I thought it would be and is pricey for what you get, but it is so worth it. It’s smooth and just thick enough. It’s not to potent with the smell, it’s just scented enough and very moisturizing. I 100% recommend this!
Abby M.
Pittsburgh, Pa
i first got this product in an ipsy bag and immediately fell in love with it! it’s a little pricey at $12 a tube but for how amazingly this product works, and how much you can do with it, i think it’s worth it. plus, if you buy directly from glossier there is a deal for 3 for $30!
Sharon G.
Fairfax, VA
this was one of the first products I’ve bought from glossier and it was pretty average.

Glossier is a great company and their packaging is to die for, however, some products, like this one, are pretty mediocre. I’ve noticed the balm tends to sit on the lips and not really get absorbed. As for it being an “universal salve,” when I tried to use it as a natural highlight, it broke me out. This DOES, however, work amazing on eyelids to make them look glossy!

Overall the product isn’t bad BUT a tube of lanolin would probably work just as well (for a cheaper price). I have the coconut and birthday cake and both smell amazing!
lexy w.
Longwood, FL
First time using this brand, which I've been very curious about. The packaging is adorable and simple. The product is a multi-purpose salve . I really love this for its sole purpose of being a lip balm, it is incredibly hydrating . The product isn't completely absorbed by your lips to keep moisturizing longer. I love how rich this balm feels, as opposed to greasy or tacky balms. I'm obsessed with the natural fragrance of this product. I love this product and look forward to seeing more from this company.
Karina G.
Homestead, FL
Does this leave a sticky film over the lips?.
Allissa G.
Plymouth, VT
Jeannine L.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
Teresa M.
Palmetto Bay, FL
How long does this product usually last you?
Hope B.