BY GLOSSIER #7 in Lip Care

• Is it worth it? Does it really help or is it just hyped? ...1 Answers
  • I'm a huge glossier fan, but is balm dotcom worth the pri...3 Answers
Kat S.
Litchfield
I have the birthday flavor scent. It is so good and delicious, I just wanna eat it. The balm itself is hydrating on the lips.
Maya A.
This is the perfect lip balm. You won’t need any other after you try this one. I have very dry lips, and it works perfectly for me.
Falcon H.
chickasha
Good glossy balm. Comfortable but a little greasy and a little pricey. Wouldn’t purchase again, but I’d use it if given to me.
Dot S.
One of my favourite lip balms, my favourite ‘flavour’ (I do not advise to eat it lol) being ‘Coconut’. Really moisturising and leaves your lips feeling so smooth. Bought this in a bundle of 3 alongside ‘Birthday Cake’ and ‘Mint’ for £25. Didn’t like the other two as much as they both have quite a grainy texture which really isn’t nice when you put it on your lips. Also, when sold separately, they are £10 each, which to me seems pretty steep for a lip balm that doesn’t do anything incredible. Again, I do think with this product you are paying for the brand name and indie aesthetic of Glossier, which is also how I feel about their lip gloss. But, I’m also guilty of buying into this trend because I love is so very much. Therefore, I would recommend if you are a fan of lip balms and like to collect them, I’m sure you’d love these. Additionally, if you are looking for a great lip balm that isn’t too expensive and really moisturises your lips, try Neutrogena® Norwegian Formula® Lip Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 15.
Tia L.
This is one of the best lip balms I’ve ever used – I’ve never used one as good as this! All the others that I’ve used don’t do much to help the dry skin on my lips, it’s just a layer of petroleum. However, this has gotten rid of my dry skin that’s on my lips and my lips are smooth and not cracked at all. The birthday cake flavour smells incredible and has tiny particles of glitter which is great because when I’m wearing make-up, I can put this on my lips and layer a clear, glittery lip gloss on top and it looks great and my lips are still getting moisture. Plus, when the lip gloss wears off, I can put more balmdotcom on and it still looks like I’m wearing lip gloss.

The only complaint is that I feel like I reapply it a lot because I don’t want my lips get to chapped again. That might just be me but keep in mind that I reapply around four times during the day. I, also, feel like when it’s not on my lips, the outsides of them feel really dry! They don’t get chapped, just the edges feel dry and I’m not sure why.

I haven’t been using it for very long but for now, I absolutely love it and I feel as though it’s the only lip balm that gets rid of dry skin and makes my lips soft and moisturised. Compared to Carmex or Maybelline’s Baby Lips, it’s far better than them. They haven't ever gotten rid of dry skin for me. Carmex used to be my favourite lip balm (even though it didn’t do that much) but Glossier has replaced it. I don’t think I’ll ever use a different lip balm again.

A bonus is how beautiful the packaging is!
Jenn T.
Ottawa, OK
I had this since mid November and I still really like it! It’s very moisturizing, I love the packaging, and it smells so yummy (I have it in birthday balm dot com)
A star is taken off because when I first used it, I quickly realized that the quantity is quite deceiving. I had to squeeze at least a quarter into the packaging before I got anything out. Another thing is I noticed that the oil and the balm separates now. I tried to maybe squeeze and mix the product before I apply, but it obviously doesn’t help much.
Would I repurchase and recommend? Yeah! Glossier is one of my favourite makeup brands and despite the two flaws, I’d still support and recommend them because it’s still a great product.
Kalenea J.
I received this product in my March Ipsy bag. I received the coconut flavour and have been using this product as a lip balm. I actually threw it in my travel toiletries bag since it's so multipurpose. It's really cold where I am right now and my lips have been crying out. I've been putting this on my lips at night as sort of a night time lip mask and it has really been making a difference in the softness of my lips and decreasing the chapiness (not sure if this is a word). This product is moisturizing without being waxy or greasy.
I have also been using it around my nail beds to help with the hangnails and it is really working well. I've seen a marked difference in the severity and amount of my hangnails. Glossier Balm Dotcom
Rebecca T.
Montreal
REVIEW: Glossier Balm Dotcom ⭐️$15 CAD ($12 USD) each.
OR, get the trio of your choice of any flavours for $40 CAD ($30 USD).
✨I purchased the trio of balms (🌹Rose, 🍃Mint, and 🍒Cherry) in August 2017 and have since almost entirely used up the former two. Mint is my favourite flavour of the three, as it is my preferred scent in any cosmetic product. These balms are thick, to the point where in cold weather it can be hard to squeeze the product out of the tube! I prefer a thick lip balm as it stays on my lips for a long time without sliding around. I keep Mint next to my bedside, and Rose at the table where I do my makeup.

The flavour Cherry is somewhat chunky and separated in texture. The oil in the balm leaks out first, spurting out chunks at the end. Not appealing. It is my least favourite flavour, although it is a nice, sheer red on the lips and the texture improves once you wear it. I am unsure why the product has separated this way, as I use it probably once or twice a week and store it in a cool place. As a result of this poor performance, I would not repurchase the flavour Cherry. Rose is fine, but just not my ideal flavour. I would however repurchase Mint because of its fresh, cooling sensation. In fact, when Glossier ships to Quebec, I imagine I’ll just buy a trio of mint balms!
✅In conclusion, I would only for sure repurchase the Mint balm. I love being able to rely on it every night ❄️
Dan v.
This is actually one of my favourite lip balms. I got the “birthday cake” version and it smells WONDERFUL. Unlike the other balms, this one doesn’t really have a shade. Instead, it’s clear and has sparkles. But the sparkles won’t make you look like an overly enthusiastic preteen - it’s a little bit of sparkle. It’s also very long-lasting. You can use this as a salve as well, so I put excess from my lips onto my knuckles during the winter. My only gripe is it’s quite expensive considering it’s so small (although yes, you don’t end up needing that much). I’d like to repurchase the birthday cake scent as well as try the rose and coconut.
Zinta R.
Brampton, ON
I absolutely love coconut and coconut fragranted products. When I got this product in my March ipsy bag, I didn't know that I would love it so much. Few weeks back on my visit to my aunt, she was complaining about her lips cracking and drying up so much. I gave her this and she told me it was better than any other balms she had been using to moisturize her lips. It didn't feel harsh on the lips. It was very smooth and easy to apply. The balm has a texture of coconut oil but not uncomfortably sticky but rather moisturizing. I feel that it can also be used as a regular moisturizer as well and not just on the lips.
Karina G.
Homestead, FL
Does this leave a sticky film over the lips?.
Allissa G.
Plymouth, VT
Jeannine L.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
Teresa M.
Palmetto Bay, FL
How long does this product usually last you?
Hope B.