BY GLOSSIER

• Which Flavour is better in the Glossier Balm Dotcom: Birthday c...2 Answers
  • What's your favourite scent?1 Answers
Roxana M.
Birmingham, AL
This lip balm does its job in keeping your lips glossy and moisturized. Is it my favorite? Not really. I much prefer my Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer. The reason is because the main ingredient in the Glossier balm dot calm is Petrolatum, so it is very reminiscent of Aquaphor which is much cheaper. I love Glossier but I feel like this is just a fancy version of Aquaphor. That being said, I still really like it because it comes in a variety of flavors (I own the mint one) and the ingredients contains other very beneficial and hydrating oils such as castor seed oil, beeswax, sunflower extract, rice bran extract, and Rosemary leaf extract. You can also use this on your cuticles, elbows and other dry areas on your skin. The other thing that really sets it apart is the packaging. Glossier has the best packaging. I love each color on the tube pertains to its flavor. I recommend buying this with a discount code (20% off first order on glossier) or in a bundle where you can save money.
Anita T.
Minneapolis, MN
The regular balmdot com isn't exactly my favorite, and not one I gravitate towards. Some may compare it to Vaseline, Carmex, whatever. Yeah, it's comparable because of the jelly-like consistency. I'm not going to say it's any different, but I am going to say, I really love the scented ones especially coconut, rose, and mint! I have one of each in every bag, every place, everywhere. I'm really picky when it comes to lip balm since I have really terrible dry lips. I'm not a fan of ones that sits on my lips. I'm a fan of ones that hang out with me through thick and thin. That gets me, loves me, and moisturizes my terribly dry lips. This is just it! Yeah, some would say $12 per pop is "pricey." Mind you, this isn't a drugstore brand nor is it exactly high end either. The price is perfect for what you get and how much you get. Worth every penny.
Stephanie K.
I purchased both the original balm dot com and the coconut balm dot com and I love them both! I really don't feel that 12 dollars is overpriced. You get .5oz and you really don't need a lot of product to cover your lips. I use the original one strictly at night. I put it on before bed and when I wake up I can feel the difference on my lips. These is a great trick if you're someone who likes wearing liquid lips but find they make your lips dry after wearing them. I use the coconut one during the day. I think the scent is perfect. It's not overpowering and doesn't make you feel like your face is inside a coconut. It's not too sticky either. Both of these are universal salves so they don't need to just be used on your lips. Sometimes I'll rub a little of the coconut into my cuticles. Overall a really great product.
Gabrielle R.
Cambridge, MA
I own every balm (dot) com 💣 from #Glossier. From the packaging to quality of the product it blew away my expectations. I first purchased the coconut balm which I used all winter for not just my lips but for other dry areas like my hands or face. Last month I got their new mint ❄️, cherry 🍒 and rose 🌹 balms and I fell in love all over again. The mint balm feels like you bathed your lips in ice. The cherry balm smells like Skittles and has a red sheen for an effortless gloss/stain look. And the rose, ah the rose. The rose balm is the dewiest of all balms. It smells amazing, sweet but tart, and moisturizers like no other balm. I would recommended these balms to anyone! Check out my blog for more of my review of #Glossier's balm products, itsalwaysgabrielle.com.
Rachel R.
I LOVE Glossier's products, but especially their Balm Dot Com. I suffer from extremely dry lips and it's the only product that really helps. I use the coconut every night before bed (I keep one on my nightstand) on my lips and elbows, every morning after my normal face routine, and sparingly during the day (the rose one is always in my bag).

Coconut is my favorite overall. It's great on your lips or any dry areas you make have (I use it on my elbows after showers). The smell is so nice and it's perfect for summer.

The Rose smells great and pairs well with the other rose beauty products I use on my face (try Glossier's rosewater spray, it's amazing). It has a light pink tint, so I only use it on my lips.

I have cherry and mint, but I haven't used them yet.
Jamie Rose S.
This stuff is a miracle in a tube! I was so excited when I randomly stumbled across this brand through a beauty guru because now I finally have my holy grail lip treatment. The formula is such a thick, sticky consistency that spreads like butter across your lips that quickly soaks in, giving you those soft supple lips you've been dying to have. It may be a bit on the pricey side at $12 a tube, however a little products goes a long way so this lasts you twice as long as the typical drugstore lip treatment. I highly suggest checking out the glossier brand along with these balm dot com lip treatments because it's literally just as great as the name. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Abby Y.
Once again, Glossier knocks it out of the park. The Balm Dotcom lives up to its rightful name, and provides conditioning and moisture to my lips. Personally, I own the rose, mint, and cherry versions of this cult classic and can attest to its effectiveness and delicious taste (I can't be the only one that "accidentally" licks her lips while wearing the mint, right?). My only small complaint for these balms is their lasting power. I usually have to reapply after an hour or so, but I consider it to be worth it because of how nice these balms are. Give these a try, people!
Lucy L.
Brooklyn, NY
The product might seem pricey, but it does contain a lot of oils and other ingredients that are good for the lips and skin. It is also very long lasting as it has been around two months and I am still not done with mine. Moreover, the packaging is very cute and minimal. The coconut balm dot com smells like a vacation in the tropics and I really enjoyed using it in the winter or when I missed the summer. I usually put this balm on before I go to sleep and when I wake up the next day, my lips are usually very supple and moisturized as a result.
Mer D.
Saint Louis, MO
I love this balm for my lips and cuticles. It feels less gloopy and thick than straight petroleum jelly, and absorbs much more quickly- especially on my cuticles. The tube is super cute too and better than sticking your finger into a tub o'grease. Only drawback is the price. This is glorified Vaseline and while it has some more finesse, I have it in my bedside table only so I don't use it all up too fast. It's lasted a long time that way, like six months and going. I will be repurchasing!
Kiani C.
Fullerton, CA
YES. This lip balm is very pricey and makes you wonder if it's worth buying your lip balms online rather than in drugstores, and honestly it is. These lip salves are SO addictive, I have one in every scent/flavor. My favorite being coconut, I literally have 4 back-ups. They are $12 a piece, but it's just like buying a lip balm from Sephora. They're also pretty natural in ingredients. I absolutely recommend!! I apply this on any dry patches on my face and even my elbows.
Karina G.
Homestead, FL
Does this leave a sticky film over the lips?.
Allissa G.
Plymouth, VT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Teresa M.
Gainesville, FL
How long does this product usually last you?
Kira B.
Detroit, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
How pink is the tint on the rose lip balm?
Amy C.
Auburndale, MA
Is this a "glorified Vaseline" or is it really worth it ?