Add a Photo

#5 in Face Masks

A scientifically advanced SUPER-MUD™ clearing treatment to target, prevent, and heal problem skin. This formula was clinically developed by GLAMGLOW® dermatological chemists to help fight all common skin concerns, including breakouts, discoloration, black and white heads, razor bumps and in-grown hair.

Photos (178)
Carrie S.
Carrie S.
Dorr, MI

Hi, everyone! Welcome to my first Fail or Holy Grail! So today I will be doing a review on the Glamglow Supermud! I had purchased this online on Amazon, but just to be safe of scammers I recommend buying directly from Sephora or Glamglows site so after that being said it is time for the review!

Okay let me first tell you the pros of this product:

For my oily skin, it will dry a tiny bit so I am not as oily feeling when using this mask.
It does clean my pores out fairly after my first use.
And even though this doesn’t really count….let me just say it is awesome!

Now it is time for the cons…Is it worth the hype and the $70.00 (Sephora’s retail price)

The product has the most giving me a headache smell (but that might just be me).
Even with me having oily skin and drying me out, I have no clue how bad someone with dry skin would feel when and after using this mud mask!
The product doesn’t last long, about a half a year and with me I mistakenly left it open a tiny bit for one night and the top layer of it dried so please make sure it is closed completely!
Also another term of the product not lasting long is that if you only use on your nose, you will be able to do about 16-25 treatments but, If you do your whole face you may only have enough mud for about 4 treatments…I don’t know about you but I don’t feel like paying 17.00 per treatment of fancy mud!

Okay, my Beauties! My final thoughts! So as you could see there were a lot more cons than pros and I just feel that $70.00 is a lot for a very small tub of a mud mask, So I guess my rating for the Glamglow supermud mask is 4/10. Sorry everyone! I really thought I was going to love this so much since how many people were hyping about it but, this is definitely not a miracle worker for me, but you never know there could be a different experience for you! And If you did have a different experience or even worse than me please comment below! Okay everyone here is a link to the Glamglow website just in case you still would like to purchase it and I hope everyone has a great week! Bye!
ana o.
ana o.

It's difficult nowadays to find products that deliver on their promises, but this one truly does! Received the trial size jar of this in the Hydration Holiday Gift Set and WILL be purchasing the full size of this mask soon! My skin looked almost moldy in some areas of my face (particularly around my nose) where I get super clogged pores, when the mask dried... It was fairly disgusting to see but also nice to get visual confirmation it "knew" where problem areas were that needed this mask's attention. Has a cool, slightly tingly sensation as it dries, which also made it feel like it was working. Removing the mask was a bit messy but not more so than another mask of this type (I'm just used to using more peels than muds), but I visibly saw a significant difference in the texture of my skin- which I believe is the point of this product- once removed. My pores in particular look smaller and less clogged: Yay! The only downside for me was that my super dry skin felt a bit more so than usual, so I used a light exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells right after and added a light dab of extra hydration beneath my nightly moisturizer; feels better than ever now! Very happy with this product and excited to try more! :)
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Bristol, CT

I started using this awhile ago and it is one of the best skin treatments out there. I like it better than the mud treatment I had at a spa (birthday gift). I love the fact that it's vegan, I always look for all natural, or organic, or vegan beauty care. I also like that it is ready to use, some other products you have to mix with water or vinegar. Use it sparingly - you don't need a thick layer on your skin, you are just wasting the product. I use makeup sponges to apply the mud, they allow you to quickly put a thin layer on with a minimum of mess. A thin layer works very well, and if you don't use it often and the product in the jar gets a little thick/dry, just add a little water and mix. I've had mixed results with blackheads, sometimes it only takes one use, sometimes it can take 2 or 3 before the black heads disappear completely, I guess it depends on your skin. It does help with oily skin, so even though I don't have a problem with serious breakouts, I have noticed that I don't break out as much and it's becoming less and less each time. Wash your face after using it, mud and clay treatments can leave a very slight residue on your skin, so you want your skin clean before you put on makeup or creams.
Michi G.
Michi G.

Say no more! This is it, this is the ONE. a dream come true. This is heaven on earth, the God of all skin care. Can I talk about how ridiculously awesome this mask is....  I got this product first as a sample from one of my ipsy glam bags and i didn't really payed much attention to it. I use to have clear and perfect skin,  but i guess stress from school has resulted to a ugly skin breakage. pimples started to appear, pores started opening, it was a nightmare and i wanted my perfect skin back. I started looking through all skin treatments samples I've gotten from mostly everywhere and i set hands to the GLAMGLOW. After the first application i started to notice my skin refresh, and after 2 to 3 applications (which I was able to pull from that one little sample) i started to notice my face getting clear. And by clear, I mean cleeaarrr, everything was basically all gone, every pimple, zits, everything. Unfortunately, I reached an end point of my sample, so I decided to buy the full size product. I did not mind the price because I knew it was absolutely worth it. Now I can't seem to go a day with out it. Plus its a fun experience while putting the mask on.
Fabiola R.
Fabiola R.
Tegucigalpa, Distrito Central

La usé por una semana con una amiga! Es un tipo de arcilla que lo dejas actuar por 20 minutos en tu rostro, la retiras con agua tibia y listo... el resultado? Es una piel tersa, suave, hidratada y sin poros abiertos ni impurezas de ningún tipo! La apariencia de tu piel es más joven y con luminosidad y vida. Tu piel no queda reseca y todo gracias al tipo de ingredientes basados en ácido glicólico, salicílico (mi favorito) y entre otros. El objetivo de la mascarilla es una limpieza profunda por medio de la exfoliación gracias a sus más avanzados ingredientes que posee. Recomendada al 100%I used it for a week with a friend! It is a type of clay that let you act for 20 minutes in your face, the retreat with warm water and ready ... the result? It is a smooth skin, smooth, hydrated and without open pores or impurities of any kind! The appearance of your skin is younger and brighter and life. Your skin is not dry and thanks to the type of ingredients based on glycolic acid, salicylic acid (my favorite) and others. The purpose of the mask is a deep cleansing through exfoliation thanks to its most advanced ingredients. Recommended 100%
Katie P.
Katie P.

Now I do admit, I am a girl that has run the gauntlet in terms of trying to find the perfect anti-acne mask. I have very sensitive skin and just have difficulties finding something that can remove those nasty zits, and keep them out. I had read many many reviews on this before making the purchase, and thought that it must be worth the rather spendy price tag.My first few uses of the product for well worth it. It does an awesome job of giving you that "tingle" feeling and your pores are easily seen within the first 10 minutes of it on (both a gross and great experience). I did enjoy the scent of the mask as well. However, I didn't see great results with this. When using it as a spot treatment it worked well, but with my entire face, it almost seemed to break out more. I know that this is a rule with a lot of face masks, but I went from a few zits to a ton within the first week. My second week was a little better, but I feel like it almost stopped using its efficiency. All in all, it is a great mask for trying to zap one zit at a time, but for my entire face, it was just a little too much.
Amber G.
Amber G.

I'd always heard incredible things about this product, so I couldn't wait to try it. I've struggled since puberty with clogged pores on my nose and around my mouth, but nothing I tried had a lasting impression on me with treating these areas. Enter this mask...My opinion: It DOES work -- but it's not life-changing like I expected. It DOES visibly remove grime and gook from your pores, and it DOES leave your skin feeling supple and smooth and pores noticeably smaller -- but there're still plenty of clogged pores remaining after several days of treatment. Other pros: It applies easily, has user-friendly instructions with the packaging, and isn't difficult to remove. Cons: The smell is acidic and unpleasant, and the container is VERY small for the money (I think I paid around $45, but full retail is closer to $60 I think?) however, it DOES last a long time if you keep the container sealed properly. All in all, worth a shot if you have only minorly clogged pores; but if you're like me and looking for the end-all-be-all of pore treatments, this mask didn't quite cut the mustard.
Catarina B.
Catarina B.
Baton Rouge, LA

GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD is the product for you if you like to spot treat (for me: nose & chin) when doing a mask. Now I highly expect that those with oily skin would love this product. However, I don't have dry skin, but I do not think it would fair well. I like that you can just wash this product off, instead of peeling like some masks. Peeling masks always scare me. This didn't have a smells like strawberries, but if you are sensitive to smell then I'm not sure this is the mask for you. It doesn't really have a smell though. I would highly suggest watching to make sure the container is closed as it can dry up like most masks left out when they moisture escapes. For the price of this product and the quantity, I believe it is a good purchase. You get multiple uses for quite a bit. And the trick is to not apply too much because then it also takes a while for the product to dry on your face. GLAMGLOW is also fun in the sense that the color changes when it's dry. I would highly recommend to those with oily skin, and looking for a fantastic spotting mask.
Misha N.
Misha N.

GlamGlow has promised a high end mud class which actually claims to calm the skin problems. Today; I'll be reviewing the GlamGlow Supermud clearing treatment. I have used it about for good 6 times now. I got a sample size tube to try out if the product suits me and gives me a satisfying result.
Anyhow; I have oily/combo skin. And this products claims to be th advance treatment to heal problematic skin such as acne; blemishes and oiliness. Hmm.. That's almost the story of every women facing skin problems.
Anyhow; the tube be nice platic one. The mud is dark greyish black and is thick in consistency but it smells strong ( I found the smell awful).. Apply a thin layer and let it dry over for 20 mins. I have used this over my nose where I see black heads and clogged pores on sides of nose and chin area. And voila!! It does give you a nice result :) skin feels matte and all clean after washing that dried grey-White layer off with warm water. And yes it does matify my skin for good 7 hours ;)
I will definitely be buying full size.
❤️
Julishaa F.
Julishaa F.
Salem, MA

What really amazes me is that you can SEE the product working. My skin, while usually pretty darn clear has lately decided to freak out on me, and suddenly I'm dealing with blackheads all over. It's rough. I can see them in my pores, and I can feel them under and on top of my skin. So of course I've tried several creams and treatments that target it. I just HAPPENED to have a sample of this that I'd gotten with a purchase, so I figured I'd give it a try. It didn't take much to cover my entire face, and it went on dark gray with these little flecks of what I've read are tea leaves. As it dries it turns much lighter in color to a light gray, and you can see in the mask where it's pulled all the gunk out of your pores. Upon rinsing, my skin immediately felt smoothr, and most of my blackheads were gone. I'm absolutely speechless!

That said... It does seem like it could be drying, so I absolutely recommend following up with a toner and moisturizer right after using this, and I probably wouldn't use it more than once a week.
Anna H.
Anna H.

Is this mask worth the money?
Katie V.
Katie V.
Standish, MI

Is this mask actually as good as everyone says it is?
Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.

Does this product really work as amazing as everyone says it does?
Naomi M.
Naomi M.
Whitestone, NY

Out of all the different variations of mask glam glow has to offer? which would be the best all around mask for skin texture and radiance? (and moisturizing) thanks :)
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Atlanta, GA

I have sensitive skin and lately a problem with breakouts. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with this treatment irritating their skin and if it is really worth the price?

Join Now