GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Clearing TreatmentInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner
4 colors available

BY GLAMGLOW #9 in Face Masks

A scientifically advanced SUPER-MUD™ clearing treatment to target, prevent, and heal problem skin. This formula was clinically developed by GLAMGLOW® dermatological chemists to help fight all common skin concerns, including breakouts, discoloration, black and white heads, razor bumps and in-grown hair.

• I've seen this all over the place and wanted to know if any of y'al...2 Answers
  • I've been using this for a week with amazing results. My skin has c...1 Answers
  • Does anyone else prefer to use this as a spot treatment?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Carrie S.
Carrie S.
Dorr, MI
Hi, everyone! Welcome to my first Fail or Holy Grail! So today I will be doing a review on the Glamglow Supermud! I had purchased this online on Amazon, but just to be safe of scammers I recommend buying directly from Sephora or Glamglows site so after that being said it is time for the review!

Okay let me first tell you the pros of this product:

For my oily skin, it will dry a tiny bit so I am not as oily feeling when using this mask.
It does clean my pores out fairly after my first use.
And even though this doesn’t really count….let me just say it is awesome!

Now it is time for the cons…Is it worth the hype and the $70.00 (Sephora’s retail price)

The product has the most giving me a headache smell (but that might just be me).
Even with me having oily skin and drying me out, I have no clue how bad someone with dry skin would feel when and after using this mud mask!
The product doesn’t last long, about a half a year and with me I mistakenly left it open a tiny bit for one night and the top layer of it dried so please make sure it is closed completely!
Also another term of the product not lasting long is that if you only use on your nose, you will be able to do about 16-25 treatments but, If you do your whole face you may only have enough mud for about 4 treatments…I don’t know about you but I don’t feel like paying 17.00 per treatment of fancy mud!

Okay, my Beauties! My final thoughts! So as you could see there were a lot more cons than pros and I just feel that $70.00 is a lot for a very small tub of a mud mask, So I guess my rating for the Glamglow supermud mask is 4/10. Sorry everyone! I really thought I was going to love this so much since how many people were hyping about it but, this is definitely not a miracle worker for me, but you never know there could be a different experience for you! And If you did have a different experience or even worse than me please comment below! Okay everyone here is a link to the Glamglow website just in case you still would like to purchase it and I hope everyone has a great week! Bye!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Bristol, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I started using this awhile ago and it is one of the best skin treatments out there. I like it better than the mud treatment I had at a spa (birthday gift). I love the fact that it's vegan, I always look for all natural, or organic, or vegan beauty care. I also like that it is ready to use, some other products you have to mix with water or vinegar. Use it sparingly - you don't need a thick layer on your skin, you are just wasting the product. I use makeup sponges to apply the mud, they allow you to quickly put a thin layer on with a minimum of mess. A thin layer works very well, and if you don't use it often and the product in the jar gets a little thick/dry, just add a little water and mix. I've had mixed results with blackheads, sometimes it only takes one use, sometimes it can take 2 or 3 before the black heads disappear completely, I guess it depends on your skin. It does help with oily skin, so even though I don't have a problem with serious breakouts, I have noticed that I don't break out as much and it's becoming less and less each time. Wash your face after using it, mud and clay treatments can leave a very slight residue on your skin, so you want your skin clean before you put on makeup or creams.
Julishaa F.
Julishaa F.
Salem, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What really amazes me is that you can SEE the product working. My skin, while usually pretty darn clear has lately decided to freak out on me, and suddenly I'm dealing with blackheads all over. It's rough. I can see them in my pores, and I can feel them under and on top of my skin. So of course I've tried several creams and treatments that target it. I just HAPPENED to have a sample of this that I'd gotten with a purchase, so I figured I'd give it a try. It didn't take much to cover my entire face, and it went on dark gray with these little flecks of what I've read are tea leaves. As it dries it turns much lighter in color to a light gray, and you can see in the mask where it's pulled all the gunk out of your pores. Upon rinsing, my skin immediately felt smoothr, and most of my blackheads were gone. I'm absolutely speechless!

That said... It does seem like it could be drying, so I absolutely recommend following up with a toner and moisturizer right after using this, and I probably wouldn't use it more than once a week.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a sample of this in my Ipsy bag this month and it's great! I've always been hesitant to try Glamglow because of the price tag, so this was a good way of testing it out before spending money. It has a weird smell but it's bearable, and it also had some chunky pieces of something in the formula (not sure if that's supposed to happen?). Other than that, this is a great mask to use either as a spot treatment or on your entire face; just depends what you need. I used it only in areas where I needed some pore cleaning, so my nose, chin, forehead and cheeks. It cleared up my blackheads, which is really the only issue I have along with large pores, and didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. In fact, my skin felt super hydrated and smooth. I never felt any tingling when I applied the mask, nor any burning or itching. I just took the mask off after 20 minutes; you start to see gunk coming out of your pores, so you know when it's time. If you're hesitant about trying this, don't be! Worth it.
Kira D.
Kira D.
Summerfield, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is my dream come true. I went into Sephora to trade in a DipBrow that was way too dark, and the lady saw me eyeing the skin treatment shelf. She talked with me for a solid 20 minutes (I didn't ask for help either, so shout out to her!) about her two absolute favorite products. This is one of them! We have similar skin, so she really wanted me to try SuperMud. She told me that this single product cleared all her blackheads-- I said "what blackheads?!"... Hence her point. Her skin was FLAWLESS, and her problem area (her nose, and mine too) was COMPLETE CLEAR. I was astounded! I quickly bought one online and was super excited when it finally arrived. I cleaned my face, used the Origins Maskimizer, and applied the mask for roughly 10 minutes, then rinsed. Holy moly, my skin felt AMAZING afterwards! Not only that, but my skin felt super clean, more than just after cleansing. Miraculous! It sinks way into your pores that you can SEE them! Dreams do come true with this product!😍
Anna K.
Anna K.
Savannah, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Unlike with the gravity mud, which you have to be a little more generous with, a little goes an insanely long way with this mask, which gives me great expectations for it's longevity. It smells like tea tree oil, which is fine with me. Goes on dark and dries light. I love the tightening feeling it gives and my favorite part is the visible work you can see the mask doing as it sets on your face. I did not experience any tingling, redness, burning or any other adverse reaction while wearing the mask. I recommend wetting a paper towel and dabbing it on your face when your ready to take it off because doing it with your hands can be a bit painful. I've never seen my face look the way it did after I rinsed off this mask. Like a new person. Definitely my holy grail for masks right now.

On a side note: as with all skin care products, you cannot use it just once and expect a miracle. You must use it consistently and for at least a month before giving up on it.
Madison C.
Madison C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
YAAAAS HUNNY! this mask is EVERYTHING!!! This mask does not burn or cause redness or irritation to my skin and it is so amazing as clearing out my pores. I love using this product for a spot treatment overnight. I tend to have a lot of blackheads in my t-zone so I will put this mask on only in that area at night before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning and wash it off my pores look so clean and small. I just ran out of this product and I will be purchasing it again tomorrow! I am obsessed with glam glow. I love trying new masks but many of them fall short of what they claim to do, but not glamglow. Consider these products your skin's best back up, whenever my skin looks congested I put this on and all of my problem areas are taken care of. You can even see the areas where the extractions happened because you will see little dark dots in those spots, which sounds gross but it is nice to see a product actually work.
Bindiya P.
Bindiya P.
This product is life!! Okay let me start by saying that the packaging is very cute! The product itself is magnificent. I bought this product at Sephora but before I went ahead and splurged( yes it is pricey: $70), I had gotten a sample to test out on my skin. This product is so interesting. When you apply to your face and it dries, you see tiny little black dots. Those dots show you where all the gunk from your pores are being lifted out! And after I rinse the mask off, my skin feels super clean, hydrated and very smooth and soft. This is probably one of the best masks I've used. But aside from using it as a mask, it works great as a clearing treatment. So when I have a new breakout on my face, I just take a little bit of the product and dap it on the breakout spot. I keep it on overnight and in the morning it's gone! Like it was never there to begin with! This product is a holy grail. I recommend this product to everyone!
Hannah B.
Hannah B.
I decided to splurge on this product around the holidays (about 6 months ago) and am SO glad that I did. This is hands down the best mask I have ever used. The packaging is beautiful, which is something that I love in a beauty product, and the mask itself feels great. I love that as it dries down you can really see it working in your pores and on your blemishes. It has worked wonders in terms of keeping my pores clear. I usually use it once a week or once every two weeks (depending on how my skin is feeling) for a real pick-me-up. It immediately makes my skin look brighter and feel so much softer. It is really expensive, but a little goes a long way and it can even be used as a spot treatment. I think that it will last me a long time and it is actually a good price when you break it down to price-per-use. Definitely will repurchase this or one of the other GlamGlos masks when I run out of mine.
This is my favorite Glamglow product. I have combination skin and large pores on my nose and cheeks. This is one of the few exfoliating/cleansing masks that I can actually see a difference in as little as one use. Upon removing the mask my face felt fresh and the pores seem to have shrunken a bit; another unexpected effect is that my face seem to brighten a little bit as well. Of course my pore and skin color revert back to its original form after a couple hours, but the moral of the story is that you can use this as an emergency mask when the occasion arises.
I am not giving the mask a 5-star review because it is hella expensive and tricky to use, especially when the pot dries out. Also if you were to use the mask once a week and all over your face, a regular size pot will only last you a couple use. But still, the product is effective and I would recommend it if you have the dough to spend.
Anna H.
Anna H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this mask worth the money?
Katie V.
Katie V.
Standish, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this mask actually as good as everyone says it is?
Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.
Does this product really work as amazing as everyone says it does?
Naomi M.
Naomi M.
Whitestone, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Out of all the different variations of mask glam glow has to offer? which would be the best all around mask for skin texture and radiance? (and moisturizing) thanks :)
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Atlanta, GA
I have sensitive skin and lately a problem with breakouts. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with this treatment irritating their skin and if it is really worth the price?