Add a Photo

By GLAMGLOW
#18 in Face Masks

A scientifically advanced SUPER-MUD™ clearing treatment to target, prevent, and heal problem skin. This formula was clinically developed by GLAMGLOW® dermatological chemists to help fight all common skin concerns, including breakouts, discoloration, black and white heads, razor bumps and in-grown hair.

Photos (205)
Amanda G.
Amanda G.

I received a 3 oz sample size of this product in my sephora favorites box. This mask is supposed to help with blemishes, redness, scars, congested skin, razor bumps, and ingrown hairs. This mask balances your skin's natural oil level as well as brighten and soften skin complexion with the use of six different acids. Activated charcoal lifts away dirt and other congestions in the skin to leave you with healthy, refined skin. Made without sulfate, parabens, and pthalates. The packaging is a very simple tube with a silver color. It's very minimalistic but the company is recognizable. The instructions say to use this as an all over mask or spot treatment for 5-20 minutes. This is an interesting mask. It is one of the thinner clay masks I've ever used. This clay has an opaque black color (probably from the charcoal) which spreads on pretty easily as long as you apply it quickly. The mask has weird stringy chunks In it that I had to remove as I was applying. I found about 5 of those stringy clumps in one mask session. The mask has a very strong minty - licorice scent that is not my favorite but not terrible. It's a bit strong when you apply it but it gradually disappates. The mask does have a tingling-cooling sensation as it dries. When this mask dries the clay turns to a light grey color and clay looks more texturized emphasizing possibly clogged pores. It dried faster than 20 minutes but I didn't remove it till then. This mask was fairly easy to wash off except for some clumped up stubborn bits that clung desperately to my skin. I noticed that my skin was soft and a little brighter but still a bit red. My pores look tightened and cleaner. This mask didn't leave my oily skin dry but I will follow up with a moisturizer. Overall I'm intrigued by this mask and would like to try it again (the mini bottle probably has enough for one more mask session). I would rate this a 4.0/5.0 stars for it effectively cleaning and tightening pores, and for leaving skin soft without being overly dry. I am still concerned about the stringy clumps that I found spread intermittently throughout the clay and am a bit disappointed that it didn't reduce the irritation and redness of my skin on my cheeks and forehead.
Carrie S.
Carrie S.
Dorr, MI

Hi, everyone! Welcome to my first Fail or Holy Grail! So today I will be doing a review on the Glamglow Supermud! I had purchased this online on Amazon, but just to be safe of scammers I recommend buying directly from Sephora or Glamglows site so after that being said it is time for the review!

Okay let me first tell you the pros of this product:

For my oily skin, it will dry a tiny bit so I am not as oily feeling when using this mask.
It does clean my pores out fairly after my first use.
And even though this doesn’t really count….let me just say it is awesome!

Now it is time for the cons…Is it worth the hype and the $70.00 (Sephora’s retail price)

The product has the most giving me a headache smell (but that might just be me).
Even with me having oily skin and drying me out, I have no clue how bad someone with dry skin would feel when and after using this mud mask!
The product doesn’t last long, about a half a year and with me I mistakenly left it open a tiny bit for one night and the top layer of it dried so please make sure it is closed completely!
Also another term of the product not lasting long is that if you only use on your nose, you will be able to do about 16-25 treatments but, If you do your whole face you may only have enough mud for about 4 treatments…I don’t know about you but I don’t feel like paying 17.00 per treatment of fancy mud!

Okay, my Beauties! My final thoughts! So as you could see there were a lot more cons than pros and I just feel that $70.00 is a lot for a very small tub of a mud mask, So I guess my rating for the Glamglow supermud mask is 4/10. Sorry everyone! I really thought I was going to love this so much since how many people were hyping about it but, this is definitely not a miracle worker for me, but you never know there could be a different experience for you! And If you did have a different experience or even worse than me please comment below! Okay everyone here is a link to the Glamglow website just in case you still would like to purchase it and I hope everyone has a great week! Bye!
Ekaterina V.
Ekaterina V.
East Hanover, New Jersey

Keep it on the skin of the user from 5 to 20 minutes, as you want, it is designed to tighten pores, tone, refresh, purify and give the most notorious and more radiant, in General, the skin should be sleek, healthy, a kind of instant-stress.
For one thing, the mask instantly dry and a little tingly the first 3-4 minutes, so that those who do not like dry clay and contraction of the think instantly run to wash, but give it a chance, hold at least a minimum of 5 minutes, believe me it's worth it!
 What I saw myself (used it 3 times), the skin is stretched in a good way, it becomes very smooth and supple, the mask leads her to tone pores really become hardly noticeable and I struggle with them all my life, and Yes, the skin looks really healthy and shiny, besides specifically, the mask slightly dries out if there is (at the expense of black do not know). I all 3 times kept it on the face for 10 minutes.
After applying the recommended by day to protect the face cream with SPF, since in the acid.
Can be applied locally on inflamed areas and leave on all night.
 I liked it very much and I still want to get that for around the eye area, I don't use it weekly like the other masks (don't know why, but I think if use frequently, it may cause "addiction" of the skin), I will use it on occasion when needed so don't give me it for a long time, it lasts me about 6-7 hours, then the skin comes to its normal state. What about the cumulative effect that I don't think it exists.
Amelia R.
Amelia R.
San Diego, CA

I loved this mask even made my husband do it with me on his nose he gets black heads there but not any other type of acne anywhere else. Me on the other had I get constant breakouts everywhere no matter what I do or try. I've done everything even prescribed acne medication, so I wasn't expecting anything in regards to my acne and it did clear out my pores and dry skin and left my face feeling fresh and clean and dry not in a bad way , my husband gave me the big bottle and I love it, I will definitely be trying out their other products, he works great for men as well . But it's not really for active acne I feel like it's more for prevention so I wasn't even looking/hopeful for that. But I loved the mask. Worth the $70 price. But everyone is complaining about the mask constancy because it lists in the ingredients everything in the mask so don't remove the sticks and odd things it's natural ingredients mixed in. It's okay to be on your face. As for the smell it smells like black licorice not a fan but it goes away quick. I left it on for the time suggested 20mins and it was completely dried. It's a little hard to get off had to scrub it a little. But I love it! It does sting/feel hot a little at first but it's just the menthol ingredient. GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® CLEARING TREATMENT
ana o.
ana o.

It's difficult nowadays to find products that deliver on their promises, but this one truly does! Received the trial size jar of this in the Hydration Holiday Gift Set and WILL be purchasing the full size of this mask soon! My skin looked almost moldy in some areas of my face (particularly around my nose) where I get super clogged pores, when the mask dried... It was fairly disgusting to see but also nice to get visual confirmation it "knew" where problem areas were that needed this mask's attention. Has a cool, slightly tingly sensation as it dries, which also made it feel like it was working. Removing the mask was a bit messy but not more so than another mask of this type (I'm just used to using more peels than muds), but I visibly saw a significant difference in the texture of my skin- which I believe is the point of this product- once removed. My pores in particular look smaller and less clogged: Yay! The only downside for me was that my super dry skin felt a bit more so than usual, so I used a light exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells right after and added a light dab of extra hydration beneath my nightly moisturizer; feels better than ever now! Very happy with this product and excited to try more! :)
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Bristol, CT

I started using this awhile ago and it is one of the best skin treatments out there. I like it better than the mud treatment I had at a spa (birthday gift). I love the fact that it's vegan, I always look for all natural, or organic, or vegan beauty care. I also like that it is ready to use, some other products you have to mix with water or vinegar. Use it sparingly - you don't need a thick layer on your skin, you are just wasting the product. I use makeup sponges to apply the mud, they allow you to quickly put a thin layer on with a minimum of mess. A thin layer works very well, and if you don't use it often and the product in the jar gets a little thick/dry, just add a little water and mix. I've had mixed results with blackheads, sometimes it only takes one use, sometimes it can take 2 or 3 before the black heads disappear completely, I guess it depends on your skin. It does help with oily skin, so even though I don't have a problem with serious breakouts, I have noticed that I don't break out as much and it's becoming less and less each time. Wash your face after using it, mud and clay treatments can leave a very slight residue on your skin, so you want your skin clean before you put on makeup or creams.
Michi G.
Michi G.

Say no more! This is it, this is the ONE. a dream come true. This is heaven on earth, the God of all skin care. Can I talk about how ridiculously awesome this mask is....  I got this product first as a sample from one of my ipsy glam bags and i didn't really payed much attention to it. I use to have clear and perfect skin,  but i guess stress from school has resulted to a ugly skin breakage. pimples started to appear, pores started opening, it was a nightmare and i wanted my perfect skin back. I started looking through all skin treatments samples I've gotten from mostly everywhere and i set hands to the GLAMGLOW. After the first application i started to notice my skin refresh, and after 2 to 3 applications (which I was able to pull from that one little sample) i started to notice my face getting clear. And by clear, I mean cleeaarrr, everything was basically all gone, every pimple, zits, everything. Unfortunately, I reached an end point of my sample, so I decided to buy the full size product. I did not mind the price because I knew it was absolutely worth it. Now I can't seem to go a day with out it. Plus its a fun experience while putting the mask on.
Katie P.
Katie P.

Now I do admit, I am a girl that has run the gauntlet in terms of trying to find the perfect anti-acne mask. I have very sensitive skin and just have difficulties finding something that can remove those nasty zits, and keep them out. I had read many many reviews on this before making the purchase, and thought that it must be worth the rather spendy price tag.My first few uses of the product for well worth it. It does an awesome job of giving you that "tingle" feeling and your pores are easily seen within the first 10 minutes of it on (both a gross and great experience). I did enjoy the scent of the mask as well. However, I didn't see great results with this. When using it as a spot treatment it worked well, but with my entire face, it almost seemed to break out more. I know that this is a rule with a lot of face masks, but I went from a few zits to a ton within the first week. My second week was a little better, but I feel like it almost stopped using its efficiency. All in all, it is a great mask for trying to zap one zit at a time, but for my entire face, it was just a little too much.
Amber G.
Amber G.
Greenwel Spgs, LA

I'd always heard incredible things about this product, so I couldn't wait to try it. I've struggled since puberty with clogged pores on my nose and around my mouth, but nothing I tried had a lasting impression on me with treating these areas. Enter this mask...My opinion: It DOES work -- but it's not life-changing like I expected. It DOES visibly remove grime and gook from your pores, and it DOES leave your skin feeling supple and smooth and pores noticeably smaller -- but there're still plenty of clogged pores remaining after several days of treatment. Other pros: It applies easily, has user-friendly instructions with the packaging, and isn't difficult to remove. Cons: The smell is acidic and unpleasant, and the container is VERY small for the money (I think I paid around $45, but full retail is closer to $60 I think?) however, it DOES last a long time if you keep the container sealed properly. All in all, worth a shot if you have only minorly clogged pores; but if you're like me and looking for the end-all-be-all of pore treatments, this mask didn't quite cut the mustard.
Catarina B.
Catarina B.
Baton Rouge, LA

GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD is the product for you if you like to spot treat (for me: nose & chin) when doing a mask. Now I highly expect that those with oily skin would love this product. However, I don't have dry skin, but I do not think it would fair well. I like that you can just wash this product off, instead of peeling like some masks. Peeling masks always scare me. This didn't have a smells like strawberries, but if you are sensitive to smell then I'm not sure this is the mask for you. It doesn't really have a smell though. I would highly suggest watching to make sure the container is closed as it can dry up like most masks left out when they moisture escapes. For the price of this product and the quantity, I believe it is a good purchase. You get multiple uses for quite a bit. And the trick is to not apply too much because then it also takes a while for the product to dry on your face. GLAMGLOW is also fun in the sense that the color changes when it's dry. I would highly recommend to those with oily skin, and looking for a fantastic spotting mask.
Anna H.
Anna H.

Is this mask worth the money?
Katie V.
Katie V.
Standish, MI

Is this mask actually as good as everyone says it is?
Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.

Does this product really work as amazing as everyone says it does?
Naomi M.
Naomi M.
Whitestone, NY

Out of all the different variations of mask glam glow has to offer? which would be the best all around mask for skin texture and radiance? (and moisturizing) thanks :)
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Atlanta, GA

I have sensitive skin and lately a problem with breakouts. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with this treatment irritating their skin and if it is really worth the price?