GladRags Washable Cotton Menstrual Pads

Are they comfortable? Are they made for different flow types?
How reliable are these? Honestly? My periods are irregular and I am tired of liners! GladRags Washable Cotton Menstrual Pads
I am a heavy bleeder. Will this product provide the absorption I need ?
Start your review of GladRags Washable Cotton Menstrual Pads!
How would you rate this product?
Ciara R.
Santa Maria, CA
I will forever promote reusable menstrual items I have both the Moon Cup size B and cloth pads from Glad Rags and I love them both. I use the cup more often than the pads but they do have a time and a place and they are so much better for you than regular pads that are bleached and can irritate your sensitive skin. Not only could they be harmful to you but then afterwards they go sit in a landfill. When I wash them I usually rinse them out a bit first and throw them in the washing machine, yes this does require you to have contact with the blood, which is not that big of a deal at all as long as you wash your hands.
Elvira Z.
Haverstraw, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 7
1,290 reviews
Purchased at: Walmart
I try to recycle and be proactive! I try to reuse my things! I actually do not think that these pads were too hygienic because the bacteria stays on it and you cannot use multiple a day if you are a working person! A day I needed about 2-3 and it was hard to manage.
Dionne F.
Loveland, CO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I have been a dedicated GladRags user for more than 10 years now. I think at first glance a lot of people think these are gross, but it's even more gross to think of all your used menstrual products piling up in the landfill and slowly killing our planet. Conventional pads and tampons are bleached and contain a harmful chemical called dioxin. If you have really bad menstrual cramps this could be why. My cramps definitely got better after I stopped using disposables. GladRags wants you to try this alternative and be satisfied, so much so that if you buy one, wash it before use, try it and don't like it they will give you your money back. A lot of people think it might be harder to use these when you are away from home, but you can get a carrying pouch that has a waterproof insert in it to put your used pads in so that they won't make a mess before you get home to wash them. I used to take mine to the laundromat before I had my own washer and dryer and I just put them in a lingerie bag to keep them together and no one ever noticed what they were.
Rebekah D.
Chillicothe, IL
I switched over to cloth pads about 6 years ago, and since then have tried many different sellers. I don't actually find the removable inserts on this design helpful. to me it's just one more step, and one more thing to come apart. I don't generally do laundry in the middle of my cycle so I'd just as soon have some heavy and some light, just like I would have with disposable pads. Also, I've found that long term, cotton holds up better than flannel for me. That said, my favorite brand is partypantspads. com, they're thin, have an amazing selection of fabrics/designs and sizes, and use metal snaps (I've found the plastic snaps can warp over time, making the pads unusable before they otherwise would have been. TIPS: Get a darker design to hide any staining. I haven't had major staining issues, but it can happen. Use natural detergents and DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER, it will build up, lead to odors, and decrease absorbency. I've also seen some people suggest white vinegar, I've found that on the thicker pads the vinegar smell can pop back up when it gets wet (i.e. when you're using it), so I don't recommend that. I use molly's suds natural detergent, and add a little baking soda with my pads and it cleans very well. Other: disposable pads have a host of chemicals and bleaching agents which can affect your overall health. The chemicals are designed to draw in the menstrual fluid into the pad, and can actually increase a woman's flow, making her period both heavier and longer, and her cramps worse. They also don't break down well in landfills. Cloth pads don't have any of those issues, and after I switched I noticed a lighter shorter period with less cramping. Also, I find cloth to be much more comfortable than plastic and paper, and generally more absorbent with a thinner pad. If the start-up cost is too high for you, I'd suggest switching over gradually, buying one or two a month until you have enough, or doing frequent laundry.
Rose P.
Arlington, MA
I LOVE GLAD RAGS! i am a frequent buyer of this particular brand of cloth pads, the company will make custom orders depending on whether you need a larger or smaller size. They are easy to wash (all you have to do is throw them in the washer its not rocket science here) and voila! pads for the world!! ok, just for you i wouldn't be sharing these ;) they are soft, comfortable, and easy to store when not in use. they are durable and well made, pretty and chic. i always recommend glad rags. They absorb more than a disposable pad does.
Deanna W.
Goodlettsville, TN
What do we all think they did back in the day. Belt and pads, then came dispose. As in throw away and forget about it. They left off the next sentence, then let the rest of the world worry about it, and then, btw, don't do anything about it until something in distress happens. Then we will all say YUCK! Pull up your big girl panties ladies.
Éclairage M.
Green Bay WI
Nunca lo eh probado o intentado pero me gustaria hacerlo algun dia si me lo permite yo con mucho gusto.
Mallory G.
Cape Elizabeth, ME
I love reusable cloth menstrual pads but I don't feel that GladRags are worth the price.
Kristen S.
Conneaut, OH
I'm a DivaCup and LunaCup girl, but sometimes I just need light protection. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Gladrags for this!
Mariana G.
Atlanta, GA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
We need to stop using cotton pads yesterday!! Not only do they generate trash, but the chemicals they have affect our body intensively. I’ve noticed how much my period cycle and my cramps have changed without cotton pads. 10/10 and you save SOOOO much money!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...