BY GIVENCHY

A deep black mascara that creates a lash extension effect & buildable volume, thanks to its innovative 90° bendable brush. Lashes are deeply reached from the root up to unlimited lengths!

Apply your mascara like a pro following Givenchy's Makeup Artistic Director, Nicolas Degennes' tips:

1. Givenchy presents the new vertical gesture. Bend to 90° by pressing wand against the top of the container to reach lashes from the root up. Then brush them up in a zig zag motion from the root to the tips for unlimited length & definition.

2. Unbend the brush to create a buildable volume.

For an even bolder result, apply Base Mascara Perfecto before your Noir Interdit Mascara.

Buy on Sephora
Kelly L.
Kelly L.
Salyersville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was thankful enough to receive this mascara complimentary
for review from Influenster.  This is the
first Givenchy product I have ever tried and am now interested in trying
more.  I enjoy this mascara quite a
bit.  I definitely have pros and cons to
this product, though.  I think the wand
is innovative.  It’s a cool design, but
there is quite a bit of a learning curve involved.  I tend to really try to coat my lashes,
starting at the root, so the first time I tried this mascara, I pretty much
stabbed my eye.  The wand is rather sharp
too, so you’ve got to be careful when adjusting to the different design because
it actually hurts worse than a typical mascara wand.  The formula is actually pretty great.  It has lasted throughout the day for me, even
in the blistering heat, without flaking or smearing onto my cheeks.  It separated my lashes and lengthened some, I
just prefer a more voluminous appearance.
I feel as though this mascara is more natural than most of the looks I
am going for.  The mascara also has a
strong rose scent.  Weirdly enough, I don’t
have a great sense of smell, so I wasn’t bothered by it.  But I can definitely see those sensitive to
smells being effected.  The packaging is
absolutely gorgeous.  It’s weighty and
feels luxurious, which it should, since it costs almost $30.  That is probably my biggest problem with
mascara.  For $29, that is even more
expensive than your typical higher-end mascara.
And for me, it’s not practical, so it’s not something that I will be
repurchasing.  I will definitely use all
of the tube, but that’s it.  The wand is cool,
but somewhat gimmicky.  It ended up
taking me longer to be more gentle and precise while trying to master the
technique.  And if I get used to using
mascara in this way, it’s just going to limit my abilities when I try other
brands, so in the long run, it’s not going to be my best option.  Now, if you’ve got the money and you’re
looking for a good, more natural, mascara in beautiful packaging, go for
it!  You won’t be disappointed.  Just don’t think that the extra cost of this
mascara is going to change your world, because it’s not.  It is lovely to look at though!

Jenn D.
Jenn D.
Sacramento, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mascara is SO good!!! I honestly don't play around with too many mascaras because I already have my favorites (Too Faced BTS & Loreal Voluminous) but this is definitely a new favorite! If you're familiar with either of those mascaras you'll know that the formula for both of them is on the dry side, which I personally love. I hate waiting a few weeks to a month for a mascara to "get good," I want my mascara to be good when I buy it! This is a lot like those mascaras because it's on the dry side which means it doesn't leave a bunch of blobs of product on your lashes or cause them to stick together or clump up. This is actually better than BTS & Voluminous when it comes to clumping.. I applied like four coats the other day and it still didn't clump, it was great! It adds a LOT of the length to the lashes so if that's something you're looking for, this would be great for you! It adds volume, too, you just have to build it up to get them as thick as you want. I usually only apply two thin coats and I'm really happy with it! Oh, and it smells AMAZING!! I've never had a scented mascara before.. I didn't even know they made them but I love that they do! The big gimmick for this mascara is obviously the wand which I DID like but I'm so used to using a regular wand that it didn't make that dramatic of a difference for me. If you're a beginner or just tend to make a mess when you're putting on mascara this would probably be a miracle for you, though, so it's worth a buy! I would definitely recommend it to beginners or pros!
Nayab N.
Nayab N.
DeKalb, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is something that's unique and unlike anything else that I've ever tried before. I don't actually call it the Givenchy Noir Interdit mascara when talking about it lol, I just call it the Givenchy mascara with the broken wand, because that's exactly what it looks like and makes for quite an intriguing conversation.

Coming on to the mascara - here's how I feel about it -

Is the wand a gimmick?

The wand while unique, is not useless at all. Usually with gimmicky products, that's all they are, gimmicky, but this one serves it's purpose well.

Can I use it like a normal mascara?

The wand can be used like a regular mascara, or twisted at a 90 degree angle to ensure you reach all the lashes in the inner corner.

Do the plastic-y bristles hurt?

The bristles on the mascara wand are only on one side, so the other side is basically completely bare which is very different but when it comes to the bristles, there's one thing I have to mention. They are kinda harder than your average mascara bristle meaning that if you're not careful they will hurt a bit so keep an eye out for that.

Does the formula give volume or length?

The formula itself is not thick, it hasn't dried out a bit in the almost 2 months that I've been using it. When it comes to how it performs, this lengthens my lashes wonderfully and if coated a few times, gives it ample volume too. If you're into lengthening luxury mascaras, then this is the one for you.

Is the 90 degree wand easy to use?

I'll be honest, don't try this mascara out the first time you're heading out because you need a bit of practice to master it, but once you do, you'll be glad you can reach your inner corner lashes without stabbing your eye and all your lower lashes without making a mess!

Do I recommend it?

If you're in the market for a luxury mascara, I'd give this a go.
My Beautiful Flaws ..
My Beautiful Flaws ..
Oakland, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was really excited to try out this mascara and see if it was truly worth the hype. I love the innovative wand design. The 90 degree applicator makes it easy to grab onto smaller, stray lashes. I like the applicator brush. It helps keep the lashes separated without clumping them together, which is technically an attribute of the formula also. That's where my love for this mascara ends though. Because this isn't a waterproof formula, I found that it transferred to my lower eye area within a few hours. The mascara formula itself was pretty thin, which is good because it doesn't clump, but the problem is that it didn't provide any volume and length. I was able to build it up a little with multiple coats but not much. Honestly this didn't perform any better than an average drugstore mascara. For the additional cost of a high end mascara, I expect it to make my lashes pop and look voluminous. Finally, my biggest frustration of all was the heavy rose fragrance added to this product. I understand that some cosmetic companies add fragrance to mask the chemical smell in some products. However they are typically light and fresh, as not to be offensive or trigger migraines in people who have issues with heavy scents. In my opinion, a heavy rose perfume scent does not belong in mascara or any other product being applied to the eyes. Overall, this product is a pass for me. It would be nice for a natural daily look if they would remove the scent and make a waterproof version.

Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I saw what this wand looked like, I literally rolled my eyes. "If it's not broke, don't fix it!" Then I used it. And I didn't get any mascara on my eyelids (a common occurance for me). I also didn't have to extend my arms as far when I was putting it on. I know that might sound silly or trivial to some, but for me and my lazy self, it made a difference!
The formula was also surprisingly good! It has more of a wet consistency which allowed me to really separate my lashes. No clumps! The lengthening quality was definitely there (not a lot of added volume, but no biggie for me).
The packaging is BEAUTIFUL. It has a great weight to it and just feels expensive...because it is...
As for the lasting power, I wore it multiple times through the whole day and had no problems with it transferring. A miracle, as I have oily lids and under eyes.
My ONE COMPLAINT is the perfume-y smell that lingers a little too long. I am very sensitive to smell, and although my sister tried this and had no issue with it, I didn't love it. Maybe if it smelled different? The scent didn't cause any reactions, though, so maybe I'm just being overly picky...
Bottom Line: I recommend this mascara to people who like lengthening mascara, who appreciate beautiful packaging and an innovative wand design, and who want something that'll last through the day.
Peggah E.
Peggah E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This Givenchy mascara is overall a fine product, but it doesn’t offer the drama and effects I’d expect from such a high end product and brand.

I was curious about the mascara because of the unique brush—it has a hinge on the brush that allows it to bend at a 90 degree angle. I believe it’s supposed to allow for more precision and control, and a way to make sure the lashes on the corners of your eyes get a good distribution of product. Overall, I thought that the hinge and 90 degree brush were actually kind of gimmicky and didn’t help me out much. I found it easier and more effective to just use the brush like a regular mascara wand and keep it straight. That being said, this is probably largely influenced by my eye shape and positioning so I’m sure it is different for others even though I personally didn’t find it useful.

The mascara creates volume and keeps lashes defined and fluffy, but doesn’t do a lot in terms of length and curl. I was a little disappointed at first—one coat of mascara does very little for me. I was satisfied when I layered multiple coats of this Givenchy mascara over a mascara base or primer however. But for a one-step mascara, I find Diorshow to be a lot more effective and give fluttery, dramatic lashes with much less effort. Overall, it isn’t a bad product, but it’s just not what I’m looking for and other products on the market perform better for me.
Laurie V.
Laurie V.
Appleton, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was really pleased with this mascara. I like the 90 degree angle to really get all the lashes and avoid a mess on your eyes or surrounding area. I like the length it gave & how it nicely seperated the lashes, although it didn't give a lot of extra fullness. I was ok with that however, because it really turns out a beautiful look everytime I use it. I've received compliments with every use. This ous the first high end mascara or makeup product I've tried & I'm really glad I got the opportunity because I feel like after trying it I now know the worth of the product & the price tag. The packaging is so beautiful & luxurious as well. It's black and glossy with GIVENCHY engraved into it and a beautiful silver detailing adorned down the length of the product. It looks so classy & feels sturdy & well made. TIP: The 90 degree wand can be used straight for the front lashes & then bent to the angle for the sides to get into the unsure/outside lashes. I would definetly recommend this product. I hope to be able to review more of this high end products again, because I certainly will be purchasing this once it runs out.
Jelena S.
Jelena S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Givenchy products have never failed me. Their packaging and product innovation are truly incredible. Packaging is super luxurious. Their 90 degree brush is something that makeup artist have been using for a while - I remember applying makeup on others when we used disposable wands we would always make a curve since it is so much easier to reach even the tiny lashes and it pushes them up nicely. Noir interdit formula is really good - not too wet but not dry either. It is easily buildable so based on preference you can go from soft everyday look to more dramatic lashes. I would do two coats since i like more volume. No smudging or flaking throughout the day even in the heat and humidity I have tried other Givenchy mascaras that were also very good too but this one is the best so far. Can not wait to try their lash primer too! Great job Givenchy. I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Krysten W.
Krysten W.
Grovetown, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Every mascara has one job, and it's to make your lashes look luxurious and In my opinion this mascara is just a gimmick. First, this mascara is $29, and there are endless options for drug store brands that would be better on your pocket and give you the look you aim for with a product. I'm not totally dissing this product... there are some pros but the cons outweigh them. Pro: the pigmentation of the mascara is great; It's rick and dark and would be perfect for any simple "eye look". The packaging is stunning, and it would be great for photos or to look more upscale when you're freshing up your look. Cons: The wand doesn't do much or make a difference in the way my lashes look. The mascara is really dry, and after awhile the product starts to dry out and flake all of my face. Because of the price and the experience I had with this mascara I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, especially when there are plenty of better alternatives on the market today. I received the Givenchy mascara for reviewing purposes, and I'm so thankful I got the opportunity to test this out!
Nicole L.
Nicole L.
Simi valley , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
First impressions were that the wand was very unique and different. I must say, I was a little skeptical and thought the want wouldn't be as sturdy but I was definitely wrong. It clicks and locks in place. I found that it allowed for a very comfortable grip when applying onto lashes.

As far as the formula, first things first, I really enjoyed the smell of the mascara. It has a light fresh scent which really drew me in. However if you're sensitive to scents, this might be a pass for you. The formula was on the wet side but it allowed me to coat every lash while lengthening and separating. I wouldn't say it gave me the volume I'm normally accustomed to but I was satisfied with the results after 2-3 coats, which I highly recommend doing so with this! I do have stick straight, stubborn lashes, and this unfortunately did not hold the curl. Which I'm not surprised by considering only waterproof ones tend to do the iob. But I do imagine if it were waterproof, I'd love it even more. Nonetheless, I would recommend this mascara to others.
Michele R.
Michele R.
Greenville , NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it worth buying or I'm better off getting a drugstore mascara?
Amber O.
Amber O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does the bent brush make it any easier to apply the product or is it about the same as a regular mascara brush?
Briselda E.
Briselda E.
Texhoma, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this make your eye lashes appear long and natural or fake and short? I love mascaras that give me a natural look.
How does the bendable brush improve the application?
Chaya B.