BY GIVENCHY

Givenchy’s newest couture creation invites you to expect the unexpected: a tantalizing texture that’s revealed like a twist of fate; a velvet matte that never feels matte; an unveiling that feels like slight of hand. It’s as daring as a double agent, yet mos t certainly not an illusion. What starts out as a classic Givenchy signature black leather and metal stud lipstick case opens to flaunt a distinctly unlipstick - like, never - before - seen, pen - like foam applicator that’s designed to deliver just the right amou nt of super - vibrant, whipped, creamy liquid color. Open, twist, and release a soft, sensual cashmere caress of extravagant, daring color that’s more than meets the eye. Instantly melting into lips, its hyaluronic - acid formula hydrates and smoothes like a n ourishing lip balm, keeping delicate skin petal - soft and plump for over six hours, while clay extracts create a brilliant sheath effect that wraps your pout in intense color that lasts all day without a hint of drying. Gatuline oil extracted from exotic f lowers of Acmella sculpts and maximizes lips, erasing aging lines and creating the illusion of a broader, fuller, plusher mouth. A secret only a woman can keep. The ultimate statement liquid lipstick for the ultimate statement lip.

Twist slowly to load t he applicator. Apply at the heart of the lips first t hen fill the rest of the lips. Use the pointy tip of the bullet to perfect the pout. Use a shade matched Givenchy lip liner for the perfect lip contour.

The twist up applicator also allows you to retrac t, ensuring the perfect amount of product is delivered every time.

#100 Nude Tweed, a gorgeously glam brown nude

#101 Nude Cachemire, the perfect nude lip color , suitable for all looks and occasions

#106 Nude Taffetas, a pink nude perfect for every occasion

#107 Nude Velours, nude with just a hint of purple, edgy and with a strong character

#202 Rose Flanelle, petal pink, soft like a luxury fabric

#203 Rose Jersey, hot pink that pops

#204 Fuchsia Angora, a foolproof fuchsia, perfectly balanced, stunn ingly stylish

#205 Corail Popeline, a bang on - trend, ultra - sophisticated orangey shade

• How can I receive a free lipstick ? I like this liquide l...6 Answers
  • How's the finish? Is this creamy or matte? These shades a...6 Answers
Ellie (.
Review for: 106 Nude Taffetas more...
YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE!!!
Ok so I’m absolutely head over heels in LOVE with this lipstick! I have the shade nude taffetas and it’s a gorgeous pinky nude that looks very natural and so luscious on my lips! The formula of this lipstick is so nice it just melts into your lips and lasts all day long leaving my lips feeling hydrated and nourished which I find is rare for a liquid lipstick. I can’t feel this on my lips like other liquid lipsticks either which is something I love about this product! It has almost more of a lip balm feel but the long lasting effectiveness of liquid lipstick- it’s a win win!
Also, I wasn’t sure about the applicator at first but it’s super easy to use and I’ve found it to be so much more precise then a ‘wand applicator’ would be. I don’t even need to look in the mirror to apply this lipstick!! You just give it a little twist and some product comes onto the soft foamy applicator tip and you use this to gently apply to your lips for absolutely gorgeous coverage.
Also I have to mention something- this is probably the COOLEST lipstick I’ve ever owned! Seriously the packaging is epic! It’s like leather and has studs on it and gives you that ‘feel good’ feeling before you’ve even put the lipstick on!!
Such a high end feel to it and a high quality product- can’t recommend this highly enough to anyone and already purchased another shade because I’m addicted and in love!!
*** I did receive this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster but have fallen in love and will 100% be repurchasing this shade when I’m out!
Brandi B.
Austin, TX
Review for: 412 Grenat Alpaga more...
The color I received in my "Gevenchy Voxbox" was too dark and plum colored for my skin-tone, so I won't be able to provide an appropriate assessment of the color itself, but the product was nice.

Packaging

The packaging was luxurious, exactly what I would expect from a high-end product.  It has a nice weight that feels good in your hand.   The top makes a very satisfying click when it closes and feels like it has closed securely.  I wouldn't be worried about this product opening up in my purse or bag.

Application

The turn-up, clicking seems a bit gimmicky to me.  One twist does provide enough product for my lips, but I wasn't crazy about the flat, fuzzy application pad.  I felt that the actual application of the product was not great - I had a hard time getting my lines straight and felt that the product applied unevenly.

After my initial application, I started over with a lip brush and found that the product applied quite nicely.

Actual Product / Wear Time

While the application wasn't great, I did find that once I was able to get an even distribution, it was comfortable and creamy.  The wear time was pretty good, though the color provided looked pretty bad with my complexion, so I was only able to stand it while I was at home - about three hours.  When removed, the product did leave a slight stain on the lips, which I believe helps its staying power.

Comfort

After three hours of wear, my lips still felt pretty hydrated and I didn't notice any feathering or cracking.  As a note, I always use a very light lip balm before applying any lip product.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I enjoyed the experience of demoing this product.  I felt that it was both hydrating and luxurious and the packing was quite elegant.  I was not a fan of the application tips, but I think with a nice lip-brush, the product applied perfectly.  I would definitely be interested in trying this product in a color that better suits my skin-tone.
Gloria K.
Review for: 106 Nude Taffetas more...
I received a complimentary Givenchy le Rouge liquide from Influenster.com for review.
I received this liquid lipstick in the nude tafetta shade. Nude tafetta is a warm, pinky nude that would probably flatter many skin tones. I have medium skin with yellow undertones, and this is a great color on me! The packaging is gorgeous, which is a nice bonus. The application process is a little unique, but simple. Just twist counter-clockwise to release product. I would recommend doing this slowly (especially in the beginning), so you can get familiar with how much product comes out. The product glides on smooth and has a sweet scent that is mild. I had no issues using this without a lip liner, which makes me happy because I'm fairly low maintenance! Just like other liquid lipsticks, this formula isn't that hydrating; however, I don't find that it dries out my lips either. Givenchy beauty describes this as a "soft velvet matte," which is pretty accurate; the finish is matte with a slight sheen. This has good staying power, but does come off with eating/drinking. I haven't tried many products from Givenchy beauty, but this one is great! By the way, the color on the applicator doesn't really match the color of the product, so don't let that throw you off.
Mahvish D.
Dallas, TX
Review for: 106 Nude Taffetas more...
First and foremost, this is the most dope packaging I’ve seen on any make up product. The applicator I’m not too hot about it. It’s a little big for me and I don’t think it applies the lipstick well. I usually have to go in with a lipliner and then put some of the lipstick on and smudge it out with my fingers. The formula itself is pretty hydrating when you put it in and it dries it a soft velvet matte finish. While it does come off throughout the day, it has pretty good staying power. A note for those with dry lips: this does settle into the cracks and lines of your lip so I would suggest either doing a good lip scrub in the morning before you put this on and put on some lip balm a few minutes before you put this on. It does feel dry on the lips after a few hours. The color itself is beautiful. I have a golden medium honey skin tone and the color looked a little too pink when I first put it on, and I wasn’t about it. But I came back after it had a chance to dry and it had sort of darkened/blended with my natural lip tone to produce this beautiful color. I tried it on my mom and it also blended beautifully with her lip color after a few minutes, so I would definitely recommend letting the lip color dry and seeing how it darkens on your lips before picking a color.

* I recieved this product for complimentary purposes in exchange for my honest review.
katie c.
Review for: 106 Nude Taffetas more...
givenchy really knows how to do it, from the sleek packaging and leather exterior, down to the very smooth application. seriously, this lipstick is amazing. i love a matte lip but have dry skin and sensitive lips, so a girl's got some first world issues. this really doesn't feel like a matte lipstick (and i've tried plenty from maybelline to anastasia to nars). since i received this in a voxbox for testing, i also had a flyer explaining that they use gatuline oil. i thought that it was just fluff to embellish the product and make it sound intellectual and lavish, but the oil really aids in application (and everything i said previously). i was also skeptical about the sponge applicator, but it's really quite smooth. from someone who constantly battles for moisture, this lipstick is great.as for long lasting, i would have to disagree. it has a pretty typical wear time, but if you purchase the lighter colours, re-applying isn't a problem. i would hesitate towards recommending darker shades. as you can imagine, the sponge applicator makes it difficult to create crisp lines. maybe it would work if you had a lip liner, but i would still be hesitant (and definitely use a mirror). there's also hardly a scent, just a slightly sweet smelling aura.the only thing that knocks this down a star is the price point. thirty seven dollars is wild, but hey. it's givenchy.
Sara E.
Encino, CA
Review for: 412 Grenat Alpaga more...
*I was so excited to receive this lip product for #free from Influenster.com in exchange for an honest review!

My initial reaction was that the packaging was sleek. It definitely looks high end! The leather-like tube with the studs are on-trend and unique. I had to figure out how to open the tube of lip color (because I obviously didn't read the instructions first) but once I did I was intrigued. I have never seen an applicator quite like this one! The fuzziness concerned me a bit as I wasn't sure how precise the color would go on. I associate fuzzy applicators with wands. Also, the texture of it makes me wonder about how long it would hold up or if it would start to get gross after several applications.

At first twist, A LOT of product came out! Since I didn't know how sheer/opaque it is I kind of panicked. I didn't want to waste product! Luckily, the color is a bit more sheer than it seems coming out of the tube. I will say, application wasn't necessarily easy. The color diffuses and doesn't go on evenly. I think that has to do with the applicator. It was thick in some areas and thin in others. I would definitely recommend using a liner with this unless you are going for more of a stained look. It just doesn't go on precisely. Once I had it on I liked it but it didn't last for long. I did not find it to be long-wearing. Color came off with ever sip of coffee. By mid-morning, it looked more like a light stain- which isn't bad! Just unexpected since it isn't marketed as a stain.

This is not a color I would have normally picked up to try a new product but I was not terribly disappointed. I think the range of colors is nice and fairly universal.

I tried to guess at what I thought the price point would be for something like this and with the Givenchy. I DID NOT guess that it would be $37. That is on the pricier side and I am not sure that I would splurge but I am curious about other shades as the velvet texture is one thing that I liked quite a bit.

Lastly, I will say-- the formula smells incredible. Like cotton candy! That part made me very happy.
Ksenia S.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: 412 Grenat Alpaga more...
To begin with, the packaging is absolutely beautiful! It feels like you’re holding some James-Bond-Girlfriend spy tool)) I got this product right before a big night out, and the shade happened to work perfectly with my outfit)) otherwise might have been a little too dark for me..I’d say it’s slightly darker than the color in the picture.. now, to the product itself! It’s pretty easy to apply, even though the twist and slide technology is a bit different. I did however face difficulties with twisting out the right amount! I was twisting it little by little and nothing happened, and then in one second there’s a whole noodle of the lipstick out!)) and of course you can’t twist it in the other direction to go back, so ended up waisting some of it. The color lays on the lips beautifully! The texture is very nice and soft and even though it’s matt, it didn’t dry my lips at all. I didn’t use the contour with it, nor did i use any primers, so I can’t say it lasted me all night.. but I did go out for dinner and without reapplying it, there was still a decent amount left on my lips after a 2 hour meal and drinks. All in all, recommend for people who like rich colors with velvety texture and aren’t afraid to experiment with slightly new ways of application.
Amanda J.
Canton, GA
Review for: 412 Grenat Alpaga more...
This is the kind of liquid lipstick that I wish I could repot. If it was sold in a leather look tube with a doe foot wand it would be perfect. The liquid lipstick is creamy and comfortable (though never fully dries) but the dark red in shade 412 was extremely difficult to apply with the imprecise sponge tip applicator. The packaging is beautiful and textured and it seems quite secure to throw in a purse. However. it's extremely lightweight and I imagine this will run out very quickly -- a huge downfall for the price. The sponge tip seems unhygienic and unfortunately this innovative application decision falls flat for me. I'd be open to trying other colors but I don't think I'd purchase one given the application issues, price and product volume. Sorry Givenchy, you tried. I received this product free from Influenster and Givenchy and I give my honest opinion freely.
Julia S.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: 412 Grenat Alpaga more...
Wow! Innovation big time with this liquid-sponge-lipstick! When I opened it, I was confused for a minute, but after reading the how-to, it was easy and fun to apply. The texture is amazing, smooth super lightweight velvet. There’s a pleasant smell during application and it goes away shortly after, which is nice. No falling into lip creases, no smearing onto teeth. I barely feel it, which is fascinating given the amount of color it gives.
It would work best with the liner as recommended. Works without it too, but if you want flawless sharp finish, pencil will do it.
I had a little trouble with twisting the tube - first nothing was coming out and then too much liquid came out. So be careful and don’t twist too many times.
I’m so happy I got to try it complimentary from Influenster! I will be definitely purchasing more neutral colors!
The color I got was 412 Grenat Alpaga - fab for evening makeup or darker complexion Givenchy Le Rouge Liquide Lipstick
cecilia n.
Review for: 412 Grenat Alpaga more...
Packaging: So luxurious and fancy! The black leather and metal stud lipstick case feels very luxe. I don't feel like the case would would crack like my regular plastic lipstick ones. The top stays closed and seems to be secure enough.

Shade: I am usually a Nude type of girl, but I received this complimentary product for sampling purposes in the shade of 412 Grenat Alpaga (which is a shade of red). I’ve been looking for a red that I could get used to, because I’m not used to bold lips. In the end, this was actually a really nice shade of red that was not too bright for my Asian skin tone, and got me a lot of compliments too.

Application: About one-and-a-half twists were needed to provide enough product for my lips. The description makes the retracting part a big deal, but most lipsticks already retract so I didn’t think it was special. The pen-like foam applicator was soft and easy to use. BUT I did not like it, because it was a bit thick and did not allow me to do sharp lines. Red lips must be precise, otherwise it’ll ruin the whole look. This was a big factor for my rating. Maybe using a lip brush with lip liner would be better, but that would defeat the purpose of this newly created applicator.

Wear: This is a “soft” matte liquid lipstick, aka liquid lip that transfers yet leaves a light tinge behind. Worth noting that I’ve been using lip stains that are drying on the lips, so this was a nice change of pace to have a hydrating formula on. It stayed very comfortable and soft the whole time, which is probably due to the hyaluronic-acid and gatuline oil. But it transfers, which I really really don’t like, hence my use of lip stains. It does not last through eating, so I had to reapply.

Final Thoughts: Probably wouldn’t buy it for myself, considering the price point is $37. Nice color and hydrating formula, but I like my lip products to last through the day. I would not add it to my bag, unless I needed a bold red lip and had another way of applying the color. Though I am curious how the other colors would look on me and if I would be less OCD with the nudes lol. #thisisnotwhatyouthink Givenchy Le Rouge Liquide Lipstick
Kathy T.
Rocklin
Curious if there are any user's with pics with the Nude Velours shade?  Anyone try it?
Valentina F.
How's the finish? Is this creamy or matte? These shades are soooo pretty!
Brianne S.
Warwick, RI
I have been twisting this thing for like an hour. How do you get product out of this thing. Do you twist the bottom thicker part to the right or the skinnier top part to the right?
How can I receive a free lipstick ? I like this liquide lipstick.
Alix J.
Los Angeles , CA
For the life of me, I still cannot figure out how to dispense the product. I’ve tried twisting the bottom part multiple times to the right/left, twisting bottom and pushing top down simultaneously, to no success...please help!!