BY GIRO

The Giro Nine helmet has come a long way since its introduction in 2001. The shell's design has been re-shaped into a sleeker, lower-profile design, too, and integrated into it are both Super Cool vents with Thermostat Control adjustability and Giro's Stack Vent up front to keep goggles from fogging. The Giro Nine MIPS Helmet also uses the MIPS system to keep your head safer in a crash. The Nine also utilizes Giro's In Form Fit System makes it easy to dial in the perfect fit, even with gloves, while the Vertical Tuning feature can accommodate a wide variety of both head and goggle shapes. Rounding everything out is the helmet's compatibility with all aftermarket Giro audio systems so you can keep the jams pumping. The big story behind the Giro Nine MIPS helmet is the MIPS system. The MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) structure integrates easily into the Nine's bones without altering its look. MIPS is the separation of the EPS foam shell from the retention system (the part that grabs your head) via a semi-floating suspension system, so that when the shell absorbs an impact, or two, or four, in a crash, it doesn't transfer that energy directly into the skull. Instead, forces are isolated, saving your head and neck from undo impacts. Developed in Scandinavia more than 10 years ago, the MIPS system has been continually revised and applied to an ever-growing number of helmets in different sports, and it's been credited with saving countless noggins from more serious injury. see more...

Jeannine C.
Ithaca, NY
I have a different Giro helmet, and find it to be an excellent value and good fit. I sometimes have trouble fitting the chin strap, but other than that I normally have a secure and comfortable fit in this helmet. I do wish the women's one size helmets were larger. I have to purchase men's helmets, but would like to have the option of getting a girly color.
Cindy H.
This is not the exact style of helmet I have, but rather another Giro mips helmet. I love my helmet! It fits well and the straps are easy to adjust without bothering my chin. Some people may feel the mips is unnecessary, but I think why not? Mind you, I am more of a leisurely biker and not looking to shave off every ounce of weight that I can or be as aerodynamic as possible. My particular helmet style is attractive and doesn't make me feel like a bowl head. Giro is a great brand, but I feel that people are usually more Bell or more Giro. I'd recommend testing it helmets in store first to find the perfect fit!