BY GIRLS ON THE RUN #41 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Girls on the Run
  • "This is one of the programs i would encourage girls to join and the best part of it is that it helps with your self esteem " in 11 reviews
  • "such a great organization and I often times track the miles I run and use them help provide Girls on the Run with funding! " in 9 reviews
  • "This is a great program that encourages girls to get active, provides mentoring, and provides character-building and self-esteem building activities." in 7 reviews
  • "I had the opportunity to participate and I would definitely recommend other young girls join." in 3 reviews
Bonnie L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
This is such an amazing organization. They make such a difference in peoples lives. I am so glad that Influenster includes charities in their website so people can express how appreciative they are for the people involved. Overall great organization!
Rachel M.
I LOVE Girls on the Run! I learned about GOTR because it's one of my sorority's national philanthropies. GOTR encourages young girls to be active, confident, and have positive self-images. You can volunteer with GOTR by being a coach, running buddy, or helping at the 5K. I have helped at the 5K by teaching young girls ASL signs of affirmation. This year I had the opportunity to talk to many of the girls, coaches, and families about GOTR and I heard nothing but positive things. It was very inspiring to see elementary school aged girls have so much confidence, know that inner beauty is what makes them shine, and realize the qualities that make them special.
Sarah G.
Arvada, CO
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I coached a season of GOTR and had a great time. I coached in a lower income school and we had a very diverse group of 3rd-5th graders. The GOTR organization was able to donate water bottles to our girls when they all showed up time and time again without them. Our group was so fun and they learned so much about how to be their best selves. This includes positive body image, healthy goal setting, caring for each other, and teamwork. My favorite GOTR moment was when our best runner, a 3rd grader ran extra laps in our practice 5k with one of our 5th graders who struggled with asthma. She cheered her on the whole way saying, "You can do it! I believe in you and am right here. We will persevere!" It was so sweet and really embodies what GOTR is all about.
Brooke J.
I learned about Girls on the Run through my sorority's national philanthropy and absolutely love it and everything they do! They help so many young girls learn and gain confidence, social skills, and leadership skills. I volunteered at their last run event and it was an amazing experience and I'll definitely be volunteering with my local chapter wherever I end up.
Elizabeth M.
Girls on the run is an amazing program with a great mission! I learned about GOTR through my sisters sorority. GOTR encourages young girls to be active, confident, and have positive self-images. You can volunteer with GOTR by being a coach, running buddy, or helping at the 5K. It is so nice to see girls being cheered on, not only in running but in life.
Aimeé L.
Denver, CO
I was a part of girls on the run in middle school! It was a life changing experience. I support because it teaches young women the beautiful girl power they have. Support your youth, as they are the future.
Lucy G.
Saint Louis, MO
I've done this before and it's a really cool organization. All the girls are so sweet and it's just very encouraging of staying healthy. It's definitely something to look into.
Belle B.
Matheny , WV
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Just recently the first chapter(?) opened up not far from where I live. They seem to be doing some really incredible work and I hope to be able to volunteer with the girls soon! I love the mix of activity and a women driven movement!
Lindsey H.
Buffalo, NY
I only heard of this group because our local elementary school has a group that all run together after school so I wanted to get my daughter involved. It's amazing to see the confidence in these girls grow!
Stephanie S.
Milwaukee, WI
Great program for girls helps them work as a team and alone to boost their self esteem my daughter was in girls on the run for two years in elementary school she loved it I also support this group because it really helped her learn more about her self and others
Jazmyn J.
Prairieville, LA
What exactly is this? Is it only for girls?
Kimberly R.
Santa Rosa, TX
Where does this take place ?
Lauren H.
How can I learn more about this foundation?
April G.
Shawsville, VA
I've never heard of this organization, what is its mission?
Alysha L.