BY PORTFOLIO TRADE

The New York Times bestseller Sophia Amoruso spent her teens hitchhiking, committing petty theft, and dumpster diving. By twenty-two, she had resigned herself to employment, but was still broke, directionless, and working a mediocre day job she'd taken for the health insurance. Eight years later, she is the founder, CEO, and creative director of Nasty Gal, a $100 million plus online fashion retailer with more than 350 employees. Sophia's never been a typical CEO, or a typical anything, and she's written #GIRLBOSS for outsiders (and insiders) seeking a unique path to success, even when that path is winding as all hell and lined with naysayers.#GIRLBOSS proves that being successful isn't about how popular you were in high school or where you went to college (if you went to college). Rather, success is about trusting your instincts and following your gut, knowing which rules to follow and which to break. see more...

• I've been really wanting to read this book? What are some key thi...2 Answers
  • Does this book tend to be geared toward more of the "CEO" titled ...1 Answers
Molly B.
Molly B.
Saint Louis, MO
A friend chose this for our book club and I was obsessed. I couldn't put it down - I read it cover to cover in a day. Sophie Amoruso's writing is hilarious and real. This is what every young progressional woman should read. Regardless of your career field, you can learn from Amoruso's witty writing and hard-earned life lessons.
Gwendaline M.
Gwendaline M.
Virginia Bch, VA
This book is not only relatable, and in the best way, it's well written and truly motivational. I have already read this book multiple times, and each time it never gets old or less motivational. Sophia proves that hard work sincerely pays off, and you can reach any goal that you truly want to reach.
Mackenzie P.
Mackenzie P.
As a young nonprofit CEO, this book hit home. Easy read, entertaining & motivating.

Absolutely would recommend to anyone interested in business or all my ladies!
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
Lincoln, NE
This lady is so inspiring! The book is very easy to read and and enjoyable.
Maxcine N.
Maxcine N.
Indianapolis, IN
I actually bought this book last month and so far it's my favoriteeeee. You honestly learn something every time you turn the pages. You'll find wow moments, something to laugh about and plenty of goodies in this book. I even made a blog post! Highly recommended.
Rebeccah Z.
Rebeccah Z.
Greenville, NC
Grab this book and learn to be the fabulous boss lady you were meant to be. It's filled with tips of the fashion industry and down right wittiness that any girlboss will love. I recommend this to every girl boss I meet!
Kiersten M.
Kiersten M.
Oakland, NJ
I just graduated college and this book was exactly what I needed! She talks about finding what's best for you and that doesn't always mean it's the same as what's best for others!
Wendy S.
Wendy S.
Decatur, TX
Empowering, inspiring, funny and a quick read. Sophia had great tips for those just starting out or someone who has been at it for a while! Learn from your mistakes, build on your strengths and read this book!!
Nicole L.
Nicole L.
Dayton , OH
I have been following this brand of clothing for so long and admire Sophia Amoruso so much! Such an inspiring book!
Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.
Robesonia, PA
I started reading it but it never really fully caught my attention enough to finish the book
Celeste J.
Celeste J.
Fresno, CA
I've been really wanting to read this book? What are some key things I should expect?
Taylor W.
Taylor W.
Carriere, MS
Does this book tend to be geared toward more of the "CEO" titled women or will it still benefit me being a woman in a sales department?