BY PORTFOLIO HARDCOVER

THE RUNAWAY NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER The first thing Sophia Amoruso sold online wasn't fashion-it was a stolen book. She spent her teens hitchhiking, committing petty theft, and dumpster diving. By twenty-two, she had resigned herself to employment, but was still broke, directionless, and working a mediocre day job she'd taken for the health insurance. It was there that Sophia decided to start selling vintage clothes on eBay. Eight years later, she is the founder, CEO, and creative director of Nasty Gal, a $100 million plus online fashion retailer with more than 350 employees. Sophia's never been a typical CEO, or a typical anything, and she's written #GIRLBOSS for outsiders (and insiders) seeking a unique path to success, even when that path is winding as all hell and lined with naysayers.#GIRLBOSS includes Sophia's story, yet is infinitely bigger than Sophia. It's deeply personal yet universal. Filled with brazen wake-up calls ("You are not a special snowflake"), cunning and frank observations ("Failure is your invention"), and behind-the-scenes stories from Nasty Gal's meteoric rise, #GIRLBOSS covers a lot of ground. It proves that being successful isn't about how popular you were in high school or where you went to college (if you went to college). Rather, success is about trusting your instincts and following your gut, knowing which rules to follow and which to break.A #GIRLBOSS takes her life seriously without taking herself too seriously. She takes chances and takes responsibility on her own terms.She knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them. When to button up and when to let her freak flag fly. As Sophia writes, "I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don't ever grow up. Don't become a bore. Don't let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let's do this. see more...

Tara N.
Overall I would say this is a solid book.  It's very interesting to see someone's trajectory, going from nothing to running a multi million dollar business.  Her advice was very practical and encouraging for the reader.  I wasn't a huge fan of promoting the dangerous behavior she engaged in during her younger years, but she did caution that it was a very bad idea even if it didn't seem like one at the time.
Emily G.
Middleton
This is a pretty good read. It offers a nice, inspirational message along with interesting anecdotes. Cute cover. Something about the term #girlboss is off-putting to me, why not just be the boss. Worth reading.
Elizabeth T.
Bridgeport, CT
I honestly enjoyed this book a lot. While I never really was into Nasty Gal and any of their products (pricing) this book really encouraged me as a college student. I want to go into PR, and this view of the fashion world as well as the tips that Sophia gives on stay positive, having good people around you, and staying focused on whatever field that you want to go to. The drawings and quotes in this book are so instagram worthy.
Jasmine E.
Marietta, GA
This is one of the first books I read when I decided to become an entrepreneur and I’m so happy I picked it up. It was funny, inspiring, and super honest - because being a biz owner isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. I loved it - a motivational and good read. Definitely recommend!
Estephanie P.
Hialeah, FL
This is a great read. It follows the story of Sophia Amoruso and how she build her empire of the ever popular store: Nasty Gal. She offers real life tips on how to start and build your goals. She is really transparen't and raw in her writing, which I appreciate. She goes through the highs and the lows of owning a successful company AND owning a company that was built on ZERO debt! She is truly a #GirlBoss ; must read for any aspiring entrepreneur.
Stephanie N.
If you are starting a business or just want to be inspired on how you can live a better full filling life then I would pick up this book. It easy to read and a fast read. I hate spending money on books so I always turn to the library. If I really enjoy the book then I will purchase it. This book is defiantly on my purchase list.
Sadie P.
Denver, CO
I enjoyed this book quite a bit. Filled with quirky and sassy stories about how the creator of nasty gal overcame so much through out her life and went from being just a regular girl to a #girlboss. Filled with tips on how you can be Strong, confident and bold along the way. It's something I'd imagine that girls who are looking to rise up and stand out might appreciate.
Whitney S.
boca raton, FL
This is one of my favorite books. Her story is a pretty good easy read. It keeps you pulled in and interested in what she has to say. I found this book when I started to work and do my own thing with my hair studio and it kind of an inspired me Innoway. I highly recommend it is definitely a checkbook to read and now I heard they have the show too.
Jeana H.
I have read this book 6 times and could read it again and again. #girlboss is inspiring for female bosses everywhere. Hard work, dedication and loving what you do pays off. "Treat your mind like your money; don't wa$te it." -#girlboss
Ashley T.
Marion, IN
This book can be inspiring especially if you are entering some type of business field. Sophia can be a bit vulgar and crude so if that is not your style I would not read but I enjoyed it for the most part.
Sierra S.
Marietta, GA
Does this book go into details about selling clothing like how to find a distributer or how to educate yourself about the field?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this as good as they say it is???