BY GIRL SCOUTS OF AMERICA #5 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Did you know the Girl Scouts has a program where you can donate a...94 Answers
  • What kind of cookies you like? And why? Girl Scouts of the USA8 Answers
  • Why are the cookies getting so expensive now?17 Answers
Girl Scouts of the USA
  • "I was a girl scout as a young girl and now my daughter has followed in my footsteps and she has been a girl scout for 3 years!" in 217 reviews
  • "The very best girl scout cookie is the Soma, and then the thin mint...just a little disappointed that the price went up ...harder to buy as many!" in 108 reviews
  • "Girl Scouts is a great organization which provides strong female role models for young girls and assists them in acquiring many necessary traits." in 92 reviews
  • "This is a great way to educate girls to become good women that will be able to serve their community and better their society." in 63 reviews
  • "Very good program for girls gives them a lot of life skills and sense of responsability I think every girl should take the chance to be a girl scout and who don't love those cookies" in 59 reviews
LeiLani V.
LeiLani V.
Phoenix, AZ
I gave this three stars because I believe girl scouts is get and all if you have a good troop. I had a bad experience with my troop. My troop leader wasn't the greatest we didn't do much expect gossip during meetings. All the badges I earned was earned by me doing stuff with my grandma and etc. All on my own. I eventually quit because she blamed me and started yelling at me for not selling a box of cookies. Really she never got to hear what I said and only talked to one girl. Honestly all the parents got mind my mom was yelling because she had no right to yell and scream at me the way she did. I was one of the beat sellers. So honestly if anything find a good troop and don't join/find a troop that won't do anything it not worth it. My grandma was a GS leader and was a good one everyone loved her reason she tried to get me to join. I was excited till I realized I learned more on my own then with the group.
Jody J.
Jody J.
Lanesville, IN
We are absolutely a Girl Scout family. My mother was Troop Leader back when I was a Brownie and a Junior, and now she's Co-Leader for my little sister's group. The higher-ups in the system (for the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana, at least) are not the best people and are mostly in it for the money. They hold personal grudges and often treat some groups unfairly. However, that doesn't stop us from having a great time in our troop. The girls are taught so many valuable life skills that aren't taught in school. And some troops get to do amazing things with a passionate enough leader (we just went to Costa Rica after spending a year and a half fundraising and are planning a trip to Europe next summer). I couldn't speak highly enough of Girl Scouts. If you want your daughters or granddaughters or sisters to live happy, healthy, independent loves, Girl Scouts is a wonderful choice.
Allyson B.
Allyson B.
Charleston, SC
I was a Girl Scout for seven years and it was probably the best seven years of my life. I absolutely loved cookie season and spending all weekend every weekend just selling cookies, but I loved going to camp even more. I would go for two weeks during the summer and do nothing but ride horses. But there's so much more to being a GS than selling cookies and going to camp. I met so many people and made a ton of friends. Earning new badges was pretty exciting too. Personally, the best part of being a GS was learning a ton of new things and being able to be apart of a community with so many girls who aspire to do different things in life. My troop was big on volunteering and helping out people in need and I have definitely carried that on in my life even after quitting scouts. My biggest mistake was deciding to quit going to scouts.
Allie W.
Allie W.
I was a daisy scout when I was little and made it all the way through to an adult Girl Scout (as I am now). My mom became a leader when we moved and they didn't have enough troops for me and I thank her for it! It was an amazing bonding experience for us and I've met so many lifelong friends through the troop. Now, I'm an old adult Girl Scout, but I would never give up my younger Girl Scout memories. I learned so much and a lot of it is applicable to real life situations. Finances, personal skills, general knowledge, and of course, cookies! I loved girl scouting and I still love it and I will forever love it!
On my honor, I will try!
Vanessa V.
Vanessa V.
Portland, OR
I was a girl scout when I was a kid. It was fun, I remember there was lots of games and sold cookies, and generally over all a great fun. There was a sense that we really had to push those cookies though, but hey, girl scout cookies are the best. I didn't really learn anything like my brothers had learned in boy scouts, but was a positive environment for a little girl at the time and you can never really have enough of those. I had to quit because of my family situation, and I don't really miss it, but it was a good experience.
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
I am an avid volunteer with the girl scouts. My daughter and her friends love their time tog eery her, the adventures, the community service and the fun trips we take. It really helps young girls to set goals in life. We live in VA and participated in a NY trip for the girls. They worked so hard and achieved their goals through fundraising events to earn the money to go. It really showed them how to work and save. If you ever get a chance then you should go to Girl Scout headquarters in NY. Everyone there is really nice.
Kayla H.
Kayla H.
Chillicothe, Ohio
I was a girl scout for 2 years. You really need to find a troop that is about more than selling cookies and going on outings to get the full effect of this organization. I was in one troop that read to kids at the library every Wednesday and Friday, visited nursing home guests on Tuesdays, community volunteer day was on Saturdays, meetings were on Monday, Thursdays were soup kitchen/food drive days. Really good organization if you find the right leaders! Helps girls establish friendships and feel equal and important.
Brittany B.
Brittany B.

I LOVE Girl Scout Cookies. When I was younger I used to be in girl scouts. I was a Daisy, Brownie, and even made it to Juniors. I have to say selling cookies is the best way to raise money. To this day I still make sure to buy girl scout cookies! I cannot believe how long this has been around and how successful it has been. When I was a Junior my troop took a trip to Savanah Georgia and visited juliet lowes home. We also spent the night in the house that is featured in the book and movie Garden of Good and Evil.
Megan M.
Megan M.
Canonsburg, PA
Good Samaritan Expert
I once was a Girl Scout. I guess I didn't have such a great experience because my leader was obsessed with cookie sales and my grandparents owned 6 Wendy's locations...well, outselling this lady..was unacceptable and I was forced out by being shunned by the daughter and all the other girls..
Besides that, I really want my future daughter to be a part of this organization because after reading a few reviews, I'm saddened that I only had that experience and want what these other girls had for my daughter.
Rea A.
Rea A.
Bend, OR
I think you get out what you put in. My mom was a troop leader and each season we had a theme. We spent the spring practicing outdoor cooking techniques with recipes from around the world. Summer we put those skills to use on campouts. Winter was volunteer projects like making quilts for Ronald McDonald house. Really, the skill sets of the leaders set the tone for the troops. I got to go to camp out of state and the local girls there had been doing much more urban projects than we did.
JoAnna C.
JoAnna C.
Good Samaritan Expert
Whats your favorite cookie?!
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who was a girl scout/knows someone who is/was?
Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Riverside, CA
Did you know the Girl Scouts has a program where you can donate a box of cookies to send to troops overseas?!
Victoria M.
Victoria M.
Mt Pleasant, WI
If you could only eat one kind which would you choose
Pearl H.
Pearl H.
Are the cookies sold a certain time of the year?