BY GIRL SCOUTS OF AMERICA #6 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Did you know the Girl Scouts has a program where you can ...96 Answers
  • Does anyone donate to the girl scouts or just buy cookies?8 Answers
  • Were you a Girl Scout?6 Answers
Girl Scouts of the USA
  • "I was a girl scout as a young girl and now my daughter has followed in my footsteps and she has been a girl scout for 3 years!" in 217 reviews
  • "The very best girl scout cookie is the Soma, and then the thin mint...just a little disappointed that the price went up ...harder to buy as many!" in 108 reviews
  • "Girl Scouts is a great organization which provides strong female role models for young girls and assists them in acquiring many necessary traits." in 92 reviews
  • "This is a great way to educate girls to become good women that will be able to serve their community and better their society." in 63 reviews
  • "Very good program for girls gives them a lot of life skills and sense of responsability I think every girl should take the chance to be a girl scout and who don't love those cookies" in 59 reviews
Amy G.
Manasquan, NJ
The girl scouts are an awesome charity to donate to! As a young girl, I was actually a girl scout and worked so hard to help my troop. It’s really a good foundation to support and donate to, because it gets so many positive young girls involved and really helps them create a good path in life, learning to be involved with the community and to help others. I remember we had so many different things and functions, all because of donations. It is an amazing foundation
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
I was in Girl Scouts when I was a child and loved it! I learned how to do so many things and learned skills that actually were helpful in everyday life. I was excited when my daughter was finally old enough to join Girl Scouts because I just knew she would love it to. Unfortunately it’s just not what it used to be. Like most everything else in the world they have taken all the fun out of it and turned it into an all about money thing.
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham, PA
The Girl Scouts of America is a great little club for young girls. You learn so much and get to go to so many different places I know this because I was one and just about every girl in my family once was. We did all types of things and went on a bunch of fun and educational trips. I think it’s a great experience for all young girls to try. It helps them to make new friends and get out of their comfort zone! Parents and guardians definitely should sign there girls up!
Amanda R.
Gfafb, ND
I love Girl Scouts and was one myself. I marked it down because I feel they have gotten away from what they stand for and aren’t as empowering as they were years ago. Today I see and hear the girls only selling cookies vs we attended conferences, camped, and they focused on growing strong independent women. Would like to see the org and troops get back to their foundation
Jennifer M.
Annapolis, MO
When I was younger I wa sin girl scouts I actually loved it! Girl scouts now says is different and almost gone in schools and I hate that! The school my childrens attend dont have girl scouts and it stinks, how could I go about trying to get girl scouts for my area? I love it and the things they help teach kids are amazing! And I love buying girl scouts cookies!
Tricia C.
Tracy, CA
I have always bought cookies from Girl Scouts. They’re cookies are very delicious. I try to stay away from sweets, but I still always buy them to help support them. My kids love the cookies. Our favorite is the caramel delites. Anytime I see a Girl Scout in front of my grocery store I’m always adamant to buy from them because girl scouts motto helps the girls of today become the women leaders of tomorrow and this is what we need. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Bethany L.
Lexington, SC
I love the Girl Scouts of the USA organization and everything that they stand for. And as a well known perk their cookies are amazing. I have always been aware or affiliated with the Girl Scouts, and as a young girl I attended their program and camp, which was loads of fun! If you have a daughter and you'd like to help open up her social skills and networking, confidence and teach her lessons worth knowing in life, I recommend enrolling them in a local chapter.
Hope D.
The cookies are amazing and as far as I can tell, the organization is still thriving in making strong young women. I can only hope that it hasn’t turned into a bunch of suburban spandex wearing moms playing high school politics. I don’t have children so I don’t participate in that aspect of the organization but I do buy at least a box of cookies each season and always encourage the little girls I see out selling them.
Marie N.
Newport, RI
I am a Girl Scout and I’m so proud of being a Girl Scout. I’ve been introduced to so many different people and opportunities. I haven’t been able to do any camping but we’ve always been taught about safety and given opportunities to research about College and different exciting careers!
Amanda B.
I hate to rate it this way, but when I was in it, it was awful. I hated it. I only spent a very little time in it because on how it was when I was in it. Selling the cookies was a huge competition and everybody made fun of everyone. I didn't think that's what girl scout is about.
JoAnna C.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
Whats your favorite cookie?!
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who was a girl scout/knows someone who is/was?
Elizabeth W.
Riverside, CA
Did you know the Girl Scouts has a program where you can donate a box of cookies to send to troops overseas?!
Pearl H.
Are the cookies sold a certain time of the year?
Victoria M.
Mt Pleasant, WI
If you could only eat one kind which would you choose