Add a Photo

Photos (48)
Cathy Z.
Cathy Z.
Lansing, IL
I love Girl Scouts! I was a girl Girl Scout when I was younger, but just for 2 yrs. My mom had issues with the leader. When I finally had a daughter, I said she was going to be in it. That lasted 2 yrs, until I started my own troop! I live voulenteering for GS. I have been involved now for 15 yrs. I still have a troop even though my daughter is almost finished with college. She is now an adult GS herself. Half if my troop has special needs or emotional problems, I know I'm making a difference in their lives. I along hold many other positions as a recruiter, involved with the service unit and at council and national level, a delegate. My troop does things our of the box mentality. We travel!!!! Not many troops go the extra distance to go outside the neighborhood , we go our if state. We have traveled through 10 states! Selling cookies is hard work, let that hard work be rewarded. This experience is rewarding in many ways. I plan on doing this for a long time.
LeiLani V.
LeiLani V.
Phoenix, AZ
I gave this three stars because I believe girl scouts is get and all if you have a good troop. I had a bad experience with my troop. My troop leader wasn't the greatest we didn't do much expect gossip during meetings. All the badges I earned was earned by me doing stuff with my grandma and etc. All on my own. I eventually quit because she blamed me and started yelling at me for not selling a box of cookies. Really she never got to hear what I said and only talked to one girl. Honestly all the parents got mind my mom was yelling because she had no right to yell and scream at me the way she did. I was one of the beat sellers. So honestly if anything find a good troop and don't join/find a troop that won't do anything it not worth it. My grandma was a GS leader and was a good one everyone loved her reason she tried to get me to join. I was excited till I realized I learned more on my own then with the group.
Jody J.
Jody J.
Lanesville, IN
We are absolutely a Girl Scout family. My mother was Troop Leader back when I was a Brownie and a Junior, and now she's Co-Leader for my little sister's group. The higher-ups in the system (for the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana, at least) are not the best people and are mostly in it for the money. They hold personal grudges and often treat some groups unfairly. However, that doesn't stop us from having a great time in our troop. The girls are taught so many valuable life skills that aren't taught in school. And some troops get to do amazing things with a passionate enough leader (we just went to Costa Rica after spending a year and a half fundraising and are planning a trip to Europe next summer). I couldn't speak highly enough of Girl Scouts. If you want your daughters or granddaughters or sisters to live happy, healthy, independent loves, Girl Scouts is a wonderful choice.
Allyson B.
Allyson B.
Charleston, SC
I was a Girl Scout for seven years and it was probably the best seven years of my life. I absolutely loved cookie season and spending all weekend every weekend just selling cookies, but I loved going to camp even more. I would go for two weeks during the summer and do nothing but ride horses. But there's so much more to being a GS than selling cookies and going to camp. I met so many people and made a ton of friends. Earning new badges was pretty exciting too. Personally, the best part of being a GS was learning a ton of new things and being able to be apart of a community with so many girls who aspire to do different things in life. My troop was big on volunteering and helping out people in need and I have definitely carried that on in my life even after quitting scouts. My biggest mistake was deciding to quit going to scouts.
Allie W.
Allie W.
I was a daisy scout when I was little and made it all the way through to an adult Girl Scout (as I am now). My mom became a leader when we moved and they didn't have enough troops for me and I thank her for it! It was an amazing bonding experience for us and I've met so many lifelong friends through the troop. Now, I'm an old adult Girl Scout, but I would never give up my younger Girl Scout memories. I learned so much and a lot of it is applicable to real life situations. Finances, personal skills, general knowledge, and of course, cookies! I loved girl scouting and I still love it and I will forever love it!
On my honor, I will try!
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Santa Maria, CA
I am a lifetime member of Girl Scouts USA. As a girl scout, I learned valuable skills that have helped me a successful adult and shift supervisor. I learned the importance of time management, communication, value of products, team work and leadership skills. I actively volunteer with a junior girl scout troop and I love watching them learn and grow. I also learned value outdoor skills( firebuilding, putting up a tent, knots and survival skills) and home making skills (meal planning, cleaning, accounting/budgeting, sewing and mending & cooking) It's more than selling cookies! It's where girls grow strong!
Jenna F.
Jenna F.
My mother is a lifetime member and has been the girl account consultant for my home town for 10 years. She runs the square dance a major event for the town and works with troops as well.
This year I became a life time member. While I did not do Girl Scouts my entire young career I believe they are an integral part of helping to raise young girls to be proud, independent and beautiful. They support planned parenthood - giving women the Access to health care. They support lgbtq rights and are inclusive for all.
They work with inner city organizations and uplift little girls.
Erica R.
Erica R.
I was a Girl Scout for many years and now my daughter is enjoying the Scouts as well. Many of the troops in our area raise money not only for Girl Scouts programs (mostly through cookie sales), but also for local charitable organizations, as well as volunteering. When girls pool their time and energy, there's no limit to what they can do. In our neighborhood, popular places to help are animal shelters, young children in need (school supplies, baby bundles, library books), food banks, and the US troops. We contribute both time and money to these efforts.
Vanessa V.
Vanessa V.
Portland, OR
Jan. 8, 2017, 8:11 p.m.
Review for: Girl Scouts of the USA
I was a girl scout when I was a kid. It was fun, I remember there was lots of games and sold cookies, and generally over all a great fun. There was a sense that we really had to push those cookies though, but hey, girl scout cookies are the best. I didn't really learn anything like my brothers had learned in boy scouts, but was a positive environment for a little girl at the time and you can never really have enough of those. I had to quit because of my family situation, and I don't really miss it, but it was a good experience.
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
I am an avid volunteer with the girl scouts. My daughter and her friends love their time tog eery her, the adventures, the community service and the fun trips we take. It really helps young girls to set goals in life. We live in VA and participated in a NY trip for the girls. They worked so hard and achieved their goals through fundraising events to earn the money to go. It really showed them how to work and save. If you ever get a chance then you should go to Girl Scout headquarters in NY. Everyone there is really nice.
JoAnna C.
JoAnna C.
Good Samaritan Expert
Whats your favorite cookie?!
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who was a girl scout/knows someone who is/was?
Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Riverside, CA
Did you know the Girl Scouts has a program where you can donate a box of cookies to send to troops overseas?!
Victoria M.
Victoria M.
Mt Pleasant, WI
If you could only eat one kind which would you choose
Pearl H.
Pearl H.
Glendale, NY
Are the cookies sold a certain time of the year?