23 colors available

BY GIORGIO ARMANI #44 in Liquid Foundation

A lightweight liquid foundation that achieves a radiant, silky finish. This award-winning foundation is formulated with micro-fil technology, producing a low-density product that pairs high-impact pigments with weightless texture. Inspired by the silk shantung worn by kings and emperors, this foundation glides seamlessly onto the skin leaving a finish that's reminiscent of charmeuse silk. "These products are directly inspired by the way I choose fabrics for my collections. They allow the natural glow of the skin to come through no matter how many layers you apply." Giorgio Armani, Fashion Designer "Quite simply, the best foundation there is." Linda Cantello, International Makeup Artist

• Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation What's it's good this found...2 Answers
  • Is this good on dry skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kieu H.
Kieu H.
This bottle comes in 1 fl ounce at $64 at Sephora. It claims to make your skin look silky and smooth. The foundation also offers a meager spf of 20. Although it is low, it is better than none.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation. It is easy to blend and it has medium to full coverage. There is an initial white caste because of the spf but it does go away. I absolutely love the finish because it makes me look like a k-pop star with dewy and radiant skin. My favorite aspect is that it is very lightweight and not heavy on my skin and face.

A minor con is that It's not very long-wearing because it was easily rubbed off when I blew my nose. However, it did stay on the rest of my face. I like how there is an expiration date on the bottom.

I highly recommend this foundation IF you have the money to splurge but I would not recommend it if you have oily skin. I hope this review was helpful!
Anna D.
Anna D.
Tinley Park, IL
So I have been using this for over a year and we have a love/hate relationship. I love it because when applied correctly, you will get an amazing finish. The name luminous silk actually means something because it leaves you luminously dewy and your skin feeling AMAZING, like silk. Decent coverage, not cakey if you don't need to build it up. My only issue is this... One of my favorite beauty bloggers once said that this makes your skin look amazing but only for like 2 hours... It's true because after 2 hours the product starts to break apart around the nose area. I actually have to use a separate foundation on my nose to get the best results when using this product! But truth be told, I've been repurchasing it repeatedly because those two hours of looking amazing are pretty amazing... for $62 per bottle, I just wish it was longer lasting amazing!
Dani C.
Dani C.
Acworth, GA
YOU GUYS. It took me so long to splurge on this foundation. So long. After months of continuously dreaming about this foundation, I actually bought it. Lets back track here... I have normal skin, in the summer heat it will definitely get a little oily in my t-zone. I have this in a 5.25 and I'm yellow undertone and medium light color. This foundation gives my skin medium coverage. It is by no mean a full coverage foundation. But every time I wear it my foundation looks FLAWLESS. Seriously, no matter what this base truly makes everything look amazing on top. It gives your skin an amazing glow without being overly dewy and it looks so natural. I would say it's an amazing everyday and going out foundation but I definitely don't use it every day because of the price tag. And let me tell you when I run out I will definitely be getting a new one!
Becca C.
Becca C.
Mooresville, NC
This is for sure a pricey product but if you are willing to spend the money it is so worth it! I have crazy skin, it is dry and damaged from eczema and has a lot of scarring and somehow this miracle foundation does wonders to cover it without irritating my skin. I used other products while my skin was having issues, thinking I needed a more natural product but boy was I wrong as soon as I switched back to this I realized it is my holy grail foundation! Also the color range is incredible and I find that shade 3 is my perfect match because it has more yellow in it which is what I need! Also if you pair this with the Luminous Silk Foundation Powder the combination is flawless perfection, no joke! The two together are about $120 eek but if you are willing to spend money on it I say you can't go wrong!
Maria L.
Maria L.
Jacksonville, FL
I LOVE LOVE this foundation, I recently got a sample of this at Nordstrom and I fell in love. I can see what the hype is all about. This foundation gives you a beautiful glow that just makes you look so good! It has medium to high build-able coverage. I like to use this in combination with my IT cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer then bake with a beauty blender, it gives you a FLAWLESS finish. I honestly just use my beauty blender to apply it and it looks amazing. The only down side to this product is that if you have oily skin this could possibly be too luminous for you. I recommend you grab a sample before throwing it out the door though because it's amazing. Will purchase soon!
Gigie M.
Gigie M.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is definitely my go to foundation! The formula is creamy, light, and most importantly, buildable. What I like most about this, it has the most beautiful dewy finish you can ever imagine. It's the most versatile foundation I own, meaning I can use it during the daytime and mix it with beauty oil on a good-skin day, or go for a more full-coverage finish with foundation brush.
There's a reason you'll find it in every makeup artist's kit (Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen are also some of their biggest fan), and why many a beauty editor will tell you it's her holy grail foundation.
Emily A.
Emily A.
Best foundation I've ever used. After being wary of the price and not purchasing it for that reason, I'm so happy I bought it and wish I would have sooner. It's lightweight and almost moisturizing feeling, which is great on my dry/dehydrated skin. It has buildable medium coverage, but can be sheered out as well and doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. It doesn't emphasize dry patches so it's great for fall/winter, but since it's so lightweight and holds up well to heat and perspiration, it's great for spring/summer as well, so I have this in three shades so I can wear it all year round.
Gigi P.
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
Review for: Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
I was so skeptical on purchasing this foundation, it is so hyped up on YouTube. I have heard very good and negative reviews. I've never ordered foundation online and in my state you can't find it in stores. But OMG this foundation is amazing. This is the ONLY foundation I have ever tried that doesn't emphasize my dry patches or any lines, and I have tried SO many high and low foundations. If you use a beauty blender it will be absolutely sheer to light coverage but I like using this with a flat top kabuki and just stipple the foundation and with 2 layers I can get a full coverage.
Molly P.
Molly P.
Thompson, ND
Everyone raved and raved about this foundation so I saved up and got it. It never settled on my skin! I tried a brush, a beauty blender, and my hands to get this to give me anything. All it did was slide around on my skin and never really bond to the skin at all. I never had a good makeup day with this foundation, it was always just bad looking. Creased, pilled, moved, and transferred everywhere. I used different setting powders (even Armani silk powders) and nothing. I gave it an honest try for about a month before it went right back to Sephora.
Shakeela P.
Shakeela P.
Versailles, KY
I have gone through so many foundations through the years and I became so tired of not being able to find one that I loved UNTIL I found this one ! I was so impressed by how light-weight it is, the buildable coverage, the flawless effect it gives the skin etc. I have normal/dry skin and this saved my entire makeup routine. I am sad that the price tag is so hefty but I truly believe this is the only foundation that has provided all the things I have looked for in a foundation.Definitely recommend !! It gives flawless results , I'm in love !
Krista F.
Krista F.
Lynchburg, VA
Is this really worth the hype?
Julianna J.
Julianna J.
Is this a full cover foundation? I have very clear skin and although I don't technically need something full coverage, it would be great to get one color for a face match
Kashia R.
Kashia R.
Edson
I have really dry skin and I haven't been able to find a good foundation for my skin. Is this good for dry skin?
Theresa B.
Theresa B.
I've been looking for a new foundation that is medium to full coverage but doesn't look cakey. I was wondering if this is any good? My skin is typically normal but very dry around my nose during the winter.
jullie b.
jullie b.
Sterlington, LA
Any thoughts? Is it worth it?