Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY GIORGIO ARMANI

Reveal your inner light. Inspired by charmeuse silk, "The Fabric of Emperors," this luminous foundation glides on weightlessly for a flawless lit-from-within glow. 30ml format.
Using exclusive Micro–fil™ technology to sculpt and brighten, this buildable, medium coverage foundation improves texture and blurs imperfections. Comes in 30 shades to match every unique skin tone.
How to apply:Use the blender brush for a radiant, air-brushed finish.
We're Honored: InStyle Best Beauty Buy award-winner for "Best Liquid Foundation" for the 13th Year in a Row!

How To Apply:

Makeup artist favorite foundation. Use the blender brush to apply. Add more layers for buildable coverage.

Backstage tip:
Mix with Fluid Sheer for a quick application and all over glow.

• Let's help eachothers get likable badges! Like this post ...8 Answers
  • How does this work on someone with an oily tzone?1 Answers
  • Does this product work well with oily skin?2 Answers
Robert R.
Fishkill, NY
THIS FOUNDATION OML 😻. Ok so recently I’ve been getting a lot better with my face makeup and I wanted to switch it up a bit with my foundation. I’ve heard so many things about the Giorgio Armani foundation but I was always too afraid of the price but one day I just went for it and omg I’m so glad I did. The was it applies is so smooth and hydrating but it also has a nice amount of coverag. My favorite part about it is that it doesn’t crease on my fine lines which is my biggest pet peeve. So for anyone who has a passion for makeup or wants a foundation that literally looks like absolute perfect skin this is a must!
Vanessa A.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Absolutely fell in love with this foundation! For the longest time I held back from purchasing it because of the price, but I finally gave in and gave it and shot and was beyond impressed! The coverage for me is medium to full-it’s buildable. But beyond that my skins complexion is just wow. Seriously it does what it says, gives you that luminous glow! This is my favorite foundation by far now. I’m so happy I purchased it. It’s easy to blend, super long lasting and just gorgeous. I have dry skin too, so that makes all the difference! Highly recommend!
Breanna H.
After hearing about the hype for years, I finally got a sample of this. This truly is a beautiful foundation. It applies and blends out so easily and has a great amount of coverage. The thing I love most about this foundation is how natural it looks.. you don’t even look like you’re wearing foundation! It just makes your skin look like yours, but better. My only issue with this foundation is that it’s not super long lasting on me. And the price. This is definitely a splurge item.. but I would totally buy it for a special occasion :)
jennifer t.
Houston, tx
Purchased at: Sephora
Like butter! I have combination skin and I have yet to find a liquid foundation to accommodate it at the same time, all the time. This product goes on so smooth and flawlessly that you can basically put it on in the dark, with only 2 fingers, while in traffic, with a broken mirror...STILL flawless! It is like applying a second skin, only better. I like light to medium coverage and this product nails it! If you like full coverage this is probably not the product for you. Highly recommended.
Carly M.
New York
Purchased at: Sephora
For the longest time this was my holy grail foundation. I loved the shade range and the finish and just how healthy my skin looked. After a while though I started to feel like it was making my skin look too greasy, and was oxidizing really quickly. When you spend over $60 on foundation you want to make sure it’s really perfect, and it used to be, but I think something changed in this formula. I loved it so so much though that I would be willing to give it another try.
Y T.
Gilbert
Review for: 6 Medium Warm, Standard - 30ml more...
One of the best foundations that I have. I prefer the natural skin look. I have acne-prone skin with discoloration, so I always have to cover up with a cream concealer. With so much concealer, your skin can end up looking cakey, so any foundation that makes my skin looks natural, I'm all in.

I look for foundations that have 1) natural looking finish, 2) enough coverage or buildable so it doesn't take me too long to conceal my dark spots afterwards, and 3) matches my skin color.

1) The Armani Luminous silk looks very natural on. It doesn't cling to my dry patches as much as other foundations do. It doesn't exaggerate any bumps either. The pigment is very fine so you don't see "mini foundation beads" on your skin. Definitely love the texture!

2)  I do have many discolorations on my skin due to breakout. These are usually on the side of my cheeks. When I first tested this, I was afraid that it would be too thin of a coverage for my need. To my surprise, the coverage is very  decent. The foundation is thin, but buildable, so I apply a thin layer first to give the nice area of my skin that natural-skin look. Then as it dries, I apply another thin layer onto places where I need more coverage. I was amazed at how much of the dark spots it covered. All that was left is to spot-conceal the spots and then whoala! flawless skin!

3) I have olive skin. Most foundations in the U.S are too pink for me, or too yellow. Many times, I end up leaving the house with my face being a different color from my neck (I thought they matched under bathroom light). Shade #6 is very olive. Though it doesn't match my skin perfectly, it's still the best match out of all the foundations I've tried.
Jaclyn M.
Allentown, PA
Review for: 4.5 Light Neutral, Standard - 30ml more...
I wanted to hate this, and I wanted to love it as well. The price is gasp-inducingly high, but if it ended up being a holy grail foundation, I was willing to pay the money. However, after I had a sample made at Neiman Marcus, all I can say is "meh". With the primer the lady applied at the counter, my face looked absolutely stunning. However, if your foundation is over sixty dollars and can't look amazing without a primer, it's not a great foundation! On subsequent days of use, I never could get the foundation quite right. I tried it with a brush and either didn't get enough on my face or I got too much on, but it never was even across my face no matter how much I blended. The foundation also separated majorly on my forehead, around my nose, and especially on my chin. I actually had white pores and foundation-colored pores in patches throughout the day. I only got one other day of beautiful skin with the foundation, and I'm not sure what I did to make it look so good that day.

This product seems overrated to me. Definitely not worth that kind of money for my skin type, but maybe it works beautifully on others.
jenn h.
White Plains, NY
Review for: 5.25 Medium Rosy, Standard - 30ml more...
First of all the 60$ price tag on this foundation is pretty high, lucky I was able to get a sample from my friend. I usually wear Makeup Forever HD for my oily to combinational skin. When trying this product out I really enjoyed the scent, this didn't have a chemical scent like most foundation. I like that it doesn't dry Matte and has a nice natural luminous finish. I definitely recommend wearing a primer, without it the product settles in the pores and fine lines. Also for oily skin like my self may course more oilyness , so definitely wear a really good primer for a better outcome. This foundation is thin, but still buildable. When I applied the first later I let it dry and apply a second layer where I wanted more coverage. if your looking to wear something that isn't heavy on the face and has a natural finish this is definitely your go-to if you're willing to splurge. Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation
Jessica D.
I wear the shade 11. This is a very nice lightweight sheer coverage foundation. For the days that I just want to touch up my complexion or am wearing very minimal makeup in general this is the foundation I reach for. I definitely think they could expand the shade range though. 11 is a good depth for me but I need something with golden undertones for it to be perfect.
Bobo T.
Westminster, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
I don’t have a smooth, normal skin type so it’s not so easy to find the right foundation. But this is definitely the best foundation i’ve ever used although i’ve spent a fortune on other high-end’s products. Even the makeup artist for my wedding said so. I’ve never had an issue with it all caked up because this product is incredibly lightweight but very buildable.
Krista F.
Charlotte, NC
Is this really worth the hype?
Julianna J.
Is this a full cover foundation? I have very clear skin and although I don't technically need something full coverage, it would be great to get one color for a face match
Kashia R.
Edson
I have really dry skin and I haven't been able to find a good foundation for my skin. Is this good for dry skin?
Theresa B.
I've been looking for a new foundation that is medium to full coverage but doesn't look cakey. I was wondering if this is any good? My skin is typically normal but very dry around my nose during the winter.
jullie b.
Sterlington, LA
Any thoughts? Is it worth it?

Sephora