BY GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY #19 in Lip Stain

18 High-pigment shades. Luminous matte finish.

Giorgio Armani’s Lip Maestro is a cult classic liquid lip with a velvety cream texture and a radiant finish.

• I want to know if this is a long lasting lipstick?1 Answers
  • How long does this typically last for you?1 Answers
  • Does this dry your lips out? I REALLY REALLY want to try it but d...3 Answers
Rowena C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was already familiar with Lip Maestro since I currently have one in my rotation of lip products. This is liquid type lip color with a doe foot applicator and it is unscented which is both rare and welcome. The color itself is opaque and applies very smoothly and evenly. Just one coat gives full coverage. Lip Maestro has a matte finish that looks radiant rather than flat which is what I think sets it apart from other lip products. It really has an incredibly lightweight texture for a lip color with such excellent coverage and pigmentation. Lip Maestro truly has the feel of a luxury lip product.

Lip Maestro is comfortable to wear because it stays creamy and keeps your lips hydrated while you have it on. I'd say you can get about 4 hours of wear without any type of degradation. I haven't had any issues with feathering. Even though it is billed as long wearing, this lip product does and will transfer onto your cups, tissues or whatnot. But it will leave behind a less intense stain on your lips that is actually quite long wearing. With bold shades like these two, I actually prefer to apply the product and then blot it down with a tissue to tone down the intensity.

Full on bright reds aren't really my thing so I'm not that crazy about 400. It is a true red that really pops and if you have full lips and don't like to draw attention to them like me, it's the kind of color that you tend to avoid. I do like a good burgundy and 201 is a really good one. The shade has great depth and even though it looks a tad brown in the tube, it actually wears as more of a wine color and has a blue undertone. I wore out it to dinner with friends over the weekend and got a bunch of compliments. I definitely like it for evenings out and I look forward to wearing this lip color during the holiday season. For everyday wear, I'm sticking with 200 Terra which is a really flattering reddish brown shade.

I received two Lip Maestro in shades 400 and 201 for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Laura L.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Dark Velvet
These are gorgeous highly pigmented colors! The 201 is more of a burgundy red and was just the shade I was looking for to wear in Autumn. I have very pale colored skin and this shade looked stunning. In the past, I have had a hard time finding reds that matched my skin tone, but this worked perfectly.

The wand makes it easy to apply. I used a red lip liner around the very edges to help with application. Because the product guides on so easily, it can also be easy to color outside the lines. That being said, it's also easy to clean up with a q-tip and a little concealer when you mess up.

My only complaint would be that the color does indeed come off. It is a lip gloss after all, so that is to be expected. It did come off on my glasses while drinking and needed to be reapplied. I didn't have a problem with getting it on my clothes as some reviewers remarked. As long as you don't touch your face, you probably won't mess up your makeup!

Lip Maestro was easy to apply and made me feel confident and beautiful! It was moisturizing and silky after a few hours which is no small feat in the dryness that is Los Angeles.

I received these Giorgio Armani products for free in exchange for my honest, unbiased review.
Kimberly B.
I'm so in love with these lipsticks. I wasn't familiar with these lipsticks, so I was extremely excited to try them in exchange for my review. The packaging is gorgeous and looks sleek. The lipstick itself was very easy to apply and gave an amazing amount of coverage. It was smooth and very creamy. It literally felt like luxury on my lips. A little definitely goes a long way. I wore this on a night out, had food + drinks and while it does come off, it still has some amazing lasting power.

I was so in love with it, that I designed my entire Halloween costume around it. See the image attached. I used it on my lips as well as created some vampire bites on my neck. The color I am using is 201.

I received the colors 400, which is a true blue red and 201 which is more of a burgundy red and perfect for fall + the holidays. I'm a woman of color [MAC Color NC44] so it was very flattering on my skin tone.

I would definitely suggest wearing these for special occasions or nights out. I would definitely repurchase these to use for special occasions
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had to splurge on this beauty product. This is one of my favorite holiday products. I bought the Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Maestro during the Sephora VIB 20% sale a few weeks ago. I had this on my Christmas wishlist since the Co-founder and President of Influenster Elizabeth Scherle had this as one of her favorite splurge-worthy lip stain in the monthly faves video in November, I think. Thanks to Elizabeth and the Influenster community I am able to discover even more beauty products. Anyway, I put this in my cart at Sephora until it was time for the VIB 20% sale. I'm so glad that I wasable to order it. I love it so much. The color I bought is the red blood in 414. I love red so much. It is my favorite color. I love how it feels on my lips. It is very pigmented. It isn't sticky. I love this a lot. I will be wearing this on Christmas Day and other special occasions. This has move to the top of my favorite lip products. #FavoriteHolidayProducts
Sirena L.
Union City, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am more of a liquid lipstick that dries matte girl myself but I don't mind these at all. I have shades 201 and 400 which are both in the red family but will be purchasing a nude shade to see how the nude color payoff is. PERFECT SHADES FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

This is a lipgloss and lip stain so it does transfer and comes off if you touch your lips. It has a gloss/matte look to it - it's hard to describe but it's beautiful on! The applicator is easy to work with and product glides on your lips!

I wore it the whole day and it was super mositurizing, the only thing is that it does bleed into your lines around your lips so I recommend putting a lip liner on or always checking yourself and reapplying.

I got a lot of compliments from coworkers and my students! I would definitely recommend and buy different shades.

I received this product in shade 201 and 400 free in exchange for my honest, unbiased review.
Vanessa C.
Bronx, NY
Review for: The Red
This lip stain is stupendous. I actually own two of The Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Maestro's Lip Stains in the shades 400 and 201. I've been raving to all my friends on how spectacular they are. It smoothly glides on the lips when applied. It has a velvety soft texture. It feels so light weight on my lips. I feel like I have nothing on my lips. It does have a matte finish but it's not drying on my lips. It feels very moisturizing and creamy. The color payoff is incredible. The color appears very rich and has a sheer radiance to it. The shade 400 is a very vibrant red tone while the shade 201 is more of a deeper darker red tone. Both shades would compliment any skin tone perfectly. If you're searching for style and sophistication in a lip stain, look no further, Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Maestro should be your first choice.
Genifer A.
Woodbridge , VA
I received two shades(201 and 400) from influenster for reviewing purposes. I love this lipstick. I am a huge fan of dry, matte lipsticks so I didn't except to love this. It's so creamy and mousy and velvety I fell in love at first swatch. The pigmentation is so intense , a little goes a long way. You can sheer it out or intensify the color or mix two colors for an ombré effect (which I did and they layer beautifully). It wore comfortably all day and my lips stayed hydrated the entire time. There was no dry patches and breaking up of the lipstick on my lips. Although it feels creamy it looks matte which is awesome. The only draw back to this is that it transfers. But I still gave 5 stars because although it did transfer I wore this all day, ate and drank and it stayed put.
I purchased the lip maestro is 400 which is their classic red. I purchased this in anticipation of following up with purchase of ecstasy lacquer and newly released lip magnet.
Pros:
- Beautiful well saturated color pigmentation that does make your lips look fuller
- Very smooth and light even layer
Cons:
- Formula was super drying and clung to my lips.
- Stains everywhere when you try to remove

It was a very very beautiful color that gave my lips a velvety feel but I really felt like it was clinging onto my lips for dear life and sucking all the moisture out of my lips. After 2-3 hours I felt uncomfortable wearing it. So in conclusion, wears and makes you suffer like 5 inch heels do. Disappointed considering the hype and price for product
Joley W.
Chevy Chase , MD
Review for: The Red
I discovered this lip stain by receiving a free deluxe sample from Sephora. The formula is unlike any other lip stain I've seen. I have a lip stains from stila, Sephora brand, too faced, Kat Von D, etc. The formula is so creamy, but also does not budge. I would advise on putting on lip balm and then lining your lips before applying. Also helpful to keep the lip balm on hand to smooth out the color throughout the day. This red is to die for and is definitely my favorite. I'm wearing this color in my profile picture, and wore it to my bachelorette party & wedding reception this summer. A little goes a long way, which is nice considering the price tag. Can't wait for the next Sephora sale, so I can add a few more colors to my collection.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Review for: The Red
I got to try a sample of this lip baby at Macy's. It felt so soft, so velvety, so luxurious, and the color red was to die for. I shopped through the mall while drinking a lemonade, eating lunch, and by the time i left the mall, the lipstick was still on. wow. This lippy is very expensive, but well worth it. I couldn't afford to buy one at the time, but the sample made me fall in love. My only complaint is the price. I wish it wasn't so expensive so all women could experience the armani lipstick. Alot of women are on budgets and cant splurge on a 40$ lipstick. You pay for quality, i understand, but its not our fault we cant afford it.
Bre'onna G.
Is this for volume or length?
carmen p.
medley, florida
Price?
Cesia M.
Sabinas Hidalgo, NL
Would you recommend this product? It looks cute in the picture
Irma Z.
Are these long lasting and worth the price?
Kristen L.
Louisville, KY
Does this dry your lips out? I REALLY REALLY want to try it but don't know if it's a good idea because I've never used one and not sure if it would make my lips dey or if it stays in place all day?