BY GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY

Liquid foundation with light buildable coverage and a mousse to powder matte finish.

Face Fabric blurs pores and imperfections with a natural matte finish. At first touch, the formula is a soft mousse, but as the foundation spreads across the skin it melts into a powder. Face Fabric has a second skin fit due to its 3D stretch tehnology which allows the formula to move with your skin leaving the complexion retexturized and smooth.

• Are the claims true. Also is it really buildable?I bought...2 Answers
  • What’s your shade?4 Answers
  • Hey ladies, have anybody ever tried this amazing product?...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Rachel T.
Columbus , OH
Review for: 1 - Fair With Warm Undertone more...
I was sent this to try out through Influenster, and I was so excited. When I first received the product, I will not lie I was skeptical. It went on like a primer does. I tried it on the back of my hand immediately to see how it felt and it was WEIRD. You know how you put a primer on and it’s smooth and then, kinda melts I guess? That’s how this feels. And that comes down to the “wet to powder” formula of this. So I Suppose i started my review process skeptical but I’ve since worn it twice so far (I don’t go out a lot). The website says to apply with finger tips - I do not suggest this. I tried to do so the first time I wore it, and hated the coverage. It’s a light coverage to be sure anyways, but fingertips are not meant to apply makeup. The second time I wore it I used a brush (see attached photo) and it worked out much better. It left me with a really pretty complexion and even with the lighter coverage it still concealed my red bumps well. I will note that I used a liquid concealer and the “powder” finish of the makeup did not make it crease (I don’t know if that’s my baking or that the foundation is just okay to use w other liquids over top). And then I use powders to contour, and I thought they all blended and worked together nicely. No different than my other foundations. Overall, I liked this a lot and think it’s an excellent foundation if you like something lighter. Great for summer. (Also I went out dancing the second time I wore it and didn’t feel like my face was melting off). The ONLY drawback is price point for amount of product. I did find myself needing a little more product than I needed for more liquid-y foundations.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
Review for: 4 - Medium With Warm Undertone more...
I was so excited when I found out that I was going to be receiving this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes! Who doesn't love trying out high end/luxury product- or any product for that matter! When I got this in the mail, I immediately swatched it on the back of my hand to get a feel for the texture, it has a really nice mousse texture when you first squeeze some product out and it dries with a matter-powdery finish (exactly as it claims).

When I first went to apply this product to my face, I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to hate it. That being said, I was looking super close at my face and all I could see was the powdery finish coming along. That being said, when I pulled the mirror back and looked at it from a normal view it looked a lot better. All of my other products applied so smoothly overtop of this product and I was feeling really happy with how it was looking. But then, I did the final touch of adding my facial mist and my skin looked BEAUTIFUL! I think that's really the key is to set your skin with a mist or setting spray so that all the powder can melt into your skin.

Actually, this product just kept looking better and better as the day went on and my natural oils started to come through. I was able to blot with no problem, makeup stayed in place.

Final thoughts to the point: If you're a full coverage only kind of person, I would pass. If you like a more fresh/natural look frequently or from time to time- this is a great product. If you have dry skin- moisturize well before applying. Wears well through the day- doesn't come off when blotting. If you're interested, I would check it out. Not to say there aren't dupes at the drugstore but still, this is nice!
Justina A.
Corona, CA
GREAT FOR HOT SUMMER DAYS This is not my first Giorgio Armani foundation but first for this kind. I heard amazing things about it so when I got wind it was making its come back I was excited to get my hands on it. I am a 2Y07 but I found my matches to be a little too dark sometimes. I wear NC35 and 80% of the time it's a perfect match as I do not tan my face at all. Anyways I got 3.5 and when I got it I was certain it would not work for me as it was super dark. But much to my amazement it worked perfect! This foundation is so amazingly light and is pretty light on coverage but you can build it up to a med light. I didn't do that because I felt like this was best for the days I wanted less makeup. When you first squeeze it out it's pretty unique as it felt like mousse or whipped foam but once you blend it in it turns into a powder finish. It does have a little bit of a scent but isn't real strong and smells nice. I tried it with a primer and then without and prefer it with. Since I wore it on super hot days I needed it to stay and it did for about 8 hours. I set it with my setting powder and it complimented it well. My skin liked it as it did not clog my pores or break me out. But if you have a bunch of blemishes (I do 1 week a mo) it didn't hide them very well and using a concealer with this didn't work out too well, it looked cakey and dry I ended up just taking it off and not using the concealer. I found that using my artis brush to apply it worked best for me and made it look airbrushed. I did try a blender sponge and it was ehhhh sucked up too much product and a duo fiber foundation brush and that was the worst one. it made it look super splotchy. Overall I am impressed. I will be keeping this for the days when my skin is clear and needs a break from my heavy full coverage makeup days. Only thing I wish it did have was SPF protection. I received this product complimentary to review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Review for: 2 - Light With Neutral Undertone more...
I recieved the Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation in the shade number 2 which is light with neutral undertones and it matched my skin perfectly! Which is a task in itself, as most shades either look to orange or yellow on me. So for starters I was pleasantly surprised with the shade! It is a liquid foundation which comes in a squeezable tube. Which is nice due to the fact that you can control how much product you are going to use. It has light buildable coverage that starts out as a mousse and then gives you a powder matte finish. It really blurs your pores and imperfections giving you a flawless silky canvas. The buildable coverage allows you to cover your biggest imperfections. I am thoroughly impressed with this foundation and I will be purchasing it again. It is perfect for summer, as it is not heavy. I received this foundation complimentary from influenster to test and give my honest review. As well a great pro tip is to apply this foundation with your fingers and then gently smooth and blend it out with a beauty sponge. I noticed that the mousse like texture did not work as effectively with a brush application. Giorgio Armani Beauty Face Fabric Foundation
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
Review for: 3.5 - Light With Warm Undertone more...
This is one of the most bizarre foundations I have ever tried, and I mean this in both a good and bad way. This foundation is very hit or miss for me. I have normal skin, can lean a little dry sometimes.This formula is so different, so innovative, that it could either have worked really well or really horribly. It works both ways on me. It comes out in a soft, kind of fluffy, mousse-y texture. It's very lightweight. I used this foundation several times, and tried applying it with a brush, a sponge, and my fingers. I personally enjoy the application better with my fingers. I found that it moved around a lot and looked streaky with my brush, and it's difficult to blend/patchy sometimes with my sponge. It gives a matte but not "flat" finish.  It has a light coverage and has a luxurious "feel" to it. I must say, I personally like lighter to medium coverage foundations better. I don't like the way super full coverage looks on me. However, the finish of this is hit or miss for me. There are days where it looks so beautiful. It blurs out my imperfections and makes my skin look flawless. There are other days where it pills up and looks like a powdery mess on me, no matter how I apply it (and I use the same products). I don't know why that occurs, but it is odd.The lasting power of this foundation is okay. I do use this with my favorite primer, a tiny bit (not much) of powder, and setting spray. It's not the longest lasting out of the foundations I own and love, but it does the trick for few hours. I have worn this for 10+ hours at a time. I find that it breaks down mostly on my nose and fades quite a bit on my cheeks and chin at the end of the day. It doesn't make me look dry or oily as it fades, which is good.Now for a major con. The shades are just so limited. My skin tone is light to medium with warm undertones. My current "perfect" foundation shade is Lancome Teint Idole foundation in the shade 320 Bisque W. I did receive the Face Fabric when my skin was a little paler as well, and used it then too. I have the shade 3.5, light with warm undertones. The color in the tube is very deceiving. It looks extremely dark and orange. This shade also blends strangely on my skin. It's too light on me right now but also too warm. It's pretty much orange. When I was just slightly paler, this was actually too dark and too orange on me. The shade range with this foundation is also very tricky because the warmer shades are all extremely warm, while the cooler shades appear extremely cool. There is also little variety in the shade range, which makes it even more difficult to find a match. I used this foundation on its own so that way I could give it a fair shot and gather my full thoughts; however, I now mix it with my other foundations that are more neutral and have different color range to better match my current skin tone. Luckily, I found a ratio for it to mix well with my other foundations. If I mix too much of it in, it does break my other foundations down quite a bit. Overall, I really do try to love this foundation. I want to love it. But it's so hit or miss that I just can't justify buying it again, especially at that price. I will continue to use it while I own it but I will not repurchase.
**I did receive this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Ashley A.
Scotts, MI
Review - I have been using the Giorgio Armani Beauty Face Fabric Foundation in the shade 1 over the past couple of weeks and found some things I like about it and some things I do not. I have combination skin and this product did not work well for me. If I used a primer with the product, it left my skin looking quite oily after a few hours of use. If I did not use a primer, my skin became very dry and it was easy to see the dry areas. This foundation applies similar to a thick primer. It goes on very smooth, soft, and it truly does give your skin a soft and blurred look. The finish was nice and soft but it never seemed to turn into a true powder as stated in the claims. - The problem that I had with this is that it seemed to sit on top of the skin and not soak in or set. Even after using a setting powder, the foundation transferred very easily. I realized how much I touch my face throughout the day because I was leaving makeup steaks on everything I touched. The coverage was great for anyone looking for a light/medium coverage. The foundation was a bit difficult to build because it never really sets down well. Adding another layer seemed like a waste because it would just smear around. I found adding a bit more at the beginning worked well. -Overall, this product left a very soft, smooth texture on the face and did blur some spots I had. I feel like this may work better for someone without combination skin. I received this product complimentary from Influenster testing purposes.
Tianna G.
Windham, ME
Review for: 2 - Light With Neutral Undertone more...

It is exactly what I had been looking for. It is a step up
from BB and CC Creams. The part I don’t like about BB Creams or CC Creams is
the oiliness or slick of them and how they don’t last. But I love the look of
them when you first apply. Well Face Fabric looks like aBB or CC Creams and
lasts and lasts and it’s so breathable and really looks like skin! A light
foundation for everyday use with a matte finish. It is absolutely easy to
apply, it’s has made my morning routine – easy breezy. No more sponges or
brushes. All I do is after my morning routine (serums, moisturizers and SPF), I
put this on, with my fingers and voîla, out the door! You don’t need a setting
powder, but for the first few days I still used one as I was so used to having
to use one and it still looked great. But it does have it’s own powder finish. I
will say it never builds up to a full coverage but I definitely recommend it
for everyday use if you are looking for that BB cream/ flawless finish type of
look. It won’t be my favorite for special events when I want full coverage but
it is my new favorite for daily wear! I received this foundation from
Influenster for a honest review and I was honest!

Yosephine L.
Review for: 3.5 - Light With Warm Undertone more...
Packaging: The packaging was nothing special, since it came in a squeeze tube. It has a matte finish and very simple.

Consistency/coverage: The foundation is a creamy consistency that turns into a powder finish. About a quarter size dollop is enough for coverage. The foundation provides a light to medium coverage, much more lighter than what I normally use. Even with concealer, the foundation is not enough to cover all my blemishes nor evens out my skin tone. The foundation is buildable, but I did not try to attempt for full coverage. It dries to a demi-matte finish.

Application: I used one of my Morphe brushes to apply the foundation. When using the brush, the foundation was easy to apply evenly and did not streak. However, the foundation quickly blends to a powder finish quickly.

Color: I received shade 3.5 (light with warm undertone) and the foundation was surprisingly a perfect match. I have olive tone skin with golden undertone and usually use a medium toned foundation. The color blended well with my natural skin tone.

Lasting power: Under normal wear, the foundation lasts about 8 hours before a touch up is necessary and before patchiness occurs. I have combo/oily skin so it does an okay job controlling shine. The foundation reminds me of the bareminerals original powder foundation finish and lasting power.

Price: At $49, this foundation falls in the price category of higher end luxury brands and much more pricey. Considering this is a Giorgio Armani product, the price is to be expected.

Overall, I would recommend this product for someone who’s looking for a powder finish foundation, but likes the application of a liquid. It’s a good foundation, but not my holy grail. I like it enough to use the rest of the foundation, but not enough to buy a refill once I’m out.
Ashley S.
Farmingtn Hls, MI
Review for: 4 - Medium With Warm Undertone more...
I just tried this foundation for the first time... Wow. Just wow. I have never been more impressed in my life with a foundation. It’s no wonder the Kardashian‘s were obsessed with these and when they got discontinued, they bought 20 each off of Amazon. It is light and breathable. It feels kind of like a primer at first when applying, and then it smoothens to a beautiful, natural looking, glowy look. Even my husband noticed a difference with my make up and commented on it. I am truly hooked for life. I will be purchasing over & over again. Giorgio Armani, please never discontinue this! Thank you Influenster & Giorgio Armani for giving me the opportunity to test this product out. I finally found a foundation that works perfectly with my skin.
Sabrina S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Review for: 3.5 - Light With Warm Undertone more...
Influenster sent me this product to try out and I was so excited.  I will say though that when it arrived, I was caught off guard as it looked SO dark.  Thankfully this foundation blends seamlessly with my skin and ends up looking like the perfect match.
It is definitely light coverage, as you can see in my photo (before is left and after is on the right, it really just smoothed my face and looks like I used a filter).
I will say though that I dropped one star because this is not dry skin friendly.  Any dry patches or bumps will be accentuated and look rather noticeable and bad.  As long as you keep yourself well moisturized, you will like this product.
Oh for reference, right now I am shade Santa Fe in Nars, and the shade 3.5 in this foundation works, however I think shade 2 might work a tad better.
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
What’s your shade?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this breathable???
Sheeshe M.
Oakdale, LA
Are the claims true. Also is it really buildable?I bought a foundation that was "buildable"and when I tried my second layer it became a little patchy. Does this leave too much dew or does it leave just enough on oily skin?
Tabitha M.
Is this REALLY worth the price?
Kandi B.
Amarillo, TX
I've heard great things about this foundation is it good as everyone says? Does it perform well on dry skin?