Gimborn Kwik Stop Styptic Powder - .5 oz. uploaded by Yumi Q.

BY GIMBORN

Kwik-Stop Styptic Power now contains Benzocaine for pain relief! For use on dogs, cats and birds, it will stop bleeding caused by clipping nails, docking tails, trimming beaks and minor cuts. Veterinarian approved formula can be applied with a cotton applicator or finger tip. For external use only. Available in 1/2 oz, 1 1/2 oz, 4 oz. and 6 oz. see more...

Katie F.
As a former groomer, this is the only styptic power I will ever use on my & former clients. Any accidental bleeding stops immediately. I love that it doesn't seem to hurt them as I've seen lesser brands do. Highly recommend you have on hand.
alyssa t.
I clip my cats' nails, usually without any issues. I can usually see where the blood vessel is, and so not cut too close. Once my cat moved, and I cut too much; he bled quite a bit. I ran to the store and bought this. It stopped the bleeding almost immediately. I use a q-tip, dampen it, dip it in the powder, and apply it to the bleeding nail. I keep this close by whenever I cut my cats' nails, and only need it sometimes, but those nails can bleed A LOT, and this powder is painless and effective.
Scarlett S.
FLINT, MI
A must have for someone with birds! If you cut the quick of their nail it will bleed profusely. No Bueno!! Grab some Q tips, moisten tip with water and swab in this powder to make a thick paste. Try to gently pack into the injured nail. Make sure you take their water source away for a few hours, as this might cause them to start bleeding again.
Also good if your hubby cuts himself shaving.
Catherine P.
Hutto, TX
I have been clipping my dogs nails for years without any problems. But, this stuff came in quite handy recently when trying to cut my squirmy puppy's nails. It was the first time I'd ever cut too far, but this stuff stopped the bleeding so quick, she barely had time to notice there was any blood. It can be a bit messy, but it's definitely a great product to have on hand.
Kim R.
Ashburn, VA
This stuff is a great help when clipping your dogs nails or helping them out if they have run them down too much. Our dogs nails were so thing because all the fun at daycamp that sometimes they are worn down to the quick. A little bit of the stories powder and everyone is happy again and my carpets don't have polka dots.
Denee J.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This is definitely a must have for taking care of your pet. I use it when I accidentally cut too far up my dog's nails, which can be frightening with all the blood. This powder, which I use with a wet cotton swab, quickly stops the bleeding and allows my dog to trust me again with finishing up her paws.
Rebecca J.
Chelan, WA
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
This is a life saver when clipping pet nails. On occasion we clip too close causing a bleed. This styptic powder words very quickly to stop the bleeding. Reminds me of the styptic powder my dad use to use for cuts he got from shaving! I think it's the same thing!
Nico M.
Van Nuys, CA
A great tool to have on hand. You never want it to happen but it sometimes does and you cut a nail too short and see blood and start to panic. Cornstarch will always work but this is an easier way for peace of mind while oh clip. Careful out there.
Krissy F.
Brush, CO
If you're a pet owner, this is a must have! You wouldn't think that a simple nail trim can be fatal, but if you hit the quick, it bleeds a lot, and fast. Kwik Stop has been a blessing when my birds get boo-boos or someone gets their toes bit by a moody cage-mate
Jessi D.
Derry, NH
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Always and I mean always keep this stuff on hand if your cutting your fur babies nails !!!! The easiest slip could cause a nasty bleed and this powered stops the bleeding fast
LaToi J.